Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, lascuba said:

iT's nAtuRaL!

Animals eat their placentas!  It's supposed to replenish them from all the nutrition they lost to the fetus.

I had my last two kids in a hospital with nurse midwives.  But my first was a planned homebirth with a lay midwife, at her home, which was close to the hospital.

During my prenatal care with the lay midwives, it was really stressed to me to eat alfalfa sprouts or raw cabbage daily for the high vitamin K content.  Vitamin K helps with clotting.  I ate those foods daily and was told I bled very little.

I still like to munch on a plate of cut up cabbage!

I'm not saying Jessa's hemmoraghing was caused by diet.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Animals eat their placentas!  It's supposed to replenish them from all the nutrition they lost to the fetus.

Animals also eat the placenta to keep it from attracting predators. I'd try it if I were her*--might keep Josh away. 

*no I wouldn't 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Annabel11 said:

I was surprised no skin to skin right away and breastfeeding which produces oxytocin to help contract the uterus to prevent hemorrhage. Maybe because of the cameras?

I'm thinking it had more to do with the concern of bleeding. And of course the obligatory pass-the-newborn-around the Duugars do every time. The Duggar women breastfeed on camera all the time.

It's one thing when you're in the hospital where you can lay the baby with mom while considering a treatment options. It's another when calling 911 is the only option.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Annabel11 said:

I was surprised no skin to skin right away and breastfeeding which produces oxytocin to help contract the uterus to prevent hemorrhage. Maybe because of the cameras?

I remember a moment where it looked like they were unbuttoning or lifting her to dress (Jill was blocking the view) and I assumed it was for skin-to-skin. I could be completely misremembering though. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Oh DEAR GOD...like having just shoved a human out of your nethers and bleeding profusely isn’t enough fun and games???? “Here, chew this bloody piece of your own body part, that’ll fix it right up!!!

Who makes up this shit and why do they hate women????

I had this ongoing joke with my ex wife about eating placentas...we were both super grossed out by the concept. When our son was born, the OB asked if they could take the placenta to pathology because he was unexpectedly HUGE, and they wanted to study it and make sure they didn't miss diabetes or anything similar I guess...and I told the OB, "Well, actually, <exwife> was going to eat it" and everyone just STARED for a second before I burst out laughing and assured them it was a joke. 

• LOL 13
4 hours ago, Annabel11 said:

It's hard to lay the newborn right on the mother's skin when you're wearing a long dress! 

I'll never forget Jessa "walking the baby out" during her labor with Surgeon.  She was wearing this tight, slinky polyester purple dress.

I would have ripped that thing right off; I got so hot during labor!

• LOL 8
(edited)
23 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

It would make my decade if Henry turned out to be trans or fluid.

Please don’t wish that, seriously.  The poor kid would have to endure a lifetime of torture.  They would try to beat it out of him, send him to the “rehab” Smuggar went to, send him to the Alert camp (or whatever it’s called) and if all else failed, an exorcism would be performed.  He would be forced to marry someone he didn’t love (and it wouldn’t matter who as long as it was a “she”) and have a passel of kids with her.  All the while, he would be miserable and wishing for the life he could’ve and should’ve had, if only he weren’t a Duggar.  It makes me want to cry just thinking about it. 😥

Edited by farmgal4
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Please don’t wish that, seriously.  The poor kid would have to endure a lifetime of torture.  They would try to beat it out of him, send him to the “rehab” Smuggar went to, send him to the Alert camp (or whatever it’s called) and if all else failed, an exorcism would be performed.  He would be forced to marry someone he didn’t love (and it wouldn’t matter who as long as it was a “she”) and have a passel of kids with her.  All the while, he would be miserable and wishing for the life he could’ve and should’ve had, if only he weren’t a Duggar.  It makes me want to cry just thinking about it. 😥

Well, crap. You’re right. I guess I was thinking that he’s such a beautiful sweet kid and Benessa (at least in public) seem slightly less caught up in all that garbage and with another decade of social evolution....?

Sigh. Go on, Henry, be a good little brainwashed drone, get a crappy education, read one book ever, get married at 16 and start churning out babies for Jesus.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Oh DEAR GOD...like having just shoved a human out of your nethers and bleeding profusely isn’t enough fun and games???? “Here, chew this bloody piece of your own body part, that’ll fix it right up!!!

Who makes up this shit and why do they hate women????

