Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I guess I'm the lone liker of that dress. I would rock it though.

You're not completely alone. I'd wear it in the way you described. ...

Except the way the fringe looks seems nutso to me -- like, way longer in back than in front, but not as if it's by design but like it's been cut too haphazardly or something? ... So ... I'd wear it in the way you described after trimming the fringe so it doesn't look like an accident to me!

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

You're not completely alone. I'd wear it in the way you described. ...

Except the way the fringe looks seems nutso to me -- like, way longer in back than in front, but not as if it's by design but like it's been cut too haphazardly or something? ... So ... I'd wear it in the way you described after trimming the fringe so it doesn't look like an accident to me!

I like the plaid, but it looks too big and shapeless to me and the hem looks crooked.  In a size that fits properly, with a belt to define the waist and the fringe either shortened or removed; I'd wear it.  But, then, it's a whole different dress.  It would look cute with tights and boots.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I like the plaid, but it looks too big and shapeless to me and the hem looks crooked.  In a size that fits properly, with a belt to define the waist and the fringe either shortened or removed; I'd wear it.  But, then, it's a whole different dress.  It would look cute with tights and boots.

I agree. I like the plaid, but the silhouette is too boxy for my taste. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

It’s suppose to be shapeless. Godly men shouldn’t get aroused by your body shape.  

Yeah, I guess this is one of those 3130 pieces ............Still not convinced that the 3130 women and the women who would want the plunging-neckline creations Amy's selling want to shop in the same store. But I guess it doesn't matter if the real point is a tax writeoff. 

• Love 4

That dress looks like a flannel nightshirt with unexplained fringe. 

I like flannel granny nightgowns and have worn them all my adult life. One night, I was watching Big Bang Theory, and Amy Farrah Fowler came out wearing a flannel granny just like one I own. At that moment, I knew I was in deep fashion trouble. Fortunately, Mr. B&J doesn't seem to care.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I guess this is one of those 3130 pieces ............Still not convinced that the 3130 women and the women who would want the plunging-neckline creations Amy's selling want to shop in the same store. But I guess it doesn't matter if the real point is a tax writeoff. 

I agree with you. This is a big problem for Amy in her business (and for Jill in her SM "business") -- who is her customer? Is she trying to sell to young women? Is the 3130 woman "modern modest?" It's clearly not meant for working women (I hope), but I really have no idea who she's thinking about. It might be a good idea for her to have a tag line: 3130 -- for the confused Christian! 3130 -- for women who love gray!

Right now 3130 has "another huge Duggar failure" written all over it.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I like flannel granny nightgowns and have worn them all my adult life. One night, I was watching Big Bang Theory, and Amy Farrah Fowler came out wearing a flannel granny just like one I own. At that moment, I knew I was in deep fashion trouble. Fortunately, Mr. B&J doesn't seem to care.

Hehe, I've seen the same nightgown in a mail-order catalog, and I'm still thinking about ordering it!  Amy FF is one of my favorite BBT characters.  

• Love 3
On 12/16/2018 at 2:56 PM, MamaMax said:

Proverbs 31:30 New International Version (NIV)

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Is this where the name came from?

image.png.70284d4b8e2559faa449eec72e41e1f4.pngOMG hahahahahahahahahahahaahahah

Does the bottom unravel with every washing until the "dress" eventually becomes a blouse with long strings hanging from it?

• Love 10
15 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

When I was growing up it was tradition to get a new Lanz of Salzburg flannel nightgown every year. I still have a soft spot for them but Mr. Kbo is not a fan. Sigh. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Merry Christmas from the Seewald family. Whose house are they at? The TTH. It looks filthy and the little girls feet are nasty. 

Are those kids coloring the rug with crayons?

• Love 1
On 12/16/2018 at 12:56 PM, MamaMax said:

Proverbs 31:30 New International Version (NIV)

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Is this where the name came from?

image.png.70284d4b8e2559faa449eec72e41e1f4.pngOMG hahahahahahahahahahahaahahah

If I had something like that in my closet I would be definitely cutting it up and using it for rags.

• Love 5
On 12/26/2018 at 5:32 PM, drafan said:

That's a toddler fight. UnderBite is trying to get a toy away from FilthyFeet........ Go, FF !!!! It's probably the last time you will triumph over a DuggMale.

Today there was an article on Yahoo about Meredith’s filthy feet. Jessa comes to her defense by saying it was 60 degrees out, barefoot weather in Ar. 

I guess that could be true since they go barefoot everywhere including weddings. Wasn’t Jill the one with the dirty feet at her wedding? Joy always looks like she’s been digging in a potato patch, as well.

But, how does she explain the filthy carpet that looks like a coal truck left tire tracks all over it? To have little kids play on that filth is sickening. Literally.. I’ll bet if you cultured a piece of that carpet it would be teeming with bacteria.

Cleanliness is not next  to Godliness for the Duggars.

• Love 14

And once they showed Jana and a little girl each with those swiffer wet jets and the pads were filthy.  Those things sound like a nice idea but if you use them and then use a white paper towel and some water, that will turn filthy too. I think they just push the dirt around.  So not only are their carpets a mess, but their hard surfaces too.

• Love 10

Jill, Jessa and Joy all went barefoot at their weddings. So did Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell. They claim it's for religious reasons, but then the men go barefoot and there are no religious reasons for only the women to go barefoot. 

