Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

The Seewalds: Benessa and The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Name... & Henry

They must have an agreement to wait for the spouse to post first. This was posted late in the day:

CDC61741-3FB7-43EC-93D2-3D95E7AF34F2.jpeg

• Like 2

I'll never not have a soft spot for Ben. He really does seem to be a very sweet guy at heart, and someone I could get along with really well if not for those darn religious beliefs. If he'd been brought up in a secular household, I think he'd have turned out just lovely. And his smile with those little teeth just kind of melts my heart a bit every time...I'm even getting used to the beard! 

Somebody slap me out of it! LOL

• Like 20
  • Laugh 2

Bin's sister (the police officer) just got married. No photos of, or posts from, Bin and Jessa about it, but in the family's Instagram pics a TV cameraman and sound man can be seen. It's the 8th photo in the series below.

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

"I am henpecked". The end.

Henpecked in a Patriarchy, no less!

(also a good band name)

• Like 11
  • Laugh 6

21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Yowza, is that a healthy dose of cleavage I see on Mz. Jessica? A career, marriage and boobs? No wonder Bin and Jessa didn't post a congratulations. They probably think uttering her name will send them straight to hell.

Guinn looked absolutely stunning. Take notes, Michelle.

Yeah I noticed Jessica's cleavage too!  I find it curious that it appears wedding footage will be shown on Counting On, based on this photo.  

SeewaldWedding.JPG

• Like 2
  • Surprise 2

Except for the constant God references in the one social media post, I laugh because one of Ben's sister is a law enforcement officer aka a mostly male based job. Poor Ben and Jessa are being outshined by one of his sisters. Take that JB and Michelle. Even poor JD is being outdone by her. Ha!

Edited by bigskygirl

7 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Counting On Tits to save our ratings.

I am so glad I did not take a sip of tea before reading the above comment.

Wow, so only Duggar weddings are worthy of Princess Jessa’s attention? So much from her on sm about any Duggar wedding, but absolutely nothing when Bin’s sister gets married? And they don’t even follow her on sm I don’t think.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Wow, so only Duggar weddings are worthy of Princess Jessa’s attention? So much from her on sm about any Duggar wedding, but absolutely nothing when Bin’s sister gets married? And they don’t even follow her on sm I don’t think.

Is this the sister who spilled the beans on SM about the name of Jessa's first baby? Or some detail that Jessa was ramping up "suspense" and social media buzz by not disclosing? Maybe Jessa's a good grudge holder. 

Poor Ben, if there's such a distance between his family of origin and the Duggars. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

Yeah I noticed Jessica's cleavage too!  I find it curious that it appears wedding footage will be shown on Counting On, based on this photo.  

Maybe, or it could be a private photographer the family hired to take videos of the wedding.  I've been to several weddings where a professional has taken videos.  

2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Henpecked in a Patriarchy, no less!

(also a good band name)

If Bin and Jessa ever get their own television show, or if Bin writes his tell-all memoirs, this should be the title!!!  

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1

I didn't see the foot-washing picture in that Instagram post, but I saw a picture of Jessica washing her groom's feet during the ceremony on other fundie snark sites. 

• Surprise 5

2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

SeewaldWedding.JPG

I was thinking perhaps its someone they hired to make a wedding video,unless the guys look like cameramen from Counting On?

• Like 5

A midriff and cleavage baring dress, I am shocked.

Why isn't Bin pictured with his siblings? He seems so disconnected from his family. 

Oh look and they kissed before marriage, man did Bin miss out on having a normal relationship. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Puffin said:

I was thinking perhaps its someone they hired to make a wedding video,unless the guys look like cameramen from Counting On?

That idea occurred to me too, but when I saw the second guy with a boom microphone, it seemed more like a TV show.

But maybe they just got a really professional video done.

Nowadays, do people hire that kind of equipment to get videos done of their events? 

2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Maybe Jessa's a good grudge holder.

I have no doubt this is true.

• Like 8

Wait, what?  Phillips (plural) is his first name?  New one on me.

Nice dress.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'll never not have a soft spot for Ben. He really does seem to be a very sweet guy at heart, and someone I could get along with really well if not for those darn religious beliefs. If he'd been brought up in a secular household, I think he'd have turned out just lovely. And his smile with those little teeth just kind of melts my heart a bit every time...I'm even getting used to the beard! 

Ben is my favorite Duggar or Duggar Adjacent.  He seems like an all around decent guy.  I wish he was married to amiable Jinger, instead.  But, "the heart wants what it wants."

• Like 10

10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6 pictures:

That was actually kind of sweet. 

• Like 4

Jessica's dress is lovely. I love that she is not only working, but she works in a male-dominated field. She outdid both JD and Abbie!

• Like 14

8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Counting On Tits to save our ratings.

I hope Nike buys a spot or two.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 22

Am I the only one still very much doubting that Counting On will show a Seewald wedding? I mean,  what would be next? A Vuolo wedding? A Swanson wedding? 

Would they just be changing the show into a "fringe-y evangelicals get married" series? 

I've seen some pretty fancy videography equipment recording non-tv events. Remember the camera guys at the coffee place in California recording Jer, Jingle and some MacArthur staff member? 

I still think Jessica and her guy just hired a videographer who really likes fancy equipment and expensive mics. 

