Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

The Seewalds: Benessa and The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Name... & Henry

I hate, with a passion, teeth, feet, and belly buttons.  Every time I see a pic of any Duggar in bare feet, I shudder, and it has nothing to do with cleanliness.  I literally wear 3, yes 3, pairs of socks year round.  I never went barefoot as a child either.  I will drop off trash bags, get the mail, or grab something from one of the cars in my slippers, but otherwise, I'm in shoes outside of the house.  Instead of the prayer closet, I'm off to the loony bin with my really weird hangups.  I promise I'm (mostly) normal in real life.

• Like 14

23 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That was nasty. I remember the soles of Joy's feet looked liked she'd stepped in black paint. Then she puts communal shoes on and walks out of the house. Austin must've been horrified when he first started living with her.

I don’t think so. They live in a trailer so I doubt they even have a showers.

Even with the added bathrooms at the TTH, I don't believe showering was a high priority for the Duggars. I'm thinking nobody was assigned the shower/bath encourager jurisdiction. And I'm guessing nobody has that task now.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I don't do bare feet anymore due to heel spurs, but, back in the day, yes, I wandered around barefoot in the summer. but my mother made us wash up, if not bathe, prior to bed.

Damn hell spurs. I’ve never been able to go barefoot outside (my feet are very tender) but I really miss the freedom around the house. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I don’t think so. They live in a trailer so I doubt they even have a showers.

Motor homes have showers. The Duggars are just dirty people. We're a no outside shoes in the house family. You can walk around barefoot and not have your feet look like that. Yeesh. Even walking around in socks, the socks stay clean. Well, not just washed clean, but not filthy looking. I have 3 kids and a dog, but I keep the floors as clean as possible. I would be mortified if my kids feet were that dirty from walking barefoot in the house. 

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Motor homes have showers.

While true, I would not want to do any long term showering in an RV bathroom. My parents' first RV (our summer vacations were camping) had a small tub/shower combo, but we used it for storage and used the showers at the campgrounds. My grandparents' RV had a showhead mounted above the toilet ... and it was intended that the whole room was to function as the shower stall. I don't think Joy and Austin are living in one of the RVs that cost most than a home and have two actual bathrooms, so my guess is their bathroom situation is relatively primative.

Plus they'd either have to have a water hookup or keep filling the water tanks in order to sustain a bathroom (and the kitchen sink, too, I suppose.)

I know posting actual locations in a no-go, but do we know whereabouts Joy and Austin have parked their RV home?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Jessa’s wearing the shredded dress in the third picture. It looks more like a nightgown to me. 

While I do really try not to criticize other people's parenting, where are Felicity's socks?  If it is cold enough that she needs that hat and a coat, then her poor little toes have to be freezing. 

• Like 12

I guess Jessa just shut down any pregnancy speculation. Looks pretty skinny, even under those sack dresses.

• Like 23

I guess she's putting the rumors to rest because half of the comments on Jinger's post were speculating about Jessa. The shredded dress wouldn't look so bad if it wasn't shredded. 

• Like 4

Jessa looks cute. The shredded dress isn't my favorite, but it would look okay with a belt to cinch in the waist. 

• Like 6

Jessa looks good in the first dress. 

Also, I think she is the first person who has posted a picture of Felicity that wasn’t cross posted with Jinger or Jeremy. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

While I do really try not to criticize other people's parenting, where are Felicity's socks?  If it is cold enough that she needs that hat and a coat, then her poor little toes have to be freezing. 

If Felicity is anything like the younger of my twins, she yanks the socks off and won't tolerate them. As soon as she was able to, she would take off her socks, shoes, anything. It was hilarious watching her try to yank off her one piece footy pajamas. Just saying this might be the case with Felicity. Of course with the Duggars, who knows. 

Edited by QuinnInND · Reason: Because "ass" and "was" are two completely different words.
  • Like 23

My best friend's 9 1/2 month old is the same. He'll happily wear any hat she puts on his head, but put a pair of socks on his feet, and they'll be off in seconds. She just doesn't bother anymore.

I always assume this is the case when I see babies like Felicity barefoot once they've reached the age of figuring out they can grab their feet.

• Like 18

10 hours ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Jessa’s wearing the shredded dress in the third picture. It looks more like a nightgown to me. 

Or it would look like a nightgown except for that very weird mess at the bottom, which I gather is supposed to be some kind of fringe but really looks like a pack of dogs have been chewing on your nightgown. 

10 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Well, the hat is just so we can see the bow and not see her short hair, so we know for certain she's not a boy. (because the Bible makes clear that jinder roles are of the utmost importance and they are set in stone.) . And I'm thinking that she's not actually wearing a coat, but only a kind of heavy sweater -- and it's almost unbuttoned....So I would bet that it's not actually all that cold. ... Just looks like it is because of the apparent snow hat that's pulled down over her eyes. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 6

Oh, Lord. Jessa and the ducklips. Is that still a thing?

• Like 15

11 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Jessa looks good in the first dress. 

Also, I think she is the first person who has posted a picture of Felicity that wasn’t cross posted with Jinger or Jeremy. 

I agree. She looked good in the second dress but the shreds have to go. 

• Like 1

I'm calling it now...this one will be a girl, to go along with bestie Jinger's girl! Then they can be a clique-ish "girl club."

