Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

She looks 45.  Not snarking on 45 year olds, as I'm looking at 45 in the rear-view mirror and wish I still looked 45.

And I'm embarrassed that it took me way too long to read her necklace as "Benjamin."  I was like, "Bonjumlin?"  "Bonjourno?"  "Bonjamilin?"

Now I want a necklace to honor jambalaya. One of my favorite dishes, 

• LOL 18

I don't understand why someone would want to wear a necklace spelling out their husband's name. It looks bizarre to me to see "Benjamin" hanging around her neck....just, why? To honor him somehow? To remind her what his name is? Something that had just their initials of J and B might be more appropriately subtle, although given who "JB" usually is on these boards, that's pretty creepy. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 3

And I'm embarrassed that it took me way too long to read her necklace as "Benjamin."  I was like, "Bonjumlin?"  "Bonjourno?"  "Bonjamilin?"

Oh, OK, Benjamin. At first I thought it said marijuana. Which kind of fits too.

• LOL 16

A friend of mine had her and her man's initials inscribed on a heart but she used a plus sign.... A+B. I have one of those name plaque necklaces my mom got me back in the 80s! I never liked it much and then I saw Carrie on Sex and the City had one so I suddenly liked mine. I'm back to not liking it. 

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

She looks 45.  Not snarking on 45 year olds, as I'm looking at 45 in the rear-view mirror and wish I still looked 45.

I know Jill is only a year older than Jessa but she looks much younger and lighter, especially lately. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

What happens to the 5th kid (that we all know she’ll have)?  They’ll be no room at the inn on the necklace for him/her?

Reminds me of a necklace my father gave me that had my 2 (at the time) daughters’ birthstones on it. I wore it for awhile but when I got pregnant with my 3rd, I didn’t think it was fair and never wore it again. 

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

What happens to the 5th kid (that we all know she’ll have)?  They’ll be no room at the inn on the necklace for him/her?

Reminds me of a necklace my father gave me that had my 2 (at the time) daughters’ birthstones on it. I wore it for awhile but when I got pregnant with my 3rd, I didn’t think it was fair and never wore it again. 

Don’t worry, it’s pretty obvious she plays favorites.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Don’t worry, it’s pretty obvious she plays favorites.

Her mother did, so she will, too. If MOTY does it, then it must be what all the best mother's do.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And if reversed it takes on a whole new meaning. 😁

Didn't she have a framed BJ on the wall shortly after they married? Didn't last long once the boards noticed and mocked, iirc.

I'm not sure if that or Jim Bob going on about wanting a big D when he saw the giant V at the Vuolo wedding is my favorite unintentional filth.

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I turned 52 yesterday and I look younger than she does in that picture! YIKES!

• Love 8
20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Now I want a necklace to honor jambalaya. One of my favorite dishes, 

It would not surprise me if there is not at least one jewelry designer with a necklace dedicated to New Orleans food.  I can totally see a holy trinity necklace.  I say this as someone who has a pair of pierogi earrings.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I thought it said "Imperishable." 

21 hours ago, thehorseofpower said:

Lordy...there is no good way to pair their initials. 😂

Maybe they should have taken that as a sign....😁

• LOL 7
16 hours ago, MrsClaus said:

That closeup of Jessa is doing her no favors.  She looks rough.

Is it a screen shot? 

I've always wondered how they created software that can unerringly capture from a video absolutely the worst still shot of anyone and freeze that one to post, and no other, every....single...time. 

Not that Jessa probably doesn't look rough these days. But if it is a screenshot, you can be the most gorgeous person on Earth and you'll still look like hell. So...if you already look like the cat dragged you in....yikes....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

I feel like she should get checked for anemia. She has a history of losing blood during delivery, and thus losing iron, but paleness could be related to anemia. When I was in my early 30s I was pale and was diagnosed with anemia.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, lascuba said:

Didn't she have a framed BJ on the wall shortly after they married? Didn't last long once the boards noticed and mocked, iirc.

