Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I think Jinger must have chosen many of Jessa's better outfits back in the day. I don't hold out hope for Jessa being more tasteful this pregnancy because for one, I don't think she has a fashion gene and two, I think she enjoys wearing clothing during her pregnancies that would otherwise be considered immodest.

• Love 14
44 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jessa seems pretty insecure this time around, I think she's gonna stick to shapeless, oversized dresses. 6809488f-771d-44c5-9440-2b6f2a525fec.thumb.jpg.775030da5605286d34fc06d79643b792.jpg

Jesus, she looks just awful. This is a special occasion for her, so I would expect her to look her best. Also, Jinger is there, too. If Jessa were going to take fashion advice from Jinger, or borrow maternity clothes from Jinger, now would be the time -- and look at her.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

If I remember correctly, Kendra was pre-marriage conception. Oops!

Yep. Kendra was one of those "preemies".

Thankfully none of the Duggars know how to math so they probably haven't figured it out yet.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

That dress is from old navy!!! I have a skirt in the exact same pattern. 

She seems to like Old Navy. Nothing wrong with the dress. If she brushed her hair and had a nice little black cardigan or shrug that fit her instead of a camel grandpa sweater that looks like she stole it from an actual grandpa, she'd look just fine. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21
Just now, Churchhoney said:

She seems to like Old Navy. Nothing wrong with the dress. If she brushed her hair and had a nice little black cardigan that fit her instead of a camel grandpa sweater that looks like she stole it from an actual grandpa, she'd look just fine. 

And lose the damn leggings!

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

And lose the damn leggings!

Well, I was trying to work within her parameters!

But, yes! I think her outfit would be hugely improved if she went with no leggings and black pumps.  However, even with their "modesty" thing and the fact that she seems to wear the same pair of shoes for three or four years before moving on, she'd still look immeasurably better by just straightening the hair and switching out that remarkably non-fitting and inappropriate sweater, seems to me! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
24 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

She seems to like Old Navy. Nothing wrong with the dress. If she brushed her hair and had a nice little black cardigan or shrug that fit her instead of a camel grandpa sweater that looks like she stole it from an actual grandpa, she'd look just fine. 

I was thinking the same. The dress is cute. If Jessa styled it better and did something with her hair, she would've pulled it off well. 

• Love 6

I can't see Jinger giving up any of her maternity clothes to Jessa.  Those cute & flattering looks would either end up in the communal closet of the TTH, or balled up on the floor of Jessa's hovel.  And I can't imagine Jeremy being in favor of that kind of exchange either.  

Jessa's "looks" seems to rely on skin-tight, forgettable knits that could get tossed in the washer & dryer, if she bothers.  It doesn't look to me like she cleans either her clothes or herself very often.   She's breeding away her looks.  Good thing her appearance isn't important anymore, since she's got her husband for life.  

• Love 14
13 hours ago, floridamom said:

Jessa's expecting again? Time to go from the boxy, no shape clothing to the way too small, clingy shirts again. 

Maybe she'll be more 'modest' in her maternity wardrobe this time. She really looked awful previously.

I had forgotten just how tight her shirts were.

Screenshot_20190119-195313.jpg

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Jill was the worst when it came to those skintight shirts. I've never seen her in a top smaller than an XL, when not pregnant. 

Screenshot_20190119-182329_Google.thumb.jpg.b2cc28029567bbc63557280b79cfb125.jpg

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jill was the worst when it came to those skintight shirts. I've never seen her in a top smaller than an XL, when not pregnant. 

Screenshot_20190119-182329_Google.thumb.jpg.b2cc28029567bbc63557280b79cfb125.jpg

I think Jill looks fine. Like a “normal” 3rd trimester pregnant woman to me. 

Jessa’s top looks like she could’ve gone up a size. I guess people wouldn’t find their pregnancy looks so strange if they didn’t harp on “modesty” every moment they are not gestating. 

• Love 24
4 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

NIKE! 

Seriously how is that considered modest? We can see everything!

jill looks fine to me though her top was clearly not skin tight unlike Jessa. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 14

I remember that picture! They were in an airport, headed off to one of those Southern Women shows at which she appeared. I recall they canceled the last one which never should have been scheduled, two weeks from Spurge's due date.

• Love 2

And that picture of Jessa is the gray sweater was taken in the living room. She must have brought out a full length mirror and placed it on her couch, to get that picture. Just as intentional as Jeremy's and Jinger's photos, she just doesn't have eye for photo composition.

• Love 7

Is that a recent photo? I checked her IG account today and it's not among the recent posts. 

Edited to add: I found it. It's part of a collage she posted in January 2017 when she was pregnant with Henry: 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, truthtalk2014 said:

I see skin under that shirt - between her skirt and black bra.  Harlot!

