Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I don’t know if it has been mentioned in reference to that picture but Jessa’s feet!

I wasn't sure if her big toe has toenail fungus or if it's painted a different color!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, louannems said:

I wasn't sure if her big toe has toenail fungus or if it's painted a different color!

It’s painted the same color as the other toes, but the dark couch is casting a shadow which makes it look darker.  At least that’s how I’m seeing it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Patricia07 said:

Didn't Mike Seewald push for this marriage?  I wonder what he was thinking.

$$$ at the time. The Duggars weren't even at their peak when Ben and Jessa started courting. The most watched episode prior to Ben and Jessa's courtship episode was the Jubilee episode with 1.74 million viewers.

Ben and Jessa's courtship episode was the first episode to hit the 2 million viewer mark. Their wedding episode is still the most watched episode of 19 K&C with 3.5 million viewers.

Obviously the gravy train didn't continue on due to a certain cretin named Josh. I think Mike thought it would.

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Except that wouldn't require an IV pole which was in the picture.

Nor the apparent fetal monitor cabinet in the  background. A pediatrician or family doc doesn’t need them and an OB doc’s office wouldn’t have the fancy built- in kind like that.  They were probably   at a regular hospital, maybe a really nice birthing center, ie not the one we’ve seen before which is just a house where birth happens, nota medical facility.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

They do to me as well unless they are related to me.  Even then, newborns are so boring.  

Ha, I was going to say all of my brothers’ kids have a certain look about them, but that my just be my primal instincts kicking in. 

• Love 2

Argh. Ben, the beard, just no. Trim it up. Your absolute limit should be angsty Steve Rogers length, and even that is pushing it. (If Jessa doesn't let Ben watch Avengers movies, I'm genuinely sad for him. I think he's my new pet fundie.)

• Love 4

And I am furious with myself that after reading this thread for nearly 4 years, I still forgot "very bad" and missed completing the book title correctly while watching Jeopardy today. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

It’s painted the same color as the other toes, but the dark couch is casting a shadow which makes it look darker.  At least that’s how I’m seeing it.

I don't really see where there is a particularly clear photo of it, but it also looks as though she might have dropped something on it an bruised it - or just stubbed it really, really hard, which is fairly easy to do when you are pregnant and can't see your feet.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Portia said:

Big-ass bow notwithstanding, it makes me so happy to see little Ivy in that green outfit instead of some frilly pink getup.

The pinker the better IMO.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, louannems said:

I read the comments.  I can't help myself!  Jessa answered that Ivy's ivy-green onsie is  an Amazon Kickeepants outfit.  So I looked and a single onsie costs from $29.99 to $59.99! Of course they are organic bamboo.

Also, Alyssa Bates Webster tells Jessa that she will just love buying bows and pink.  Gag!

I’m guessing Jinger will send her some of Felicity’s clothes and bows. Doubt Jinger is going to drag everything to California 

• Love 5

Bin is 24 years old....3 kids, a wife, no job, no marketable skills and 100% dependant on Boob... Whatever will he do when this shit show ends?  Boob looks out for himself...if he is the only one with access to the Duggar money those kids are screwed.

• Love 19
(edited)
19 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Joy is going to have a miserable summer being that large already. 

Kendra looks cute. She looks like she could be going to work in an office in that outfit.  

I wonder if Joy is also helping flip a house as well as living in the RV,and she got to watch Gideon, poor girl.

34 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Bin is 24 years old....3 kids, a wife, no job, no marketable skills and 100% dependant on Boob... Whatever will he do when this shit show ends?  Boob looks out for himself...if he is the only one with access to the Duggar money those kids are screwed.

Ben does have a job..well according to Jessa he does but I actually believe her. But whatever he’s doing hopefully it’ll support the football team he wants.

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Puffin said:

I wonder if Joy is also helping flip a house as well as living in the RV,and she got to watch Gideon, poor girl.

Ben does have a job..well according to Jessa he does but I actually believe her. But whatever he’s doing hopefully it’ll support the football team he wants.

His job is to please Jessa and JB.

Re: Ben & work

Jessa hasn't said which makes me think she is embarrassed or maybe MAYBE Ben is keeping something private and off social media???????????????  

I know we wonder how Ben will support his family when the shit show ends but seriously, isn't Ben in school?  He has an Associates degree, which is more than the genetic Duggar males. We suspect they are getting paid for the show. They don't live a lavish life. They are in a house, small, but a house. 

I really think Ben and Jessa will be OK. Not wealthy but I think Ben will come through. Ben is my favorite Duggar BY FAR.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Abstract said:

And I am furious with myself that after reading this thread for nearly 4 years, I still forgot "very bad" and missed completing the book title correctly while watching Jeopardy today. 

