Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/16/2019 at 5:41 PM, BigBingerBro said:

It is 6/25 11:00 Eastern - 30 minutes sandwiched between a new episode of Sweet Home Sextuplets and Say Yes to the Dress.

On 6/17/2019 at 4:33 AM, Albanyguy said:

Wow, that is a sure sign that the Duggar franchise is losing steam.

Yes. Only thirty minutes. And we know that the producers of this show are not shy about padding and stretching a few minutes' worth of actual (if nothingburger) content into a full hour episode. Either they aren't trying anymore, or TLC's not giving them an hour just for a birth.

7 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Maybe Jessa needs to up her game and get pregnant with high order multiples so that TLC will pay attention again. Sextuplets are all the rage! 

Oh, for sure, Jessa needs to step up her game if she wants the spotlight back, but short of multiple births, what can she do? She has younger, fresher sisters-in-law who are new to the lineup, her hot days are behind her, and nobody cares that a nearly 30 year old is having her third kid (yawn) which is nothing notable in the Duggar breeding sweepstakes. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Yes. Only thirty minutes. And we know that the producers of this show are not shy about padding and stretching a few minutes' worth of actual (if nothingburger) content into a full hour episode. Either they aren't trying anymore, or TLC's not giving them an hour just for a birth.

Oh, for sure, Jessa needs to step up her game if she wants the spotlight back, but short of multiple births, what can she do? She has younger, fresher sisters-in-law who are new to the lineup, her hot days are behind her, and nobody cares that a nearly 30 year old is having her third kid (yawn) which is nothing notable in the Duggar breeding sweepstakes. 

Jinger's birth special was also 30 minutes and I think Joy's and Kendra's were also. Jessa is 26, which is not nearly 30. Jana is 29.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Jinger's birth special was also 30 minutes and I think Joy's and Kendra's were also. Jessa is 26, which is not nearly 30. Jana is 29.

They had initial half hour specials to tide over the masses, but they eventually had hour episodes during their respective seasons.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

It is 6/25 11:00 Eastern - 30 minutes sandwiched between a new episode of Sweet Home Sextuplets and Say Yes to the Dress.

Jessa has a long awaited girl- then botches the birth, Jinger dyes her hair, Grandma dies tragically, and now she gets THIS! God hates you and is actively thwarting you, Jess. Good.

This time slot is liek when CBS put the original Star Trek on Friday nights. No one's gonna see Ivy's birth.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Jessa has a long awaited girl- then botches the birth, Jinger dyes her hair, Grandma dies tragically, and now she gets THIS! God hates you and is actively thwarting you, Jess. Good.

This time slot is liek when CBS put the original Star Trek on Friday nights. No one's gonna see Ivy's birth.

And nobody cares!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

And nobody cares!

That's what really chaps her ass. 9 months ago everyone joked that Jessa got pg to save the series - now ther's like four or five pregnancies, that keep coming in waves. Jessa is irrelevant!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

And nobody cares!

Come on you know you want to know what happened after Ivy’s birth, yes she was probably bleeding heavily (just like after Spurgeons birth) but I still wanna be nosey and see what happens, mainly I just want to see the look on these idiots faces when Jessa is carted off to hospital again, they might actually give birth in a hospital next time. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Don’t they usually add the birth to a regular episode during a future season after airing the birth special?

I’m honestly surprised that they don’t do a combination special for both Ivy’s birth and Mary’s death linking them by celebrating both the beginning and end of life. 

• Love 8
On 6/9/2019 at 7:26 PM, doodlebug said:

Well. Lady Jane Grey was brutally beaten by her parents until she agreed to their scheme to put her on the throne when Edward VI died.  They then abandoned and betrayed her to save their own hides when Mary Tudor became Queen instead. She ended up decapitated while mom and dad lived.  So, since her parents treated her like chattel and abandoned her for their own self interest; Lady Jane Grey did have a lot in common with the Duggar daughters.  

I agree, Elizabeth I wasn't nearly deferential enough to the men in her life to be a heroine to the Duggars and their ilk.  They do seem to revere her mother, Ann Boleyn, though,  She, of course, also was pushed by her parents to become Henry VII's mistress and eventually his wife.  Then, when she failed to produce a male heir; they also denounced her and her brother and allowed both to be executed while they escaped the King's wrath relatively unscathed.  I sense a trend here.

I thought her dad got executed later on 

2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I thought her dad got executed later on 

He did, but not for his part in trying to put Lady Jane on the throne in place of Mary Tudor.  Despite escaping with his head after the first debacle, he continued plotting to try to overthrow Mary Tudor and, eventually, she had him executed for treason around year or so after Lady Jane was beheaded.  He was a pretty rabid Protestant and was opposed to Mary's Catholicism, and, particularly, her marriage to Philip of Spain. He was also very power hungry, too, of course.  He wanted to overthrow Mary before she and Philip could have kids which would've probably brought England back to Roman Catholicism for the long haul.  If only he had known that Mary wasn't going to have any kids and would die young, leaving her very Protestant sister, Elizabeth, on the throne.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

She gets the new Kate Gosselin show kiss of death time on TLC.  