I'm not sure if that or Jim Bob going on about wanting a big D when he saw the giant V at the Vuolo wedding is my favorite unintentional filth.

Replying in Small Talk

19 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And, as always with a Seewald child, she's using a kitchen utensil to play with it! 

My kids did this when they were in the dirt-playing stage. The drawers are at their level and plastic kid's shovels from the Dollar Store were too flimsy. I couldn't buy metal shovels b/c they might have put out an eye or something. Looking back I'm not sure why I just didn't go to Goodwill and pick up some serving spoons for them.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Her mother did, so she will, too. If MOTY does it, then it must be what all the best mother's do.

Moty’s Favorite: Moty

I’m laughing that someone, somewhere, had to explain to Jessa what a BJ was.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Nysha said:

My kids did this when they were in the dirt-playing stage. The drawers are at their level and plastic kid's shovels from the Dollar Store were too flimsy. I couldn't buy metal shovels b/c they might have put out an eye or something. Looking back I'm not sure why I just didn't go to Goodwill and pick up some serving spoons for them.

Dollar Tree works for it, too.  I bought a bunch of measuring spoons, measuring cups, and plastic utensils for my kids and then the grandkids.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And, as always with a Seewald child, she's using a kitchen utensil to play with it! 

exactly, I think the kids are bored stiff in that tiny house with nothing to do but play with the same toys, books etc day after day.

Is Spurgeon going to school yet?

whenever she includes Spurg in one of her videos he always tries to look enthusiastic but his eyes look vacant and bored.

Henry usually looks confused and tired.

I'd really love to know why she's so determined to live in that little house rather than move into a larger house with a basement or somewhere the kids could have room to play.

I suspect it's all about looking frugal and making due in order to look more godly and not materialistic but jeez you've got 3 kids with number 4 on the way and you're living in a 2 bedroom house, with mattresses on the floor, no family room, no dining room no basement and just a small living room for toys and activities.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Yeah, I agree that kitchen-utensil play is quite common and there's nothing wrong with it! I've seen, participated in, abetted and caused play with all kinds of elderly utensils from my family's kitchens and my own....And from the Goodwill. Used to have one of those across the street. It was great. 

What strikes me about Jessa's kids, though, is that they always seem to me to be playing with some new, expensive-looking item....And I hark back to the massive bridal registry full of expensive cooking stuff that, as I recall or hallucinate it, we wondered how or why Jessa would want or need! 

This might be an old wornout spoon and I'm just projecting! -- If it's an expensive spoon that somebody bought them and they just don't use, though .....Boo!!!!

And also that they often seem to play with utensils where utensils aren't that appropriate -- like the apparently stainless steel pots and bowls that I've seen Henry and Spurge sitting in and standing in and so on.... Don't sit or stand in my still-shiny Revere ware or the like! I don't care that it's come down two generations already and is looking at a third. It's good expensive stuff and it's not a toy! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
51 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, it’s not like Jessa will be using the utensil to, you know, cook or anything... 🤷🏼‍♀️

• LOL 20
  • Love 2

but Henry got that garden trowel/beach toy for his bday. Ivy should have demanded he share it. That seems to be how it works -the boys have something and are made to share it while Jessa films

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

I'd really love to know why she's so determined to live in that little house rather than move into a larger house with a basement or somewhere the kids could have room to play.

I suspect it's all about looking frugal and making due in order to look more godly and not materialistic but jeez you've got 3 kids with number 4 on the way and you're living in a 2 bedroom house, with mattresses on the floor, no family room, no dining room no basement and just a small living room for toys and activities.

