Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Josh's arrest must have stirred up a ton of rage in Jessa, rage that she's been forced to push down and deny in the name of "keeping sweet". Even if she wants to vent that rage, who besides Ben is even going to listen to her (certainly her mother and father don't want to hear about it). And she, more than any of the other kids, must be terrified at the thought of losing the TV show because of Josh.

I could see that. When the 2015 scandals came to light Jessa was upset that her perv brother Josh had ruined her chance to get a birth special from TLC and other perks. 

Also- the tv show is her only source of income it looks like, and she’s pregnant with her fourth. The other marrieds (outside of Anna) all have a way to make a living without the show. 

I definitely can understand if she was angry and upset. Josh....AGAIN. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jessa, now is the time for the mumu dress, honey. Sweat pants are for when you aren't 'expecting' heavily. 

I prefer to call it a caftan.  I bought one last year and love it.  It is the easiest thing to throw on and look presentable and relaxed.   No one needs to know if I'm wearing anything underneath nor when I last showered.  Just as comfy as sweatpants. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jessa, now is the time for the mumu dress, honey. Sweat pants are for when you aren't 'expecting' heavily. 

Oh my goodness, yes. Sweats are for after the baby.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I prefer to call it a caftan.  I bought one last year and love it.  It is the easiest thing to throw on and look presentable and relaxed.   No one needs to know if I'm wearing anything underneath nor when I last showered.  Just as comfy as sweatpants. 

Are you my next door neighbor?

• LOL 20

Does anyone else think it looks like Jessa has had some (bad) work done on her face? In that family picture her mouth looks all puffy and stretched at the same time, and her cheeks look really really big. She doesn’t look happy, either. I agree with those who said she looked like she’d rather be anywhere else: I think Ivy is cute as hell, Henry looks like a bloated mini-Gordon Ramsey, and Spurge looks like an amalgam of all the least desirable Duggar features.

• Love 3
(edited)
17 minutes ago, lascuba said:

One of the big changes I noticed in Jessa after the first scandal broke was just how desperate she became to save her parents' images. Where before she had no problem being openly contemptuous of JB and throwing not so subtle shade at the family's  lifestyle and upbringing, afterwards it was glowing social media posts about how wonderful JB and Michelle are, and outright lies on camera about how they did the bulk of the diaper changes, etc., even when Jana had no qualms in stating that she lost count of the number of diapers she's changed. I'm starting to wonder if the mold house is another aspect of this. Her parents did everything right and and spent her formative years crowded in a way too small house so that's what she's doing, because doing otherwise would be criticizing her upbringing and what would that say about her?

I'm not even sure if I think money is much of a factor. They have no obvious source of income but then neither do most of her siblings. She and Ben could be following the family business of shady real estate deals. I can't imagine TLC paying much when they film so few episodes a year and the first couple of CO seasons didn't have a single advertiser.

I know it's a long shot, and the most likely explanation is the simplest one--JB told Jessa she wouldn't have to worry about money if she sang his praises in public. But that girl has never been a good actress and her behavior changed so radically after the scandal that it makes me wonder what's going on in her head.

She has a tendency in general to cut her nose off to spite her face on social media. Like, she will double-down on something stupid once she is criticized over that thing. I think it is part of her personality. 

I've quoted this before about her, but I often think of John Prine's line about spiting the nose right off of your face in relation to her. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14
35 minutes ago, Zella said:

She has a tendency in general to cut her nose off to spite her face on social media. Like, she will double-down on something stupid once she is criticized over that thing. I think it is part of her personality. 

I've quoted this before about her, but I often think of John Prine's line about spiting the nose right off of your face in relation to her. 

Definitely, she's always been that way. She's hugely reactionary to any perceived or actual criticism of her or family. I swear she would have started wearing pants years ago if she wasn't worried about what that would imply about her feelings over her her upbringing. But I feel there was a tone shift after the Megyn Kelly interview where instead of simply (over) reacting, she was actively attempting to head of criticism before it started. Like, I could see her thinking, when she was asked how many diapers she's changed, "If I say a lot people are going to criticize my parents and I can't allow that so I have to specify that they've changed so many more!" I really think her refusal to make changes that would make life more comfortable--like getting a bigger house--might be more about that tendency rather than any monetary issues.

