Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I viewed the Ivy birthday video on two different sites. That scene where Ivy was pushing the stroller from the hallway in to the living room was so staged. On one of the sites, the video began a couple of seconds early and I saw and heard Ivy standing in the hall doorway waiting to be told to start walking. Ben was standing behind her. So staged..it's beyond belief. Jessa has her children perform like circus animals for the camera. The other video began a few seconds later concealing that moment.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I viewed the Ivy birthday video on two different sites. That scene where Ivy was pushing the stroller from the hallway in to the living room was so staged. On one of the sites, the video began a couple of seconds early and I saw and heard Ivy standing in the hall doorway waiting to be told to start walking. Ben was standing behind her. So staged..it's beyond belief. Jessa has her children perform like circus animals for the camera. The other video began a few seconds later concealing that moment.

Modeling her godly parents’ behavior. Jessa knows she needs to step it up since Volderjosh’s defense is going to make the Seewalds slice of the pie much smaller. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I’m surprised that Jessa’s vanity doesn’t drive her to cut her hair. She could be strikingly beautiful with a shoulder length layered cut - she’d get a lot of natural curl/bounce. ala Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Now she looks like she’s got a weight of cousin-it hair hanging around her neck. And does she have blonde streaks around her face? Or gray?

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I’m surprised that Jessa’s vanity doesn’t drive her to cut her hair. She could be strikingly beautiful with a shoulder length layered cut - she’d get a lot of natural curl/bounce. ala Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Now she looks like she’s got a weight of cousin-it hair hanging around her neck. And does she have blonde streaks around her face? Or gray?

Yeah, her hair is the absolute worst.  She truly doesn’t give a damn anymore and it’s a shame, because she used to be so pretty.  I’ll bet Ben wonders what happened to the person he married.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I believe Jessa's excuse was her midwife was out of town and her back-up "midwife" didn't have hospital privileges. 

Ugh, the casual way Jessa refers to calling an ambulance, as "transport".  They were medical emergencies, not freaking rides to the hospital.

And cost a bundle. How did they pay for all that?

• Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I know, it must be so heavy. I’ve been growing mine during the pandemic and it’s below my shoulders. I am so tired of shoving it out of my face and it’s so uncomfortable and heavy. Often I feel like shaving it all off!

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I thought the top looked gray in the latest vid. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

It’s a darling picture.  I don’t think it was staged.

Are you talking about the Ivy with the mascara picture? Notice there is absolutely none on her white shirt or on her hands. Staged.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Are you talking about the Ivy with the mascara picture? Notice there is absolutely none on her white shirt or on her hands. Staged.

I'm fighting with myself on this one because I so don't want it to be staged. It hurts my heart to think Jessa would mess up her kids sense of reality and do this. But so much leans toward staged. Like you said, Ivy is clean, but for her face, the bathroom is void of mascara too. Add to that Jessa didn't seem shocked or surprised, the fact that Jessa had her phone recording and where was everyone else? Not a peep from the boys or Ben.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8

Jessa is a mess. Her children are dirty, unkempt, in ill-fitting clothes, her house is a pigsty and she cleary ran out of fucks to give years ago.

Add to that the joyless faith that Bin at least holds.......yuk. Not a happy home

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

And cost a bundle. How did they pay for all that?

How do they pay for anything? Nobody works or earns a penny. Ambulance rides aren't cheap, that's for sure. 

At least her having the baby in a hospital will spare that poor couch. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Crochetlady said:

How do they pay for anything? Nobody works or earns a penny. Ambulance rides aren't cheap, that's for sure. 

At least her having the baby in a hospital will spare that poor couch. 😂

I bet Boob picked up the tab for the first two. With all the money he's dumping into Joshley's defense, it wouldn't surprise me if he's cut the allowances. With some creative accounting, Jessa could show income low enough to qualify for Medicaid, or maybe Bin got insurance through his job. Assuming Jessa is being truthful, she must have some form of coverage that she didn't before.

