Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I do hope that Jessa gets a better house. As much as we didn't like her she did keep the show going and has proven to be a decent mother. Her boys are well feed and being taken care of she deserves so much more than Boob gave her. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Ha ha, now we know why she got pregnant! She'd been shunted off into the category of "old news". Notice how Jinger and Jeremy are in the center position that Jessa and Bin always occupied.

Which must be very painful, considering it's all they've got!  

Dreck has also got to be seething to see everyone else in the spotlight and be so pointedly missing from the group.  

3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Would you accept the term "preschoolers for life"? 

Goes very well with Tacos4Life!  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, drafan said:

She absolutely knows what she's having. This is her form of suspenseful teasing. The "twins" will be thrown out there next week.

Yep.  Count on it.  She always does the twins tease thing.  

2 hours ago, drafan said:

Aaaaand Babe is the dead middle focal point.

Exactly as he likes it!  

• Love 9

BF0E7941-8C10-4EB7-B888-B6096049CA6D.thumb.jpeg.a27dd568f153d79c4676f94e11c99984.jpegE69CAAAE-721F-495A-9607-9629401F8DE5.thumb.jpeg.63afaa197c60d2a2e2668191a66b9ab8.jpegCD1B5732-483C-404F-BA7F-E729C1B1FD0E.thumb.jpeg.57133de6da0653799ae25a788d1a6ffb.jpegJessa seems to like yellow, especially mustard yellow. She would look so much better in a different color. Someone commented on her dress in the pregnancy picture and Jessa said it’s from Old Navy and a maternity dress. I’m shocked. I never thought she would wear actual maternity clothes. Maybe she saw how good Jinger looked wearing clothes that weren’t skin tight and decided to dress like her this time. But who am I kidding. Right. 

Edited by Brown eyed girl
Double post
  • Love 8
59 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

I do hope that Jessa gets a better house. As much as we didn't like her she did keep the show going and has proven to be a decent mother. Her boys are well feed and being taken care of she deserves so much more than Boob gave her. 

I am mean but I don't.  She is living a life that 2 unemployed or at least underemployed people could afford (let's be real, with their lack of employment they couldn't even afford THAT).  They could have also stopped having blessings until they were in a larger space.  I think the bar is set VERY low for them as well as all of the Duggars.  

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I am mean but I don't.  She is living a life that 2 unemployed or at least underemployed people could afford (let's be real, with their lack of employment they couldn't even afford THAT).  They could have also stopped having blessings until they were in a larger space.  I think the bar is set VERY low for them as well as all of the Duggars.  

Glad i’m not the only “mean” one who was thinking this way. If they want a bigger house, I guess Bin will finally have to get a damn job.

• Love 21
Just now, DangerousMinds said:

Glad i’m not the only “mean” one who was thinking this way. If they want a bigger house, I guess Bin will finally have to get a damn job.

I am glad I am not the only one either!!!

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I was wondering about Lauren.  She looks much more busty

They take these promo shots months in advance. I imagine these are from around Thanksgiving. Look how little Felicity is. We've seen recent pics of Lauren, and if she's pregnant, she's not out of the first trimester.

• Love 1

Jessa once said she wanted the small house because it's easier to clean. I guess she knew her limitations because she can't handle a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom home with 2 kids. I can't imagine what a larger home of hers would look like.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, bythelake said:

Does the mold house have enough property in order for Benessa to add on a couple bedrooms and a bath? With all those able bodied guys lolling about, they could have it completed in no time. They could also hire Austin, the only one who seems to like to work.

I also wonder why Si and Lauren got a huge house and they are still in a small one.

Up until now, Jessa & Jinger have been the “stars” of show, those mostly responsible for the continuing cash flow. It’s time for JB to throw them a bone. After all, they are adding to his army for Jesus.

Really...with the size the SiRen house was reported to be, they could all move in there and practically never run into each other.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, louannems said:

Jessa's boys willingly listen to Ben's expressive, age appropriate reading, in sharp contrast to Derick dully reading the king james bible to his toddler and infant, while forcibly restraining them!

Who knows how many times Jessa made him rehearse. He looked bored.

That pic of Jana ^^ up there...she looks absolutely gorgeous. Bet Jinger took the pic. And I see thigh-above-the-knee-tops!!!

So....has Babe The Third's head ever been exposed in it's entirety?

Edited by drafan
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Madtown said:

Jessa should find out what she's having. That way if it's a another boy, she'll have some time to let it soak in. I hope they have 20 kids and they are all boys.

I don't think Jessa really is that worried about having a girl.  She does okay taking care of her kids, so I don't see her looking to pass them off, plus she seems like she loves being the queen bee of her house with all her "boys" catering to her.  I'm not so sure she wants a daughter.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Who spilled? I checked both Giunn and Jessica's accounts and didn't see anything. A cousin? Got a link?

