Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 4/15/2019 at 1:58 PM, kokapetl said:

@doodlebug It’s not unhealthy or wrong for a pregnant woman to keep to a healthy diet vs pigging out, right? 🐖 🐷 🐽 🤰🏼 👶🏼

I think Jessa is referring specifically to her pregnant belly, not necessarily weight gain, thus the discussion of birth weight. As someone who had four macroscomic babies weighing between 8 lbs 15 oz and 11 lbs, and who myself weighed 9 lbs 15 oz at birth, it is an area of interest to me. I've never seen Jessa look like she was packing on extra weight anywhere other than her belly and chest. 

I never gained more than the recommended weight and had hyperemesis, and still had giant babies. My fundal height was 5 weeks ahead with my fourth right before she was born, measuring 43 weeks at my 38 week appointment. She was born two days later weighing 10 lbs 10 oz. The midwives described my enormous belly as "pendulous". I never had gestational diabetes. My placentas weigh over 2 lbs and are incredibly efficient at feeding and growing huge babies. 

I'd be interested in seeing these women talk about how having very large babies affects a woman's recovery from childbirth. I have a "four finger" diastasis recti and got postpartum physical therapy for back pain. I know the Gothardites put a lot of emphasis on thinness, so I wonder how they handle it if their abdominal muscles separate? 

I would also hope Jessa has a hospital birth due to her history of postpartum bleeding, which is a risk with macroscomic babies because the uterus is so stretched. I had hemorrhages with my last two deliveries and needed multiple extra doses of pitocin and cytotec to get it under control. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

I think Jessa is referring specifically to her pregnant belly, not necessarily weight gain, thus the discussion of birth weight. As someone who had four macroscomic babies weighing between 8 lbs 15 oz and 11 lbs, and who myself weighed 9 lbs 15 oz at birth, it is an area of interest to me. I've never seen Jessa look like she was packing on extra weight anywhere other than her belly and chest. 

I never gained more than the recommended weight and had hyperemesis, and still had giant babies. My fundal height was 5 weeks ahead with my fourth right before she was born, measuring 43 weeks at my 38 week appointment. She was born two days later weighing 10 lbs 10 oz. The midwives described my enormous belly as "pendulous". I never had gestational diabetes. My placentas weigh over 2 lbs and are incredibly efficient at feeding and growing huge babies. 

I'd be interested in seeing these women talk about how having very large babies affects a woman's recovery from childbirth. I have a "four finger" diastasis recti and got postpartum physical therapy for back pain. I know the Gothardites put a lot of emphasis on thinness, so I wonder how they handle it if their abdominal muscles separate? 

I would also hope Jessa has a hospital birth due to her history of postpartum bleeding, which is a risk with macroscomic babies because the uterus is so stretched. I had hemorrhages with my last two deliveries and needed multiple extra doses of pitocin and cytotec to get it under control. 

You had hyperemesis but had 4 babies? I am in awe of you. Sincerely. I had hyperemesis and it led me to completely shut down the factory after Mini Mistake. There was no way I was going to be that miserable for another 9 months. You must be a really strong person to go through that more than once. 

Hasn’t it been hinted that the Duggar girls have had hyperemesis? They just call it “bad morning sickness” but both Jinger and Jill have described what sounds like hyperemesis to me. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

You had hyperemesis but had 4 babies? I am in awe of you. Sincerely. I had hyperemesis and it led me to completely shut down the factory after Mini Mistake. There was no way I was going to be that miserable for another 9 months. You must be a really strong person to go through that more than once. 

Hasn’t it been hinted that the Duggar girls have had hyperemesis? They just call it “bad morning sickness” but both Jinger and Jill have described what sounds like hyperemesis to me. 

I think the Duggar women talked about typical morning sickness and some food aversions. Even the mild symptoms they talked about seemed to be imagined or invented or at the very least exaggerated. If that had hyperemesis I'm sure we would know because they would have been wearing the badge with sacrificial honor.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I took zofran round the clock for the whole pregnancy each time, including in the iv during labor. Thankfully it worked well enough to keep vomiting down to 1-5 times a day most of the time. During my last pregnancy I tried diclegis instead, and it was completely useless. I lost 5 lbs in the middle of the second trimester thanks to that experiment. Unfortunately,  zofran has some really unpleasant side effects, too, like horrible constipation and headaches.

My mom is a real hero. She had hyperemesis back before effective meds, and still had four babies. She was hospitalized so many times during her pregnancy with me that she lost count. 

I don't think anything the Duggars have described sounds like hyperemesis. Morning sickness in the first trimester is common. Vomiting all day, every day, unless constantly medicated is not. If yours was not able to be controlled by medication, I definitely understand the decision to not have more children.