For the Fundy world she might as well be doing a Demi Moore or Kim Kardashian naked bump picture.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

For the Fundy world she might as well be doing a Demi Moore or Kim Kardashian naked bump picture.

Well, it was rammed into their heads constantly as kids that THAT, and THAT ALONE, is woman's glory and entire worth on earth. And once that baby starts suckling you forget its name and hand it over to a seven-year-old to raise and educate. You spend your childhood and youth counting out some woman's fertility cycles on the fridge door and I guess these various neuroses and eccentricities of the Duggarling women are what you get.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
59 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Lol. Apparently she’s too lazy to take new pics for this baby?

or it’s gotten old?

Jessa hasn’t reposted this, or posted any bump flaunting pics, since the recent pregnancy announcement. Someone pulled it up and posted it here, I think in connection with the discussion of her crazy unmodest pregnancy wardrobe.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, heckkitty said:

or it’s gotten old?

Probably a combination of both.  And also, it wouldn't surprise me if there aren't as many pictures of Henry as there are of Spurge.  Most parents have lots of pictures and videos documenting the pregnancy and milestones for their first child; the others, not so much. 

51 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Jessa hasn’t reposted this, or posted any bump flaunting pics, since the recent pregnancy announcement. Someone pulled it up and posted it here, I think in connection with the discussion of her crazy unmodest pregnancy wardrobe.

It was a 36 week bump comparison. Since she's nowhere near 36 weeks with this one, the point is really moot.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, heckkitty said:

or it’s gotten old?

I think people are just posting old photos again here.  Please identify a new photo versus an old one it gets confusing for some of us. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Jessa’s top looks like she could’ve gone up a size. I guess people wouldn’t find their pregnancy looks so strange if they didn’t harp on “modesty” every moment they are not gestating. 

I personally just think Jessa's is worse because it's such a light color. If she wore a shirt like that in black, I don't think it would have looked quite that terrible. It's just so, so tight in addition to being a light color, while Jill's is just tight, but not quite a solid obnoxious (IMO) because it's darker. They both look terrible though!

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I personally just think Jessa's is worse because it's such a light color. If she wore a shirt like that in black, I don't think it would have looked quite that terrible. It's just so, so tight in addition to being a light color, while Jill's is just tight, but not quite a solid obnoxious (IMO) because it's darker. They both look terrible though!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Jessa is only 3 months pregnant. Probably another month before she does a bump photo shoot.

Jessa said she's due in late spring, so end of June.  That would put her at 4 months.  Soon, she will be posing with Ben standing behind her, hand possessively on her belly, or posing sideways in the mirror, back arched, hand on her belly.  Or the pose I really hate: husband making heart hands over the fetus.

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jessa said she's due in late spring, so end of June.  That would put her at 4 months.  Soon, she will be posing with Ben standing behind her, hand possessively on her belly, or posing sideways in the mirror, back arched, hand on her belly.  Or the pose I really hate: husband making heart hands over the fetus.

If she is due in late june she is more than halfway through ( 20+ weeks) and more than likely has a good size bump already considering it is her third pregnancy.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I find it hard to really label either of these (or, really, most of the Duggar photos) as actually "terrible". With the exception of maybe some of Jill's completely clueless compositions, I find most Duggar photos firmly in the "meh" category. I mean, I see pregnant women out and about dressed similarly on a fairly regular basis, and while those fashions are not what I would have worn back in the day, mostly because the big, billowy maternity clothes were still the thing, I don't actually stop in my tracks to bother thinking about how they look to me.

I remember my daughter, when she was  about 7 months pregnant, coming over for dinner once with a skin tight dress which I didn't think was very flattering, but she had just found the dress and obviously found it a boost to her self-confidence at that point, where she was too far along to use flowy tops sand cardigans as camouflage, and just show off the "bump" with flair and pride. And why not? I'd never think of criticizing her for it, anyway.

At any rate, I think an adjective such as "terrible" should be reserved for looks which are just way beyond the pale or truly disturbing in some way rather than a bit of a fashion faux pas. I'm pretty sure any one of us here has stepped out in something somewhere along the line, which would be labelled as "terrible" by someone who didn't particularly like us to start with.

3 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

If she is due in late june she is more than halfway through ( 20+ weeks) and more than likely has a good size bump already considering it is her third pregnancy.

