Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I read it that way, too, and thought, "eh, Duggars, yeah, not too clean." Perhaps we can compromise on there having been fifty filthy people in the house.

I've probably been reading Dr. Seuss' ABC book to my granddaughter too much, but my mind just wanted to expand that to something more like "fifty filthy feet upon a fiffer-feffer flea"...

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 15

Yeah, I don't think her feet are THAT filthy. Also, I'm going to cut them some slack on the cleanliness of their floors.  I can't believe how dirty mine get with just 4 people living here, I can not imagine how you could keep up with floors with that many people. 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I thought Jessa wore ballet flats (or slippers), but I can't find verification and am too lazy to go down a rabbit hole looking. All I remember is that you can't see her feet in any pictures. Conversely, Joy's sandals were visible when she came down a flight of stairs at the church before the ceremony. 

I think Jessa was barefoot at her wedding. In the wedding rehersal, Jessa is wearing a knee length dress and her feet are clearly bare. It's possible she wore shoes to her wedding, but I think the point of her being barefoot at the rehersal was to get used to being barefoot at the ceremony. I remember Joy was walking aorund barefoot on her wedding day, but she probably did have shoes for the wedding. 

18 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Religious reasons to go barefoot?

I went down the rabbithole trying to find where Chelsy Maxwell said this, but there was something about being barefoot in a "sacred space".  I wasn't able to find it again. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I went down the rabbithole trying to find where Chelsy Maxwell said this, but there was something about being barefoot in a "sacred space".  I wasn't able to find it again. 

Is it because their role in  life after the ceremony will to be continuously 

barefoot and pregnant? Pregnant is a given. Maybe the bare feet signifies "staying at home."

(This has probably been said here before, and I'm just regurgitating the thought) 🤔

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

I remember Joy was walking aorund barefoot on her wedding day, but she probably did have shoes for the wedding. 

And remember also back in the TTH, her feet were filthy when she was digging through the shoe bin before a date with Austyn?

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

And remember also back in the TTH, her feet were filthy when she was digging through the shoe bin before a date with Austyn?

That was nasty. I remember the soles of Joy's feet looked liked she'd stepped in black paint. Then she puts communal shoes on and walks out of the house. Austin must've been horrified when he first started living with her.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Absolom said:

I think the sacred space refers to Moses and the burning bush.

"TAKE OFF THY SANDALS FROM OFF THY FEET!" (Typed in my best Charlton Heston in God mode voice).

(he did double as God's voice, if I recall, though the voice was slowed down for effect)

• Love 1

I live in New England and the ground in December is cold in 60 degree weather. I know this because I have ran out to retrieve something from my car in bare feet during all seasons. 60 degrees in December is not play-outside-in-your-bare-feet weather, it's oh-it-feels-warm weather because it's December.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

"TAKE OFF THY SANDALS FROM OFF THY FEET!" (Typed in my best Charlton Heston in God mode voice).

(he did double as God's voice, if I recall, though the voice was slowed down for effect)

Oh gosh I remember watching that a lot of times.  And then David Steinberg did a send up of some of it.  "Take off thine shoes from off of thine feet" God said in that redundant way of his, hahaha

I don't think her feet are that dirty. I go barefoot at home, including running out to check the mail, or to my best friend's apartment downstairs. By bedtime, my feet are usually somewhat dirty. After I brush my teeth & wash my face, I wipe off the bottom of my feet. It's no big deal and takes less than a minute. 

• Love 9

I hate, with a passion, teeth, feet, and belly buttons.  Every time I see a pic of any Duggar in bare feet, I shudder, and it has nothing to do with cleanliness.  I literally wear 3, yes 3, pairs of socks year round.  I never went barefoot as a child either.  I will drop off trash bags, get the mail, or grab something from one of the cars in my slippers, but otherwise, I'm in shoes outside of the house.  Instead of the prayer closet, I'm off to the loony bin with my really weird hangups.  I promise I'm (mostly) normal in real life.

• Love 14
23 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That was nasty. I remember the soles of Joy's feet looked liked she'd stepped in black paint. Then she puts communal shoes on and walks out of the house. Austin must've been horrified when he first started living with her.

I don’t think so. They live in a trailer so I doubt they even have a showers.

Even with the added bathrooms at the TTH, I don't believe showering was a high priority for the Duggars. I'm thinking nobody was assigned the shower/bath encourager jurisdiction. And I'm guessing nobody has that task now.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I don't do bare feet anymore due to heel spurs, but, back in the day, yes, I wandered around barefoot in the summer. but my mother made us wash up, if not bathe, prior to bed.