• Love 7
On 3/30/2019 at 11:42 PM, McManda said:

Indeed I am, though if you want to get technical I bought in Saline. I still tell people A2, though.

I went to school in Dexter, spent a year and a half at MSU and hated it, and transferred back home to finish out at UM. Now I technically live in Saline but work in A2.

Small world for sure!

I went to Michigan, so did my husband, daughter and grandfather. I also love Zingermans, nice to see fellow Michiganders. 

13 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

IIRC, Jessa  had excessive post partum bleeding only with Spurge which didn't stop her from having a home birth with Henry. I agree she should have hospital births with her history of hemorrhaging &  high birth weights of the Duggar grands not to mention the Duggar large head.

• Love 10
On 4/17/2019 at 10:36 PM, BitterApple said:

I think Spurge is going to go full-on Boob once he hits puberty. You can see the similarities lurking below the surface waiting for the right time to pounce. I think Henry looks exactly like Ben's mom and will probably survive the awkward phases. Jessa is a pretty girl, but Duggar genes don't hold up well for males. 

Better to look like Jim Bob, who has aged fairly well, than Michelle, who looks like she can just hop on her broom and make it home quickly if there's a good wind. To see Michelle's face on a male, just look at her oldest son, Smuggar. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 4/17/2019 at 3:18 PM, bigskygirl said:

Jessa may look okay on the outside, but she is not attractive on the inside. Ben may look okay also, but he is not the brightest bulb in the bunch.

His little light shines pretty brightly amongst the Duggar candles, though. 

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

That's absurd.

Actually, if I'm remembering correctly there's been studies about mom/baby bonding and relationships and cuteness is actually a significant factor.

Fortunately most moms have the equivalent of beer goggles with their own children.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
54 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Actually, if I'm remembering correctly there's been studies about mom/baby bonding and relationships and cuteness is actually a significant factor.

Fortunately most moms have the equivalent of beer goggles with their own children.

And for a looks obsessed narcissist like Jessa it makes sense to me.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

And for a looks obsessed narcissist like Jessa it makes sense to me.

Jessa: Mirror mirror on the wall whose the prettiest Duggar daughter of them all 

Mirror: Why it's ............

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 4/17/2019 at 9:41 PM, Christina87 said:

I've always LOVED red hair on girls. I've secretly always wanted a daughter with red hair. I had a serious boyfriend who had it, and I was so excited, because I was so close to maybe getting my wish! Lol. I just think it's soooo pretty!

I think red hair is really pretty too!! (I dont understand how it’s an undesirable trait to some people) I have some family members with red hair (creole genes and all) and I think brown babies with red hair are THE CUTEST (cough- The Sussexes may give me my wish).  

Bringing it back to Ben & Jessa, for the posters upthread commenting how cute babies can turn out to be unfortunate looking adults- there are times with male children the testosterone at puberty takes away all of the “angelic” features of their face that made them attractive children (for example- big eyes, round cheeks etc), and they don’t end up with the strong masculine features either. 

I think both Ben and Jessa are attractive and the boys will likely be so as well. I can see Jessa being the type that would not like having a daughter she found unattractive or over weight- she would see it as an embarrassment. 

8 hours ago, Heathen said:

That's absurd.

Ehhh I don’t think so. I think Jessa is just that shallow. 

I don’t think Jessa would hurt/abuse/neglect any of her children for any reason, but I think that she sees her children as an extension of herself and would be “embarrassed” to have a homely child. 

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think Jessa would hurt/abuse/neglect any of her children for any reason, but I think that she sees her children as an extension of herself and would be “embarrassed” to have a homely child.  

Absolutely!  I think she would have mixed feelings about a pretty daughter though, Competition!

• Love 12
15 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

I took zofran round the clock for the whole pregnancy each time, including in the iv during labor. Thankfully it worked well enough to keep vomiting down to 1-5 times a day most of the time. During my last pregnancy I tried diclegis instead, and it was completely useless. I lost 5 lbs in the middle of the second trimester thanks to that experiment. Unfortunately,  zofran has some really unpleasant side effects, too, like horrible constipation and headaches.

My mom is a real hero. She had hyperemesis back before effective meds, and still had four babies. She was hospitalized so many times during her pregnancy with me that she lost count. 

I don't think anything the Duggars have described sounds like hyperemesis. Morning sickness in the first trimester is common. Vomiting all day, every day, unless constantly medicated is not. If yours was not able to be controlled by medication, I definitely understand the decision to not have more children.

