Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Ivy is probably more popular than most people think. In 2018, it was #86 on the popularity charts.

Most of the Duggar grandkids have names in the US top 1000, except for Spurgeon. 

Quoting myself, because apparently I'm wrong. MacKynzie with this spelling is also not top 1000. (Actually that surprises me, because MacKenzie with this spelling was actually in the top 1000. They rank alternate spellings separately. But many popular names have multiple spellings on the top 1000, like Jackson, Jaxon, Jaxson etc.)

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Cute kiddo and I like the name Ivy Jane. Ivy is unique and girly without slipping into "What the hell were those parents thinking?!" territory. 

A quick Google search tells me that Ivy was very popular in Great Britain in the late 1880's and early 1900's.

Also, in 1930, there was a famous MALE baseball player named Ivy Adams!!!

Edited by louannems
  • Love 2

Congrats!  When Jessa went clothes shopping for Lissy, she made a comment about possibly needing them back.  I was hoping it was just wishful thinking on her part.  Ivy is a lovely name.  Those two make good looking kids, so I am sure she is going to be a beauty.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, louannems said:

A quick Google search tells me that Ivy was very popular in Great Britain in the late 1880's and early 1900's.

Also, in 1930, there was a famous MALE baseball player named Ivy Adams!!!

I think Ivy was a not uncommon male name at one time -- around the turn of the 20th century, at the same time it was a not uncommon women's name, I guess.

The so-called "father of modern public relations" was a guy named Ivy Lee, who helped the Rockefellers successfully whitewash a ton of stuff.   ;  )

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Wow. If you don’t count the weird turban thing this is all so...normal.

Normal name. No drama. 

What is Bin putting in her Starbucks? 

(And keep up the good work, Bin.)

Also, Ivy is considerably smaller than Spurgie or even Henry (she's in the 7-pound range). I wonder if Jessa took better care of herself (diet, exercise, etc.) during this pregnancy?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

I am surprised it'a s girl.

Did she have a home birth? I can't open the article

So will Jill now dream of a girl?

Yes it was a home birth. 

From the article: 

Party of five! Jessa Seewald (née Duggar) and her husband, Ben Seewald, are now the proud parents of another little one after welcoming their third child together.

Ivy Jane Seewald was born at home on Sunday, May 26, weighing 7 pounds and 14 ounces and measuring 20.5 inches long. “She feels so tiny compared to her siblings!” the couple told Us Weekly exclusively, explaining that their sons Spurgeon, 3, and Henry, 2, were born at nearly 10 pounds and close to 9 pounds, respectively. “We’re so grateful to God for this precious gift. She is already so loved. Her big brothers adore her!”

41 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's too bad Jessa didn't go with her original instinct and call him Quincy. Quincy, Henry and Ivy would've been an adorable trio of names. They flow so well together. 

Sorry but Quincy is just as bad as Spurgeon.

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:47 PM, Farmfam said:

I’ve had 2 girlfriends this past year have a videographer present during their hospital births. When I was recently pregnant (within the year) my OB asked at a final appointment to list who would be present for the birth, up to 5 people. Many women in my circles have at least had professional photographers. I did not have either, so I can’t say what they have to sign. But it is a lie that no filming is allowed at all across the board. TV cameras I’m assuming are different, for obvious reasons. 

I think they do home births as their only way to compete with each other. Who is stronger, etc. and the lack of prenatal care. Little to any of the decisions have to do with the actual hospital or money, in my opinion. 

Many hospitals these days don't allow filming of the actual birth, but you can film anything and everything before and after.  The reason is that, sometimes things happen and emergencies come up.  Sometimes babies or moms have complications.  And, yes, there have been malpractice suits filed where a doctor had to answer to a heavily edited (by the malpractice attorney) family owned video of a birth and explain second by second, frame by frame what is happening.  And, God forbid, any member of the staff dropped an instrument or raised their voice or even called out for help as this is all 'evidence' of malpractice.  So, the 99.9% of people who would never dream of using their birth video as a weapon are prohibited from filming to protect the hospital from the 0.1% who would.  There are also a lot of idiots out there and, back in the day, when they allowed filming, I was asked to move out of the way so they could get a better shot on several occasions- just as the baby was delivering.  I politely declined, but people really do stuff like that, I've seen it.

I think they do homebirths first and foremost, because it has become their schtick. it's what they do, they do things a little differently, ya know.  Then, they can film anything and everything and have as many people and crew members as they want jammed into the room.  While many hospitals technically don't limit the numbers in the room, logistically, there is a limit to the numbers who can fit in a birthing room and many hospitals don't have the ability to easily allow people to come and go at will and a whole lot of other stuff that makes it really inconvenient to film in them.  Finally, I think they don't have typical health insurance and have to pay out of pocket for a lot of the cost of a hospital birth, and they are cheap, so they want to deliver at home to save a buck.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 6
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Many hospitals these days don't allow filming of the actual birth, but you can film anything and everything before and after.  The reason is that, sometimes things happen and emergencies come up.  Sometimes babies or moms have complications.  And, yes, there have been malpractice suits filed where a doctor had to answer to a heavily edited (by the malpractice attorney) family owned video of a birth and explain second by second, frame by frame what is happening.  And, God forbid, any member of the staff dropped an instrument or raised their voice or even called out for help as this is all 'evidence' of malpractice.  So, the 99.9% of people who would never dream of using their birth video as a weapon are prohibited from filming to protect the hospital from the 0.1% who would.  There are also a lot of idiots out there and, back in the day, when they allowed filming, I was asked to move out of the way so they could get a better shot on several occasions- just as the baby was delivering.  I politely declined, but people really do stuff like that, I've seen it.

