Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, beckie said:

I don't think Jessa would agree to be in a wedding where the dresses were cut like that. She's the frumpy one, and by now hugely pregnant. It sort of looks like her, but I'm not sure. 

I don't know, at least some of the bridesmaids dresses look to have cap sleeves and the bridesmaids over the groom's left shoulder has a pretty high lace neckline. And the way the girl on the left is standing suggests she's got a belly and is well endowed; both descriptors of Jessa's current condition. 

It very well could be Jessa but I'd bet she's not happy about it, either because she can't ever wear a dress like Jessica's or because Jessica dates to wear a dress like that. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, McManda said:

I don't know, at least some of the bridesmaids dresses look to have cap sleeves and the bridesmaids over the groom's left shoulder has a pretty high lace neckline. And the way the girl on the left is standing suggests she's got a belly and is well endowed; both descriptors of Jessa's current condition. 

It very well could be Jessa but I'd bet she's not happy about it, either because she can't ever wear a dress like Jessica's or because Jessica dates to wear a dress like that. 

Looking at the picture more closely, I do see the sleeves on that one dress, but I still think Jessa wouldn't wear a dress cut like that and the one the girl supposedly her is wearing, doesn't have sleeves or anything with their definition of modest. (That I could see, anyway.)  

Jessa can at least be smug in the knowledge that she got the better-looking groom. Bin is not even my type, but at least he has a chin.  Poor Mr. Lester needs to avoid being photographed in profile.

Who's the dumb kid with the toothpick in his mouth? It better not have been a professional photographer who let that happen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder what Jessa and Ben honestly feel about Jessica. First, what are their feelings on her learning and earning a role that historically has been considered a male role and one that requires her to dress in a uniform designed for men? Secondly, how do they feel about Jessica's choice of a revealing gown? And thirdly, what are their feelings about Jessica finding her own brief TV fame, if it's true they were featured on Say Yes to the Dress?

Do they condemn her? Pray for her? Jealous of her? 

Is Bin even allowed to have his very own feelings?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, beckie said:

I don't think Jessa would agree to be in a wedding where the dresses were cut like that. She's the frumpy one, and by now hugely pregnant. It sort of looks like her, but I'm not sure. 

It’s her, baby bump and all.  

• Love 3

Jessa's ad for Just Fab. Those are some very tight dresses. She says they aren't maternity, no point in asking for free maternity clothes anymore since she's due any day now.

1225292136_Screenshot_20190521-114929_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.37a3ae2e4b3ada6ba4a2f18fc0b79d16.jpg361218919_Screenshot_20190521-115732_SamsungInternet-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.8def1b77142a3d24b9f0f0aafed1f6ca.jpg

(edited)
33 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is this the SIL that just got married? She's done a lot with her life since Jessa was married.

jessa-seewald-wedding-dress-elegant-90-b

That one looks too young to Jessica. Ben has four sisters and Jessica is closer in age.  

Having googled to look at the full wedding party, definitely not. 

Edited by Temperance
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yup. Probably one of the older two.

19-kids-jessa-ben-wedding-07.jpg

All three of the women and the flower girl who are on the opposite side of Jill are Ben's sisters. The one who got married, has the big hair  and is standing next to Jessa. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Temperance said:

All three of the women and the flower girl who are on the opposite side of Jill are Ben's sisters. The one who got married, has the big hair  and is standing next to Jessa. 

Wow, she looks so different then. 

7 minutes ago, Temperance said:

That one looks too young to Jessica. Ben has four sisters and Jessica is closer in age.  

Having googled to look at the full wedding party, definitely not. 

That's Michelle who is 17. Jessica is 22.

She's the one who rebelled and moved out at 18 with her old boyfriend. 

Screenshot_20190521-145132_Google.thumb.jpg.0b487acb56eb5ad6e5576314b9fa261e.jpg

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder what Jessa and Ben honestly feel about Jessica. First, what are their feelings on her learning and earning a role that historically has been considered a male role and one that requires her to dress in a uniform designed for men? Secondly, how do they feel about Jessica's choice of a revealing gown? And thirdly, what are their feelings about Jessica finding her own brief TV fame, if it's true they were featured on Say Yes to the Dress?

Do they condemn her? Pray for her? Jealous of her? 

I’m so curious how they truly feel, too!  Given their choices and lifestyle, they can’t be too enthusiastic, but I bet they “keep sweet” for the cameras (and maybe to keep peace in the family).

12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I imagine they secretly condemn her, but don't vocalize it because she's family. I truly believe Jessa can't comprehend a woman who works by choice, works in a male-dominated field and enjoys doing so. The Duggar mindset is so ass-backwards I can see Jessa pitying her sister-in-law. After all, if Jessica wasn't such a heathen, she'd have a highway-adjacent Mold Pit and an unemployed boy-bitch of her very own! 