Yeah, zofran didn’t work for me at all. Promethazine helped a bit (instead of puking 12-15 times a day I only puked 6 or 7 times) but it made me drowsy and itchy. There were days I couldn’t get out of bed. It got so bad that I got clinically depressed and (please don’t judge me anyone) had to take an antidepressant starting in my fifth month. I lost weight. My hair was falling out. I had to get IV iron because my ferritin level went down to 5. I am blessed that my daughter is healthy and happy but, as much as I would like her to have a sibling, I just can’t do that again. 😢

You’re right though. If the Duggar girls had hyperemesis they’d be shouting it from the rooftops. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

You’re right though. If the Duggar girls had hyperemesis they’d be shouting it from the rooftops. 

But they'd have to be seen and evaluated by a medical professional to be diagnosed, which seems unlikely given their lack of appropriate medical care. 

"Really bad morning sickness" seems to support the idea that prenatal visits are few and far between. 

• Love 8
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:41 PM, BrianJ1962 said:

Jessa: Mirror mirror on the wall whose the prettiest Duggar daughter of them all 

Mirror: Why it's ............

Jennifer.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

I haven't read the comments, but let me guess, people are stroking out over the carseats.

Eta: So I read the comments, and looks like I was wrong. People are fighting over caffeine, sugar and whether toddlers are entitled to fancy drinks. Good grief. Jessa sure loves trolling, doesn't she?

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 15
25 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don't know about entitled, but not a lot of people can afford to buy Starbucks fancy drinks for their toddlers (and I'm sure Jessa got her own drink as well). Especially not unemployed young parents.

As I read her caption, he was finishing off someone else's drink, probably Jessa's. It doesn't seem that she bought him his own. That's based on the caption; no way I'm clicking on the link and reading the comments to find out more. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Yet it was Anna who commented that she hoped he’d be able to sleep later.   Guess she isn’t familiar with the no caffeine concept. 

Suggests that, unlike her sisters-in-law, Anna's not a real denizen of Starbucks.

When you see "ccino" on the end of a drink name, you figure "coffee" and, in fact, espresso, unless you're fairly familiar with the whole Starbucks menu, I think.

The "frappuccino" title is a Starbucks invention. And I'm pretty sure the frappuccinos all originally had coffee in them. They just dropped the coffee from some of them as the line expanded into additional flavors  -- probably because they're basically milkshakes and a lot of people wanted to give them to their kids? 

Cappuccino, Bambinoccino, Mochaccino -- those are the traditional non-Starbucks drinks that they derived the word "frappuccino" from, and they're all espresso-based. I have a feeling a few members of the "frappuccino" line are the only drinks in the the world without espresso in them but with "ccino" at the end of their names. 

What we know now is that Anna doesn't run to Starbucks with the Duggarling gaggle, I think. Probably can't afford to, I would guess. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12
18 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

What we know now is that Anna doesn't run to Starbucks with the Duggarling gaggle, I think. Probably can't afford to, I would guess. 

Ghost of Christmas Future for Jessa.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

om What we know now is that Anna doesn't run to Starbucks with the Duggarling gaggle, I think. Probably can't afford to, I would guess. 

Just now, JoanArc said:

Ghost of Christmas Future for Jessa.

Oh, Jessa will continue to grift Starbucks gift cards somehow. I suspect there are devout leghumpers who send little love offerings to the Duggars and though she's lost the fresh bloom of youth, Jessa's still one of the hotter Duggar daughters. 

@Churchhoney, thanks for the info on Starbucks drinks. I like coffee but not the fancy thingies on coffee shop menus so I'm clueless about the deets. All I know is they are generally packed with sugar. It's funny - people who know I like coffee - but not that I don't much like Starbuck$ coffee - give me Starbuck$ gift cards. I recently rounded up the various gift cards that I'd sweetly thanked the givers for and rarely used. I think I had about $35 worth. I'm very slowly using up the cards, generally when I'm meeting someone at a Starbuck$ anyway.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Oh, Jessa will continue to grift Starbucks gift cards somehow. I suspect there are devout leghumpers who send little love offerings to the Duggars and though she's lost the fresh bloom of youth, Jessa's still one of the hotter Duggar daughters. 

40 year old Jessa, checking the mailbox every day, hoping she came get some Chick-fil-a and a Frap. I suspect the love offerings will quickly dry up once the show mercifully ends. There's no fun in sending Jessa and her three kids a giftcard if she's a nobody. I hope she fill out a Citrus and Lemonade jumper well.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

@Churchhoney, thanks for the info on Starbucks drinks. I like coffee but not the fancy thingies on coffee shop menus so I'm clueless about the deets. All I know is they are generally packed with sugar. It's funny - people who know I like coffee - but not that I don't much like Starbuck$ coffee - give me Starbuck$ gift cards. I recently rounded up the various gift cards that I'd sweetly thanked the givers for and rarely used. I think I had about $35 worth. I'm very slowly using up the cards, generally when I'm meeting someone at a Starbuck$ anyway.

