Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Since Ben's mom wears jeans, I'm guessing Jessa sticks to dresses and skirts because she likes them or out of respect for her parents. I doubt Ben cares.

Jessa is 100% glued to the TTH and, as far as we know, Ben is still "working" for JB and they are still completely reliant on him. Jill and Jinger have some tiny bit of independence from their parents -- I think that's the difference.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

Jessa is 100% glued to the TTH and, as far as we know, Ben is still "working" for JB and they are still completely reliant on him. Jill and Jinger have some tiny bit of independence from their parents -- I think that's the difference.

I hate to say it but the Duggar sisters have the body types that don't look that great in pants. I'm glad Jill and Jinger wear what they want, and if they feel more comfortable in pants that's great. However all of them seem to have inherited Michelle's body shape which is extremely long in the torso/waist, a bit heavy around the midsection, with short legs. There's nothing wrong with this body type -- Duchess Catherine/Kate also has a very long torso. As do I. And I wear pants most of the time because it's NY and freezing/raining for much of the year. But I know that my proportions look better in skirts and dresses, and so it goes with the Duggar sisters.

So ... one could almost say that God "designed" them to wear skirts? 

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Video:

I am confused by "And then a movie 🍿😍 We talked and reminisced, shared favorite memories and highlights."

They shared favorite memories and reminiscenced about the highlights of the movie they literally just watched? If that's what she means, I get what she is talking about, but that phrasing makes it sound like the lizard people didn't properly program her before sending her to earth. 

Or did they talk and reminiscence about their 5 years of marriage? What's on the highlight reel? Ben scrubbing his father-in-law's toilets? Jessa's mound of dirty diapers? 

• LOL 23
7 hours ago, Zella said:

I am confused by "And then a movie 🍿😍 We talked and reminisced, shared favorite memories and highlights."

They shared favorite memories and reminiscenced about the highlights of the movie they literally just watched? If that's what she means, I get what she is talking about, but that phrasing makes it sound like the lizard people didn't properly program her before sending her to earth. 

Or did they talk and reminiscence about their 5 years of marriage? What's on the highlight reel? Ben scrubbing his father-in-law's toilets? Jessa's mound of dirty diapers? 

I believe you may have explained the entire Duggar phenomenon! 

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

"A half-decade of marriage'??? Really, now, it's their 5th anniversary. Stop trying to make it more than it is, Jessa. I believe these two are bored with their lives and each other despite having 3 children to care for. Reminise? It's only been 5 years. What did they reminisce about?

Mother is bleeding 🤣

• LOL 20
19 hours ago, Temperance said:

People should be able to wear whatever they want. There is no reason pants can't be flattering to anyone-- you just have to find the right cut.  

Proven by Clinton and Stacy on What Not to Wear for years on end.

Maybe Jer is angling to host one of those makeover shows next.

• Love 4

Oy vey, if Ben had only waited. He could be married to a very pretty educated woman. He could be enjoying trips, mainstream movies and video games. He could be saving up for a house and waiting to have kids. 

Instead he's a father of three obeying his two headships.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

OMG! They're touching. She basically has her boobs touching his neck and shoulders. Scandalous!

Are you kidding, she's GRINDING HER VULVA INTO HIS BACK!

FWIW Jessa dis cop to her and Bin having private conversations before they married. But I doubt they did that...

• LOL 12
On 11/2/2019 at 7:53 AM, floridamom said:

My son had a speech delay. Our local public school system took him at his 3rd birthday. They gave him speech therapy and he was the youngest student in the elementary school..just turned 3. He was in the pre-K class 3 days a week. Those speech lessons did him a world of good and he began speaking properly ever since. NO CHARGE for any of this. I have been grateful to the school system ever since. Jessa should check in to this.