I got it because of this thread. Y’all teach me so much. 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Re: Ben & work

Jessa hasn't said which makes me think she is embarrassed or maybe MAYBE Ben is keeping something private and off social media???????????????  

I know we wonder how Ben will support his family when the shit show ends but seriously, isn't Ben in school?  He has an Associates degree, which is more than the genetic Duggar males. We suspect they are getting paid for the show. They don't live a lavish life. They are in a house, small, but a house. 

I really think Ben and Jessa will be OK. Not wealthy but I think Ben will come through. Ben is my favorite Duggar BY FAR.  

You have a favorite Duggar? Be still my heart!

(edited)
10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

You have a favorite Duggar? Be still my heart!

😄

Does it still count? Ben is not a genetic Duggar. 

Edited by Marigold
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Did Jessa actually say Bin had a non-Duggar job or did she just leave a snarky "Yes, he works!" reply when questioned on Instagram, which could mean anything? When we left off, Bin was doing the homefooling at the TTH, so I'm a bit skeptical.

The Duggars, and especially Jessa, are famous for half-truths and lies by ommission. Take anything that comes out of their mouths with a grain of salt.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 22
40 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Did Jessa actually say Bin had a non-Duggar job or did she just leave a snarky "Yes, he works!" reply when questioned on Instagram, which could mean anything? When we left off, Bin was doing the homefooling at the TTH, so I'm a bit skeptical.

The Duggars, and especially Jessa, are famous for half-truths and lies by ommission. Take anything that comes out of their mouths with a grain of salt.

Ben works for JB doing whatever JB wants (which may include tutoring the little kids and Tyler). JB probably pays him from Duggar LLC so that he can legitimately say he works. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Ben "taught" one project. I doubt he's there every day with a lesson plan geared towards students from what, 3rd to 9th grades? Right. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ben "taught" one project. I doubt he's there every day with a lesson plan geared towards students from what, 3rd to 9th grades? Right. 

And it'd better be 10th or 11th grade by now. Justin's 16, and you have to still be "in school" in Arkansas at that age. 

Of course, it's not as if anybody has ever provided appropriate lesson plans daily for Duggar kids. Maybe now they figure it's fine if Bin shows up every week or two and teaches everybody to add again. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Ben works for JB doing whatever JB wants (which may include tutoring the little kids and Tyler). JB probably pays him from Duggar LLC so that he can legitimately say he works. 

Do we know for sure that is his only "job"?

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Do we know for sure that is his only "job"?

I don't think we know whether it even is his job! Let alone whether he has another one....! Maybe he's JB's chief weed-whacker operator or something...

At one point a year or so ago, didn't we hear that he had some kind of time-limited church internship connected with his studies at Moody? 

That led me to think that if he had an actual full- or part-time or even temporary job outside JB's empire, they'd mention it because it'd be a step on the road to his being an adult person starting some sort of career so he could support his growing family.....I would think Jessa would want to show people that that was true. But maybe she doesn't? (Why wouldn't she, though? maybe because she goes with the JB, M and Gothard "principle" that it's best to work only for your own relatives? (or in-laws???)) 

In any case, nobody seems to report hearing anything about a job of any kind or duration...which makes me think that at this point he's probably just doing property-maintenance stuff for JB. But who the heck knows?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
(edited)

I remember  there was some speculation about Ben's job about a year ago.  Jessa had posted something vague about Ben being at work and it was a topic of conversation for a day or two.

He does have an associate's degree.  It isn't totally implausible that he has a part-time job in an office somewhere that allows him to be available for filming.  We don't know every detail of their lives.  

Also, if he does have a job, it is entirely possible that his employer does not want to be associated  with the show or the Duggars and he is being discreet.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 15
(edited)
35 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I remember  there was some speculation about Ben's job about a year ago.  Jessa had posted something vague about Ben being at work and it was a topic of conversation for a day or two.

He does have an associate's degree.  It isn't totally implausible that he has a part-time job in an office somewhere that allows him to be available for filming.  We don't know every detail of their lives.

Well, what I remember is that somebody asked Jessa on social media "What's Bin up to these days?" or something like that.

And she snapped back that they were more in love than ever. 

So I read that as angrily evading what seemed to me to clearly be a question about what he was working at -- full-time school, school and a job, etc.!

And I couldn't figure out why the heck you'd so snippily evade that question.

Why wouldn't you simply say, "Oh, he's got a part-time job while he's taking classes" or "He's working hard to finish up his degree" or something. 

I mean, I'd never go on social media and ask people questions about their lives. But Jessa's on there apparently welcoming comments and questions, as long as they're ones she likes. 

And I couldn't figure out why that would be a question you'd refuse to answer.

