Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 6/9/2021 at 7:33 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I find it hard to believe that 2 yr old Ivy got into Jessa’s makeup and knew the mascara only goes by your eyes and not all over your face, when my kids got into my makeup at that age they had it all over themselves, forehead, lips, cheeks, hair you name it what a mess!

but Ivy only has it neatly smeared above her eyes, not in her eyes or anywhere else… I guess it’s possible but I’d don’t trust That Jessa didn’t *help* Ivy 

I don’t know, kids are great mimics. I had a co-worker whose toddler was found with maxi-pads peeled and stuck all around her diaper area. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2

Any sign of a gushing Father’s Day tribute to Boob? Or did Jessa exhaust all fawning on the last one? I don’t even remember if it was last year or even earlier, just recall how nauseous it made me. So far I have only seen one post from Joy, but maybe they are all together at the Big House, lol.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I don’t know, kids are great mimics. I had a co-worker whose toddler was found with maxi-pads peeled and stuck all around her diaper area. 

Reminds me of when my son, aged about 7, asked whether I was going to have another baby girl, because he found a box of "little pink diapers" in my bathroom. 

But, yeah, kids really are great mimics...both my daughter and my granddaughter loved to mimic putting on makeup, and definitely knew which product went where on the face at very young ages - and neither my daughter or I are particularly obsessed with makeup.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh Lordy. I'd rather look at the bike than the wall behind the couch. IMO, those giant photos are overbearing.

That was my first thought. The scale is totally off and the photos overwhelm the room. 

With regards to the bike, nothing surprises me with this family anymore. And Jessa loves her shitty house? Sure, Jan. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh Lordy. I'd rather look at the bike than the wall behind the couch. IMO, those giant photos are overbearing.

Those life-size pictures are monstrous!  I wouldn't be able to be in that room long.  She topped Jill for awful pictures.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

The sheets of paper taped to the wall are a bad bold decor choice.

Apparently those are songs they sing. So what, they all stand in front of the couch and belt out tunes??? Not sure what the other sheets are, but I will guess Bible verses to memorize.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And just terribly repetitive. With no sense of flow. What the hell?  Two pictures of Jessa, two pictures of Ben? 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I never noticed that bike my eyes were drawn to the larger than life photos. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I miss the black and white photos of the kids. They looked good and they weren't as big. 

Honestly, if she was going to hang a color photo of them in the meadow, then she should have just picked one group family picture. 

I would imagine that Spurgeon is thrilled to not have to nap with his siblings, however. He gets to be more grown-up and spend some quality time with Ben.

• Love 9
On 6/20/2021 at 3:05 PM, ginger90 said:

5FDFF48C-80D1-4D16-B558-467B51012768.jpeg

Spurge with his hair looking like an unruly mop… he’s starting to look like an old lady with a bad perm… why is Jessa so obsessed with him having a mop of curls?

Spurge would look so cute with a shorter haircut and he could still have curls.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Spurge with his hair looking like an unruly mop… he’s starting to look like an old lady with a bad perm… why is Jessa so obsessed with him having a mop of curls?

Spurge would look so cute with a shorter haircut and he could still have curls.

I think "mop" is the operative word.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

They ain't movin anytime soon....

4d2c0iqc1i671.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&

Her over the top “yes and LOVE it!” Makes me wonder… 🙄 I wonder if she’s just doing it to show how frugal and content she is because it makes her look like a better Christian or something even if it means the kids have nowhere to play.

I wonder how much the kids “love it” playing in that tiny living room day after day, Spurge, Henry and Ivy all crammed in the same bedroom.

in the latest pic there’s a bicycle in the living room laying on the floor, do they actually ride bikes in that tiny living room?

to each their own but that tiny mold house would not work for me if I had 3 kids with a baby on the way, I think it’s fine for Spurge and Henry to share a room but adding Ivy to the room makes me uncomfortable. 🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Poor kid is starting to look like a miniature version of Pat from SNL, minus the glasses. Get him a haircut, ffs.

38fc487f3eaa47adb34191991af56c07.thumb.jpg.65f0492df0374e4aed0e2b840b409f33.jpg

I just realized Jessa also dresses Spurge in clothes that are *too tight* just like Pat!😯

I hate wearing clothes that are too damn tight especially sweaters and other warm clothing because I always feel restricted, too warm and just uncomfortable…. Poor kid he’s got that hair that always looks sweaty and he’s poured into clothing that’s too damn tight.

• Love 18

Spurgeon's hair is very similar to one of my kid's hair. Cutting it short cuts off the curls. I was sad when we cut off the curls. But between folks misgendering him and my somewhat conservative husband, it was time.

When he was in high school he grew his hair out down to his shoulders. He had the most beautiful loose and soft ringlets. He wears it short now because he is starting to thin on top.

All that to say, Spurge and Henry would lose their curls if they had typical boy cuts. Jessa and the rest of the Duggars continue their obsession with curls. Unfortunately Jessa's obsession is at the expense of her kids' comfort. When I see some pictures of Spurgie, I can't help but think of the cartoon character Sam Sheepdog.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Her over the top “yes and LOVE it!” Makes me wonder… 🙄 I wonder if she’s just doing it to show how frugal and content she is because it makes her look like a better Christian or something even if it means the kids have nowhere to play.