Maybe they can't afford to move?  Maybe JB give the kids a house or funds for a house when they get married, but they're on their own after that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

At least Jessa doesn't need to supply a school room or spend time homeschooling.  She just sends them off to The Big House with hubby, the Duggar indentured servant.  If Jessa is smart, she will stop having babies--in a few years she can send the whole crew off for the day~

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Maybe they can't afford to move?  Maybe JB give the kids a house or funds for a house when they get married, but they're on their own after that?

well they outright own the house with a decent amount of property. they could sell and move. they could have bought that house justin sold and had more space.

jason is supposedly a builder (though not a licensed contractor in AR) he has a bunch of lots he and  his LLc own.

Josiah's llc  holds the the Duggar license for remodeling and such, surely he could hire the howler crew to add on.

Jessa is going to cling to "I love my small house" with kids crammed in and a queen sized "guest" lower bunk, claiming it is less cleaning.

but why that big slide in the living room is not outside is beyond me...

• Love 4
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That looks beyond staged. I wonder whether the kids get any sense that the things they are photographed for are either positive or negative. They seem to get more attention for stuff like this than otherwise, yet I suppose that they often also get punished for the same things at some point that they get photographed for at other times. Poor things probably don't know whether they are coming or going most of the time.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

That looks beyond staged. I wonder whether the kids get any sense that the things they are photographed for are either positive or negative. They seem to get more attention for stuff like this than otherwise, yet I suppose that they often also get punished for the same things at some point that they get photographed for at other times. Poor things probably don't know whether they are coming or going most of the time.

Oh, I didn't even think about the possibility that Jessa staged this. I wouldn't put it past her. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

well they outright own the house with a decent amount of property. they could sell and move. they could have bought that house justin sold and had more space.

jason is supposedly a builder (though not a licensed contractor in AR) he has a bunch of lots he and  his LLc own.

Josiah's llc  holds the the Duggar license for remodeling and such, surely he could hire the howler crew to add on.

Jessa is going to cling to "I love my small house" with kids crammed in and a queen sized "guest" lower bunk, claiming it is less cleaning.

but why that big slide in the living room is not outside is beyond me...

Even if they sell, they may not have enough funds to buy a bigger house. And they may not have enough money to build an addition even if they hire a Duggar crew. 

Jessa may say she likes a smaller house just to save face. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Madtown said:

I turned 52 yesterday and I look younger than she does in that picture! YIKES!

Jessa simply looks bad in that photo. The thing is that she could take another one, but she's just too damn lazy. This is her JOB and she just puts in the least imaginable amount of effort. She takes a photo with the necklace and slaps it on SM. There's no effort made to take a good photo -- choose clothes, apply makeup, comb her damn hair, choose a location and appropriate lighting -- nothing.

They all do this. I certainly wouldn't want them to promote my product (for many reasons), but if I did, I wouldn't ask a second time after I saw the results of the fist effort.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

I'd really love to know why she's so determined to live in that little house rather than move into a larger house with a basement or somewhere the kids could have room to play

Funny, basements actually aren’t a thing in the South. I know that’s true in Texas and was for my grandparents when they lived in Arkansas!

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Must be taking a page from Joy's posting book. I think several of his photographed messes were also staged.

• Love 1

I had noticed Jessa didn't look great in the photo and thought maybe she's going through a rough patch in her pregnancy, which may be true.  Then I realized the color of her hair seemed very off.   I don't understand the technical details, but when I look at the picture it seems that most of the red/pink type tones are missing.   I wonder if the picture was color corrected if it might impact the way we all perceive the way she looks?   The hair color definitely reads late 40s, early 50s to me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I had noticed Jessa didn't look great in the photo and thought maybe she's going through a rough patch in her pregnancy, which may be true.  Then I realized the color of her hair seemed very off.   I don't understand the technical details, but when I look at the picture it seems that most of the red/pink type tones are missing.   I wonder if the picture was color corrected if it might impact the way we all perceive the way she looks?   The hair color definitely reads late 40s, early 50s to me.

She's using an Instagram filter.  She would have been better off actually putting on makeup instead of relying on a filter.  Filters are supposed to enhance your image or distort it, not make you look worse.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5