Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Also. Jessa is, for the most part, media smart. She won't dare admit going to the hospital and admitting yet ANOTHER Duggar home birth got f'ed up again. She'd rather lie. 

Except TLC airs most of the births and it will be hard for this be omitted for TLC's record. More likely she won't, but downplay what happened. 

31 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I didn’t follow it closely, but weren’t the Duggars pretty discreet about whatever complications occurred with Sammy?

Yes there were, and that was around the time Jill left the show. Jill and Derick were either fired or left in time not to answer questions about that birth on national television.  Jessa still wants to be a TLC star. 

• Love 6

Sammy: We saw a pic of Sammy with tubes and he was held up by Derick. Although we don't really know what exactly happened, I suspect that in that case the issues were with Sammy himself (and maybe Jill). 

Ivy: I suspect Ivy is just fine, especially if she has been seen at home. But the lack of Jessa (and Ben!) makes me think something is up with Jessa. I suspect that Jessa lost blood with Ivy like she did with Spurgeon. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm leaning towards Jessa being fine and holding out for a glammed up (paid) magazine spread. 

I do find it interesting she conveniently forgot to mention she ended up in the hospital for the second time after birthing at home. I'm sure that will be conveniently left out of the Counting On footage as well. She'll just ignore questions about it and let her minions defend her on social media.

Leghumpers questioned Guinn about the hospital on her post, but Guinn never replied.

• Useful 7
43 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Leghumpers questioned Guinn about the hospital on her post, but Guinn never replied.

I find it really interesting that she posted the picture to begin with. All the other Ivy pictures (posted by Duggars) have been either closely cropped or in a home setting. We would probably still think it odd that we haven't seen Jessa, but there would be no proof that they went to the hospital. Everyone clearly waited to post until after the US article (a day and a half after Ivy's birth); wouldn't Guinn have received similar instructions not to post a picture that clearly gave away the fact that they're in a medical setting? Did she choose to ignore those instructions? (Seems unlikely for a grandma who wants a continued happy relationship with her only daughter-in-law/ access to her only grandkids.) Did Jessa not think to ask to begin with? Is Jessa so out of it that she's not even aware the picture was posted? (I'm picturing her croaking out to Jana her Instagram password and what to post before passing out again...) Is she happy the picture is fomenting rumors, and therefore keeping her relevant? (But would she really be happy that this photo is contradicting her happy little birth story on Instagram?) 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Didn't either Ivy's birth or Lauren's pregnancy announcement article state that the show would be back in the fall? I know I read it somewhere.

I read it too.

2 hours ago, Heathen said:

Guesses range from complications on Samuel's part to an emergency hysterectomy on Jill's. 

Someone posted recently that Derrick denied the hysterectomy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Well obviously something went down because of the pictures from the hospital. 

Right, but a lot of people seem to think that she's just hanging out waiting for the anticipation to build. The question is how big was the emergency. 

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Does anyone know if Counting On has been picked up for another season?

Yes, there's at least one more season airing in the fall. I wouldn't be surprised if with BabyPalooza '19 that they get another season in spring 2020.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I find it really interesting that she posted the picture to begin with. All the other Ivy pictures (posted by Duggars) have been either closely cropped or in a home setting. We would probably still think it odd that we haven't seen Jessa, but there would be no proof that they went to the hospital. Everyone clearly waited to post until after the US article (a day and a half after Ivy's birth); wouldn't Guinn have received similar instructions not to post a picture that clearly gave away the fact that they're in a medical setting? Did she choose to ignore those instructions? (Seems unlikely for a grandma who wants a continued happy relationship with her only daughter-in-law/ access to her only grandkids.) Did Jessa not think to ask to begin with? Is Jessa so out of it that she's not even aware the picture was posted? (I'm picturing her croaking out to Jana her Instagram password and what to post before passing out again...) Is she happy the picture is fomenting rumors, and therefore keeping her relevant? (But would she really be happy that this photo is contradicting her happy little birth story on Instagram?) 