My third pregnancy was actually the one in which I carried the baby basically sitting somewhere in  the vicinity of my tailbone the entire time. Whereas with my first, people were asking me, anxiously,  when I was due by the time I was in my sixth month, I could get away with a swingy A-line dress and barely look pregnant pretty much into my eighth month with my third. She might just be carrying differently.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I find it hard to really label either of these (or, really, most of the Duggar photos) as actually "terrible". With the exception of maybe some of Jill's completely clueless compositions, I find most Duggar photos firmly in the "meh" category. I mean, I see pregnant women out and about dressed similarly on a fairly regular basis, and while those fashions are not what I would have worn back in the day, mostly because the big, billowy maternity clothes were still the thing, I don't actually stop in my tracks to bother thinking about how they look to me.

I remember my daughter, when she was  about 7 months pregnant, coming over for dinner once with a skin tight dress which I didn't think was very flattering, but she had just found the dress and obviously found it a boost to her self-confidence at that point, where she was too far along to use flowy tops sand cardigans as camouflage, and just show off the "bump" with flair and pride. And why not? I'd never think of criticizing her for it, anyway.

At any rate, I think an adjective such as "terrible" should be reserved for looks which are just way beyond the pale or truly disturbing in some way rather than a bit of a fashion faux pas. I'm pretty sure any one of us here has stepped out in something somewhere along the line, which would be labelled as "terrible" by someone who didn't particularly like us to start with.

My third pregnancy was actually the one in which I carried the baby basically sitting somewhere in  the vicinity of my tailbone the entire time. Whereas with my first, people were asking me, anxiously,  when I was due by the time I was in my sixth month, I could get away with a swingy A-line dress and barely look pregnant pretty much into my eighth month with my third. She might just be carrying differently.

Sorry, didn't mean to be mean! I actually don't dislike Jessa, and while I do dislike Jill, I feel bad for her too. I was writing in a hurry and just said the first word that came to my mind. I don't think either look is flattering, but I would never want them to think they're ugly. And I just happen to come to a family where if my mom could see the outline of your body, the outfit was "skin tight," so I would never, ever, ever, ever wear something this tight, and would be braced to hear about how awful I looked the second I saw my mom. Wearing skin tight clothes isn't taboo to everyone though, and sorry if I didn't use the right words!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Sorry, didn't mean to be mean! I actually don't dislike Jessa, and while I do dislike Jill, I feel bad for her too. I was writing in a hurry and just said the first word that came to my mind. I don't think either look is flattering, but I would never want them to think they're ugly. And I just happen to come to a family where if my mom could see the outline of your body, the outfit was "skin tight," so I would never, ever, ever, ever wear something this tight, and would be braced to hear about how awful I looked the second I saw my mom. Wearing skin tight clothes isn't taboo to everyone though, and sorry if I didn't use the right words!

No big deal...it's just that I see that so often, here and elsewhere, where people get so critical of every little thing connected with someone they don't like, while managing to remain blind to more or less exactly the same kinds of things when it comes to friends or people they agree with. And as much as I love to snark on the Duggars with the best of you lot, sometimes it just strikes me that there's a bit more of a double standard there than there strictly should be.

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

No big deal...it's just that I see that so often, here and elsewhere, where people get so critical of every little thing connected with someone they don't like, while managing to remain blind to more or less exactly the same kinds of things when it comes to friends or people they agree with. And as much as I love to snark on the Duggars with the best of you lot, sometimes it just strikes me that there's a bit more of a double standard there than there strictly should be.

Oh, I completely agree! I hate the look in general, though, even if my best friend wore it. I think skin tight clothes shouldn't be worn ever while pregnant unless they are a dark color and/or thicker fabric. I think thin cotton fabric in a light color over any pregnant woman would not be flattering. But I agree with you that sometimes people go too far with picking on every little thing, when plenty of other people do those things in society!

FWIW if they want to wear skin tight clothes during maternity, I think something like this looks very classy! It's in a Nordstrom ad, so it's obviously expensive, but it's a well made, structured dress in a thicker fabric, and IMO looks acceptable, even though just as tight. 

IMG_8895.PNG

FWIW if they want to wear skin tight clothes during maternity, I think something like this looks very classy! It's in a Nordstrom ad, so it's obviously expensive, but it's a well made, structured dress in a thicker fabric, and IMO looks acceptable, even though just as tight. 

IMG_8895.PNG

IMG_8895.PNG

4 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think people are just posting old photos again here.  Please identify a new photo versus an old one it gets confusing for some of us. 

You're right, I should have. 😊

This was from People™ magazine on  August 13, 2015

Screenshot_20190120-203601.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
10 hours ago, Normades said:

I know many may disagree with me, but personally, I don't want to see pregnant belly buttons popping out.  I wore nice maternity clothes and there were some that accentuated my bump, but I never wore anything skin tight or with thin fabric.  I think you can show off your body if  you're feeling pretty and sexy without being tacky.  The Duggars will never get a handle on that.

I agree. But it's probably a stretch to ask any child of Jim Bob Duggar to not be tacky!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14