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

Does anyone else think it looks like Jessa has had some (bad) work done on her face? In that family picture her mouth looks all puffy and stretched at the same time, and her cheeks look really really big. She doesn’t look happy, either. I agree with those who said she looked like she’d rather be anywhere else: I think Ivy is cute as hell, Henry looks like a bloated mini-Gordon Ramsey, and Spurge looks like an amalgam of all the least desirable Duggar features.

Are you talking about the picture at the Seewalds' or another one? I don't think she's had anything done from what I've seen. She's always had very full lips--there are picture of her as toddler attesting to that. And I don't think her cheeks look any bigger. I feel like she's lost volume in her face as part of aging and her cheekbones look a bit more prominent because of that.

• Love 9
(edited)
36 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Definitely, she's always been that way. She's hugely reactionary to any perceived or actual criticism of her or family. I swear she would have started wearing pants years ago if she wasn't worried about what that would imply about her feelings over her her upbringing. But I feel there was a tone shift after the Megyn Kelly interview where instead of simply (over) reacting, she was actively attempting to head of criticism before it started. Like, I could see her thinking, when she was asked how many diapers she's changed, "If I say a lot people are going to criticize my parents and I can't allow that so I have to specify that they've changed so many more!" I really think her refusal to make changes that would make life more comfortable--like getting a bigger house--might be more about that tendency rather than any monetary issues.

I wouldn't be surprised if she felt especially defensive because she believed the family was being unfairly attacked and doubled down accordingly. It also wouldn't surprise me if how resistant she seems to change and how hostile she is to even well-meaning criticism is some sort of defense mechanism from her upbringing.  

I think she also may have become even more defensive about the family because she felt her livelihood, such as it is, was being threatened, and I think she does perhaps feel as if following the family playbook is the best way to preserve that.

To me, Jessa is the quintessential big fish in a small pond, and though she may never actually say those words herself or admit that even to herself, I think deep down she knows that, and it makes her burrow in even more. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 13

Jessa changed a lot after she had Ivy. It's like all the spark and and spunk left her and she's just winging it. I wonder if she had post-partum depression but instead of getting medical attention she just decided to have another baby.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
17 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Benji run off to get snipped! Jessa won’t even notice.

Heck, this is the best time for that--they can't have sex for however-many days after the baby is born anyway, so there's plenty of time to heal.  And I doubt Jessa gets "up close and personal" with his genitalia, so if there's a scar no biggie.

ETA:  If Jessa loses much more weight in her face, between the cheekbones and her chin she'd just need a fright wig to be a perfect Cruella de Vil.

Edited by Fosca
Sometimes ideas just pop into my head . . . .
  • Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Jessa changed a lot after she had Ivy. It's like all the spark and and spunk left her and she's just winging it. I wonder if she had post-partum depression but instead of getting medical attention she just decided to have another baby.

Didn't she have a miscarriage just before this pregnancy? That wouldn't help her mental state, if she's indeed struggling. I don't like her, but I don't wish that on anyone.

I'd like to think that although she's repeatedly dropped totally dishonest "hints" along the lines of "gosh could I be having twins?" and "we're thinking of adoption," she wouldn't lie about having a miscarriage. But TBH at this point her credibility is so low for me that the thought of such a lie occurred to me. 

She's 101% her parents' child IMO: if she's talking or posting on social media, I usually assume she's lying until proven otherwise. And I'm not naturally a suspicious or skeptical person. And as I said, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt on the miscarriage subject. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Didn't she have a miscarriage just before this pregnancy? That wouldn't help her mental state, if she's indeed struggling. I don't like her, but I don't wish that on anyone.

I'd like to think that although she's repeatedly dropped totally dishonest "hints" along the lines of "gosh could I be having twins?" and "we're thinking of adoption," she wouldn't lie about having a miscarriage. But TBH at this point her credibility is so low for me that the thought of such a lie occurred to me. 

She's 101% her parents' child IMO: if she's talking or posting on social media, I usually assume she's lying until proven otherwise. And I'm not naturally a suspicious or skeptical person. And as I said, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt on the miscarriage subject. 

Its so hard to know with the Duggars. They pee on pregnancy sticks more often than I change the sheets on our bed.