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, not you again said:

I must hear this, lol.  Can someone point me in the direction of this episode? I assume it was Counting On and not 19 K&C, but season 1 or 2? Which episode?  The episode names don't really help. Thanks.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Time for them to head to a country where IVF and surrogacy is largely unregulated so Jessa can stay relevant by being the next Octomom.

I'm sure they'll find a way to say that it was natural and all God's Will.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Oh I guarantee they're putting together a life and death episode as we speak. Plus Ivy being born on Mary’s birthday ... I’m sure they have a lot of footage of that. 

Multiples, makeovers, and moving.  That’s what gets ratings. Blonde Jessa is pregnant with triplets and buys a new house ! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Am I the only one who thinks Jessa went to hospital even before the acutal delivery? Based on the episode description I feel something happened during the contractions

I could be wrong and I'm too lazy to check, but iirc when they announced the birth they specifically said that she was born at home. If they called paramedics before delivery, then it's possible EMS got there after or just in time for the delivery.

The Duggars lie all the time but not THAT blatantly. If they said she was born at home, then she likely was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Am I the only one who thinks Jessa went to hospital even before the acutal delivery? Based on the episode description I feel something happened during the contractions

It's possible that the episode will be all about fuzzy generalizations and cover-ups about what if anything really went wrong (or was going in the wrong direction) that caused them to call paramedics. Jessa loves to be mysterious and to be considered The Hot Duggar. She seems most alive when the camera is focused only on her for a TH. OTOH they may not be able to cover up the facts.

I'm sure Jessa HATED that the whole world knew that her first delivery wasn't 100% Perfect. I'd bet the rent that she was over the moon that Henry's birth was all handled at home. If they had to call paramedics for or after Ivy Spice's delivery, that would take her down a peg. Of the three Duggar daughters (not DILs) who tried home births, she's the only one so far who actually delivered at home. I think she secretly (or maybe not so secretly) savors her superiority over Jill and Joy in this respect.

Especially Jill The Midwife and her medical things. TBH if Jill were my sister and had ended up with TLC filming and airing the many details of her own incredibly botched first labor and urgent unplanned C-section? I'd move heaven and earth to avoid anything like that for my own pregnancies. I think Joy was happily oblivious and just thought she'd be fine delivering at home. I think Jinger (AND Jeremee) were bright enough to see all those effed-up home delivery attempts and said, NO WAY. I think Jessa's vain enough to think, nah, that won't happen to me - even after she bled out dangerously after Spurgeon was delivered. If that's what happened again with Ivy she's probably really p*ssed.

If they've said Ivy was born at home, I'd hope they aren't lying about it. 

Edited by Jeeves
typos
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I'm sure Jessa HATED that the whole world knew that her first delivery wasn't 100% Perfect. I'd bet the rent that she was over the moon that Henry's birth was all handled at home. If they had to call paramedics for or after Ivy Spice's delivery, that would take her down a peg.

It's an interesting conundrum (if any Duggar is watching this board; I know you don't recognize big words like this but it's safe to look it up it's not a bad word)....anyway for Jessa who seems high on the craving media attention scale she has to be 50/50 on it - part of her wants to show off the perfect I can give birth at home, it's all: I am doing what women are designed to do, all that hospital and doctor fuss is for people who don't trust god to see them thru.  Then there's the other part:  I am worthy of being on TV, I bring in the ratings, people can't wait to see what I'm up to and wow, look, a dramatic emergency during birth that you can advertise and replay and cut to commercial at a cliffhanger moment won't that have people watching in droves this show just can't do without me.

Her need to prove her birth plans are the only right way must smack right against her need to be seen.  I bet she did hate the problems in Spurgies delivery but I'd be just as willing to bet she saw ALL of the monetary potential in that dramatic little story.  And honestly I don't think it matters either way - if she went to the hospital with Ivy, if she was told she's at a bleeding risk and she gets pregnant again down the line she'll go for that home birth yet again no matter what.  I think that's the only thing that makes Jill different and with her we'll never really, really know but I have no doubt something big happened with Sam, something completely out of their control and they were told no more if you want the Mother to live (now whether that means they use a rhythm and cycle method, actual BC, Derrick got snipped or, worst case scenario the complications meant a hysterectomy for Jill...that we'll definitely never know).   We seem to believe Jill can't have more kids, Jessa can but she will insist to the ends of the earth on doing it her way on her terms and physician advice be damned.

As for Ben and his schooling - I remember an episode when Jinger & Jer were moving into the apartment and Jessa and Ben came to help them.  Ben actually brought books with him and at one point was standing in the corner studying while the others were decorating.  There was more than one moment where he was caught with a look of annoyance on his face as though he really did want to concentrate on learning and the show, the decorating and the trip itself were in the way.  He seemed so committed then I had high hopes for what that would mean in the future but it all seems to have fallen apart or at least they're not talking about it anymore.  Either he washed out or he changed to a "secular" study and they don't want to admit he might end up with a normal everyday non-godly blue collar job in the end.