I wonder how much the kids “love it” playing in that tiny living room day after day, Spurge, Henry and Ivy all crammed in the same bedroom.

in the latest pic there’s a bicycle in the living room laying on the floor, do they actually ride bikes in that tiny living room?

to each their own but that tiny mold house would not work for me if I had 3 kids with a baby on the way, I think it’s fine for Spurge and Henry to share a room but adding Ivy to the room makes me uncomfortable. 🤷‍♀️ 

I don't know whether she loves it or not, but it looks like, at the very least, Jessa is annoyed at the comments about her house and feels the need to (badly) set the record straight.

I doubt the kids care or even notice the size of the house. And I was in a twitter discussion recently about house sizes (not about the Duggars at all), with UK twitter overall amazed at the size of US houses. Three, soon to be four, kids in a 2 bedroom, 1000 sq house isn't crazy to me. Not my preference at this point in my life, but I grew up in a family of five in a 2 bedroom unit of a duplex. It was fine, and not something I gave any thought to other than the teenage grumpiness over not having my own room.

As for Jessa's real feelings--she has a house on a decent size bit of land in her name with no mortgage. She could easily sell and upgrade and hasn't (probably due in no small part to prove the haters wrong). I could probably deal with much more discomfort in such a situation before upgrading, because house buying is a nightmare and I could have more time to save without a mortgage and the various costs of buying a house.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

So Jessa is so stubborn she will continue to live crammed into the mold house. And Bin is so checked out he doesn’t care either. In some ways it is hilarious, as we’ve seen Jill in a normal sized house as well as Jingle, Joy, Josiah, possibly Joe? But JD is in a trailer and we don’t know about Justin. So the others seem to be in appropriate sized houses for their current family. But the Duggars so things just a bit different, so who knows if anyone will upgrade. Smuggar family seems to be the only family that has gone from small to big home, then a real downgrade to the warehouse! I guess since the older kids remember pre-TTH, they are ok with smallish living space?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

At this point Jessa should keep her tiny abode until she finds out if she'll continue to have TLC income. She can take one of the old beat up Duggar RVs, park it in the driveway and call it the boys' dorm. She's good. 😬😁

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 16
  • Love 6

Does Jessa stare at the giant kissing pictures and mumble to herself 

you do love that boring dork, yes you do. 

Maybe she is trying to convince herself they are in love. While to us it looks like they are miserable together.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
On 6/20/2021 at 11:45 PM, madpsych78 said:

I miss the black and white photos of the kids. They looked good and they weren't as big. 

Honestly, if she was going to hang a color photo of them in the meadow, then she should have just picked one group family picture. 

I would imagine that Spurgeon is thrilled to not have to nap with his siblings, however. He gets to be more grown-up and spend some quality time with Ben.

Those pictures look horrible hanging there.  The black&white ones of the kids worked so much better.  Or, like you said, just one family portrait would be even better.  Jessa doesn’t know the first thing about room decor or else she just doesn’t care how it looks.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Those pictures look horrible hanging there.  The black&white ones of the kids worked so much better.  Or, like you said, just one family portrait would be even better.  Jessa doesn’t know the first thing about room decor or else she just doesn’t care how it looks.

Or she may be like me..she likes it and that is all that matters. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I just realized Jessa also dresses Spurge in clothes that are *too tight* just like Pat!😯

I hate wearing clothes that are too damn tight especially sweaters and other warm clothing because I always feel restricted, too warm and just uncomfortable…. Poor kid he’s got that hair that always looks sweaty and he’s poured into clothing that’s too damn tight.

Same here.  I have broad shoulders and have to wear tops that are baggy to get the shoulder room that won't make me feel restricted.  Comfort is everything.  Jessa wears roomy clothes, but she seems to not even notice her kids wearing stuff that's just too damn tight.  

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Madtown said:

I'm trying to imagine what people would think if they came into our house and saw a gigantic ass poster of Mr. Madtown and I kissing? Or a bike laying in the middle of the floor?

Blink twice if you need help 🤣🤣🤣

I never seen anyone hang big non wedding kissing pictures. Ever. Maybe it’s a Duggar thing!

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

At some point, Jessa will probably have the expert howler construction crew add a bedroom and a bathroom to her house.  I'm sure putting boys and girls together in a bedroom won't last much longer--actually I'm surprised it happened at all considering Duggar history and values. 

• Love 13
(edited)
8 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Maybe Jessa can build a quadruple bunk bed….

This one has 4 beds and a trundle. I'm sure she's capable of just looking at the picture and then building it herself.

ETA: Obviously the trundle is for all the guests brave enough to sleep in their house.

4 beds.JPG

Edited by Nysha
  • LOL 17
33 minutes ago, Nysha said:

This one has 4 beds and a trundle. I'm sure she's capable of just looking at the picture and then building it herself.

ETA: Obviously the trundle is for all the guests brave enough to sleep in their house.

4 beds.JPG

Well, there ya go!  A perfect setup for Jessa and Ben.  Add a master bedroom and bath to the house, install these beds in the two small bedrooms, and they have room for 10 kids.  Of course it must be 5 boys and 5 girls, or someone will have to sleep in the living room~

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

4 beds.JPG

ec3549ad-1115-4e3c-91a3-23fd3bc1ac22.caa

Two in bed, two in the drawers.

• LOL 16