The Early Intervention programs are outstanding. One of my children was in EIP for occupational therapy and for exercises to improve fine motor skills. If it weren't for EIP, I doubt my child would have been ready for kindergarten. If Jessa has concerns about Henry's development and he ends up in EIP, I would applaud her for being proactive.

https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/parents/states.html

• Love 2

Did Ben's parents come out of the fundie culture ? I saw his mom in pants...I thought they had the same beliefs as the Duggers's which is how Ben met Jessa..but it seems they have moved away from that???

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

Did Ben's parents come out of the fundie culture ? I saw his mom in pants...I thought they had the same beliefs as the Duggers's which is how Ben met Jessa..but it seems they have moved away from that???

Theres's a big variety in fundie cultures. The Duggars are not normal -- many fundie women wear pants, have short hair, hold a 9-5 job, have reasonable family sizes, read books, watch movies, send their kids to actual schools, and eat healthy meals. I really hate how the Duggars have made it seem like their habits are the fundie norms.

I think the Seewalds are fundie, but Ben's mom just isn't Michelle Duggar.

• Useful 6
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Dimi1 said:

The main connection we've heard of them, I think, is (the now defunct) Vision Forum.

And that's a quite different brand of conservative Protestantism stylewise.....They aimed to look spiffy, and come across as intellectual, and dominate by impressing others in society......

However, when it came to beliefs, many of theirs were quite similar -- even identical in some ways -- to the Gothard-cult type (except that Vision Forum was Calvinist). Women weren't supposed to have political opinions that differed from their headships' or work outside the home, just as in Gothardom, for example. However, they dressed and talked and comported themselves in ways that made them look much more like regular upper-middle-class folk who didn't have those extreme beliefs. And that's the part that's unlike the Duggars. 

Plus, now the Seewalds seem to show signs of moving a bit away from the whole super-conservative-Christian show.....Although, again, it's hard to tell how much is just in style and how much is in actual beliefs. 

Can't always tell a book by its cover. It's really a mistake to conclude too much about people's theologies and philosophies from the clothing they wear, I think. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The main connection we've heard of them, I think, is (the now defunct) Vision Forum.

And that's a quite different brand of conservative Protestantism stylewise.....They aimed to look spiffy, and come across as intellectual, and dominate by impressing others in society......

However, when it came to beliefs, many of theirs were quite similar -- even identical in some ways -- to the Gothard-cult type (except that Vision Forum was Calvinist). Women weren't supposed to have political opinions that differed from their headships' or work outside the home, just as in Gothardom, for example. However, they dressed and talked and comported themselves in ways that made them look much more like regular upper-middle-class folk who didn't have those extreme beliefs. And that's the part that's unlike the Duggars. 

Plus, now the Seewalds seem to show signs of moving a bit away from the whole super-conservative-Christian show.....Although, again, it's hard to tell how much is just in style and how much is in actual beliefs. 

Can't always tell a book by its cover. It's really a mistake to conclude too much about people's theologies and philosophies from the clothing they wear, I think. 

Yet the daughters both have jobs, one being a cop. So it would seem at least the kids are less conservative. Well, except Ben.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yet the daughters both have jobs, one being a cop. So it would seem at least the kids are less conservative. Well, except Ben.

Yeah. The Seewalds definitely may have changed -- maybe even a lot. For one thing, VIsion Forum died all the way back in 2013-2014, so they haven't had that direct influence for ages. They may have begun thinking for themselves more! 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

Ivy is a real cutie pie ! Ben and Jessa DO make lovely children.

And the kids seem to have a relatively normal life. I feel of all the kids, these blessings are the happiest.

They do make cute kids.

I'm not sure on the relatively normal lives though. No nursery school or mom & me groups. The kids only associate with their cousins. They recite Christian songs and Biblical passages, but probably don't know who Big Bird is. And they have a camera crew in their home, here and there. They also will probably not ever step foot in a classroom or do sports, dance or any other activities.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not sure on the relatively normal lives though. No nursery school or mom & me groups. The kids only associate with their cousins. 

This is something that has rubbed me the wrong way in some of the Duggars', Bates' and Waller's posts: they often proclaim their kids are "best friends." Sometimes it's siblings, sometimes it's cousins. I always think, what other kids do they spend any time with? What choice do they have?  

