Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Who in the world is Jill talking (or texting) to on her phone all the time and what in the world are they talking/texting about, anyway? 

I think she is searching for cream of crap recipes.  The “dear friend” who she then credits for the recipe is actually named Cell Phone.

• Love 14

bythelake: an extra added note is that my son was taken to church on Sundays. He is now 30 yrs old and is NOT an unbeliever. He has a religion despite attending public school. I wonder how that happened? Perhaps I should ask the Duggars?

• Love 9

Any guesses on baby names for #3.  I’m Methodist and we don’t have many ~exciting~ names for Ben to pick from.  Wesley doesn’t exactly meet up to Spurgeon and Wilberforth. 

Jessa clearly likes more normal names like Elliot and Henry. 

If it’s a girl, I’ll stay with my guesses for Ginger/Jeremy.  Some kind of flower with some kind of fruits of the spirit.

Lily Grace, Rose Faith, Ivy Love, etc

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Soaper410 said:

Any guesses on baby names for #3.  I’m Methodist and we don’t have many ~exciting~ names for Ben to pick from.  Wesley doesn’t exactly meet up to Spurgeon and Wilberforth. 

Jessa clearly likes more normal names like Elliot and Henry. 

If it’s a girl, I’ll stay with my guesses for Ginger/Jeremy.  Some kind of flower with some kind of fruits of the spirit.

Lily Grace, Rose Faith, Ivy Love, etc

I'm guessing that, if it's a girl, Jessa will try to outdo Jinger by choosing an even more frilly, multi-syllable Victorian-sounding name such as Arabella.

Edited by Bayarea4
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Bayarea4 said:

I'm guessing that, if it's a girl, Jessa will try to outdo Jinger by choosing an even more frilly, multi-syllable Victorian-sounding name such as Arabella.

I vote for Mehitable.

(I'd spell it Mehitabel, though, after Don Marquis's cat.)

15 minutes ago, Bayarea4 said:

I vote for Mehitable.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I vote for Mehitable.

I have one of those in my family, 1700s. More Puritan than Victorian.

I think it would be hilarious if they gave the kiddo some name that then turned out to be the same name of some evil person that they just didn't know about. I don't know who. 

• Love 5
On 1/13/2019 at 4:12 PM, floridamom said:

bythelake: an extra added note is that my son was taken to church on Sundays. He is now 30 yrs old and is NOT an unbeliever. He has a religion despite attending public school. I wonder how that happened? Perhaps I should ask the Duggars?

I'm assuming that since you let him go to public school and be educated by evil libruls, that he's the wrong kind of Christian.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LilJen said:

I have one of those in my family, 1700s. More Puritan than Victorian.

I think it would be hilarious if they gave the kiddo some name that then turned out to be the same name of some evil person that they just didn't know about. I don't know who. 

My niece named her daughter Jezebel. She had no clue.

Some of the older relatives were really mean about it. (not to her face though.)

• Love 7
18 hours ago, LilJen said:

Hannibal Seewald?  Hannibelle, for a girl.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have a feeling that if Jessa has a girl they will go for a virtue name.  Probably Verity because that is one of the few that I like.  Or Ben could use this for inspiration--

https://slate.com/human-interest/2013/09/puritan-names-lists-of-bizarre-religious-nomenclature-used-by-puritans.html

I'd go with Fly-fornication. 

And Jer and Jingle can name their first boy Fly-masturbation.  They've already started the F theme. 

• Love 7

Off that list, I kinda liked Job-raked-out-of-the-ashes. Or Damned Barebone.

I had a puritan ancestor named Sufferana. They're welcome to use that one. . . . 

I hope they don't use Verity! I love that name too. (Thanks, Poldark.)

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Cute video. Jill take notes, please. 

I like seaweed too and eat it for my lazy thyroid but it is expensive!  And between the two unemployed parents they can’t go shopping, they do pick up orders?  Even if there is no charge ( and there usually is) you can’t easily comparison shop.  Thrifty my big fat ass.

• Love 14
46 minutes ago, Jenilane6 said:

I like seaweed too and eat it for my lazy thyroid but it is expensive!  And between the two unemployed parents they can’t go shopping, they do pick up orders?  Even if there is no charge ( and there usually is) you can’t easily comparison shop.  Thrifty my big fat ass.