I’m going to make an educated guess that it was women. The placenta-processing-to-ingest was quite a thing with granola/homebirth/all natural types for awhile, and maybe still is - especially sending one’s placenta to be dehydrated/processed into capsules to ingest over a few weeks postpartum. I’m recalling placenta smoothie and maybe cookie recipes for “fresher” ingestion. 🤢

*While I have some homebirthing friends on FB, I don’t *think* I know of any of them having done the placenta thing... Though one or two of them wouldn’t surprise me. Sigh. We’re talking college-educated women, some of whom have post-grad degrees in normal, secular subjects from accredited universities. It’s a thing. Just...a gross thing. And apparently the less-gross encapsulation is actually maybe the medically risky way, in terms of bacterial contamination?

• Love 2

I used to encapsulate placentas as a business. And yes I have food safety certification and followed all health codes. Almost all of my clients were hospital births, with a huge range, including planned c sections, twins, medicated, non medicated, OB care, midwifery care. Sometimes homebirths. You really can’t paint everyone with the same brush or make assumptions about people based on a couple things they choose. Few people fit into every stereotypical category. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, awaken said:

I used to encapsulate placentas as a business. And yes I have food safety certification and followed all health codes. Almost all of my clients were hospital births, with a huge range, including planned c sections, twins, medicated, non medicated, OB care, midwifery care. Sometimes homebirths. You really can’t paint everyone with the same brush or make assumptions about people based on a couple things they choose. Few people fit into every stereotypical category. 

Interesting! (Your experience.) Your range of clientele doesn’t surprise me - my sense from various FB links had me figuring it was bordering on mainstream, at least for awhile there. I clearly inherently think it’s gross*, but always thought that, were I ever to be pregnant after all and thus had reason to really wade into research about it, I could do the encapsulation method. I was relieved to see it was a thing at all! I don’t think I’d get or keep the alternatives down, and doubt I’d find *any* evidence compelling enough to try!

*(Nothing personal - not much about pregnancy or birth really appeals to me, and I find fecal transplants gross as well despite being a big advocate for their thankfully gaining ground in cdiff treatment. My uncle’s even had one. 😊 I was on his potential-donor list. But I suspect I’d need sedation to have one via tube, while I could handle the encapsulated method of that, too - and I’d be pushing for one before vanc after a single failed course of flagyl.)

• Love 1

Apologies  if this is the wrong thread..I was reading about baby seewald  #3 and was linked to this Duggar  next-generation account:   "Joy-Anna and her family came to fame on the TLC series 19 Kids & Counting and now star on Counting On. Her brother Josh Duggar is expecting his sixth child with Anna Duggar, her sister Jessa Duggar is expecting her third with Ben Seewald, and her brother Joseph Duggar is expecting his second with Kendra Duggar"

• Love 1

Jinger had the 1st Duggar-daughter girl. Felicity had the spotlight for nearly a year. Little Ivy is now going to be one of 4 (maybe 5) girls born within months of each other.

Jessa's at home saying, that's now how it's supposed to work Ben! That's now how it's supposed to work!

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jinger had the 1st Duggar-daughter girl. Felicity had the spotlight for nearly a year. Little Ivy is now going to be one of 4 (maybe 5) girls born within months of each other.

Jessa's at home saying, that's now how it's supposed to work Ben! That's now how it's supposed to work!

Good 🙂

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Sorry if this has been addressed already but why did she give birth on the sofa? Is there a reason that she was not in her bed? Just seems gross on a dirty sofa in the living room of all places.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Gosh - I didn't know grandma duggar passed away.... until the end of the eposoide... World news keept that quiet...

And which Bates got married on the Ivy's birthdate - Carlin ?

Edited by sATL

"Our back up plan...." was in reality nonexistent.  I suspect if there really was a birthing suite plan and an out of town midwife; they turned to infamous Theresa who doesn't have privileges at any facility other than Duggar and Duggar adjacent properties and lady bits. So bust out the brown birthing towel and cross those fingers for an uncomplicated.....nevermind!

Jill, it looks like Ben is in a hurry to get to Jessa and may possibly not be interested in dealing with your on the spot telejournalism. Read.the.room.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

Theresa is not the women who assisted Joy. She was blonde. Why Jessa at one point trying to go into labor at the TTH and then she ended up on her home couch? 