• Love 6

There'd definitely going to be some selective storytelling with regards to Ivy's birth. My guess is they'll frame the hospital trip as a check-up type deal rather than a necessity due to heavy bleeding or Jessa needing some repair work. They'll never admit she had inadequate care.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, not you again said:

OH LAWD they only played a portion in the birth episode.  She makes me ill.  😠

Thanks for posting this!

Here's a real crazy question. Who checked to see if her uterus was hard as Michelle said? Wouldn't that be done by a medical professional? Did Ben do it? Did Michelle? Wouldn't said medical professional be the person making the phone call? All of that being said... "Where are the freaking professionals!?"

• Love 1

@sigmaforce86, you really nailed it regarding Jessa's conundrum (yeah, a big word, Duggars! 🤣) between wanting to be seen as perfect and just wanting to be seen at all. And, I agree that Jessa is highly unlikely to take any medical advice that doesn't agree with her determination to be the Queen of Home Birthing. 

• Love 1

So it’s apparent that in the fucked up warped Duggar worldview, babies are God’s merit badges. So by extension, since God sent this stamp of approval, they expect the births to be quick and easy? The Celestial Amazon Prime?

I just keep trying to figure out why they keep doing this. At some point, unless EMTs and emergency admissions are super cheap in Arkansas, it would be easier and less expensive to dunno, go to the hospital when you’re having a baby.

At this point, if I’m running emergency services there, the Duggars get charged triple.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, jcbrown said:

MEchelle's "keeping sweet" during that entire call makes me want to slap her.

Ok I don’t like this woman but her “being sweet” on the phone to an emergency operator is 100% better than someone screaming their head off and you can’t get any information out of them because they’re panicking. Michelle’s voice does sound rather creepy though.

• Love 7

Since Jessa is not using common sense, Bin needs to lay down the law and insist on no more kids or at the very least, only hospital births from now on. No wonder he looked mad during their first family photo. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

One of these days they are going to call EMS and they might just be busy with other calls and won't make it in time. Stop utilizing resources for dumb shit you can control. Jesus can't fix your kind of stupid Jessa.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Readalot said:

Since Jessa is not using common sense, Bin needs to lay down the law and insist on no more kids or at the very least, only hospital births from now on. No wonder he looked mad during their first family photo. 

Ben lay down the law lol 😂 this is not gonna happen, Jessa is the boss and if dumbo wants to labour at home that’s where it’s happening. 

Edited by Puffin
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Ok I don’t like this woman but her “being sweet” on the phone to an emergency operator is 100% better than someone screaming their head off and you can’t get any information out of them because they’re panicking. Michelle’s voice does sound rather creepy though.

Oh, I agree with you there but MEchele sounds so robotic and I believe it is because of her programming about suppressing genuine feelings.

• Love 3
(edited)

Small summary: part 1

Jessa says that she planned on giving birth in a suite at the hospital with a midwife. Things changed when her water broke 10 days early and her midwife was out of town.

Her backup plan was to call another midwife and do a home birth.

Jill shows up to help with the birth and she films much of the footage on a phone. Bet she loved being back on tv.

Si and Lauren hurry to fly back Jana and Mullet in time for the birth.

Jessa drinks castor oil and goes over to the big house to walk up and down the stairs to make contractions come quicker. 1pm~ 

When they do she heads back to her house.

A midwife arrives when Jessa is ready to push and she gives birth on her livingroom couch. 

Jessa does not stop bleeding after delivery so they call 911. Paramedics arrive and take Jessa. 

Ben and Jill pack a few things and get ready to go to the hospital with the baby so that Jessa can nurse her.

Bin says it's a girl.

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 11
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

And yep, Jill is right there. These people are the dumbest.

Firstly why was Jill even there? I don't think she was that helpful, Secondly the way she spoke to Ben like hes 5 years old ''Benji is going to see wifey now'' 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Part 2

Jill is filming herself on the way to the hospital. Says Ben and the midwives are bringing the baby over.

Jessa is given pitocin and does not need a transfusion. 

Mullet, Jana, Lauren, and Si arrive at the hospital. 

Jessa facetimes her family and announces it's a girl named Ivy Jane. They are on the stink bus back from the wedding. 

She stays overnight at the hospital. 

The next day the family come over to meet the baby. Jessa tells Grandma she has a birthday buddy.

They take a bunch of pictures with Grandma holding the baby. 

At the end of the episode it says Mary passed away 2 weeks later. 

There is an In Loving Memory at the end with her picture.

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 10
  • Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Damn. They’re going to have to burn that couch.

Or at least bleach it. 

This is another reason to give birth in a hospital they are used to blood etc and you doesn't mess up your furniture, also PAIN RELIEF. Does Jessa not want some pain relief FFS! I want some just watching her give birth. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Damn. They’re going to have to burn that couch.

They had one of those doggy pee pads underneath her. Nothing a little Fabreeze can't fix. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2