(There was some indication that she thought the question meant something harassing despite the fact that it wasn't phrased like a harassing question.....But it seemed to me that possibly the best way to shut that down would be to simply give a straightforward but non-detailed answer to the apparent question. - "What's his daily occupation?"  -- Not sure why you'd start giving an apparently unsolicited testimonial to the strength of your marriage instead.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

Maybe Ben realizes the Duggars are super controversial and not want his employer or church affiliation associated with the Dugg Life. 

Seems his sisters and father have stepped back from Duggar fame. Maybe His dad and sisters pointed out a few things at a Seewald family dinner. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Maybe Ben realizes the Duggars are super controversial and not want his employer or church affiliation associated with the Dugg Life. 

Seems his sisters and father have stepped back from Duggar fame. Maybe His dad and sisters pointed out a few things at a Seewald family dinner. 

Could be. But I actually think it's more likely that the Duggars are the ones who dumped Mike Seewald!

I think he figured he'd be visible in the show and their world -- but TLC made him sit in the back row behind Jim Bob at his own son's graduation. My bet would be that the Duggars and TLC made it quite clear early on that the Seewalds wouldn't have any part in the fame or the show.

In either case, though, I don't get why the answer to the "what's he up to these days" question has to implicate anyone or anything with the Duggars?  

You can easily answer without ever naming the guy's employer or even saying what line of work they're in! You simply say something like, "He's working part-time and going to school." 

And then you've answered what was asked -- and if they ask for more details then you can ignore that request without making it seem as if the simple facts are some kind of massively touchy thing that you don't want to mention. 

It's when you don't answer at all except to say something defensive about how much in love he is, that you make things look odd, seems to me!

• Love 14

There was something - I think on an episode - where Jessa says, "... when Ben gets home from work ...". We were all like, WHAT!?!??

Something has me thinking it was the episode when they hosted some coaches for dinner. I'm really unsure though.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

There was something - I think on an episode - where Jessa says, "... when Ben gets home from work ...". We were all like, WHAT!?!??

Something has me thinking it was the episode when they hosted some coaches for dinner. I'm really unsure though.

Yeah, I seem to remember hearing about that episode, too. 

I assume he works at something, but I don't see why it couldn't be a regular gig with Jim Bob, since he probably is doing classes part time. He could have regular slate of maintenance stuff and paperwork he does for various properties or something. That'd be as respectable a job for him as other Jim Bob-related jobs are for the Duggar sons, seems to me.  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I seem to remember hearing about that episode, too. 

I assume he works at something, but I don't see why it couldn't be a regular gig with Jim Bob, since he probably is doing classes part time. He could have regular slate of maintenance stuff and paperwork he does for various properties or something. That'd be as respectable a job for him as other Jim Bob-related jobs are for the Duggar sons, seems to me.  

If I'm remembering correctly her comment didn't feel wholly true - it felt, uhm, well it felt very Jessa.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Also, if he does have a job, it is entirely possible that his employer does not want to be associated  with the show or the Duggars and he is being discreet.

Would Jessa and JB allow him to work for someone who does want to associate with the Duggars because we all know the Duggars are God's answer to the universe.

13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Poor Jessa, 4 days after producing a blessing and she's not even trending on here. This thread has dropped to 6th place.

No worries. I'm sure she's already planning Seewald #4 so she can get into the "5 bumps" picture by October.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, what I remember is that somebody asked Jessa on social media "What's Bin up to these days?" or something like that.

And she snapped back that they were more in love than ever. 

So I read that as angrily evading what seemed to me to clearly be a question about what he was working at -- full-time school, school and a job, etc.!

And I couldn't figure out why the heck you'd so snippily evade that question.

Why wouldn't you simply say, "Oh, he's got a part-time job while he's taking classes" or "He's working hard to finish up his degree" or something. 

I mean, I'd never go on social media and ask people questions about their lives. But Jessa's on there apparently welcoming comments and questions, as long as they're ones she likes. 

And I couldn't figure out why that would be a question you'd refuse to answer.

(There was some indication that she thought the question meant something harassing despite the fact that it wasn't phrased like a harassing question.....But it seemed to me that possibly the best way to shut that down would be to simply give a straightforward but non-detailed answer to the apparent question. - "What's his daily occupation?"  -- Not sure why you'd start giving an apparently unsolicited testimonial to the strength of your marriage instead.)

Yep, she was Soooooo defensive when that person simply asked about Bin.

• Love 9

Here is the screenshot. The person simply asked her "Where is Ben? We don't see him anymore."

Jessa never even answered the question just blabbed on about other stuff. Surely she sees Bin 24/7 too, ya know,  since he doesn't work. 

ph7imtczs42qbwe.png.e49e2d63a28b520a5589c04431de07e6.png

• LOL 6