I think they do homebirths first and foremost, because it has become their schtick. it's what they do, they do things a little differently, ya know.  Then, they can film anything and everything and have as many people and crew members as they want jammed into the room.  While many hospitals technically don't limit the numbers in the room, logistically, there is a limit to the numbers who can fit in a birthing room and many hospitals don't have the ability to easily allow people to come and go at will and a whole lot of other stuff that makes it really inconvenient to film in them.  Finally, I think they don't have typical health insurance and have to pay out of pocket for a lot of the cost of a hospital birth, and they are cheap, so they want to deliver at home to save a buck.

And what happens when something goes wrong, and the mother and baby's life is in danger. I guess common sense went out the window when it comes to the Duggars.

(edited)

Cute baby and cute name.  It seems to me that the Duggars tend to choose biblical names for boys but more trendy names for girls.  

Don't girls tend to be a bit smaller than boys, weight-wise? (statistically)

This was a very low-key pregnancy and birth.  

The big question is whether the congratulatory message from Josiah and Lauren will include a mention of their lost baby.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:55 PM, Suzn said:

When did childbirth become a performance requiring an audience?  I'm sorry - I don't understand this.

There are folks who have hair and makeup artists come in after delivery as well as a professional photo to take those 'candid' newborn photos.  There are actually folks who want a scheduled cesarean so they can plan their day. 

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:16 PM, Churchhoney said:

Oh, HIPAA does include photos. it very much includes photos. 

If a hospital posts a photo on its Facebook account that accidentally includes in the background a very distinctive (and thus easily identifiable) tattoo on a patient's arm, for example, that's a HIPAA violation unless the person has given explicit permission. 

Healthcare providers have to take precautions against patients and visitors taking and posting photos of other patients without their permission, too. They have some leeway there, because they wouldn't be directly responsible for a photo. But if the pictured person sued, the hospital or whoever would be well advised to have posted signs banning people from photographing patients other than their own families so they can demonstrate that they did what they could. 

When you go to your OB/GYN next time, look for the bulletin board with all the babies' photos, chances are, it is gone.  There was an infertility practice in NYC that was heavily fined for having babies' photos in their waiting room a few years back and most docs and hospitals got the message.  I used to have about 1100 baby/kid pics, I ran out of wall space, so I put them into digital picture frames and put them in the exam rooms and patients always commented on how much they enjoyed them. However, the rule is that, if someone can come into your office and see a photo of someone they know, that violates HIPPA, even if it is a baby pic, even if the parents gave it to you.  Every single photo I had was given to me by patients, I never asked for any, never took any myself and many women specifically told me it was for the frame.  I was told that that was not enough, I needed a signed release from every single parent of every single child or it was a HIPPAA violation.

6 minutes ago, zoomama said:

the pictures on fb show hospital gear ...iv pole etc. so i wonder what happened?

Yeah, that's not Casa Seewald.  Maybe she hemorrhaged again, that is something that can recur with other babies.

• Love 18

Such a cute baby and a nice name! We considered Ivy for one of our twin daughters. 

I also wonder what happened. She had the had the baby at home, then obviously went to the hospital at some point. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Also, Ivy is considerably smaller than Spurgie or even Henry (she's in the 7-pound range). I wonder if Jessa took better care of herself (diet, exercise, etc.) during this pregnancy?

I really don't think size is affected this way... smoking can lead to low birth weights and gestational diabetes leads to high ones, but other than that, I don't think so.

28 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I still think they are scared to death of c-sections, which limit the # of babies one can safely deliver.  And with all the talk about hospitals performing many "unnecessary" sections, they stay far away as possible.

As for the name, I am cautiously optimistic. I fear Bin will announce Ivy was the name of some horrible hateful preachers long-suffering wife.  It actually would have been a good name for a daughter of Jill, the clinger LOL

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, zoomama said:

in the picture that i can share, baby ivy is held by grandma seewald. baby's color is pretty purple.

It looks like the kind of bruising kids get from a fast labor.  Jessa's labor was only 3 hours or so, that's like being dropped down an elevator shaft for the kid, it bruises up their faces pretty good.  Her fingers are nice and pink, she's getting enough oxygen.  Since we haven't seen any pics of Jessa, she is probably the one who needed the hospital.  The baby is in regular clothes and doesn't look to have a bracelet on.  The room looks like a birthing room since there is a bottle of gel and what look like fetal monitor cables on the cabinet behind them which looks like the kind of cabinet that is used to hold fetal monitors.

• Useful 13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

If Jessa ended up at the hospital for whatever reason, she's now at 66% for botched homebirths. It's time for Bin to get a real job that comes with real health insurance. This is becoming ridiculous.