Such high aspirations!!  I wish we were all that #blessed!

• LOL 6

The Seewalds don't add up to me. Their daughter, the police officer, seems to be allowed to life a normal life with her parents' blessing. Mike Seewald treated Ben completely different in having to 'court' Jessa Duggar-style and marry quickly at 19 years old. They are hardly ever posted spending time with Ben & Jessa OR are they ever seen at Duggar family events like the other in-law parents. Why this change in lifestyle and interaction? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

The Seewalds don't add up to me. Their daughter, the police officer, seems to be allowed to life a normal life with her parents' blessing. Mike Seewald treated Ben completely different in having to 'court' Jessa Duggar-style and marry quickly at 19 years old. They are hardly ever posted spending time with Ben & Jessa OR are they ever seen at Duggar family events like the other in-law parents. Why this change in lifestyle and interaction? 

Well, I keep hoping that the whole pile of things that they saw over a few years' time involving the Duggars, the Duggars' guru Gothard, the Seewalds' guru Doug Phillips, the Josh mess, the fact that the Duggars made them sit in the back row at their own son's graduation, their kids growing up, etc., woke them up to the notion that there may be more things on heaven and earth than are dreamed of in Mike's previous philosophy..... I also hope I'm not being too optimistic when I hope that!

When it comes to the other in-laws, though, I don't know that they're seen all that much, either, are they? 

Cathy's husband was never seen, and, honestly, since she lives right there, I don't know that she was seen that much either, since she was obviously easily available, back when Jill and Der were on the show. Did the Kellers appear much, back when Josh was on the show? I don't know. 

And, more recently, I don't remember there being much more than the barest glimpses of the Caldwells.  Austin's dad? (I may just be missing something, since I don't watch....but I don't remember much being mentioned, really...)

When Lauren's mom was in a photo the other day, most people here didn't seem to recognize her. And the Vuolos have shown up in Arkansas a time or two -- for somebody's wedding besides Jer's, I think? But I think mostly they've been seen at their own home or in Laredo, haven't they? Not really at Duggar events?  And since they have a small family unlike Bin's -- and with all the kids over age 30 -- it makes sense they might travel more to see one of their three adult kids. 

I mean, right now the Caldwells and the Swansons are fresh in our minds from their own kids' Duggar weddings. But I'd actually be surprised if the Cs and the Ss kept showing up on the show with any regularity as time goes on, even though the parents are allied more closely with JB. I don't think the Duggars or TLC really sees these people as part of what they're showing.....

For one thing, seems to me TLC has pretty carefully kept the Duggars' Gothard connection under wraps since Gothard became more publicly scandalous. So I wonder whether they'll really want to parade an apparent diehard Gothardite like Swanson around. Or whether they want to show Caldwell much, either, since his anti-gay antics in Arkansas made a lot of national news at one point. 

Of course, I doubt JB and M think of any of these people as friends anyway. Do they even remember their names? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jessa's ad for Just Fab. Those are some very tight dresses. She says they aren't maternity, no point in asking for free maternity clothes anymore since she's due any day now.

1225292136_Screenshot_20190521-114929_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.37a3ae2e4b3ada6ba4a2f18fc0b79d16.jpg361218919_Screenshot_20190521-115732_SamsungInternet-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.8def1b77142a3d24b9f0f0aafed1f6ca.jpg

Boy they are some tight dresses, maternity or not.  They can't be very comfortable especially to sit in where it has to pull across the lap & butt areas.   What's with the sunglasses in the first picture? I guess she's trying to look like the cool, hip pregnant mom instead of her usual frump look. (I know people wear their sunglasses like that. I just think it looks dumb in that picture.)

• Love 8

Much prefer Joy's look than spray painted clothes.  As far as in laws, is it possible they see the in laws but we don't?  We really only see snippets of their lives and there is plenty of more time to account for.  If they don't post about the visits, we would never know who goes where and when and for how long.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jessa would probably punch me for saying this, but she looks exactly like Jill in that top picture.

I wait was thinking that myself, especially with the phone covering her mouth. She does look nice in the coral colored dress. 

• Love 3

Jessa's bridesmaids' dress was hideous.  The sight of poor forgotten Jordan holding tight to her sister mom was heart breaking. I have a feeling now that Jessa has her own children, she doesn't pay her any attention.   

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

The sight of poor forgotten Jordan holding tight to her sister mom was heart breaking. I have a feeling now that Jessa has her own children, she doesn't pay her any attention.   

Jill is the only one that seems to keep in contact with her buddy group. Or at least the only one that posts about it on social media. It may be that Jessa is over at the TTH and still interacting with her buddies so often that she doesn't feel the need for separate activities.