I don't think there's a fee for doing the pickup option.  My cousin was super excited when their local walmart finally had the option to shop online and pickup because she said it was such a huge hassle taking the kids to the store and just so much easier to shop online and due a curbside pickup. And I don't go to walmart often because I'm too lazy to walk around a giant store but when I want something cheaper, I tend to go there. The only cheaper option to walmart might be Aldis. 

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, Jenilane6 said:

Around here Walmart has the cheapest prices for everything.  Walmart delivers too.   And do we know for sure Ben has no means of any employment?  I remember wrangling two toddlers in a grocery store and sometimes it isn't much fun.  I give them a pass on this.  The kids look clean, well fed and happy for now.

• Love 15

My sister and nephew eat dried seaweed like potato chips and it makes me want to vomit. But you can buy small packages at Walmart for less than a dollar so it’s easy to keep me happy.  Walmart is my personal version of Hell so the free pickup option is a real blessing for someone like me. 

• Love 10

If Jessa was smart she'd get an agent for her kids, especially Henry. He has that blond/blue cherub thing going on that advertisers LOVE in little kids. She could really cash in. 

• Love 8

It's totally worth doing order pickup for a big grocery order if you have young kids. I pay $4.95 (no tip needed) at Kroger and my kids sleep in the backseat while they load it. I also save money, because I use their digital coupons and can compare prices from the comfort of my bed the night before and take as long as I need. Kroger at least also has special coupons for pickup orders only. I can usually cover the cost of pickup with coupons I wouldn't be able to use in store. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Jenilane6 said:

My local food chain (Foodtown) and almost all the stores around the Jersey Shore do charge.  Plus tip.  

They don't have to worry about tips.  They can hand out those bible tracts.  Come on now, you don't really think Duggars tip do you? :)

• Love 9

Walmart’s pick up is totally free. We use it when we have a crazy busy weekend or when we come back from vacation. Just order online, and pick a time. Then, drive over, and they put the groceries in your car. If they had it when I was pregnant, I would have taken advantage of it every single week.  There’s nothing like shopping for groceries from your couch in your pjs. 

• Love 16
11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Exploit her kids for money? Would a Duggar ever do that?🤣🤣🤣

Heh. They call them "blessings" for a reason. Because they ble$$ the Duggar bottom line.

• Love 18
13 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

Jessa, nobody believes that you cleaned anything, much less a table with a fork.

^^^Ding! We have a winnah!

OTOH I can't snark on Jessa for ordering groceries from Walmart for pickup. I agree with the comments that doing grocery shopping with infants/toddlers - especially more than one of them - can be a big deal that's often not fun for anyone involved. I thought about that yesterday. I attended an event that drew a lot of families. When I parked, a young woman with two toddlers *and* a baby was getting out of her van next to me. I asked if I could lend a hand but she graciously declined help. I told her I admired parents who single-handedly managed to go places with two or more little ones. [I didn't have to say, because, it's a lot of work to get each of them into and then out of the vehicle along with strollers, bags, etc. That's what she was doing at the time.] We exchanged smiles and a laugh. 

And, sure, Jessa could theoretically leave the kids with someone - there's always someone at the TTH - and go to Walmart herself. But it's possible that she and Bin follow the "accountability partner" rule so she couldn't go alone, so there's that. I also wonder if Jessa, after all those years being reared and indoctrinated and living 24/7/365 in a *herd* of people, is ever comfortable being alone. I think she would be very uncomfortable at the idea of going into a public place like a Walmart store alone, because we've seen how uneasy she was in the company of strangers when the show put Bin and Jessa in those situations. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Jenilane6 said:

My local food chain (Foodtown) and almost all the stores around the Jersey Shore do charge.  Plus tip.  

Back up-Foodtown still exists? They're all gone where I live (Central Jersey). I did have a stretch as a small child where I kept getting hurt at Foodtown (stubbed my toe so hard it bled, walked in the out door and got smacked by the door, got stung by a bee...) so I'm vaguely afraid of shopping there as an adult out of fear the Foodtown curse escalates and a shelf falls on me.