If Guinn is anything like me, she might be pretty oblivious when it comes to the backgrounds of pictures and didn't think anything of posting that pic. Ben, Jessa, and the rest of the Duggars are probably pissed. 

Now I'm reminded of how Ben's relative outed his and Jessa's courtship. And his sister was the first announce Spurgeon's birth and sex. The Seewalds really should take a class on reality tv pr. 

• Love 13
45 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I read it too.

Someone posted recently that Derrick denied the hysterectomy.

What makes you think Derelict would tell the truth? 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

Now that pictures of the new baby are everywhere, is anyone really interested in seeing Jessa or Bin?

I'm thinking not. It seems the media outlets all went with the same pictures and same quote. Really no need for a family spread now. I guess we'll wait and see.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Since the show is her son’s and his family’s bread and butter, Guinn better get with the program.  The Seewalds may think they’re better than the Duggars, but their son is not. 

• Love 6
On 5/20/2019 at 7:10 AM, OpieTaylor said:

Bin's sister (the police officer) just got married. No photos of, or posts from, Bin and Jessa about it, but in the family's Instagram pics a TV cameraman and sound man can be seen. It's the 8th photo in the series below.

Late to the party, but why are the bridesmaids’ dresses the color of wallpaper in a Victorian funeral parlor?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

I’m getting ”Paul is dead” flashbacks.

For most if you, this was a thing in the late 60s in which an increasingly hysterical rumor was out there that Paul McCartney had been killed in a car wreck and it had been kept a big secret except for certain lyrics in the latest Beatles album...some of which you could only hear if you played the record backwards. I still don’t know if it was a clever PR tactic or a rumor gone BSC.

But I really don’t give the Duggars that much credit for cleverness, evil or otherwise.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Yes, there's at least one more season airing in the fall. I wouldn't be surprised if with BabyPalooza '19 that they get another season in spring 2020.

We won't "meet" these new babies on the show until the kids are like two years old at the rate they air the episodes, though.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
56 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

We won't "meet" these new babies on the show until the kids are like two years old at the rate they air the episodes, though.

So the next season will just be a whole lot women walking around holding their bumps (visible or otherwise)? 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

So the next season will just be a whole lot women walking around holding their bumps (visible or otherwise)? 

Such a cliffhanger!!! How will viewers contain themselves!!!???

(Seriously, how does this dreck continue to limp on...)

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

It's cheap to produce and generates enough money for TLC.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder who was around and how it all went down. Jessa mentioned they were getting ready for church when her water broke, had 3.5 hours of labor, yet the baby was born at 6pm. It seems it took a while for labor to begin unless they were going to a midday or afternoon service.

That seemed a little weird to me, too. Most of the churches around here I know about have Sunday morning services and then an evening service around, say, 6. I have no idea why they'd be getting ready for church at 2:30 p.m. unless there was a special function that was held earlier in the day. (But that makes me wonder why it didn't just immediately follow the morning service to prevent people from having to turn right around and come back.) It's not like they have an arduous drive to wherever they are attending that would make them get ready hours early. 

• Love 1
(edited)

My water broke with my first baby, and I didn't give birth until 25 hrs. later (in a hospital). They had to give me something to get my labor going. This was 50 years ago.

Edited by Patricia07
Needed to clarify.
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Technically water breaking isn't the beginning of labor.  Maybe she finally learned that bit of information.

That could be! All my children are pets. LOL

• Love 5
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Zella said:

That seemed a little weird to me, too. Most of the churches around here I know about have Sunday morning services and then an evening service around, say, 6. I have no idea why they'd be getting ready for church at 2:30 p.m. unless there was a special function that was held earlier in the day. (But that makes me wonder why it didn't just immediately follow the morning service to prevent people from having to turn right around and come back.) It's not like they have an arduous drive to wherever they are attending that would make them get ready hours early. 

It sounds like her water broke, and they altered their plans, assuming that labor would start right away. Even if they were going to a noontime service, there were still a few hours before labor actually began.

Edited by Sew Sumi
Because speling iz important!
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It sounds like her water broke, and they altered their plans, assuming that labor would start right away. Even if they were going to a noontime service, there was still a few hours before labor actually began.