You can get health insurance without a job (not saying Ben should not be working.) Just like Deredick throwing a hissy fit because he was not given money to pay for one of his son's hospital bill while he was still working at Wally World. Ben thinks he is working because he is on the show aka TLC and Jim Bob will help him pay any of his family's medical bill. Not the brightest bulb in the bunch, but we all know how the Duggars think.

A girl child at last for Jessa. I'm sure she'll be counting down the few years from now until the day she can offload the household chores onto the kid. 

• Love 1
(edited)

No picture of Jessa. 

NOT THAT I BLAME HER! 

But those Duggars do trot out the mother asap to show off. Wonder why no Victory Photo of Jessa?  Complications?  Or is she just learning after that dreadful picture she must've been forced to take with Spurgie, pale Jessa and the bizarre white sheet. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Ah, yes. Your first little girl!

Jammed full of all the lack of potential that all women have!

Why, she can be.... uh.... the wife of....uh....just about any idiot who believes most of the crap your cult spouts about how women should sit down and shut up! 

This little girl has the potential to be just like...uh....Jessa Duggar who, uh ... once created the highest dirty diaper pile ever seen east of the Mississippi!

Or...uh... she could be just like Jana Duggar! At age 28, sharing a bedroom with 10-year-olds and cleaning her parents' bedroom for room and board!

Or Tabby Paine! Shunted into corners to do the chores nobody else was interested in and then, finally -- The Lord Is So Good! -- auctioned off in marriage to an unrepentant anal rapist! 

Yes, the world is little Ivy's oyster! We can all hardly wait to see what the Lord has in store for her! So exciting! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

If Spurgie went off into the normal world of schools and jobs he could always call himself Spur. Kind of a cute nickname. 

Isn't the baby early? I though mid-June is what was bantered about. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

The coloring is different in the Instagram post. You can kind of see Jessa behind Guinn on the hospital bed in the maroon dress.

She’s definitely in the hospital.  There’s the IV pole/IV fluid, medical equipment, etc. showing in the first pic.  Maybe Jinger talked her into having a hospital birth with an epidural this time.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, zoomama said:

in the picture that i can share, baby ivy is held by grandma seewald. baby's color is pretty purple.

I noticed that her colour seemed a bit off.  Poor little girl.  Why don't these dumbasses just have their babies in the hospital already?

• Love 4

Had my first Duggar dream that Jessa yelled at me for “allowing” a funeral procession for two young boys to interrupt her walk with Bin.  And she was gorgeous, angry and nasty in her hissy fit.  Then she goes and has a girl in real life.  Weird.  I am still shaking.

• LOL 2

She was due June 6th wasn't she? (Thought I read that somewhere on here, but I could be mistaken.) If that's right, the baby is less than two weeks early. Maybe they miscalculated her due date.

Guess I'm the only one who doesn't like the name.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I noticed that her colour seemed a bit off.  Poor little girl.  Why don't these dumbasses just have their babies in the hospital already?

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head with “dumbasses.” 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)
27 minutes ago, beckie said:

She was due June 6th wasn't she? (Thought I read that somewhere on here, but I could be mistaken.) If that's right, the baby is less than two weeks early. Maybe they miscalculated her due date.

Guess I'm the only one who doesn't like the name.

I'm not liking it, either.  But anything is better than Spurgeon.  I would have chosen a flower like Violet or Rose (I had aunts with those names.)  To each their own, I guess.

ETA:  Mr. Xword is watching Storage Wars.  There's a man named Ivy on there.  

Edited by xwordfanatik
added a remark about the name Ivy
  • Love 4

If she delivered the baby at home, she was a home birth.  Being transported to the hospital after the birth does not negate that.  I expect that's what happened if they are claiming a home birth.

• Love 12

In the pic that Jana shared I think she looks like Felecity…..I'm also wondering why they ended up at the hospital. If it wasn't filmed we'll probably never know, well unless she can share the story & get paid for it then we may be enlightened. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

So why are they calling it a home birth if they ended up in the hospital?

It’s like they have their autopilot turned to “lie.”

Another "Mother is bleeding" situation?

That technically would still put the birth at home...

• Love 5
(edited)

The Dullards were at the Seewalds' place after the golf tournament on Sunday. Baby was home then, but no sign of Jessa (per Jill's IG). Maybe they were at the hospital/birthing center earlier in the day?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

So why are they calling it a home birth if they ended up in the hospital?

It’s like they have their autopilot turned to “lie.”

20 minutes ago, Absolom said:

If she delivered the baby at home, she was a home birth.  Being transported to the hospital after the birth does not negate that.  I expect that's what happened if they are claiming a home birth.

Yes, you are right they had a home birth. But they sold their birth story to a tabloid and only gave half the story. They want all the readers - and all the people who look up to them - to think it was the smooth birth that Duggar girls deserve. By only telling half the story, they lie by omission. You and I might tell our friends “I had the baby at home but then my blood pressure went up so we went to the hospital”. They are incapable of that and they spew their half truths to the millions of readers. 

• Love 16