Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I think it’s really cute. They seem sweet and relaxed. Spurgie is still a little doll. 

And he actually did a good job singing that first song. Even though I was not familiar with it, he seemed to be in tune, and enunciated the words well enough to understand them. That's really quite good for his age.

• Love 8

I think the video is very sweetI loved how Spurgeon complimented Henry. Unlike poor Israel, it's obvious that the boys are being gently taught and encouraged instead of criticized and punished. Hopefully, the church they attend has children's Sunday School so the boys get to spend a little bit of time socializing with children who are not related to them.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I find it a tad creepy that the boys are tasked with learning two songs a week.

We are a very musical family and I never purposely taught my kids songs to sing. They would pick up different songs, anything from Raffi to Carole King, because we often had music playing. To me a cute video is a few kids under 4 in a tub singing, "Well, we're big rock singers, we got golden fingers ...". Not because they had to, but because one would spontaneously start and the others would join in.

And teaching toddlers to memorize scripture? Scripture they surely can't understand. They'll be plenty of time for the boys to learn scripture when they're old enough to know what they're saying. It feels like indoctrination to me.

I agree about the memorization of scripture.  They are not learning anything in the process.  I remember teaching my little brother to quote some passages from The Blues Brothers--he didn't learn anything from this except that he made his older siblings and dad laugh from it.  He was teaching my 2 year old nephew the other day to say something.  My nephew had no idea what he was saying.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

There was a meme going around a while back. It was a picture of two kids of different races walking hand in hand, captioned, "The only things kids hate is naps".

When do the Duggars and their ilk begin to teach their children to fear and judge others?

They must teach them that they're naughty children filled with sin at a fairly young age if they're finding Jesus while still in the single digits.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

. To me a cute video is a few kids under 4 in a tub singing, "Well, we're big rock singers, we got golden fingers ...". Not because they had to, but because one would spontaneously start and the others would join in.

If your kids are the ones singing “On the Cover of Rolling Stone” you are my personal all-time Mother of the Year.

Bravo.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

Like Izzy, Spurge could definitely benefit by attending a preschool, church based or not, as well as Vacation Bible school in the summer. 

What church does Benessa go to?  If it's not the Church of the Almighty Duggar,  does it have a Sunday school program Spurge could go to meet other kids?  

@GeeGolly, I liked your post & it reminded me how kids pick up songs just by hearing them being played at home or in the car.  We had a juke box when Son of Barb was little & it's surprising how many partial song lyrics he picked up on.  So besides learning "Jesus Loves Me" in Sunday school, he could also sing along to "Born in the USA" &  "American Pie" as well when he was Spurgie's age.  Here's hoping all the grand Duggs will have well rounded musical appreciation but I doubt it.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

If your kids are the ones singing “On the Cover of Rolling Stone” you are my personal all-time Mother of the Year.

Bravo.

Aww, thanks. Those were my kids, some 30 years ago, singing their hearts out. 

And funny enough, the youngest now makes a living singing.

• Love 14

I haven’t heard that song in thirty years and yet the dogs and I are now dancing around while I sing, “we got a genuine Indian guru, teachin’ us a better way!” (They didn’t like the “ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!” part, but they’re on board for the rest of it.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Nysha said:

I think the video is very sweetI loved how Spurgeon complimented Henry. Unlike poor Israel, it's obvious that the boys are being gently taught and encouraged instead of criticized and punished. Hopefully, the church they attend has children's Sunday School so the boys get to spend a little bit of time socializing with children who are not related to them.

Do they attend a church?

• Love 2

Eh, I don’t know. I grew up as a young child in the 60s and sang Beatles songs. I didn’t understand the meaning anymore than Spurgie does with his bible songs.

My son went to a Baptist preschool even though we were not baptist. It was just a nice little school. They had bible stories and songs at the end of the day and I just found it cute. Just another thing the little ones memorize. 

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Do they attend a church?

They attend some kind of Sunday service. Jessa said they were getting ready for church when her water broke with Ivy. They've never let on where they go though.

• Love 3

Much better than Jill laughing at her crying children. 

Is it the actual girls (Jessa and Jill) or is it that Derick is really nuts and has dragged a fragile Jill down with him?  Ben seems far more stable than Derick. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Is it the actual girls (Jessa and Jill) or is it that Derick is really nuts and has dragged a fragile Jill down with him?  Ben seems far more stable than Derick. 

Derick is really nuts. I think Jill would have problems no matter who she was married to, however.  She's emotionally and mentally stunted.

• Love 19
59 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Also this. Ben's the one promoting healthy food and also seems to be more empathic. 

• Love 19

I think Ben has helped Jessa and opened her up to new experiences and ideas.  Nothing really astounding (sigh) but at least, they seem to be trying. 

Derick hinders Jill.  Whatever little skill and potential she did have is now circling the drain.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I think Ben has helped Jessa and opened her up to new experiences and ideas.  Nothing really astounding (sigh) but at least, they seem to be trying. 