Jill sounds like she's a teenager. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I have to say...I feel sorry for Jill...her behavior is the same of a girl (34) who we know from a ex-gothard family...I follow her on FB...she is emotionally so immature..she never had any experiences to mature...because she was never around people...only her family...10 kids and she is the oldest...I can see the same characteristics in Jill as I do this girl...its so sad really and makes me cringe...her behavior at the birth is so childish

Edited by Dimi1
to add about jesses birth
  • Love 9

Oh yes..welcome back Jill to the camera.  I guess your punishment is over. Too bad it took Carlin Bates wedding and Ivy's  early arrival for you to get parole.

Did I see her in pants? Jessa was on the sofa- moaning , the midwife at her feet, and there was a woman on jessa's right.

What was Ben"s issue last night? He was awfully quiet - nerves?

• Love 1
(edited)

A half hour episode listed as part one and part two?  I take it each is the meat of the two-part birth special that's ultimately coming -- most of which will consist of endless previews/rehashes of this exact footage with virtually no new content?

The entire process of heading for the hospital was so strange to me.  Jessa goes alone, Ben goes alone, midwife takes baby?  I wonder if any of it had to do with the logistics of the boys and when Ben's mom was able to arrive to take the boys -- and I couldn't help wondering where they were during the birth and who was taking care of them?

Ben doing his best to be there for Jessa, putting his head on the back of the sofa and turning his face to the wall really showed how stressful he finds the process.  

ETA:  I guess I didn't realize or remember Josiah had his pilot's license and his flying Jana and Michelle home took me by surprise.  

Edited by Tikichick
Forgotten thought.
  • Love 2

Jill and Jinger wear pants all the time now--as do all the Bates girls who have married.  I don't think any other Duggar girls or wives wear pants though.  Jill even wears shorts and jeans with holes in them!  And she has her nose pierced.  It's refreshing, actually, but I do have to say, out of all the girls, I would have NEVER suspected Jill would be the one to buck tradition and go against her daddy.

Grandma Duggar's passing was all over their IG accounts and social media.  It was very strange at first, but then later I read that she had a stroke or heart attack and was found in the pool.  Very sad.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Ben doing his best to be there for Jessa, putting his head on the back of the sofa and turning his face to the wall really showed how stressful he finds the process.  

Not sure why but I watched this again this morning. Why did Ben have to lean over the arm/back of the couch rather than sitting next to Jessa? Did Jill steal that seat in case she got the chance to use any of her medical thingys?

3 hours ago, sATL said:

Is people.com reliable?  one article said she slipped and fell into pool. Accidental  drowning.

I think it is at least fairly reliable.  A lot of media sources are saying this is how she passed.  No full details though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

where was Josiah flying them from?? Her water breaks while getting ready for church so I'm assuming it was 10ish, she has Ivy at around 5 something....the clock on the hospital wall shows 10pm when they came in. If she called them when her water broke, & I don't know why she wouldn't, isn't that a long time for a flight?

2 minutes ago, Madtown said:

3 pictures. I think she looks a little like both boys. She's also not going to let Jinger have all the bow fun....

If Jessa must put a bow on the kid's head, couldn't she find ones in nicer colors than pea soup and baby poop?

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

I hate those things on the baby's head.  They look like an old dish rag tied in a bow...Olive green?   At least make it pink or white!  My daughter used to put those big bows and huge flowers on my granddaughters when they were infants.  I told her they looked like cabbages on the girl's heads.  Obviously she disagreed but at least they were pretty.  Old fashioned lady here.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think the bow is green for Ivy (the plant). I like it anyway better than pink and frills especially for this crowd it’s actually refreshing.

Also Ivy is such a chunk, so cute 😍

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

where was Josiah flying them from?? Her water breaks while getting ready for church so I'm assuming it was 10ish, she has Ivy at around 5 something....the clock on the hospital wall shows 10pm when they came in. If she called them when her water broke, & I don't know why she wouldn't, isn't that a long time for a flight?

Knoxville. And they had to get to Knoxville from the wedding site. You know they had to stay at the wedding until the "Kiss"...

One quick google said the wedding started at 5:30 and Carlin had all her siblings as attendants.

And I think she was the one who had her "reception" , 500 people, at a 5-star sit down setting - Castleton Farms. A big step up from tuna-salad on a ritz cracker. That is a reception to stay for.

