Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

The Seewalds: Benessa and The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Name... & Henry

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

My former SIL was taped giving birth.  I'm not sure if she knew her husband was going to do it, but when it came time to push, he left her side and stood next to the doctor video taping the whole damned thing.

Then he went home to where her parents were waiting and asked them if they'd like to see their newest grandchild.  He deliberately didn't tell them what he was about to do when he popped the cassette into the VCR and turned it on.  Her father was not amused.

But he wasn't done yet.  A couple of days later he took the cassette to work and took over a meeting room.  He walked through the break room asking if anyone wanted to see it.  She has had people she's never met watch her give birth.

The great philosopher Jeff Foxworthy did say that any man that wanted to film his wife giving birth deserved to have her film his hemorrhoid surgery later on!

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Oh my! Perhaps HIPPA needs to add photographers!

Oh, HIPAA does include photos. it very much includes photos. 

If a hospital posts a photo on its Facebook account that accidentally includes in the background a very distinctive (and thus easily identifiable) tattoo on a patient's arm, for example, that's a HIPAA violation unless the person has given explicit permission. 

Healthcare providers have to take precautions against patients and visitors taking and posting photos of other patients without their permission, too. They have some leeway there, because they wouldn't be directly responsible for a photo. But if the pictured person sued, the hospital or whoever would be well advised to have posted signs banning people from photographing patients other than their own families so they can demonstrate that they did what they could. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Aunt Catfish said:

Just curious...do these people charge by the hour?  Do they wait around until junior finally appears at the buttcrack of dawn?  Sounds like a strange occupation to me.

I cannot speak for them all, but the one that I know of charges a flat rate. Very expensive, like over $1000 (videographer) you get admitted and she would come by and do some shots and leave. Then you were to call when the doctor says your close. She would come back, and then again return when the family comes to meet the baby. 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Aunt Catfish said:

Just curious...do these people charge by the hour?  Do they wait around until junior finally appears at the buttcrack of dawn?  Sounds like a strange occupation to me.

So weird...all these last posts on the matter...It boggles my mind that apparently there are enough people out there who consider this sort of thing on the same level as, say, wedding pictures, that there would be not just a friend present at the birth to snap a couple of shots of the really important moments, but actual professional photographers. Heck, even my own wedding album is just a compilation of shots from the people who were there (about 40 total, but probably only 4 or 5 with cameras). Then again I AM edging toward old....

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

The only pictures I had taken were after the birth of my kids. My husband can't imagine doing that. Taking pictures or video of me giving birth. Sick. But with the Duggars, they have no morals.. They filmed Anna giving birth on the toilet. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

The only pictures I had taken were after the birth of my kids. My husband can't imagine doing that. Taking pictures or video of me giving birth. Sick. But with the Duggars, they have no morals.. They filmed Anna giving birth on the toilet. 

I don't know whether I'd go so far as to label it sick, but either seriously crunchy granola or overly self absorbed at best...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I don't know whether I'd go so far as to label it sick, but either seriously crunchy granola or overly self absorbed at best...

My 27yo daughter has a theory about this.  She thinks that young adults today, her friend group included, simply cannot handle not being the center of attention of an "event" and celebrated.  Just going along living their lives is unthinkable.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 6
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

I watched a birth/death video in an art class because some asshole thought he'd film his wife giving birth and intersect it with video of one of his parents on his/her deathbed. That birth footage was really right up in there, too, so she has had countless random strangers view that. I just remember my professor saying over and over again, isn't this beautiful, and I was like, are you on fucking drugs?

I have a friend who has a better birth video horror story. He said for his sex ed class in junior high, they had to watch a homemade birth video. He later found out it was of one of his teachers. He said every time he saw her after that, he could not unsee what he had seen. . . . 

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 8
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Zella said:

I watched a birth/death video in an art class because some asshole thought he'd film his wife giving birth and intersect it with video of one of his parents on his/her deathbed. That birth footage was really right up in there, too, so she has had countless random strangers view that. I just remember my professor saying over and over again, isn't this beautiful, and I was like, are you on fucking drugs?

I have a friend who has a better birth video horror story. He said for his sex ed class in junior high, they had to watch a homemade birth video. He later found out it was of one of his teachers. He said every time he saw her after that, he could not unsee what he had seen. . . . 

I wish someone would film his hemorrhoid surgery!

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Zella said:

I watched a birth/death video in an art class because some asshole thought he'd film his wife giving birth and intersect it with video of one of his parents on his/her deathbed. That birth footage was really right up in there, too, so she has had countless random strangers view that. I just remember my professor saying over and over again, isn't this beautiful, and I was like, are you on fucking drugs?

I have a friend who has a better birth video horror story. He said for his sex ed class in junior high, they had to watch a homemade birth video. He later found out it was of one of his teachers. He said every time he saw her after that, he could not unsee what he had seen. . . . 

Pre video there would be photos of this.  I remember being around 10 sitting in the living room of my grandparents house.  All of my Grammy's friends were there with their husbands, my parents, and the adult kids of one of Grammy's friends.  The husband of the adult kid pulls out photos of the recent birth of his son and passes around one saying look, he's crowning.  I don't know who was more uncomfortable.  The 70+ year olds in the room, my parents, or me.  SOOO not a party favor.  Perhaps this is why I don't have kids.  HA!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×