Derick hinders Jill.  Whatever little skill and potential she did have is now circling the drain.

I also think Ben is probably a kinder and easy going person compared to Derrick. Jessa is the dominant one in the relationship and they are fine with that. Derrick is the dominating one but is likely nasty and cruel with it due to his frustrations etc. I think Jill would have a hard time in marriage due to her upbringing but if she were with someone who actually LIKED her and didn’t have a mean streak she would be more likely to thrive. 

• Love 14
On 8/26/2019 at 7:19 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa scorches a 130 mph serve into the court of Best Christian Mother (video). (No clue why it's underlined; setting is not on)

Spurgie clapping for and saying to Henry, “Good job, Henry!” almost made my icy-cold heart melt. 💙

• Love 14

Jessa definitely looked at Jill's recipe post fails.  She properly cited the source of the recipe and was still able to include a personal touch.  The pictures of the boys are cute, and she did not included a shot of any unappetizing mess.  

• Love 15
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Cute kids, but I find it rather interesting Jessa is still mainly posting the boys and barely showing Ivy. I figured Jessa would plaster her all over Instagram now that she finally had her girl. 

I wonder if she is doing these pics/videos to show that the baby isn't getting ALL of her attention.  Babies take so much time that it's nice to do something special with the older kids.  Making an activity and recording it is kind of a nice way to make memories with kids.  The SM part isn't important, but you can't take the Duggar out of the girl!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I’ve come across very few kids that don’t just pick up songs and enjoy music, singing, rhythm and movement naturally and usually doesn’t require dedicated instruction at that age. I think most kids are born with a song in their heart though some are never given a voice to sing. 

Ben does seem pretty easy going and relaxed around his kids. Derek would make me jumpy to be around and Jill is on some kind of emotional lockdown. She just looks so Vacant. Jessa seems more present and capable but I have to wonder how boring would it be for all of them in that little house all the time since Ben doesn’t even work. 

• Love 9

I think Ben does work. Probably for Boob doing renos, but it's something that gets him out of the house. We don't even know if he finished his studies at Moody. 

Jessa has been very tight-lipped about what he is actually doing.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think Ben does work. Probably for Boob doing renos, but it's something that gets him out of the house. We don't even know if he finished his studies at Moody. 

Jessa has been very tight-lipped about what he is actually doing.

Ben, a father of three, doing the same work as his younger, childless BILs is not a good thing, is it?

Quite obviously,  he does spend a lot of time weightlifting and beard grooming.

Considering the next series of marriages with the interchangable nameless, faceless boys will be even less exciting than the last three duds, the TLC  income may not be all that much.  And the real estate income spread very thin.  HRH Jessa and Bin need to look outside her cocoon and start living in the real world.   Bin has some education and once had ambition.

To the people that watch the show,  eventually their kids will no longer be as special as the endless stream of babies yet to come.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Cute kids, but I find it rather interesting Jessa is still mainly posting the boys and barely showing Ivy. I figured Jessa would plaster her all over Instagram now that she finally had her girl. 

10 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jessa definitely looked at Jill's recipe post fails.  She properly cited the source of the recipe and was still able to include a personal touch.  The pictures of the boys are cute, and she did not included a shot of any unappetizing mess.  

I suspect Jessa does compete with Jill a lot. Jessa mostly posts the boys because Jill has boys of a similar age. 

We'll see what happens once Ivy becomes older and develops more of a personality. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jesse boys look relaxed and happy. Jill’s look stressed out and Sams side eye is spectacular. 

I love how even when he is playing and Izzy looks like he's having a good time, Sam just always looks so over this shit. 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

Jessa gets a twofer with Jill. She gets to watch her mistakes on SM and then gets to do it better with her own kids. That's a win/win for Jessa.

Jessa could help Jill out and give her pointers on SM, but it doesn't appear she does that. It also seems Jessa avoids posting Jill or the Dillard boys on her own accounts. Another example of a self exclaimed uber Christian not being very Christian like.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa gets a twofer with Jill. She gets to watch her mistakes on SM and then gets to do it better with her own kids. That's a win/win for Jessa.

Jessa could help Jill out and give her pointers on SM, but it doesn't appear she does that. It also seems Jessa avoids posting Jill or the Dillard boys on her own accounts. Another example of a self exclaimed uber Christian not being very Christian like.

Jessa could help Jill, but I don't think Jill would take advice from Jessa any more than Jessa would take advice from Jill. I don't think either one is interested in taking advice from anyone -- they give advice.

It just occurred to me that they all seem so very joyless. Jessa takes tons of photos of her cute kids, and she seems to be a more relaxed and involved mother, but she certainly never comes off as light-hearted or happy. Jill takes tons of pictures of herself with a giant smile plastered on her face, but she never seems happy, either. Josh, Jana, and Josiah also constantly look like they're just phoning it in..