It's like a message to the kids themselves - these are your friends; don't be looking to anyone else. Until you're engaged - and then that person is your BFF (even though you barely know them). 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Theres's a big variety in fundie cultures. The Duggars are not normal -- many fundie women wear pants, have short hair, hold a 9-5 job, have reasonable family sizes, read books, watch movies, send their kids to actual schools, and eat healthy meals. I really hate how the Duggars have made it seem like their habits are the fundie norms.

I think the Seewalds are fundie, but Ben's mom just isn't Michelle Duggar.

I agree there's a big variety in fundie cultures. Yet all fundies are dangerous, because by definition they hold extreme religious beliefs. If they didn't, they wouldn't be fundies.

Ben's parents homeschooled. They also seemed more fundie when Ben and Jessa married. Jessica (Ben's cop sister) seems to have rebelled getting a job and moving out (and in with her then boyfriend, now husband). Ben's parents seem less concerned with the touching rules although I'm sure if they could they would counsel their children to wait for sex until marriage.  Ben's sister  Michelle is 17 and since her parents clearly believe in young marriage, they will probably encourage her to marry this boyfriend sooner than later.

Lots of fundies wear pants. The Bontrager girls grew up wearing pants, because they live on a farm and it's practical. The Bontragers are as fundie as the Duggars in all other respects. 

Ben and Jessa have 3 kids after 5 years. I've known two fundie couples who had three kids and were already expecting #4 on their fifth anniversary.  (Yes it's possible, but unlikely that Jessa is expecting again. Ivy is less than 6 months old).

@OpieTaylor (great username!) Bill Gothard wanted siblings to be best friends.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

There's also a big variety in "homeschooled." I don;'t LIKE what Derick and Ben write on twitter or Instagram because I don't agree with their harsh rigid views on social issues. However I can't deny that both of them seem to be able to form complete sentences. Then if you compare it to Jill's "Yay!" and Jessa's potted talking points, you realize how behind the curve the Duggars are in terms of education. 

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Spurgie's b-day (10 pics) also means it's JinJer's anniversary. Can't wait for their schlock later on.

What a lovely child!  It is sad that the cult will limit  him the older he gets.  I hate to think of that light in him being dimmed.

• Love 19
On 10/27/2019 at 12:40 PM, Heathen said:

A caricaturist would have an easy time drawing Kim Kardashian West. She's a walking, talking, attention-whoring caricature. 

Back on topic: I'm imagining the male Duggar and Duggar-adjacents' reactions if they saw that costume. They might need to seek medical attention. 

I see no lies here.  But, Kim has done more work in her life than any of the Duggar kids and even worked normal(ish) jobs back in the day before she the infamous tape.

I'd just love to see Jim Bob and Michelle meeting Kim K in person and their reactions caught on film.  I'd love to see any of the Duggar kids meeting her, but I bet Michelle would struggle to maintain her frozen "keep sweet" face if she unexpectedly got to meet Kim K on camera. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

That is one gorgeous little boy! 
why does he have a frog in the house?

At least it looks like they like animals, and won't try and run one over with a sled! 

He is a lovely child.  I wish I could rename him.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

That could all be Ben’s influence. 
I think we have so few pictures of Jessa lately since she is probably still working off the baby weight and doesn’t want to be photographed not looking “hot”. 

I think that ship has sailed.

11 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

At least it looks like they like animals, and won't try and run one over with a sled! 

He is a lovely child.  I wish I could rename him.

May I suggest Damian? 😆

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 11/1/2019 at 9:21 PM, farmgal4 said:

If this has already been covered, I apologize in advance...

Ben and Jessa gifted Ben’s parents a trip to Scotland and England for their anniversary.  That couldn’t have been cheap.  How’d they afford to do that?

If you compare how the Seewald family live their lives as compared to the Vuolos, I can understand how they can give a generous gift. Now show-off designer clothing and eating out daily. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5