Plus it was a small plane.. not like a jet.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
On 6/24/2019 at 6:03 AM, GeeGolly said:

I'm thinking it had more to do with the concern of bleeding. And of course the obligatory pass-the-newborn-around the Duugars do every time. The Duggar women breastfeed on camera all the time.

It's one thing when you're in the hospital where you can lay the baby with mom while considering a treatment options. It's another when calling 911 is the only option.

Do you remember when the Duggars were invited to some kind of parade and they were riding a float?  Michelle nursed a baby while riding ON THE FLOAT. An entire town had turned out for that parade, and she decided that it would be a good idea to stand on the float and nurse.  That happened many years ago, and I still can’t believe it!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I think it is at least fairly reliable.  A lot of media sources are saying this is how she passed.  No full details though.

ok.. the article(s) went on to say how she loved to talk about her faith to others...

Oddly - I can't remember the last time the woman (God ,rest her soul) spoke anything. Even a hello, good bye or "I love you" . TLC always seemed to show her in that laundry room. washing, drying, folding, hanging..

Guess I gotten used to the outspoken Grandma Jane Bates. Now that's a G-momma who can tell it like it is..

• Love 9

Jill's sex posts just made me realize Jessa aint getting any for, what, 80 days? Jill must love rubbing it it.

Brace for Jessa Bitch Mode. I'm sure on Day 81, after she and Bin have vomited skittles into each other mouths and motioned up, it'll all be right as rain.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Do you remember when the Duggars were invited to some kind of parade and they were riding a float?  Michelle nursed a baby while riding ON THE FLOAT. An entire town had turned out for that parade, and she decided that it would be a good idea to stand on the float and nurse.  That happened many years ago, and I still can’t believe it!

I believe it was at Dollywood. They have a parade on opening day. The cover up was called my breast friend. I think one of the lost girls was being nursed, not sure. I guess Michelle was jealous Dolly's breasts were getting all the attention.

• LOL 11
(edited)

She was nursing poor Jordyn, whose feet were often seen dangling out from under Mechelle's nursing poncho. The worst was when they took some of the kids to an elementary school. Mechelle was talking to little kids with Jordyn just hanging there. (That was also when Jill revealed her favorite book was that Prince Charming crap.)

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Julia67 said:

Jill even wears shorts and jeans with holes in them!  And she has her nose pierced.  It's refreshing, actually, but I do have to say, out of all the girls, I would have NEVER suspected Jill would be the one to buck tradition and go against her daddy.

Maybe she's not going against Daddy, maybe she's going against Mama. Even though Jim Bob is supposed to be the one who makes all the decisions, I think it's really Michelle who lays down all the rules about "modesty" and gender-based clothing. She's a control freak who loves laying down the law and she probably goes berserk when one of her kids ignores her directives. Jim Bob backs her up and presents a unified front, but I suspect he may not really care that much if his married daughters wear pants or skirts. Michelle has always seemed to dislike Jill and if she's the driving force behind the no-pants rule, I could easily see Jill swanning about in jeans and shorts as a passive-aggressive shot at her mother.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
Just now, Puffin said:

Wow how modest Michelle! She couldn’t have waited to feed the child when she got off the float or I don’t know not have gone on in the first place.

How else would anyone know she is a MOTHER?

• LOL 9
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Do you remember when the Duggars were invited to some kind of parade and they were riding a float?  Michelle nursed a baby while riding ON THE FLOAT. An entire town had turned out for that parade, and she decided that it would be a good idea to stand on the float and nurse.  That happened many years ago, and I still can’t believe 

I have no problem with Michelle, or any woman, breastfeeding in public, with or without a cover. I fed my babies whenever they were hungry, and I certainly was not going to pump and use a bottle just because some people have hangups about breasts being sexual.

I pumped to tube feed two of my children for months until they were well enough to feed orally. We worked so hard to be able to breastfeed that it made me even more passionate about advocating for breastfeeding. Some breastfed babies will not take a bottle, especially from their mothers. My son would take a bottle when I was at work, but not if I was home. One daughter would "reverse cycle," sleeping and fasting until I came home and refusing bottles for up to five hours, then cluster feeding once she could nurse.

I find it interesting that Michelle's public breastfeeding and her daughters' commitment to homebirthing are areas where very conservative and very liberal populations tend to overlap.

People can complain all they want, but women can breastfeed anywhere they are legally allowed to be. 

• Love 18