Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 6/5/2019 at 5:26 PM, Churchhoney said:

So of course they've picked "meek" women -- suitably nondescript, young, suppressed. So they can honor them for dying, say they died "for their faith," and not have to consider anything inconvenient like the woman actually being on record as expressing any ideas or making any ruckuses. And they ignore the politics and real history of these things entirely. 

I'm sure both Bin and Jessa have heard about LJG through those channels.  She's been talked about as a martyr in circles like theirs for quite a while. 

I think Lady Jane saw herself as a martyr because as a zealous 16-year-old it was a lot easier to deal with what was coming that way instead of facing the fact that she was about be executed for having craptastic parents (and in-laws) who saw her as a means to support their own ambition. 

Hmm... sounds kind of familiar actually. Jane may be the perfect name for a Duggar, come to think of it. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I realize there's nothing wrong with Ivy's getup.

But there's something about the white bandage-y color and texture of the headband. Combined with the kind of dried-blood red of her clothes, it immediately flashed "painting of soldier wounded in the Crimean War" to me and now I can't get that out of my head.

Too Funny. I instantly thought of injured soldiers from M*A*S*H.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I realize there's nothing wrong with Ivy's getup.

But there's something about the white bandage-y color and texture of the headband. Combined with the kind of dried-blood red of her clothes, it immediately flashed "painting of soldier wounded in the Crimean War" to me and now I can't get that out of my head.

She looks like a Baby Handmaid, honestly

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
22 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Sorry, but what is that head thing?

It's the Fundie version of foot-binding. It's to remind females that they're not supposed to be thinking.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:49 AM, Puffin said:

I’m surprised they didn’t call her Elizabeth or at least as a middle name after Queen Elizabeth l after all she was the first Protestant Queen of England, but then I realised they’re not too fond of women in power never mind a ruler of a country, plus she vowed to remain a virgin and said she was married to her country or something,I don’t think that this family could even grasp a woman like that. Imagine what a duggar would do if one of their daughters vowed to remain a virgin till the day she died, I think she’d get a severe beating and shipped off to one of those camps they keep sending they’re misbehaved kids too. 

Well. Lady Jane Grey was brutally beaten by her parents until she agreed to their scheme to put her on the throne when Edward VI died.  They then abandoned and betrayed her to save their own hides when Mary Tudor became Queen instead. She ended up decapitated while mom and dad lived.  So, since her parents treated her like chattel and abandoned her for their own self interest; Lady Jane Grey did have a lot in common with the Duggar daughters.  

I agree, Elizabeth I wasn't nearly deferential enough to the men in her life to be a heroine to the Duggars and their ilk.  They do seem to revere her mother, Ann Boleyn, though,  She, of course, also was pushed by her parents to become Henry VII's mistress and eventually his wife.  Then, when she failed to produce a male heir; they also denounced her and her brother and allowed both to be executed while they escaped the King's wrath relatively unscathed.  I sense a trend here.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Well. Lady Jane Grey was brutally beaten by her parents until she agreed to their scheme to put her on the throne when Edward VI died.  They then abandoned and betrayed her to save their own hides when Mary Tudor became Queen instead. She ended up decapitated while mom and dad lived.  So, since her parents treated her like chattel and abandoned her for their own self interest; Lady Jane Grey did have a lot in common with the Duggar daughters.  

Plus Mary Tudor was an evil catholic.  Fits their agenda.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Normades said:

Plus Mary Tudor was an evil catholic.  Fits their agenda.

Yes indeedy, while Lady Jane was all of about 16 at her death, she was raised a Protestant and was apparently fairly devout in her faith.  The fundies like to pretend that she was a Christian martyr while, in fact, she died because her parents and her in laws tried to initiate a coup to put her on the throne of England over cousin Mary and it really didn't have much of anything to do with her faith.  Same thing with Ann Boleyn whose Protestantism seemed to mainly be based on the fact that Henry VIII couldn't get a divorce from the Catholic Church, so she needed to turn him away from that religion so he could issue his own divorce and marry her.  And, of course, her execution had nothing to do with Protestantism but everything to do with her inability to produce a son and the fact that she and her parents pissed off a lot of people on their climb to the top who were more than happy to see her brought low.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, not you again said:

That must have been a really busy day.  Jessa goes through childbirth and maybe ends up in the hospital but somehow simultaneously manages to have a glamour photo shoot with her grandmother, who then croaks after church.  Is that the timeline?

Ivy was born on 5/26. There were a couple of weeks in between. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, not you again said:

That must have been a really busy day.  Jessa goes through childbirth and maybe ends up in the hospital but somehow simultaneously manages to have a glamour photo shoot with her grandmother, who then croaks after church.  Is that the timeline?

No, Jessa gave birth on Mary's birthday, not the day she died.  We don't know when the photo shoot took place, obviously one day between the two.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

TLC is airing a Baby Ivy birth special 6/25 at 11pm. It will apparently show the paramedics being called. 

Jessa, two out of three required calling an ambulance.

If you try another home birth after those numbers you are really not getting the message the universe is sending you.

I guess now we'll find out how stubborn she really is. I'd be scared witless. 

• Love 23
Just now, Spencer Hastings said:

I should reserve my judgement until I see the episode, but these women are idiots.  How is it possible that Jinger is the only one who had sense enough to go to a hospital after watching the last few birth mishaps?

Kendra went as well. 

• Love 21
(edited)

This is the episode description. Why does it matter that the family was out of town, she should have had a birth team ready. Unless her birth team was Jana and Mullet...

a3f26f96-fc67-43f7-a9c8-7e5d7086f9bd.png.5a71a1f7569adc8baac9e7e8ae3af3db.png

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, Lunera said:

This is the episode description. Why does it matter that the family was out of town, she should have had a birth team ready. Unless her birth team was Jana and Mullet...