I remember reading that Puritans were often depressed -- or fluctuated between wild elation and depression because of their obsession with God and predestination. They were constantly examining themselves and trying to determine if they were saved or damned. I think it's possible that whatever internal life the Duggar gen2 kids have, it's all about examining whether or not they believe that they are truly saved and whether or not they are faithfully following all of the rules necessary to be a good Christian (Gothardite).

Edited by cmr2014
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14

The boys room? Since when did the boys have a room? The first picture looks an awful lot like Jessa's & Ben's "minimalist" dorm-room bed. And the last pic looks like the living room throw rug.

Is Jessa playing games again?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 8/30/2019 at 12:54 AM, cmr2014 said:

I remember reading that Puritans were often depressed -- or fluctuated between wild elation and depression because of their obsession with God and predestination. They were constantly examining themselves and trying to determine if they were saved or damned. I think it's possible that whatever internal life the Duggar gen2 kids have, it's all about examining whether or not they believe that they are truly saved and whether or not they are faithfully following all of the rules necessary to be a good Christian (Gothardite).

They protest otherwise so much it's easy to forget that, even beyond the puritanical "I'm-a-terrible-sinner"-said-the-five-year-old crap, the Duggarlings, one and all, grew up in very depressed and depressing conditions.

Their parents, the Gothard cult and reality TeeVee fame are all soul killers individually. Combined, they're nearly lethal, in my opinion.

They entirely deprived the kids of privacy, emotion, curiosity, socialization, honesty, individuality, awareness, autonomy, friendship, growth, openness, creativity, nurturing, education, opportunities, futures, hope for this life rather than just the next and any vistas beyond their noses (and I don't care that they've visited world capitals and been SO many places! -- they went to those places with some of the most controlling arrogant intolerant insular ignorant people in the world, so they actually gained little or nothing). 

No wonder so many of them look to be mostly just going through the motions. 

And I don't think it'll necessarily get better for most of them as time goes on. A lot of robots-for-life in this crowd. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

I think Ben has more common sense than Jessa and he is the one coaching her a bit on how to manage the social media presence. 

After Jessa got dragged through the mud for her poopy diaper collection, Ben might've started to realize that his Hot Duggar Girl needs some direction.  Maybe Jinger gave her a few tips? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The boys room? Since when did the boys have a room? The first picture looks an awful lot like Jessa's & Ben's "minimalist" dorm-room bed. And the last pic looks like the living room throw rug.

Is Jessa playing games again?

I’m guessing the boys room is the other bedroom? Perhaps they decorated? Got the boys new beds etc it’ll be shown on an episode of counting on 😴

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Puffin said:

I’m guessing the boys room is the other bedroom? Perhaps they decorated? Got the boys new beds etc it’ll be shown on an episode of counting on 😴

henry has his picture over a full or queen bed and spurge has his over a toddler bed shoved between a corner and what appears to be a closet door?

If this is the second bedroom it still has a large bed in there. Most likely for whichever sister mom has been sent to help Jessa after Ivy's birth

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

henry has his picture over a full or queen bed and spurge has his over a toddler bed shoved between a corner and what appears to be a closet door?

If this is the second bedroom it still has a large bed in there. Most likely for whichever sister mom has been sent to help Jessa after Ivy's birth

Huh, and then a crib too. It hardly seems that bedroom would be big enough for a crib and two beds.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, and then a crib too. It hardly seems that bedroom would be big enough for a crib and two beds.

Or, the crib is in Jessa's room and Henry sleeps in it there while Ivy co-sleeps with Jessa and Ben.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Or, the crib is in Jessa's room and Henry sleeps in it there while Ivy co-sleeps with Jessa and Ben.

...and speaking of Ivy. Is it just me or is she very very conspicuous by her absence?

Is she gonna be one of those later kids who's absolutely nowhere in the family album? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Madtown said:

A couple pics and a speed up video.

This is a cute picture of Spurgeon. He looks genuine happy and excited with his super-hero self. I hope that he keeps this memory bright and shiny when he looks back on his childhood full of "witnessing" and public admission of his sinful nature, and fake smiling for the cameras, etc.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

...and speaking of Ivy. Is it just me or is she very very conspicuous by her absence?

Is she gonna be one of those later kids who's absolutely nowhere in the family album? 

Not quite getting Ivy's absence. I mean Jessa has a phone at her disposal to take a picture when ever she wants. I find it a little odd. Stay at home mom. First girl. Camera at the ready. Curiouser and curiouser.

Maybe Felicity is too cute in comparison for Jessa? The opposite of when Jinger and Jessa were babies?

• Love 4
On 8/29/2019 at 10:36 AM, Madtown said:

Picture and video.

They really are cute boys.

What a bunch of baloney. Michelle's culinary efforts were casseroles made with starch, salt, and fat. If pancakes ever appeared in that house (frozen from Aldi's), the smart kids would grab one and stuff it down without chancing a wait on the little bottle of fake maple syrup to make it around the table. Jill's recipes, however disgusting, are better representations of what the Duggars ate. Nice try, Jessa. But we saw your family growing up on television. 

• Love 20