Ivy just turned 2, so this pregnancy would be her third in about 16 months time, if she became pregnant with this kid in October. So the miscarriage would likely have been about a year ago. Not atypical of a Duggar, I suppose.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Kellyee said:

How many siblings does Ben have? We know Joe and Kendra will have 500 kids, but I'm not so sure about Jessa.

Spurgeon is five and a half. Assuming Jessa delivers S4 soon, that's four kids in less than six years. She may not be on Kendra's pace, but that's still a lot of kids in a short amount of time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Spurgeon is five and a half. Assuming Jessa delivers S4 soon, that's four kids in less than six years. She may not be on Kendra's pace, but that's still a lot of kids in a short amount of time. 

I was just wondering if she will cut it off at some point, or if Ben will say he doesn't want more kids. I remember way back on the original 19 Kids and Counting, Jessa did say at one point that she wants a large family but isn't having 19 babies. 

Kendra and Joe have 3 kids under the age of 3. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

When Meredith was born, Mack was not yet six years old. So Anna also had four kids in less than six years for a brief period of time. I would say Jessa's pace is similar to Anna's, but not as consistent. Anna has managed to space every kid about two years apart, whereas there was a small gap between Spurge and Henry and a bigger gap between Henry and Ivy. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I was just wondering if she will cut it off at some point, or if Ben will say he doesn't want more kids. I remember way back on the original 19 Kids and Counting, Jessa did say at one point that she wants a large family but isn't having 19 babies. 

Kendra and Joe have 3 kids under the age of 3. 

I think Jessa would run out of time before she got close to 19. She was older than Mullet was when Mullet had Smuggar, plus Mullet had two sets of twins. 

IIRC, a couple of the Bateseses said they didn't want a lot of kids, but at least three of them are well on their way to having just that. 

• Love 3

Henry's language skills still seem to struggle, and her attention should be on him, not adding more babies to the pile. There is an Instagram blogger who is having her 6th kid in something like 9 years, and her third kid can barely be understood. Jessa is going to have a two year old and a newborn, and Spurgeon will probably be put in charge of Henry's speech therapy.

18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So Henry and Ivy share a bed.

I thought Henry slept in the toddler bed. Ben can’t even fake it for the video, he bolted for the store instead of spending ten minutes with his birthday girl.  That was sad to watch. Here Ivy, yet another reminder of the only thing you will ever do in your life. First, you will raise your siblings, then you become the next Pez dispenser.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So Henry and Ivy share a bed.

I am shocked, and i mean that in the most sarcastic way, the full size bottom bunk Jessa built isn't for guests?? but instead for her own kids in a 2 bed/one bath house. At least Bin's desk got moved out of the kid room.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, SMama said:

I thought Henry slept in the toddler bed. Ben can’t even fake it for the video, he bolted for the store instead of spending ten minutes with his birthday girl.  That was sad to watch. Here Ivy, yet another reminder of the only thing you will ever do in your life. First, you will raise your siblings, then you become the next Pez dispenser.

The video showed the bottom bunk divided by a long body pillow. It looks like Henry (or Spurge) sleeps on the outer edge with his head toward one end, and Ivy sleeps on the inside with her head toward the other end.

• Useful 3
41 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The video showed the bottom bunk divided by a long body pillow. It looks like Henry (or Spurge) sleeps on the outer edge with his head toward one end, and Ivy sleeps on the inside with her head toward the other end.

Or it’s where Ben sleeps when he must get away from Jessa.  😂 

• Love 4

Every video of Jessa's has so much to digest.

Spurge always look like a stuffed sausage. Ffs, buy him clothes that fit. Neither he nor Jessa seemed fazed that he had a bug crawling on him. I guess that's not an abnormal occurrence.

Henry was cute, Ivy was cute. I was sad that her birthday celebration consisted of ice cream they already had sitting in the freezer. 

Bin didn't look at or interact with Jessa once. They must be one of those couples with crazy sexual chemistry, because they clearly hate each other otherwise. 

The unmade beds, dirty mirror and overall sheen of filth was pretty standard for Casa de Seewald, Jessa being on her third trimester notwithstanding. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Every video of Jessa's has so much to digest.

Spurge always look like a stuffed sausage. Ffs, buy him clothes that fit. Neither he nor Jessa seemed fazed that he had a bug crawling on him. I guess that's not an abnormal occurrence.