Damn hell spurs. I’ve never been able to go barefoot outside (my feet are very tender) but I really miss the freedom around the house. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I don’t think so. They live in a trailer so I doubt they even have a showers.

Motor homes have showers. The Duggars are just dirty people. We're a no outside shoes in the house family. You can walk around barefoot and not have your feet look like that. Yeesh. Even walking around in socks, the socks stay clean. Well, not just washed clean, but not filthy looking. I have 3 kids and a dog, but I keep the floors as clean as possible. I would be mortified if my kids feet were that dirty from walking barefoot in the house. 

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Motor homes have showers.

While true, I would not want to do any long term showering in an RV bathroom. My parents' first RV (our summer vacations were camping) had a small tub/shower combo, but we used it for storage and used the showers at the campgrounds. My grandparents' RV had a showhead mounted above the toilet ... and it was intended that the whole room was to function as the shower stall. I don't think Joy and Austin are living in one of the RVs that cost most than a home and have two actual bathrooms, so my guess is their bathroom situation is relatively primative.

Plus they'd either have to have a water hookup or keep filling the water tanks in order to sustain a bathroom (and the kitchen sink, too, I suppose.)

I know posting actual locations in a no-go, but do we know whereabouts Joy and Austin have parked their RV home?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Jessa’s wearing the shredded dress in the third picture. It looks more like a nightgown to me. 

While I do really try not to criticize other people's parenting, where are Felicity's socks?  If it is cold enough that she needs that hat and a coat, then her poor little toes have to be freezing. 

• Love 12

I guess she's putting the rumors to rest because half of the comments on Jinger's post were speculating about Jessa. The shredded dress wouldn't look so bad if it wasn't shredded. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

While I do really try not to criticize other people's parenting, where are Felicity's socks?  If it is cold enough that she needs that hat and a coat, then her poor little toes have to be freezing. 

If Felicity is anything like the younger of my twins, she yanks the socks off and won't tolerate them. As soon as she was able to, she would take off her socks, shoes, anything. It was hilarious watching her try to yank off her one piece footy pajamas. Just saying this might be the case with Felicity. Of course with the Duggars, who knows. 

Edited by QuinnInND
Because "ass" and "was" are two completely different words.
  • Love 23

My best friend's 9 1/2 month old is the same. He'll happily wear any hat she puts on his head, but put a pair of socks on his feet, and they'll be off in seconds. She just doesn't bother anymore.

I always assume this is the case when I see babies like Felicity barefoot once they've reached the age of figuring out they can grab their feet.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Jessa’s wearing the shredded dress in the third picture. It looks more like a nightgown to me. 

Or it would look like a nightgown except for that very weird mess at the bottom, which I gather is supposed to be some kind of fringe but really looks like a pack of dogs have been chewing on your nightgown. 

10 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Well, the hat is just so we can see the bow and not see her short hair, so we know for certain she's not a boy. (because the Bible makes clear that jinder roles are of the utmost importance and they are set in stone.) . And I'm thinking that she's not actually wearing a coat, but only a kind of heavy sweater -- and it's almost unbuttoned....So I would bet that it's not actually all that cold. ... Just looks like it is because of the apparent snow hat that's pulled down over her eyes. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Jessa looks good in the first dress. 

Also, I think she is the first person who has posted a picture of Felicity that wasn’t cross posted with Jinger or Jeremy. 

I agree. She looked good in the second dress but the shreds have to go. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

The snarky part of me wonders if Jessa was jealous of all the attention Jinger was getting from Felicity and that motivated her to try for a girl. She didn't seem too thrilled with the possibility of another baby way back when Bin suggested it.

Well, things to happen. 

1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

The snarky part of me wonders if Jessa was jealous of all the attention Jinger was getting from Felicity and that motivated her to try for a girl. She didn't seem too thrilled with the possibility of another baby way back when Bin suggested it.

Well, things to happen. 

• Love 2

All I keep thinking of is 5 people crammed into a two bed one bath 800sqft mold house with two parents (because Ben is also responsible for the status of the home) who have less than stellar cleanliness standards....yikes.

Best of luck to ‘em, couldn’t be me.

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Late spring could mean tail end of May/early June. 

Even if she's due mid June, she should be 18 weeks minimum at this point, meaning her uterus would be just below the navel.  Most women expecting their 3rd kid would be fairly obviously showing by now. She must've been sucking in her gut and holding her breath the past few weeks in pictures.

• Love 15