Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

It looks like Ivy's outfit is too small for her though.

I noticed that too,  but I know babies are constantly growing.   That sleeper either fit her last week or a Seewald bought it for her so Jessa made sure to pack it.   

• Love 7

A huge pet peeve of mine is when babies are taken outdoors without anything on their feet when it's not summer. Please put something on that baby's feet! 

Edited by Tasya
  • Love 13
46 minutes ago, Tasya said:

A huge pet peeve of mine is when babies are taken outdoors without anything on their feet when it's not summer. Please put something on that baby's feet! 

In their defense, they’ve had unseasonably warm temps this Fall.  There were several 70 degree days.

On 11/11/2019 at 6:38 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Sierra found time to put away her sick baby and comment on the Seewald's post. Do they even know one another? 

Yes, I’ve seen pics on IG of them eating out together.

• Love 8

Took a look at Senior Seewald’s Instagram and noticed a bunch of pictures from their trip to UK (gifted to them from Benessa) Lots of Protestant martyrs locations so it seems like a group tour put together just for that.  

Seems like Benessa is either spending more time with his family or just needed free babysitting.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Tasya said:

Or she's like my younger twin. Anything on her feet, she yanked off as soon as she was able to figure out how to do so. Socks, shoes. Anything. Put her in footie pajamas, and it was hilarious watching her try and get them off her feet. Ivy may be one of those kids. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

In their defense, they’ve had unseasonably warm temps this Fall.  There were several 70 degree days.

Yes, I’ve seen pics on IG of them eating out together.

I don't mean Jessa. We know she is acquainted with Sierra. I mean Guinn.

• Love 4

Ivy is adorable just like her brothers, and I do believe Blessa love their kids.

However, Ben would bore me to tears as a husband, so I don’t know what Jessa ever saw in him. He seems more than a little dumb, and Jessa is not. I know many feel sympathy for Ben because he let his lust for a hot girl trap him in an early marriage and a growing family, but I feel more sympathy for Jessa who has to deal with his mumbling. I’ve yet to see Ben speak with any conviction, clarity, or passion. He just mumbles some nonsense. I guess Jessa wanted a man she could control, and she sure got her wish. The downside is that Ben rarely seems to care about anything. He just takes up space and brings home a bit of money. What else does he do? He can’t even build a deck off their bedroom. Jessa has to call in her brothers for that.

I know we joke about all the toilets Ben cleans because of that one episode in which we saw him clean one toilet for JimBob. But, maybe Ben only does janitor work because he lacks the brain power to do much else. My only sympathy for Ben is that he has JimBob for a father in law.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jessa was just posting pictures showing of the nice clothes a company sent her and she decides to wear a mustard sack to the shoot. Her MIL and SIL all wore pants. 

These photos are Jill-level horrible.

• Love 7

It has nothing to do with the quality of the pictures; but Jessa has never looked as much like Jill as she does in those photos by herself. I usually don't see that much resemblance between the sisters, but she look exactly like Jill in some of those photos, particularly the fourth photo. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Fallacy said:

Ivy is adorable just like her brothers, and I do believe Blessa love their kids.

However, Ben would bore me to tears as a husband, so I don’t know what Jessa ever saw in him. He seems more than a little dumb, and Jessa is not. I know many feel sympathy for Ben because he let his lust for a hot girl trap him in an early marriage and a growing family, but I feel more sympathy for Jessa who has to deal with his mumbling. I’ve yet to see Ben speak with any conviction, clarity, or passion. He just mumbles some nonsense. I guess Jessa wanted a man she could control, and she sure got her wish. The downside is that Ben rarely seems to care about anything. He just takes up space and brings home a bit of money. What else does he do? He can’t even build a deck off their bedroom. Jessa has to call in her brothers for that.

I know we joke about all the toilets Ben cleans because of that one episode in which we saw him clean one toilet for JimBob. But, maybe Ben only does janitor work because he lacks the brain power to do much else. My only sympathy for Ben is that he has JimBob for a father in law.

I suspect they both have a pretty sizable bit of buyer's remorse. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, Temperance said:

It has nothing to do with the quality of the pictures; but Jessa has never looked as much like Jill as she does in those photos by herself. I usually don't see that much resemblance between the sisters, but she look exactly like Jill in some of those photos, particularly the fourth photo. 

I agree with you that she looks like Jill in those photos, but I stand by the statement that they're Jill-level awful, too. The clothes are ugly and unflattering. They are in unflattering colors and don't fir her properly. Also, the composition of the photos is bad

• Love 7

I think she looks a lot like Jill too.  I also think she's proud of losing the baby weight and good for her on that score!  She looks good.  

As for Ben's post, it sounds very sweet.  I still have a picture in my mind of how excited my kids would be when Daddy came home and how it felt to me to see their sweet faces after I'd been away all day.  Family really is something for which to be thankful.  That said, I'm not a Duggar apologist!  It's just that sometimes some of them get it right.  Jessa and Ben really do love their kids.  

• Love 17

I also wonder what work Ben does. We have snarky fun saying that he cleans toilets for JB, but I wonder if he has some kind of legit work that isn't part of Duggar Enterprises. Jessa's good about keeping things on the downlow and Ben's followed her lead. Ben may be working for a person or business that doesn't want to be identified with the Duggar circus, and so he's being appropriately discreet about it.