• Love 8

My guess would be Medicaid versus him having insurance. Just from what I saw of the church he is working at, I'd be surprised if they offered a true benefits package like you might see in a much larger congregation or with a church tied to an actual conference. I'd also be shocked if he put in a full 40 hours a week unless I am mistaken about the actual size of the congregation. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

that isn't funny or cute. She could crawl up into it and close the door. Kids suffocate that way. 

No it's not!  It's potentially dangerous to play in the refrigerator and disgusting that she's contaminated the milk.    Doesn't Jessa do anything to civilize and protect her children?  She treats them like performers.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 18
58 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

that isn't funny or cute. She could crawl up into it and close the door. Kids suffocate that way. 

It is TERRIFYING that Ivy would open the fridge and climb inside. Jessa and Ben need to childproof that fridge ASAP!! Cannot believe that she would stand there taking a picture, not worried for her daughter at all. 

It also bothers me that this child is so fucking hungry. It's Henry all over again. I assume the kids do manage to scrounge up food somehow because they don't look especially waifish, but WTF.

That she thinks this is cute, normal 2-year-old behavior is really worrying. She is about to have another baby in the house, so I can't see this getting better anytime soon.

• Love 21

I’m terrified Ivy get in there and suffocate. I’d also put money that Jessa staged the whole thing.

How was she had three toddlers that have not gotten seriously hurt? How do any of these people make it out of early childhood?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I guess Jessa doesn’t even bother with regular meal times. 

I can't remember if it was on the show or her YouTube channel, but Jessa spilled the beans and said they never ate regular meals at the TTH. She said she wasn't used to mealtimes because she grew up grazing all day.

Since it appears Jessa is replicating her childhood to the letter, that explains why her kids are constantly starving yet not underweight. They likely eat a ton of empty calories in the form of crackers and snack foods, but don't get the right combo of fiber, protein and healthy fats to ever feel satisfied. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I’m terrified Ivy get in there and suffocate. I’d also put money that Jessa staged the whole thing.

How was she had three toddlers that have not gotten seriously hurt? How do any of these people make it out of early childhood?

Sheer luck 

• Love 5

It possible Jessa staged it but either way she thinks its cute and doesn't get rational people will look at it and say its a hazard. The kids probably aren't fed enough because she's too busy making pregnancy videos and staging other sm pics and Bin is a man so of course he doesn't make a meal. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if the milk is expired. 😁

Jessa did say that this behavior screams "two years," and for a moment there I did wonder if she has been stalking the Jill thread. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

It possible Jessa staged it but either way she thinks its cute and doesn't get rational people will look at it and say its a hazard. The kids probably aren't fed enough because she's too busy making pregnancy videos and staging other sm pics and Bin is a man so of course he doesn't make a meal. 

Jessa never saw that episode of Punky Brewster.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

That video wasn't funny or cute or anything else.  I want to slap Jessa. Seriously bitch? Your child is in the refrigerator drinking milk out of the jug and you think it's funny or acceptable?? Ugh. Jessa is a lazy, uncaring parent who doesn't need children. 

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Pregnant with kid number four but still no lock on the fridge hmm 

My kids never got in the fridge, nor did any of the grandkids. They need discipline and supervision. 

• Love 24
1 minute ago, Crochetlady said:

Ivy took it off, drank, then replaced the cap. 

Repeatedly!!!! While Jessa just filmed away. I was surprised she didn't end up with milk all over herself. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I wish she’d open a PO Box. I will happily mail her a brush and some fucking cleaning supplies. 🤮🤮

Seriously. I just want to don a Hazmat suit and hose that place down with a power washer and bleach. 

• LOL 11

Jessa reminds me of a neighbor during my childhood.  Her youngest kid (out of four, I think) as a toddler, would tell his mom that he had to pee.  If they were at a store, she'd tell him 'oh, just do it in your pants.'  If they were at home and he peed his pants for whatever reason, she'd spank him.  Jessa is probably like that, IMO.

3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I vote yet another staged picture.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Who lets their child climb in the fridge?  It’s Diapergate 2.0.

Samuel L Jackson does a commercial for a credit card.  He says “ It’s kinda genius”. When I see Jessa in her filthy house doing the bare minimum to parent her kids and popping out yet another I can hear his voice saying: “It’s kinda tragic”.

• Love 2