• Love 6

Hate to say it, but she looks like Miss Piggy in that dusty pink thing. That dress has to be the worst of all these schmattas....ill-fitting around the neck and sleeves....and then that "bandaid' wrinkling around the hips and thighs. Ugh. And aren't those the fug freebie sandals from somebody's wedding?

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

Jill is the only one that seems to keep in contact with her buddy group. Or at least the only one that posts about it on social media. It may be that Jessa is over at the TTH and still interacting with her buddies so often that she doesn't feel the need for separate activities.

Yes - there is probably a lot more they do or don't do that we don't know about if no one posts about it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Much prefer Joy's look than spray painted clothes.  As far as in laws, is it possible they see the in laws but we don't?  We really only see snippets of their lives and there is plenty of more time to account for.  If they don't post about the visits, we would never know who goes where and when and for how long.

It’s possible, but for Jessa to not even acknowledge Bin’s sister’s wedding on sm when she won’t shut up about every Duggar wedding?

• Love 12
Just now, DangerousMinds said:

It’s possible, but for Jessa to not even acknowledge Bin’s sister’s wedding on sm when she won’t shut up about every Duggar wedding?

And there's that.  Miss Jessa Blessa does like to be the center of attention. She used to be the new shiny object and now she isn't.  Must be hard for her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
(edited)
34 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

SIL gets married, Jessa posts bodycon dress pics. That's how she rolls.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 13
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, drafan said:

Hate to say it, but she looks like Miss Piggy in that dusty pink thing. That dress has to be the worst of all these schmattas....ill-fitting around the neck and sleeves....and then that "bandaid' wrinkling around the hips and thighs. Ugh. And aren't those the fug freebie sandals from somebody's wedding?

In the Instagram Story, she was showing everything that Just Fab had sent her, and how much she loves it all. She got the 2 dresses, the hat, hairband thingy, earrings, sunglasses, and 2 pairs of sandals.

And you can get it all too! Don’t forget to use code Jessa to save $$!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Jessa needs to find her style. Nothing she has tried is working.  

Frumpy-sloppy? Tight? Modern modest?  

Turthfully, Jessa would probably look the best in a nice pair of jeans.  She is struggling with the skirts/dresses.  Jinger and Jana can work a skirt/dress!  Jessa needs one of those quizzes to find out what your style is. 😉

• Love 13
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

In the Instagram Story, she was showing everything that Just Fab had sent her, and how much she loves it all. She got the 2 dresses, the hat, hairband thingy, earrings, sunglasses, and 2 pairs of sandals.

She's been taught to lie.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Does Boob get paid more for home births vs hospital births?

Hospital births are not allowed to be filmed. Hence the home births. It’s all about $ and not the health of mother and baby.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Hospital births are not allowed to be filmed. Hence the home births. It’s all about $ and not the health of mother and baby.

Plus hospitals cost money. Why pay more when you can just call Jill?

#sarcasm

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

And there's that.  Miss Jessa Blessa does like to be the center of attention. She used to be the new shiny object and now she isn't.  Must be hard for her.

Playing devils advocate here- she does have a crap ton of followers, and I am SURE jessica seewald knows about this forum and also reddit group, free jinger ect. She probably asked her not to post anything about her wedding. I'd probably do the same if I had a infamous in law standing up with snark groups about her online lol. I wouldn't want the potentially negative attention. 

That pink dress on Jessa...just NO.  the dress itself looks like cheap shit. The stripe dress I actually kind of like but does she really need to model them if its not maternity? Just lay it out nicely everyone will need to guess what it looks like anyway since she's 9 months pregnant. They has no sense FFS

• Love 15
On 5/21/2019 at 6:55 AM, beckie said:

Looking at the picture more closely, I do see the sleeves on that one dress, but I still think Jessa wouldn't wear a dress cut like that and the one the girl supposedly her is wearing, doesn't have sleeves or anything with their definition of modest. (That I could see, anyway.)  

It looks like she did that thing where she gave the bridesmaids a color and designer and let them choose their own dresses. It’s a smart way to go, especially when you’ve got attendants with different standards of appropriate dress. 

I thought the wedding dress was tacky. There, I said it. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

It looks like she did that thing where she gave the bridesmaids a color and designer and let them choose their own dresses. It’s a smart way to go, especially when you’ve got attendants with different standards of appropriate dress. 

I thought the wedding dress was tacky. There, I said it. 

The Jessica wedding dress looks like a Hailey Paige gown to me.  Guess we will have to watch SYTTD to find out.  Back when Joy Anna got hitched I was wishing she would have worn one of Hailey's designs.  She could have looked appropriately young and stylish.  Instead she opted for lace curtain church lady.  Too bad.  Oh well.

• Love 5