Because the more Duggars there are within a five-mile radius of your location, the more attention God pays to making things go well in that area?

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

See, that's what I don't get...if Ma Duggar had mainly hospital births, why do some of these Duggar women do home births, especially when they've had one or more bad experiences?  Makes no sense to me.  Is it just for the TLC $$$?  

• Love 9
(edited)
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

See, that's what I don't get...if Ma Duggar had mainly hospital births, why do some of these Duggar women do home births, especially when they've had one or more bad experiences?  Makes no sense to me.  Is it just for the TLC $$$?  

Ma Duggar: Do what I say, not what I do!

I think she probably pushes home births for her own agenda, whatever that is. If the home births were just due to lack of quality insurance, why did Kendra deliver at a hospital? No way she and Joe have money tucked away. 

Edited by Heathen
Haha, "pushes" home births!
  • Love 4
Just now, Oldernowiser said:

At what point do even the leghumpers come to realize that the Duggar Patented Shit Happens Birth Plan is just plain stupid? When someone dies in childbirth?

Unfortunately even then the leghumpers will see a preventable death as gods will.  If it's a Duggar daughter who dies, then she will be seen as a martyr. They would spin it in whatever way they can to push their "prolife" agenda. 

• Love 3

Go ahead, Jessa, try another home birth. And leave ALL your kids motherless.  But, think of the ratings bonanza. That VSE would rake in millions of viewers. Your parents would probably mourn you a little bit, but they’ve got 18 others, so it’s not like you’d be missed too much. Especially after the TLC check showed up. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

At what point do even the leghumpers come to realize that the Duggar Patented Shit Happens Birth Plan is just plain stupid? When someone dies in childbirth?

I think that's a feature, not a bug. I don't think any of them actually aspire to die in childbirth, but that would be a HUGE WIN with Jesus if they did. They talk about it ALL THE TIME when they are mindlessly praising J'chelle -- she could have DIED giving birth to me. I am so very grateful for all she's done -- even though she literally has done NOTHING for them since they were about 6 months old.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

TLC is airing a Baby Ivy birth special 6/25 at 11pm. It will apparently show the paramedics being called. 

Wow Jessa is an idiot! She got lucky with Henry’s birth,having no problems but seriously after Spurgeons birth why didn’t she go to the hospital. Is she not worried at all thats she’s putting herself and her children at risk!

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Kendra went as well. 

No way would Kendra's family let her labour at home, they actually care about their daughter unlike the Duggars, who seem to think childbirth is a breeze. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 18

Huh, 11pm.  What an odd time to show the episode. All recent shows have had decent ratings.

• Love 7

3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, 11pm.  What an odd time to show the episode. All recent shows have had decent ratings.

11pm in what time zone?

(edited)
3 hours ago, Puffin said:

No way would Kendra's family let her labour at home, they actually care about their daughter unlike the Duggars, who seem to think childbirth is a breeze. 

I sort of agree with this, but I also wonder if there's more to it. Kendra apparently has a medical history of passing out from pain. They knew this and this was a big reason her parents (and Joe?) insisted she give birth in a hospital. I don't know if they would have insisted otherwise. Also if your daughter has bad reactions to pain; encouraging her to get married very young and go through 20+ years of labor pains doesn't seem that caring to me. 

5 hours ago, Lunera said:

a3f26f96-fc67-43f7-a9c8-7e5d7086f9bd.png.5a71a1f7569adc8baac9e7e8ae3af3db.png

Could you also post this in the TLC/media thread? 

Edited by Temperance
10 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

It is 6/25 11:00 Eastern - 30 minutes sandwiched between a new episode of Sweet Home Sextuplets and Say Yes to the Dress.

Wow, that is a sure sign that the Duggar franchise is losing steam.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

So if Michelle was out of town I guess I'll be denied hearing the robotic, "Moth. Er. Is. Bleed. Ing." again, darnit.

Nothing says they couldn’t pad out the episode with some flashbacks, though ...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I wonder if Midwife Jill was out of town . . . 

No, the Dullards didn't attend Carlin Bates' nuptials. Dr. Jill could have very easily been there. I do hope that Jessa's real midwife was there (as well?).

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

No, the Dullards didn't attend Carlin Bates' nuptials. Dr. Jill could have very easily been there. I do hope that Jessa's "real midwife" was there (as well?).

Fixed it for you. 

Edited by Heathen
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Unfortunately, given the growing numbers of Duggar birthers and births, it could happen. There have been some close calls already. Maybe some of the starry-eyed fans will explain away a tragedy as god's will, but others might have a jolting bump into the edge of rational thought. While I hope nothing happens to any of these people, I don't have a good feeling about the Duggars' odds if they choose to continue gambling with their and their babies' health and safety. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

So if Michelle was out of town I guess I'll be denied hearing the robotic, "Moth. Er. Is. Bleed. Ing." again, darnit.

8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

That’s probably why Jessa is still alive. 

8 hours ago, jennblevins said:

Nothing says they couldn’t pad out the episode with some flashbacks, though ...

3 hours ago, Heathen said:

Fixed it for you. 

Y'all are cracking me up. Thank-you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 6/16/2019 at 7:41 PM, BigBingerBro said:

It is 6/25 11:00 Eastern - 30 minutes sandwiched between a new episode of Sweet Home Sextuplets and Say Yes to the Dress.

Who is staying up that late? Yikes. Are they expecting everyone to just stream it later? 

This is a sure indication that the births/weddings have to be a VSE on TLC per the contract but TLC decides when they air. So it could be 2 am for all TLC could care.

Maybe Jessa needs to up her game and get pregnant with high order multiples so that TLC will pay attention again. Sextuplets are all the rage! 

• LOL 17