On topic-I'll give Jessa a pass on ordering from Walmart, because they may find it's easier to stay on budget that way-less chance of the boys asking for something, or them getting tempted by a sale...if you order via app,  you know exactly what you're ordering and there's no impulse purchasing to derail you. 

• Love 11

What's the big deal about her doing Walmart pickup? She's flush with TV cash, and it's not like such a thing is going to break the bank, at least for the one time we know them to have done it. Dry seaweed snacks, at least here, aren't expensive, and I don't see how it's lazy, since they're still driving to the store. And I comparison shop online all the time--it's not like you can't go to different sites to look at prices or compare prices of different products within the same store.

• Love 11
On 1/15/2019 at 8:43 AM, Churchhoney said:

I'm still impatiently waiting for Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. 

Shadrach? What kind of name is that? Meshach? Who has a name like that? Shadrach? Meshach? Abednego-o-o-o-oh!

Shadrach and Meshach, Abednego, lived in Judah a long time ago...

Hahaha anyone else do It's Cool in the Furnace?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Shadrach? What kind of name is that? Meshach? Who has a name like that? Shadrach? Meshach? Abednego-o-o-o-oh!

Shadrach and Meshach, Abednego, lived in Judah a long time ago...

Hahaha anyone else do It's Cool in the Furnace?

The only Meshch I can think of is Meshach Taylor from "Designing Women." 

• Love 15
On 1/14/2019 at 3:15 PM, Bayarea4 said:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  This is my niece's name.  It is bad enough it is shared with the granddaughter of someone I find vile.  I do not want it to be shared by a Duggar!

• Love 6
20 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Around here Walmart has the cheapest prices for everything.  Walmart delivers too.   And do we know for sure Ben has no means of any employment?  I remember wrangling two toddlers in a grocery store and sometimes it isn't much fun.  I give them a pass on this.  The kids look clean, well fed and happy for now.

Side bar question.  For those of you that have had grocery delivery, how is the produce?  I am pretty picky and this is what has stopped me from doing it.  That and the fact I would have to use instacart since our stores don't deliver in my area.

If I had nothing to do but eat/clean/post shit on instagram I would actually go to the store.  I am not a parent so I have no idea how hard that is but in my virgin territory mind I would bring one of the kids at a time.  I think it is a good idea to let kids see what veggies are out there.  It boggles my mind when semi grown people cannot identify run of the mill veggies.  Plus it gives a little one on one time with the parents/kids.

• Love 6

I use Walmart pick up and I live alone.  I find I don't impulse shop when I order online.  They carry a lot of gluten-free products that other local stores don't.  It's free with a $35.00 order, and there is no tip allowed.  Produce is doable, but other stores are better.  Another reason I like the pick-up is that I'm afraid to shop in the store.  Too many purse snatchings and the occasional shooting.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Jenilane6 said:

$.99 at trader joes 

i love it too eat it all the time

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Walmart is my personal version of Hell so the free pickup option is a real blessing for someone like me. 

This. I hate going to Wal-Mart but it's the closest and cheapest around me.  I hate bringing my two toddlers there with me even more.  Plus, I work full-time and so does my hubby.  I am definitely a fan of the grocery pick-up rather than dragging two toddlers to Wal-Mart after work. 

If I was a reality TV "star," I'd definitely do grocery pick-up so I could avoid having to talk to/take pictures with "fans" while I tried to wrangle two toddlers & wait in long lines without losing my cool at a packed Wal-Mart.  I can't judge Jessa and Ben for this one.  

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Side bar question.  For those of you that have had grocery delivery, how is the produce?  I am pretty picky and this is what has stopped me from doing it.  That and the fact I would have to use instacart since our stores don't deliver in my area.

If I had nothing to do but eat/clean/post shit on instagram I would actually go to the store.  I am not a parent so I have no idea how hard that is but in my virgin territory mind I would bring one of the kids at a time.  I think it is a good idea to let kids see what veggies are out there.  It boggles my mind when semi grown people cannot identify run of the mill veggies.  Plus it gives a little one on one time with the parents/kids.

I am super picky about produce so I only do pickup at Byerly’s (one of our local posh grocery stores) and only because I can leave detailed instructions of what I require. I would never order produce unseen from Walmart. 

• Love 6