When did Jessa switch from Coffee For Life (the CHRISTIAN coffee shop) to Starbucks?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I'm with you on not being a fan of Starbuck$ (😀) offerings. I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've actually bought anything in a Starbucks.

But there's a Starbucks on the main drag just half a block from where I live, and there's been one next door to or directly across the street from the last three offices I've worked in, too. So for decades now I've been constantly walking to Starbucks so my colleagues, family members, guests and neighbors can get their fixes. I've stood around contemplating their menu quite a lot. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

I live in the Pacific Northwest now where Starbucks is considered plasma. 

We were in there a few months back on the patio where you could hear the drivethru, which is always jammed. Someone reeled off one of those insanely complex orders (grande almond milk half pump caramel chai blablabla). I swear it took nearly a minute. There was a pause, and then the employee said, “Did you want coffee in that?”

I laughed the rest of the day.

Back to Jessa. I think she’s figured out that clicks are clicks, hence the trolling.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 7
  • Love 12

The coffee-less frappuccinos have “creme” in their names.  But you can see in the photo that Spurgeon’s drink had no coffee- it was too pale. I am not a coffee fan but I do enjoy their iced teas and chai.  

Starbucks is my personal little indulgence.  I don’t go every day or even every week but I refill my card regularly and when the mood strikes I get myself something.   But I have grown kids and more disposable income than Jessa. Routine trips can add up to a substantial amount of money.  In my case awareness of  the amount of sugar in the drinks keeps my spending at a reasonable level.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 6

Does Anna maybe not drink coffee? I can definitely see money being an issue for her and a reason she wouldn't be familiar with the Starbucks menu.

However, I personally don't drink coffee, so I don't go to Starbucks and have no familiarity with their menu. Honestly just assumed there was caffeine in there until I read the comments here. I learn so much on this website. 🙂

• Love 13
4 hours ago, louannems said:

When did Jessa switch from Coffee For Life (the CHRISTIAN coffee shop) to Starbucks?

What? Is Coffee for Life a real thing? I've never heard of it. And neither has google. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Oh, Jessa will continue to grift Starbucks gift cards somehow. 

I wouldn't be surprised if she got gift cards. Kate Gosselin was open about getting them, and that's when she had a show. Now what stupid people give spoiled reality people gift cards?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

I wouldn't be surprised if she got gift cards. Kate Gosselin was open about getting them, and that's when she had a show. Now what stupid people give spoiled reality people gift cards?

Well, apparently a lot of Hollywood types get gifts from the masses, too. I figure it's the same thing ancient people were doing when they made sacrifices to the gods. 

Humans are herd animals, so we seek big leaders and do what we can to stay on their good sides. 

And when people splash around in front of us on our screens, I think it's easy for many to unconsciously take them as the leaders they seek. These screen people are not mere mortals like the people around us!

And I'm not even kidding. Because, as you say, what possible reason is there? Why the hell would people send gifts to spoiled people they don't even know? There has to be some kind of biologically driven delusion behind it, seems to me. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

What? Is Coffee for Life a real thing? I've never heard of it. And neither has google. 

Naw, they frequented Mama Carmen's. That's the place where Jinger practically OD'ed on caffeine while she and Jessa "worked" there for a day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Country life? I'm pretty sure that is Jana's chicken coop.

Without being snarky or pretend outraged .... bare feet around poultry and other animal feces ..... worms.  Please be careful.  That is why we always wore shoes around animals.

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 13
49 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Without being snarky or pretend outraged .... bare feet around poultry and other animal feces ..... worms.  Please be careful.  That is why we always wore shoes around animals.

Well, Jessa doesn't know that much about country life! 

Or...city life either, I suppose. 

She knows about Duggardom. Which is some kind of weird suburban somethingorother. And that's about it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

She knows about Duggardom. Which is some kind of weird suburban somethingorother.

At first glance I saw somethingonewrong.  I'm sticking with that😊

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 4/22/2019 at 7:04 PM, fonfereksglen said:

I’m sure the comments on her post on the bare feet will commence immediately!  😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/22/2019 at 8:27 AM, Jeeves said:

If all you’re getting is plain coffee that $35 will last you a good long while. I hate anything in my coffee. Except liquor. But you can’t get that through the drive thru. 🙂

• LOL 9
  • Love 1