That makes sense. I didn't realize that the water breaking didn't necessarily mean things were kicking off, so I just made some assumptions based on what she wrote. 

• Love 2

Water breaking usually means labor will begin within a few hours.  It doesn't always though.  I think I went 36 hours before labor began.  These days I think it's normal to induce if labor doesn't being within 24 hours.  Most people will stay close to home or the hospital if their water has broken.  You don't want to leak out in public plus labor could theoretically start any minute.

• Love 5

Pickles posted the pic from the hospital and some people are commenting that Jessa and Ivy might have gone in for a wellness check. To me that makes no sense, but I've never given birth so I'm certainly not an expert. 

• Love 6

For all my pregnancies I was told that if my water broke I was to call the doctor/hospital right away.  It finally happened with my third baby.  I did not have contractions but I was admitted and given Pitocin, and had the baby about 6 hours later.  This was 27 years ago.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Pickles posted the pic from the hospital and some people are commenting that Jessa and Ivy might have gone in for a wellness check. To me that makes no sense, but I've never given birth so I'm certainly not an expert. 

The midwife could conduct an initial wellness check. I've never heard of a new mother shuttling her newborn off to the doctor just hours after giving birth. Makes no sense, really.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't believe for one minute that ANY of those kids goes in for regular wellness checks. For one thing, it would be an episode -- all of the Gen3 kids would be rounded up and dragged in together -- "Look at HOW MANY KIDS we have here!!!"

It would also cost money, and they don't pay for ANYTHING.

And, most importantly, Jesus loves them best. There's no reason to go to the doctor because Jesus would never let anything happen to them. I think that one of the reasons they're so squirrely about admitting they've been to a doctor is because it's an enormous fail in their universe to need help from evil, educated people.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Except that wouldn't require an IV pole which was in the picture.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

Now a picture with Kendra and Ivy. I'm hoping Jessa's holding out for some kind of family photo reveal.  

Which is totally not important now when we saw Ivy. 

If she let out photos of her/Ben/boys without clear view of Ivy, then I would understand that she waits for the photo reveal

• Love 7

I didn't think that a seemingly healthy newborn was taken to a hospital for a well-check. That would have been done at the pediatrician's office. Something is up here and it doesn't look like Ivy needed any care; she was in Guinn's arms not in hospital garb or any monitors hooked up to her. I think it was Jessa who needed some attention. In trying to purposely dissuade the public that this was an uneventful home birth is quite dishonest of the Seewalds. They would be lying by omission and allowing the public to knowingly be misled. They also would NOT HAVE GOOD CHARACTER to allow this. They also would be hypocrites. The Seewalds really need to publicly address this and tell what happened.

• Love 20
(edited)
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

Now a picture with Kendra and Ivy. I'm hoping Jessa's holding out for some kind of family photo reveal.  

Well, if she is she'd better up her paid-media and negotiations knowledge. There are already pictures of the kid all over the place .... and we're now at half a week and counting past the birth. There's really no reveal remaining unless there's some secret photographable "wow" event she's hiding. 

The further you get from the news being an "exclusive" and a hot, fresh story that hasn't been superseded in time by dozens of other more recent events involving other famous and semi-famous people the less you're going to get paid .... and the less likely it becomes that they'll run your stuff at all, seems to me. So if she's holding out on a picture, I'd say the big story is that the current frantic Duggar rush for every dime they can scare up continues apace! 

Unless Jessa's able to offer a picture of two hitherto unseen triplets (Honeysuckle and Holly?) who arrived as a complete surprise or one in which she herself suddenly sprouted an extra head in the middle of labor or something, I can't see how her negotiations would be going anywhere. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 8
  • Love 13

Regarding the Ivy  home birth narrative, Jessa will probably give a prickly reply that she (Jessa) was simply a 'little' dehydrated and went to the hospital for an IV followed by a flip 'thanks for your concern'.

• Love 15

just had a thought....we got the baby name immediately instead of being teased for a week like they did with the other two. i think that ben picks for the boys and she picks for the girls. if that is so, i am glad this one is a girl because i was wondering what they would go with for a boy and not really excited about it. i hope they are all well and jessa is recovering nicely.

