Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

What is that lump on her hand? It look to be in the wrong place for her wrist bone?

I think that is her little finger that was moving in the picture.  Her other hand looks strange, too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

What is that lump on her hand? It look to be in the wrong place for her wrist bone?

If I’m looking in the same spot as you, I believe it is her pinky finger. She has it extended.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Why is she calling her “Ivy Jane?” Hillbilly. 😆

Ben has a thing for giving his kids names based on his favorite Protestant thinkers and martyrs.   She is Ivy Jane, named for Lady Jane Grey, Elizabeth I's cousin who was beheaded by the ebil Catholic Queen Mary I.  You can't just use her first name or you could possibly forget.  Same thing with Spurgeon Elliot.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

His face looks a little yellow.  

He used to be such a pretty child and there's something increasingly odd about the way he looks now.

I just thought about something...in the thread about royalty, there's been a big discussion about the British royal family, becoming "Windsored" as they age.  It ain't pretty.  I think we are seeing boys in this family becoming "Duggared".

Edited by Suzn
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Suzn said:

He used to be such a pretty child and there's something increasingly odd about the way he looks now.

I just thought about something...in the thread about royalty, there's been a big discussion about the British royal family, becoming "Windsored" as they age.  It ain't pretty.  I think we are seeing boys in this family becoming "Duggared".

Duggared vs. NotDuggared:

Jed-Duggar-honeymoon1.jpg

Both Ivy and Spurge seem to have inherited Jessa's Hapsburg jaw.

• LOL 3

Spurgeon seems to be getting a bit too round and fluffy probably from a lack of exercise and possibly too many snack crackers.   That combined with the messy hair isn't really cute at his age.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Boredom? Lack of stimulation? Lack of routine? Lack of nutritious food? No schedule? Lack of exercise?

All of the above.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Suzn said:

I think he's going through an awkward phase. He's no longer an adorable toddler, but isn't quite a gangly little boy.

I can't disagree, however, with @Westiepeach. A lack of fresh air, good food, exercise, and mental stimulation is pretty tough for a kid.

The script has really flipped between him and Izzy. A few years ago, Spurgeon was a cute, confident kid playing on a slide with his nervous, desperate-to-please cousin. Now, Izzy is relaxed and happy and Spurgeon looks  lost and confused and desperate for attention.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

She better get used to it. Soon enough it will be her job to cook for everyone!

Just came to post the same thing!  Hope she served her brothers and father those pancakes first!

Also, Jessa said Ivy has "so much personality".  Jessa!  Better get on squelching that out of her right quick!  Personality is most definitely not allowed in Fundieland. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope for the kids' sake and Jessa's sanity they either add on to that home or move. If your kids are never going to leave your side, they at least need to be able to spread out in their own home. IMO, its just not healthy to never have any alone time, for Jessa or the kids.

They're either crammed together in the Mold House or running wild with cousins at the THH. But in neither place can they squirrel away to read a book, work on a Lego masterpiece or even pick their nose, without someone right there.

What a nightmare scenario that would have been for this extreme introvert.  How many more kids can they cram in that tiny house?  

2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Ivy the tiny human is so smart and inquisitive! She would love going to school. It’s so sad that she will be stuck at home and her brain stifled/numbed yo death by boredom.

Not to mention even less attention with every new kid.  Poor child.

It's true; Izzy used to seem so unhappy.  And now, he's got advantages his cousins can only wish for.

• Love 19
11 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Ivy the tiny human is so smart and inquisitive! She would love going to school. It’s so sad that she will be stuck at home and her brain stifled/numbed yo death by boredom.

Give her another couple of years and that will be quashed out of her. A few years after that she will be responsible for the well-being of her baby siblings and cleaning up the messes that her bored older brothers make.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Give her another couple of years and that will be quashed out of her. A few years after that she will be responsible for the well-being of her baby siblings and cleaning up the messes that her bored older brothers make.