To save money, JB and Michelle had their kids in flip-flops and barefoot all the time, especially the girls even after the television money started coming in. It's what they're used to and it's normal for them.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, bythelake said:

But, how does she explain the filthy carpet that looks like a coal truck left tire tracks all over it? To have little kids play on that filth is sickening. Literally.. I’ll bet if you cultured a piece of that carpet it would be teeming with bacteria.

The carpet just looks weirdly patterned to me. I don't see massive filth. A couple bits of debris maybe. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Jill, Jessa and Joy all went barefoot at their weddings. So did Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell. They claim it's for religious reasons, but then the men go barefoot and there are no religious reasons for only the women to go barefoot. 

To save money, JB and Michelle had their kids in flip-flops and barefoot all the time, especially the girls even after the television money started coming in. It's what they're used to and it's normal for them.

Religious reasons to go barefoot?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Joy wore gladiator sandals.

I remember a Morton wedding in which the groom washed the bride's feet as part of the ceremony. There was apparently biblical backing for this, but I forget the reasoning.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, christine falls said:

The carpet just looks weirdly patterned to me. I don't see massive filth. A couple bits of debris maybe. 

I don't either. Given that the picture was taken on Christmas morning with fifty people in the house, I'd expect lint, threads and slivers of paper to be all over the place. 

• Love 7

I thought Jessa wore ballet flats (or slippers), but I can't find verification and am too lazy to go down a rabbit hole looking. All I remember is that you can't see her feet in any pictures. Conversely, Joy's sandals were visible when she came down a flight of stairs at the church before the ceremony. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Added stuff
  • Love 3
On 12/26/2018 at 4:32 PM, drafan said:

That's a toddler fight. UnderBite is trying to get a toy away from FilthyFeet........ Go, FF !!!! It's probably the last time you will triumph over a DuggMale.

Looks like she may be biting his hand to make him let go. 🤔

17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't either. Given that the picture was taken on Christmas morning with fifty people in the house, I'd expect lint, threads and slivers of paper to be all over the place. 

I swear I read this as filthy people in the house, and your sentence didn't make sense to me. Until I reread it.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I remember a Morton wedding in which the groom washed the bride's feet as part of the ceremony. There was apparently biblical backing for this, but I forget the reasoning.

My cousin did a feet washing ceremony at her wedding, also for the religious implications. I'm a heathen and don't really know the Bible, but it had something to do with Jesus washing the feet of his disciples. I think. For what it's worth, it's kind of awkward to watch and seems super uncomfortable for the groom because he has to put shoes and socks back on.

They also jumped the broom, which was far more interesting to me.

• Love 3

I know some churches that do the footwashing thing somewhat regularly--the point being it demonstrates the humility of the one doing the washing. I just am way too weirded out by feet (and self conscious about the size of mine) to ever participate in such a thing at any time but especially at my wedding. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

I know some churches that do the footwashing thing somewhat regularly--the point being it demonstrates the humility of the one doing the washing. I just am way too weirded out by feet (and self conscious about the size of mine) to ever participate in such a thing at any time but especially at my wedding. 

In the Catholic Church, the priest does it on Holy Thursday to commemorate Christ washing the Apostles' feet at the Last Supper.  It is supposed to represent humility since God himself performed this menial task for mere humans.  Pope Francis has made a point of washing the feet of Muslims, prisoners and women to show that God loves everyone.  I suppose the husband washing the wife's feet at a fundie wedding would symbolize his humility while also reinforcing his role and that he is Jesus-like and she is a follower.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

In the Catholic Church, the priest does it on Holy Thursday to commemorate Christ washing the Apostles' feet at the Last Supper.  It is supposed to represent humility since God himself performed this menial task for mere humans.  Pope Francis has made a point of washing the feet of Muslims, prisoners and women to show that God loves everyone.  I suppose the husband washing the wife's feet at a fundie wedding would symbolize his humility while also reinforcing his role and that he is Jesus-like and she is a follower.

Oh that's interesting! I am personally only familiar with hearing about it at Pentecostal churches. Don't remember seeing it/hearing about it at more Mainline Protestant services, so it didn't even occur to me that it would occur in other denominations. I'm not sure I've ever heard of it at a wedding. 

• Love 1

I was raised Catholic but I converted to Seventh Day Adventism when I was 23.  The SDA church does foot washing on a regular basis.  I left the church 17 years ago, but I remember the foot washing was a scheduled ritual done maybe every three months.  Women in one room and men in another.  Sometimes they had a separate room for married couples.  We women wore pantyhose and had our feet "washed" with the hose on. Then a quick drying and then our damp feet went back into our shoes!  It was all very awkward and plenty of people skipped church that day.

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, Zella said:

Oh that's interesting! I am personally only familiar with hearing about it at Pentecostal churches. Don't remember seeing it/hearing about it at more Mainline Protestant services, so it didn't even occur to me that it would occur in other denominations. I'm not sure I've ever heard of it at a wedding. 

I haven't heard it at a wedding either. As far as I know, though, some Christian churches in pretty much every branch and every denomination have practiced it at some time or other. Orthodox, Mainline, whoever. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Looks like she may be biting his hand to make him let go. 🤔

I swear I read this as filthy people in the house, and your sentence didn't make sense to me. Until I reread it.

I read it that way, too, and thought, "eh, Duggars, yeah, not too clean." Perhaps we can compromise on there having been fifty filthy people in the house.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Also in the Anglican church.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

My first thought after realizing you said fifty people instead of filthy people, was that I hope everyone was keeping a hawkeye on all the little girls during that party.

It would be too easy for a "funny uncle" to corner one somewhere in that big of a crowd.

(and I don't mean "haha" funny)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 6