Henry was cute, Ivy was cute. I was sad that her birthday celebration consisted of ice cream they already had sitting in the freezer. 

Bin didn't look at or interact with Jessa once. They must be one of those couples with crazy sexual chemistry, because they clearly hate each other otherwise. 

The unmade beds, dirty mirror and overall sheen of filth was pretty standard for Casa de Seewald, Jessa being on her third trimester notwithstanding. 

So spot on. The ant crawling on Spurgeon made me wonder how many other ones there were in the house.

Ivy eating severly frozen ice cream with a plastic fork, yeah tha will work well.

As you mentioned, Sprugeon seems to squished into his clothes and he always looks sweaty and his hair always either looks wet or slimey. I feel bad for him. He was singing Happy Birthday to Ivy and Jessa couldn't say one thing about it as she was too busy talking over him.

I agree, Ben seems totally over it, but yet keeps having more kids. I don't know how they make it in that house? They are already stepping all over each other, so by all means, have another one. Those kids need structure. I really wish Spurgeon could go to REAL school. They are bored and have no idea what to do anymore.

That house is a disgusting mess. All I can think of is how bad it has to smell.

• Love 20

I mean, Spurgeon was sitting on the couch playing with an ant that was crawling on his leg.  On the couch.  An ant.  Playing with it.  That is not ok.

Spurgeon himself looked checked out in much of the video.  I guess he takes after his dad?  Poor little guy.

• Love 1

Not that I would want my kids playing with ants in the house, but I got the impression Spurgeon was trying to train him to walk the path the belt made. Once Jessa showed up that game was done. 

• Useful 2
26 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Ben should ask Jessica the name of her divorce lawyer. I wonder if she’s able/willing to tell him to get a divorce since he’s miserable.

I really wish he or Jessa would. They both look just so unhappy.  

• Love 5

Poor Spurgeon. His name is Spurge and he needs his hair cut.

May I ask why they don't add on to that house? They have a ton of construction people in their family. Build a room (not a deck).

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Poor Spurgeon. His name is Spurge and he needs his hair cut.

May I ask why they don't add on to that house? They have a ton of construction people in their family. Build a room (not a deck).

They were thinking about immediate needs, not a long-term plan. 

• Love 2

Was Spurgeon wearing a pull-up in one of the birthday clips? I wonder if he's having issues climbing down from the top bunk to make it to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

• Useful 1

Zoning laws are all over the place and I'm not sure how many of them apply to owner occupied homes, but the Seewalds are reaching the limits. Bedroom occupancy goes from "2 + 1" to 4, and square footage should be 165 per person. I'm guessing the Mold House is somewhere between 900 - 1200 sq ft. That puts them at 150 - 200 sq ft per person, once Seewald child #4 is born.

But regardless of regulations, the Seewalds are outgrowing their home. Jessa is concerned about having a place for guests to sleep when there's barely enough room for their own family to sleep or for everyone to be awake and moving about the house, without guests.

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I'm not really sure how much room they have on the lot to add on. I think the lot itself is under 1/2 an acre, and that's not counting whatever is taken up with non-house things already, like the driveway. 

I have seen people add 2nd stories to trailers (I so wish I had not seen that), so obviously small lots don't stop the true innovators, but I have a hard time envisioning them building up rather than out. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8

What does Ben do for work these days? Do they even have any money to expand the house or move? I'm assuming that the future of Counting On may be in a serious question at the moment, and I'm guessing that was their main source of income.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, Nysha said:

Was Spurgeon wearing a pull-up in one of the birthday clips? I wonder if he's having issues climbing down from the top bunk to make it to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

He is wearing a pull-up. Is that the norm these days - to have a 5 year old in pull-ups? I come from an era when we potty-trained our kids by two or at least before their third birthday. And my kids rarely woke up to pee during the night, he certainly should be able to make it a whole night without peeing. Maybe he has bedwetting issues.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

He is wearing a pull-up. Is that the norm these days - to have a 5 year old in pull-ups? I come from an era when we potty-trained our kids by two or at least before their third birthday. And my kids rarely woke up to pee during the night, he certainly should be able to make it a whole night without peeing. Maybe he has bedwetting issues.

So children do have physical issues that cause bedwetting and it is not within their control. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13