A few posts back someone posted a screenshot from Guinn's Facebook. She answered a comment and said baby was due in June.

• Love 1

Well, that's late spring, so that's not giving away a state secret. My birthday is 6/19. It may be summer weather in a lot of places (not mine...I am in June Gloom), but it's before the solstice. People on FJ totally dismissed June as a possibility, which is just stupid on their parts. 

• Love 6

It's kind of remarkable that Jessa knows what pics and videos look shiny and cute, but she bites back in posts and Jill posts pics and videos that are dull and messy yet never posts a harsh word.

This Christmas we were taking a family pic. It turned out to be quite hilarious (well one kid was not amused) because we must have taken a dozen or more pics. One of my kids commented that folks take a million selfies just to get the right one. Jessa probably does the same thing. Jill, not so much.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It's kind of remarkable that Jessa knows what pics and videos look shiny and cute, but she bites back in posts and Jill posts pics and videos that are dull and messy yet never posts a harsh word.

This Christmas we were taking a family pic. It turned out to be quite hilarious (well one kid was not amused) because we must have taken a dozen or more pics. One of my kids commented that folks take a million selfies just to get the right one. Jessa probably does the same thing. Jill, not so much.

Jill doesn’t interact on social media much at all. Even when she’s promoting a product, she doesn’t answer questions.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill doesn’t interact on social media much at all. Even when she’s promoting a product, she doesn’t answer questions.

Actually she has answered a few 'recipe' questions. And we know Derick reads every post written. I think Jill is just in a blissful world of her own. When things are running smoothly the sunshine, rainbows and unicorns block her view.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Lunera said:

See Derelict, that's how you read a book to your sons.

13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Felicity looks appropriately horrified in the company of her maternal family. Smart kid.

Ha, I noticed that too. 

I love Babe the Third as Felicity's nickname!

13 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Ben is a natural dad.  He just seems to enjoy kids.  Dillweed is a polar opposite.  It's odd how Jill's "buddies" are so connected to her, yet she seems so clueless about her own sons.

I think the problem is Derelict. Jill's buddies are not Derelict's buddies. It's like she tries so earnestly to relate to kiddos, and that worked well with her buddies when it was solely (and I mean SOLELY) her responsibility to make sure her buddies were cared for. Enter Derelict and now Jill's not the only one who is responsible. But Jilly also has to defer to her headship as she has been taught by Boob and Ofboob. So now Jilly parents the way Derelict parents because he's the headship, even if it is different from what she has done before which had worked. 

• Love 15
12 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I think the problem is Derelict. Jill's buddies are not Derelict's buddies. It's like she tries so earnestly to relate to kiddos, and that worked well with her buddies when it was solely (and I mean SOLELY) her responsibility to make sure her buddies were cared for. Enter Derelict and now Jill's not the only one who is responsible. But Jilly also has to defer to her headship as she has been taught by Boob and Ofboob. So now Jilly parents the way Derelict parents because he's the headship, even if it is different from what she has done before which had worked. 

I don't think Derelict is the problem. Someone here posted once that Jill put everything she had into raising her buddy team, and by the time she had her own children, she had nothing left to give. In contrast, Jessa and Jinger cared for their buddy teams but didn't make it the focus of their existence, and both of them seem more engaged as a mother. 

I have wondered if Jill is repulsed by her own children. They represent proof that she's had sex, and they are boys. A boy molested her.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

See Derelict, that's how you read a book to your sons.

Ha, I noticed that too. 

I love Babe the Third as Felicity's nickname!

33 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I don't think Derelict is the problem. Someone here posted once that Jill put everything she had into raising her buddy team, and by the time she had her own children, she had nothing left to give. In contrast, Jessa and Jinger cared for their buddy teams but didn't make it the focus of their existence, and both of them seem more engaged as a mother. 

I have wondered if Jill is repulsed by her own children. They represent proof that she's had sex, and they are boys. A boy molested her.

I think the truth might be somewhere in the middle. I can see Jill having issues raising a son, given what happened to her- she actually made comments about doing things to prevent molestation in her home. That she would think little Israel could be an abuser?!!!! Wow. 

Jill STILL has an emotionally close relationship with her buddy team, she’s got the skills to be very nurturing and loving. I think Derrick’s attitude effects how she treats the boys. He has always seemed to resent Izzie (as a healthy male child I’m perplexed as to WHY?!!). It is troublesome. 

• Love 18
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, Lunera said:

For a sec I thought Guinn was saying Melodious Echo Mason was the baby's name. 

