Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Meow25 said:

I'm not from the south, but I can state without hesitation that there WAS is a HUGE toward homebirth.  It's the whole granola mom thing.  I'm a Gen X'er, and I gave birth in the early to mid 2000s...and that is really when things like natural homebirth, anti-vax, anti-doctor, anti- circ, cloth diapering, all natural cleaning products, exclusive BF, child-led weaning, anti-eye goop...pretty much ALL things non-interventionist.  I'm not saying all of these things are bad, some certainly are, but that was def. the trend.  I will say that most of these moms that I knew were either extremely far-left leaning (think Rikki Lake), or extremely far-right leaning (The Duggars).  Basically extremists on both sides that believed that either "chemicals and the government are going to poison us".  I heard it ALL about how I was poisoning my children, and giving them the autisms,  from both my super liberal friends and my super conservative friends.  The granola trend.  

If Jessa thinks she's ON TREND, she isn't.  That trend is fading fast.  The younger moms (younger millennials) appear to be smarter than the younger Gen X'ers and older millennials.  Moms are going back to the hospitals, and back to immunizations.  

I don't believe that this is religiously motivated due to modesty.  If that were true, there wouldn't be cameras.  I believe this is a "trend" that has gone out of fashion, but in Arkansas, they are usually behind trends by a few years.  In reality, it is hardcore narcissism at it's finest.  

I'm not sure home birth is declining.  As of 2015 home births were still increasing according to an NY Times article.  I'm part of the Millennial mom generation, and the very liberal women I know are all really big into the home birth, cloth diapering, make-your-own organic baby food trends.  I know that the religious conservatives do it too, but I don't know any of those in my area.  And the moms I know who chose not to use epidurals brag about that. 

• Useful 2

Finally, mom, dad & baby.  Good to see.

My fundie relatives had their babies at home.  5 for one, and 2 for the other.  These were 10-20 years ago.  Even my religious (not fundie) mother couldn't understand it.  She was all about less suffering for the mom.  My only child was born at the hospital, and while I didn't have an epidural, at least I knew it was an option.  

Oh, Ben, I hate your beard.  Jessa needs her hair trimmed, but don't all the Duggar women?

• Love 11

The little sweetheart looks like she is saying what the hell in the second picture you are my mother please someone help me. Ben for the love of God (yes I said for the love of God) get rid of the beard. It does not make you look smart.

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's an awkward picture to me, with Jessa sitting on her leg and Ben looking very serious and disconnected.  Four days later and that's the best they can do?  Jessa looks good though.

ETA - The beard is truly awful.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 6

I don't think Ben grew the beard to look smart, I think he grew it to look older. He probably got pretty tired of telling people he was on his third kid, only to have them tell him he looked like should still be in high school.

It was the year of the bushy beards in my college this year, especially for the Freshmen. Pretty much all of them wanted to look older.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Pickles posted the pic from the hospital and some people are commenting that Jessa and Ivy might have gone in for a wellness check. To me that makes no sense, but I've never given birth so I'm certainly not an expert. 

That’s ridiculous.  Jessa had/has an IV, which she wouldn’t have had, if she’d only gone in for a “wellness check”.  

• Love 7

Is that gray in Ben's beard & mustache? Or is it just the lighting or possibly blonde highlights? 

Mr. Barb has something similar going on with his goatee. He is 59.

Ivy is a cutie. I love the picture of her sleeping. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

That’s ridiculous.  Jessa had/has an IV, which she wouldn’t have had, if she’d only gone in for a “wellness check”.  

I agree, plus isn't that the sort of thing you'd do later with your OB or (in the case of the baby) pediatrician? If you have to get confirmation from ER staff that your unlicensed midwife didn't botch your delivery, then it's probably time to reevaluate your approach.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12

Joy is going to have a miserable summer being that large already. 

Kendra looks cute. She looks like she could be going to work in an office in that outfit.  

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

And there is Lauren showing her small bump. I notice Kendra isn't doing that. Yes we know you are pregnant! 

What Lauren is pregnant?! I thought she was on her way to a possible beer gut. Thanks for letting me know.

6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

And there is Lauren showing her small bump. I notice Kendra isn't doing that. 

Also, Kendra is due one month earlier than Lauren and isn't wearing maternity clothes yet because she doesn't need to. Meanwhile, Lauren has been wearing them since the pee stick dried. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

It's an awkward picture to me, with Jessa sitting on her leg and Ben looking very serious and disconnected.  Four days later and that's the best they can do?  Jessa looks good though.

ETA - The beard is truly awful.

Jessa:  "Everything went great!  No, I wasn't in the hospital!  See - Ivy is still in her green outfit!  Nothing to see here.  Move along."

Ben's expression doesn't say "everything went great".  Color me skeptical.

• Love 15
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190530-114256_Instagram-1080x1007.thumb.jpg.75b3861ecdd4f33e7e505258b6d28aa7.jpg

Jessa is wearing the maroon dress she gave birth in. I bet she wanted a quick picture with all the gestating Duggars before she popped the baby out.