Color me skeptible on ever seeing Jessica's cleavage on TeeVee. Surely the TLC producers don't want to face Jessa's wrath if she started getting upstaged by Bin's siblings! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Do we know for a fact that those are TLC cameras?  I agree that it would be VERY odd to feature that wedding on the show.  I have a feeling it's either a very high-level videographer, or there is some other documentary going on (maybe for the church?).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Wait, what?  Phillips (plural) is his first name?  New one on me.

Nice dress.

Southern thing, I'm guessing mother's or grandmother's or whoever's maiden name. 

That dress shows a lot of cleavage for any church wedding, let alone a semi-fundie wedding. 

Guinn looked very nice. Fundie beliefs aside, I think she really does care about her children as individuals. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

Ok, so someone of Facebook asked Gwinn about the cameramen and she says they are going to be featured on Say Yes to the Dress on TLC. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Like 9
  • Useful 8
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 5

They sure are milking the secondary fame!  Good on Bin for pursuing Jessa- he’s given the family an avenue for reality tv income!  🙄

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, awaken said:

They sure are milking the secondary fame!  Good on Bin for pursuing Jessa- he’s given the family an avenue for reality tv income!  🙄

SYTTD is pretty much open to anybody willing to come to Kleinfelds and spend money $$$ and then has a semi-interesting story to tell. I'd be surprised if they got so much as a discount. I also wonder if Jessica will actually pick her dress on the show or if this will just be an alterations/ceremony plot.

• Useful 2

17 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Yowza, is that a healthy dose of cleavage I see on Mz. Jessica?

Gives new meaning to the expression "leave and cleave."

• Like 2
  • Laugh 16

I wonder what Jessa and Ben honestly feel about Jessica. First, what are their feelings on her learning and earning a role that historically has been considered a male role and one that requires her to dress in a uniform designed for men? Secondly, how do they feel about Jessica's choice of a revealing gown? And thirdly, what are their feelings about Jessica finding her own brief TV fame, if it's true they were featured on Say Yes to the Dress?

Do they condemn her? Pray for her? Jealous of her? 

• Like 12

Were  Jessa, and/or Ben in the wedding party?

1 minute ago, ginger90 said:
Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Were  Jessa, and/or Ben in the wedding party?

@MunichNark reports a Jessa-as-bridesmaid sighting, over in the Sweet Fellowship thread, I think. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder what Jessa and Ben honestly feel about Jessica. First, what are their feelings on her learning and earning a role that historically has been considered a male role and one that requires her to dress in a uniform designed for men? Secondly, how do they feel about Jessica's choice of a revealing gown? And thirdly, what are their feelings about Jessica finding her own brief TV fame, if it's true they were featured on Say Yes to the Dress?

I imagine they secretly condemn her, but don't vocalize it because she's family. I truly believe Jessa can't comprehend a woman who works by choice, works in a male-dominated field and enjoys doing so. The Duggar mindset is so ass-backwards I can see Jessa pitying her sister-in-law. After all, if Jessica wasn't such a heathen, she'd have a highway-adjacent Mold Pit and an unemployed boy-bitch of her very own! 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

I don't think Jessa would agree to be in a wedding where the dresses were cut like that. She's the frumpy one, and by now hugely pregnant. It sort of looks like her, but I'm not sure. 

Edited by beckie · Reason: because my phone is being dumb today.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, beckie said:

I don't think Jessa would agree to be in a wedding where the dresses were cut like that. She's the frumpy one, and by now hugely pregnant. It sort of looks like her, but I'm not sure. 

I don't know, at least some of the bridesmaids dresses look to have cap sleeves and the bridesmaids over the groom's left shoulder has a pretty high lace neckline. And the way the girl on the left is standing suggests she's got a belly and is well endowed; both descriptors of Jessa's current condition. 

It very well could be Jessa but I'd bet she's not happy about it, either because she can't ever wear a dress like Jessica's or because Jessica dates to wear a dress like that. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, McManda said:

I don't know, at least some of the bridesmaids dresses look to have cap sleeves and the bridesmaids over the groom's left shoulder has a pretty high lace neckline. And the way the girl on the left is standing suggests she's got a belly and is well endowed; both descriptors of Jessa's current condition. 

It very well could be Jessa but I'd bet she's not happy about it, either because she can't ever wear a dress like Jessica's or because Jessica dates to wear a dress like that. 

Looking at the picture more closely, I do see the sleeves on that one dress, but I still think Jessa wouldn't wear a dress cut like that and the one the girl supposedly her is wearing, doesn't have sleeves or anything with their definition of modest. (That I could see, anyway.)  

Jessa can at least be smug in the knowledge that she got the better-looking groom. Bin is not even my type, but at least he has a chin.  Poor Mr. Lester needs to avoid being photographed in profile.

Who's the dumb kid with the toothpick in his mouth? It better not have been a professional photographer who let that happen.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Bin even allowed to have his very own feelings?

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, beckie said:

It’s her, baby bump and all.  

• Like 3

Jessa's ad for Just Fab. Those are some very tight dresses. She says they aren't maternity, no point in asking for free maternity clothes anymore since she's due any day now.

1225292136_Screenshot_20190521-114929_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.37a3ae2e4b3ada6ba4a2f18fc0b79d16.jpg361218919_Screenshot_20190521-115732_SamsungInternet-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.8def1b77142a3d24b9f0f0aafed1f6ca.jpg

• Surprise 2

6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

How modest! 😆😆😆

The hypocrisy...it burns...

• Like 10
  • Laugh 4

Is this the SIL that just got married? She's done a lot with her life since Jessa was married.

jessa-seewald-wedding-dress-elegant-90-b

• Like 3