• Like 12

1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

The snarky part of me wonders if Jessa was jealous of all the attention Jinger was getting from Felicity and that motivated her to try for a girl. She didn't seem too thrilled with the possibility of another baby way back when Bin suggested it.

Well, things to happen. 

1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

The snarky part of me wonders if Jessa was jealous of all the attention Jinger was getting from Felicity and that motivated her to try for a girl. She didn't seem too thrilled with the possibility of another baby way back when Bin suggested it.

Well, things to happen. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Oh, Lord. Jessa and the ducklips. Is that still a thing?

I thought ducklips were what thin-lipped people do to look like the have lips?

All I keep thinking of is 5 people crammed into a two bed one bath 800sqft mold house with two parents (because Ben is also responsible for the status of the home) who have less than stellar cleanliness standards....yikes.

Best of luck to ‘em, couldn’t be me.

• Like 19

Jessa's due late spring?  She wasn't showing at all in the photos from Amy's shop.  I guess she just doesn't pop.  

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Jessa's due late spring?  She wasn't showing at all in the photos from Amy's shop.  I guess she just doesn't pop.  

Late spring could mean tail end of May/early June. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Late spring could mean tail end of May/early June. 

Even if she's due mid June, she should be 18 weeks minimum at this point, meaning her uterus would be just below the navel.  Most women expecting their 3rd kid would be fairly obviously showing by now. She must've been sucking in her gut and holding her breath the past few weeks in pictures.

• Like 15

Just now, Portia said:

How many bedrooms and bathrooms in the mold house?

Two beds and one bath.  She's going to be stacking kids like cordwood. 

• Like 14

28 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I thought ducklips were what thin-lipped people do to look like the have lips?

Like the Kardashians?

as far as I know, it’s anyone consciously puckering up their lips to look like a butt.

• Like 6

Maybe Jessa felt it was up to her to keep the baby storyline going, since no one else seemed to be stepping up to the plate.  I wonder if Bin will have an actual job by the time this baby is born?

• Like 22

5 minutes ago, queenanne said:

as far as I know, it’s anyone consciously puckering up their lips to look like a butt.

Actually, although I just now snarked about it, TBH Jessa's not doing a super-exaggerated ducklip type pout in those selfies; I think I've seen her do worse. 

And now, tada! All future photos/selfies of her will feature the Pregnant Woman's Belly-Cradling™ hand position. I wonder if she still has the skin-tight navel-hugging shirts she wore in prior pregnancies. We'll soon find out, I'm sure.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 12

13 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

2 bed/1 bath IIRC. 

13 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Two beds and one bath.  She's going to be stacking kids like cordwood. 

Good gosh. I didn't mind having a tiny house when my three were very small, but at least we had 3 tiny bedrooms and a tiny half-bath in addition to a decent-sized main bathroom. I can appreciate the appeal of having fewer rooms and bathrooms to clean, but surely at a certain point they'll admit that they are just too cramped and up in each other's business?  I mean, once she's doing proper, graded homeschooling, where will she store her materials and meet individually with children?  I just can't fathom such a tiny space for a family of 5.

Even in our leanest times, a second toilet was always a deal-breaker for our family. But I guess having a husband/dad with severe IBS will do that to you!

Edited by Portia
  • Like 13

1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Actually, although I just now snarked about it, TBH Jessa's not doing a super-exaggerated ducklip type pout in those selfies; I think I've seen her do worse. 

And now, tada! All future photos/selfies of her will feature the Pregnant Woman's Belly-Cradling™ hand position. I wonder if she still has the skin-tight navel-hugging shirts she wore in prior pregnancies. We'll soon find out, I'm sure.

If she doesn't, I am sure Cousin Famy can find some new shirts for her in her store.  None of the Duggar girls seem to wear actual  maternity clothes.

• Like 8

Jill must be pissed.  JB is wearing his shit-eating grin, I'm sure.

Mustard swing dress in the obligatory People article.  Not much of a bump yet.

• Like 9

On 12/24/2018 at 7:41 AM, Kbo said:

When I was growing up it was tradition to get a new Lanz of Salzburg flannel nightgown every year. I still have a soft spot for them but Mr. Kbo is not a fan. Sigh. 

That was our tradition as well!  But my mom had to take out any elastic at the wrists before we would wear it.  Frankly I haven't worn a nightgown since.  They would get tangled around my legs and I would get really freaking hot in it.  But when my niece was young I was really tempted to get her one just to continue the tradition.  Vermont Country Store I think still has them.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Like diapers!

You win the internet today!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Aw, proper graded homeschooling, individual attention to children: that's sweet. But, this is a Duggar we're talking about. The issues may not arise. 

Haha! I just can't help but hope Jessa will do at least marginally better than her birth mom did in that department.  The bar is pretty low.

• Like 8

On 12/28/2018 at 5:59 PM, Zella said:

I know some churches that do the footwashing thing somewhat regularly--the point being it demonstrates the humility of the one doing the washing. I just am way too weirded out by feet (and self conscious about the size of mine) to ever participate in such a thing at any time but especially at my wedding. 

A religious conference wanted to use our food court for the foot washing ceremony (not religious, no idea what is is called).  I put the kibosh on it because its a food court and there was no place to really deal with the water change out to wash them other than our public bathroom.  

• Like 5