The pic is from Easter, per Anna. She also said that aside from Jessa, they're all due in November. I know that some speculated that Kendra was due sooner because she announced so much before Lauren and Joy. Now it appears she just announced super early.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Got this picture from a fan page, just read Anna's caption. This means Lauren was definitely not showing just pushing her belly out for the picture. 

Yup. This was over a month ago. Lauren was maybe 12 weeks at best.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

How do we know she had an IV?

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, KatWay said:

can't believe Jessa's kids have cute names like Henry and Ivy...and poor baby no 1 is stuck with "Spurgeon". I'd be so mad if I were him.

Who is going to tell him his name is weird? He is never going to socialize with anyone but his family, who love him and aren't going to make fun of his name. Even if he goes to the yearly Gothard he's going to around kids named Zebedee and Shekinah, who are just as sheltered as he is. By the time he's around someone who will tell him his name is weird, it will be a godless heathen and he'll ignore it because he knows that Jesus loves him best.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, jcbrown said:

We won't "meet" these new babies on the show until the kids are like two years old at the rate they air the episodes, though.

Maybe they will SORAS the pregnancies and kiddos from here on out? No one looks to be in a courtship yet and once BabyPalooza '19 is over there's only Abbie and Jinger left to feature if they are pregnant.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

What Lauren is pregnant?! I thought she was on her way to a possible beer gut. Thanks for letting me know.

Do you know it's BABY #2!!

That picture of Jessa, Bin, and Ivy is weirdly staged. I don't care for it.

• Love 10

Bin doesn't look too happy in that picture Jessa posted. Wonder if he is and they just didn't post the picture, or he wanted another boy so badly he is unhappy?

I thought he said at one time that he wanted a sports team of sons. All sons.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Joy is going to have a miserable summer being that large already. 

Kendra looks cute. She looks like she could be going to work in an office in that outfit.  

Which wasn't an option for her.  ☹️  It makes me very sad to think these girls are doing all they've been told they're capable of, gestating.  With many fertile years ahead.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

He's probably thinking about the emergency room bill uninsured Jessa just racked up.

Doing Jim Boob's chores and TLC will provide. 

Edited by babyhouseman
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

So there's head wrap #1 from Jessa's secret stash.  I said months ago she had some ferreted away.  Let the bow parade begin.  

Ben's probably just thinking "Crap, now were gonna have to actually buy girl stuff.  Maybe I can convince Jessa to cut the sleeves off the mustard cardigan & wrap around this kid's noggin.  Yeah, that's it......"

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Ben is experiencing a major reality check..  He just turned 24, has 3 kids,a stay-at-home wife, no marketable skills or education, and now possibly a hefty hospital bill.  He will be dependent on his cheapskate father-in-law for life.  

Meanwhile his sister is a police officer, and his other sister is also gainfully employed as a beautician.  That's got to smart a bit.

Didn't Mike Seewald push for this marriage?  I wonder what he was thinking.

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Ben is experiencing a major reality check..  He just turned 24, has 3 kids, a stay-at-home wife, no marketable skills or education, and now possibly a hefty hospital bill.  He will be dependent on his cheapskate father-in-law for life.  

Meanwhile his sister is a police officer, and his other sister is also gainfully employed as a beautician.  That's got to smart a bit.

The teen sister works at Chik-Fil-A, so even she's got more on the ball than Bin.

• LOL 11
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, floridamom said:

I didn't think that a seemingly healthy newborn was taken to a hospital for a well-check. That would have been done at the pediatrician's office. Something is up here and it doesn't look like Ivy needed any care; she was in Guinn's arms not in hospital garb or any monitors hooked up to her. I think it was Jessa who needed some attention. In trying to purposely dissuade the public that this was an uneventful home birth is quite dishonest of the Seewalds. They would be lying by omission and allowing the public to knowingly be misled. They also would NOT HAVE GOOD CHARACTER to allow this. They also would be hypocrites. The Seewalds really need to publicly address this and tell what happened.

Jessa is one of the biggest abject liars in the family.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree, plus isn't that the sort of thing you'd do later with your OB or (in the case of the baby) pediatrician? If you have to get confirmation from ER staff that your unlicensed midwife didn't botch your delivery, then it's probably time to reevaluate your approach.

Also the ER will send you a HUGE bill for that “check.” HUGE.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, NotFundie said:

Jessa:  "Everything went great!  No, I wasn't in the hospital!  See - Ivy is still in her green outfit!  Nothing to see here.  Move along."

Ben's expression doesn't say "everything went great".  Color me skeptical.

Bin should be worried about paying that ER bill.

• Love 11
(edited)
9 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

He had to push the marriage to stop Bin from the evil masturbation.

I'm sure DustBin still spanks the monkey, he definitely doesn't suffer from certain manly fluids backing up.

Edited by BrianJ1962
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I read the comments.  I can't help myself!  Jessa answered that Ivy's ivy-green onsie is  an Amazon Kickeepants outfit.  So I looked and a single onsie costs from $29.99 to $59.99! Of course they are organic bamboo.

Also, Alyssa Bates Webster tells Jessa that she will just love buying bows and pink.  Gag!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5