• Love 2

This whole no Jessa, Bin, or the boys thing is odd. If they are holding out for a family picture, well I think that ship has sailed because the only thing people are interested in is the baby. It would be if Archie Sussex being in pictures with his uncle William, his grandpa Charles, his great grandma Lillibet, before showing him with his parents. Doesn't make sense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The midwife could conduct an initial wellness check. I've never heard of a new mother shuttling her newborn off to the doctor just hours after giving birth. Makes no sense, really.

We would see newborns right away that were born at a birthing center when I worked at a pediatrician's office. By "right away" I mean the actual day of birth or day after.  Even though the midwife gives them an initial check, the pediatrician still needs to do a more thorough exam like the baby would have gotten at the hospital. 

8 hours ago, Love2dance said:

@doodlebug can explain this best, but my understanding is that once your water breaks, it is very important that labor starts soon to help prevent infection. 

Sadly I knew of a lady who had brain damage because her mother went days after her water broke before giving birth to her. She was born probably close to 70 years ago. Glad things have gotten better. 

• Love 1

Jessa knows that a fresh baby would upstage her in photos, so she's probably waiting to fit back into the perfect outfit and assembling the perfect clothes for her boys to wear.  Staging is EVERYTHING, so perfect has got to be the watchword!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I ask that about every stupid Kate show TLC has put out. A new one is coming. Blech. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I seem to recall a very similar situation after Sam was born.  People were asking where Jill was and there were no photos of her for a while.  There were reports of some Duggars being seen crying at the hospital, and all sorts of speculation as to what really happened.

It's day 4 now.  People are losing interest fast.  In fact, the only people who are paying attention at this point are the leg-humpers and snarkers. If this is a strategic attempt to drum up interest I think it has been dragged on too long and will not achieve the desired results.

If there really is an issue, a simple statement saying that  Jessa experienced some complications and needs some time to recover would be the logical response.  

But, in typical Duggar fashion, when something does not go exactly according to plan there is a clumsy attempt to cover it up and pretend that everything is fine.  They will never change.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

On 5/28/2019 at 8:30 PM, lascuba said:

I think Jessa's motivation for homebirth is pretty much the same as a lot of other homebirthers...it's on trend in her circle, and has not much do so with the show. Also, in their first book, Michelle talked about how she liked her two home births and wished she had been aware of homebirth as an option earlier because maybe she could have avoided c-sections. I imagine that the girls grew up hearing that and internalized the idea that homebirth is preferable. 

I think Jessa's the type that would opt for homebirth even if she had the best insurance in the world. 

Homebirthers usually opt out of the eye goop. 

I'm not from the south, but I can state without hesitation that there WAS is a HUGE toward homebirth.  It's the whole granola mom thing.  I'm a Gen X'er, and I gave birth in the early to mid 2000s...and that is really when things like natural homebirth, anti-vax, anti-doctor, anti- circ, cloth diapering, all natural cleaning products, exclusive BF, child-led weaning, anti-eye goop...pretty much ALL things non-interventionist.  I'm not saying all of these things are bad, some certainly are, but that was def. the trend.  I will say that most of these moms that I knew were either extremely far-left leaning (think Rikki Lake), or extremely far-right leaning (The Duggars).  Basically extremists on both sides that believed that either "chemicals and the government are going to poison us".  I heard it ALL about how I was poisoning my children, and giving them the autisms,  from both my super liberal friends and my super conservative friends.  The granola trend.  

If Jessa thinks she's ON TREND, she isn't.  That trend is fading fast.  The younger moms (younger millennials) appear to be smarter than the younger Gen X'ers and older millennials.  Moms are going back to the hospitals, and back to immunizations.  

I don't believe that this is religiously motivated due to modesty.  If that were true, there wouldn't be cameras.  I believe this is a "trend" that has gone out of fashion, but in Arkansas, they are usually behind trends by a few years.  In reality, it is hardcore narcissism at it's finest.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 9