Even as a private non-famous person I have never posted on my SM feeds, the name of the company where I've performed, to date, five temporary assignments. It's not relevant to my social life. And IMO it's just common sense and professional discretion, not to blab on SM and elsewhere about your clients, unless you're posting something with the client's participation and approval.

• Love 12

Baby Ivy looks like Jinger in the picture of just her.  And, we really don't know what their lives are like without cameras staging events.  They could be happy enough, one of them miserable, both, or some combination.  Sometimes relationships seem awful to us, and what we wouldn't want but works for the couples.  Talking about Jessa and Ben here. Example.  Have a sister in law who is a dynamo.  Needs to be in charge.  She married a very meek man who has no problem with that. She is the major breadwinner. She calls the shots.  He goes along with some other jobs.  They are married a long time, have two grown very nice daughters, came to visit, obvious their roles in the marriage work for them.  And they are not on camera.  I still think most of what we see about them is not real.  Scripted reality.  And maybe Ben does do janitorial work for Jim Bob (not that there's anything wrong with that) and maybe he doesn't.  We have no real evidence except the staged one toilet which I am still not convinced Ben was able to take from that mess to perfect all by himself.  "Take 1, Take 2, etc." until it is TLC camera worthy.  I am not a Duggar fan.  I think their beliefs are just awful, and dangerous.  But sometimes what they present on  teevee isn't the whole or real picture.  Except the beliefs.

• Love 15

If you notice in the latest Counting On episode, Ben was the only son-in-law who decided to attend the camping trip. Of course Derick is off the show and Jeremy's in LA, but what's Austin (and Joy's) excuse? I would think they would have loved the events. 

Methinks the other SILs have taken "leave and cleave" to heart but not Ben as much.

• Love 7
Just now, madpsych78 said:

If you notice in the latest Counting On episode, Ben was the only son-in-law who decided to attend the camping trip. Of course Derick is off the show and Jeremy's in LA, but what's Austin (and Joy's) excuse? I would think they would have loved the events. 

Methinks the other SILs have taken "leave and cleave" to heart but not Ben as much.

And, then, there's Jessa's well-known love of being on camera, and Ben has been very willing to appear on the show. He may do it these days more because Jessa wants it than on his own behalf, but he does show up.

I don't know how the dates of the filming related to Joy's pregnancy. She might not have felt up to it, or Austin may have been unwilling or otherwise busy with his own business at the time.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Let's not overlook that JB's headship is in perpetuity because ... well it is because he wants it that way.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

And, then, there's Jessa's well-known love of being on camera, and Ben has been very willing to appear on the show. He may do it these days more because Jessa wants it than on his own behalf, but he does show up.

I don't know how the dates of the filming related to Joy's pregnancy. She might not have felt up to it, or Austin may have been unwilling or otherwise busy with his own business at the time.

Austin & Joy were also missing from the stupid date night first episode.

Maybe Austin just doesn't enjoy the large Duggar clan. I don't blame him. 

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Austin & Joy were also missing from the stupid date night first episode.

Maybe Austin just doesn't enjoy the large Duggar clan. I don't blame him. 

I think he just isn't into being on a reality TV show. He always seems so uncomfortable with it. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think he just isn't into being on a reality TV show. He always seems so uncomfortable with it. 

Agreed. They are regular fixtures at Monday Family Night (so are the Smuggars), so it must be the cameras.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Agreed. They are regular fixtures at Monday Family Night (so are the Smuggars), so it must be the cameras.

I misread this as Monday Night Football and was both intrigued and confused. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

• LOL 11
On 11/14/2019 at 9:24 AM, madpsych78 said:

We don't know what Bin does for a living, but it seems pretty clear he hasn't yet got that pastoral thing that he seemed to really want at one time.

Meanwhile, though, Austin has a career he's developed over a fair amount of time and that looks to be something that more or less engages him. And Der and Jer are in school and can at least believe for now that they're on the way to something they feel is significant and suits their interests. 

I wonder whether Bin has just been unable to get into any kind of real groove with his working life, may feel a little down or even empty over that, and has opted to center his interests on his family and move forward that way -- since it's what he has and since he clearly does love and like his kids.

Seems like maybe that's what Mike Seewald did in his life, too? So it came naturally to Bin? .... And married to Jessa, you'd then spend a lot of time in the middle of the larger Duggar clan -- since she seems more of a TTH denizen than any of the other married daughters? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
On 11/14/2019 at 11:32 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Eh, I think Jessa is incredibly boring, too. She has never shown interest in anything outside her bubble. Even Jill had “midwifery “ and Jinger had photography. Bin at least shows interest in school and music. I don’t think Jessa is particularly smart, either.

Agreed. Jessa seems to be the one among the older girls who's never expressed an interest in anything other than her own kids (she's still got that) and her looks (not so much any more).....But i guess that's often true with the "hot girl" in whatever crowd it is, isn't it? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, Madtown said:

Because Saturday is different from any other day, how?

Jessa's ridiculous habit of saying things she figures are relatable to the general public even though they're not at all relatable to her. Next up, some small lament about Monday Morning. 

I wonder what she really thinks when she posts that stuff. Does she just copy it from other people's social media without even thinking about why others post such things? Or is it more conscious than that? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

Maybe it's because I just ate, but that picture of the boys playing with the wooden track (& past pics) has me feeling like those boys are stuffed into tight fitting clothing. Like I can imagine the imprints of their jeans on their waists and chubby little legs.

I had to stop typing for a sec to unbutton my own jeans - ate too much.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2