Yeah, Ivy will be sister momming before she loses her first tooth. 

Sistermomming and the hierarchy of kids, mostly the males, is the one area I'm very curious about. Will the Duggar sisters repeat this with their children?

Right now Anna is the only one with a daughter old enough to be a sistermom and if Mack is sistermomming Anna is hiding it well. 

Jessa certainly treats Spurgie as the wonder boy, but she also makes him give into his younger siblings' whims.

It seems as though Alyssa Bates is at least encouraging, if not forcing, her oldest to sistermom, although with the buddy system in the Bates household, the buddies weren't shown to have anywhere near the responsibilities the Duggar daughters had. Watching the show, Michaela seemed to have equal 'power' to the parents, but not so much Zach. Nate seems to be the most smug Bates son in the male hierarchy/chauvinism sense.

So how do the Duggar sisters look back on their sistermom duties? Do they resent it enough not to put the same burden on their daughters? Do they also resent their brothers' special treatment enough not to repeat this with their sons?

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
On 5/26/2021 at 4:20 PM, Clawdel said:

I would like to suggest my favorite girl names from the New Testament: 

• Eunice
  • Priscilla
  • Martha
  • Benenice
  • Dorcas
  • Lois
  • Lydia
  • Aquilla
  • Phoebe

I have a cousin named Martha - always thought it was a slam from her mother.. she is the most funny, comassionate person.  so there's that

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Sistermomming and the hierarchy of kids, mostly the males, is the one area I'm very curious about. Will the Duggar sisters repeat this with their children?

Right now Anna is the only one with a daughter old enough to be a sistermom and if Mack is sistermomming Anna is hiding it well. 

Jessa certainly treats Spurgie as the wonder boy, but she also makes him give into his younger siblings' whims.

It seems as though Alyssa Bates is at least encouraging, if not forcing, her oldest to sistermom, although with the buddy system in the Bates household, the buddies weren't shown to have anywhere near the responsibilities the Duggar daughters had. Watching the show, Michaela seemed to have equal 'power' to the parents, but not so much Zach. Nate seems to be the most smug Bates son in the male hierarchy/chauvinism sense.

So how do the Duggar sisters look back on their sistermom duties? Do they resent it enough not to put the same burden on their daughters? Do they also resent their brothers' special treatment enough not to repeat this with their sons?

I wonder about this as well. I tend to think that they'll all give their sons at least some degree of special treatment--that shit is ingrained in so many, even the non-religious. Boys are assertive, girls are strident and bossy, etc. As for sistermomming, I don't think any of them want to do that, and Jessa and Jinger very obviously resented that role,  but I can see that changing if the number of kids reaches a critical mass and they haven't made the mental leap and realized they could just stop having kids.

• Love 13

What is going on with Spurgeon? He is starting to look like a blob, poor kid. Jessa, get real haircuts for your sons, the curly hair look is not happening. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
12 minutes ago, SMama said:

What is going on with Spurgeon? He is starting to look like a blob, poor kid. Jessa, get real haircuts for your sons, the curly hair look is not happening. 

He’s always been the bad seed, to me. 😂

Does anyone here watch Law & Order SVU? Spurgeon looks a lot like Olivia’s son Noah (whom the fans tend to really dislike). 

F02C8FDA-D8E6-4B9C-A5A1-517B101566E7.jpeg

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

It’s nice to see that Jessa didn’t think it was necessary to put a shirt under Ivy’s dress. She could have skipped the heavy leggings too, but at least it’s a start! 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, SMama said:

A couple of my grandchildren pudge out like that just before they hit a growth spurt and outgrow all their clothes. I'm hoping this is what is happening with Spurgeon instead of him gaining weight because of all the snack crackers and the lack of physical play.

3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I was looking through IG, and I didn’t know (or remember, maybe) that Jessa had a miscarriage before she got pregnant with #4!

I don't think she said anything about it until she was pregnant with this baby. 

• Love 7