So did I! I'm calling Piper for a girl after Ben's mentioned him in the past although its been awhile. Tozer for a boy. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

But there just seems a natural ease with which Benessa's boys interact with their parents as opposed to the reactions of the Dillard children with their parents. Kids won't fake their emotions and feelings. No parent is perfect and all make some mistakes, but I don't think it's merely that Jessa is more SM savvy. Ben does seem nurturing, Jessa actually interacts with her kids. Jill tries to force joy and answers out of her kids, and Derrick just seems constantly annoyed by their existence.  

While I'd be thrilled if the Duggar clan quit reproducing, I am not too concerned for the overall well being of Jessa's children as I am for Jill's. I think once the show ends and money needs to actually be earned, Ben will have at least a decent enough work ethic to go out and earn the money for his family. He's likely not as book smart as Derrick, but I think he'll be alright. 

But that is what is shown to us. I'm thinking Spurge has probably reacted the same way when Jessa pestered him with a phone in his face, she's savvy enough not to post it. Jill doesn't seem to understand that candid, and often times simple moments, are more appealing than 'please perform for the camera during our adventure' moments. I'm guessing there are moments when Spurgie and Henry are confused to what Jessa and Ben are expecting from them, but again Jessa is not filming or at least not posting those moments. I am very certain both Jessa and Ben have been annoyed with their kids and ignored them from time to time. I'm not arguing that Jill and Derick are stellar parents, I'm just saying I think Ben and Jessa try really hard to make the public think they are.

As a parent of adult children I'd like to think I had more great moments than parental fail moments, but I do know for sure I had both.

As a therapist I hear all kinds of negative things that happen in a person's life, but I know there is a balance to what they're telling me and when I ask, I find out all these wonderful traits about their "awful" partner, their "dictator" boss or their "clueless" parents. SM is the same way, we only see what is shown.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

It was very recently that Jessa posted the video of Spurge trying to recite the long psalm(?) they tried to force him to memorize. Not impressed. 

I hate the stupid recitations, but Spurge seemed much more at ease and happy plus Jessa seemed more encouraging.  Poor Iz looked like a captive forced to recite a notice from his captors.  He looked afraid to make a mistake.  Jill didn't care that he needed the restroom and was stressed.  She carried on with the video because it was what she wanted.  I don't believe Jessa would do that with her kids.

• Love 18

What? Jill didn't let Izzy go to the bathroom during his recitation? What the heck is wrong with that idiot? Poor Izzy. I really feel for the little guy. He would benefit so much from a productive pre school, it breaks my heart. I can see in those stupid videos that he is bored and acts 'caged up' in that little apartment all day; every day with mostly Jill and Sam. He really would blossom in a good preschool. My own son went to a 5 day, morning only program at our church. It was well structured and he loved it. No pressure on him but they included 'fun' learning. He did well in elementary school and excelled.....PUBLIC SCHOOL, mind you.

• Love 19

I think Israel would be fine not attending a preschool IF he had engaged parents, instead of performing parents.

I would like to see Israel draw a picture of Jill. I’d bet it would include a cell phone , which would be drawn bigger than Jill’s head.

• Love 15
48 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I think Israel would be fine not attending a preschool IF he had engaged parents, instead of performing parents.

I would like to see Israel draw a picture of Jill. I’d bet it would include a cell phone , which would be drawn bigger than Jill’s head.

Who in the world is Jill talking (or texting) to on her phone all the time and what in the world are they talking/texting about, anyway? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Who in the world is Jill talking (or texting) to on her phone all the time and what in the world are they talking/texting about, anyway? 

I don't think she's texting anyone. She's filming her kids.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, floridamom said:

What? Jill didn't let Izzy go to the bathroom during his recitation? What the heck is wrong with that idiot? Poor Izzy. I really feel for the little guy. He would benefit so much from a productive pre school, it breaks my heart. I can see in those stupid videos that he is bored and acts 'caged up' in that little apartment all day; every day with mostly Jill and Sam. He really would blossom in a good preschool. My own son went to a 5 day, morning only program at our church. It was well structured and he loved it. No pressure on him but they included 'fun' learning. He did well in elementary school and excelled.....PUBLIC SCHOOL, mind you.

@floridamom, Unfortunately, I don’t think any of them will allow their children to attend a pre-school unless it is run by fundies.They are too afraid that someone evil will mess with their minds.

You never see any of them playing with someone other than a relative.You never see Jill on a play date with a friend or neighbor.The next generation will be the same as the previous one.

But the least Jill could do is take those boys to a playground where they could climb on the monkey bars, slide, run and swing to their heart’s content. I don’t think she has the ability to realize that by doing this it would make them very,very tired, and they would take a long nap. She’s a dimwit.

I worry about the boys as well especially Izzy who seems so fearful at times. Derick is unpleasant and mean spirited and Jill just doesn’t have a clue. So sad.

• Love 22