Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 8/1/2021 at 5:13 PM, drafan said:

Jessa probably makes her watch old Shirley Temple movies.

now wait a minute there...😁......i watch shirley temple movies whenever i run into them on tv.  that is not a punishment in this home.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

I believe the Duggars had been following Gothard's modesty rules for years prior to the molestations.

Lets face it, the Duggars are lazy. I'm sure if they wanted to wear pjs (off camera) they did. But I bet most of them didn't.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, zoomama said:

now wait a minute there...😁......i watch shirley temple movies whenever i run into them on tv.  that is not a punishment in this home.

Uncle Catfish and I watch them when they pop up on TCM.  Not sure if they would approve of her in The Bachelor And The Bobbysoxer.  She plays a high school student with a serious crush on the considerably older Cary Grant.  Guess they could stick to the 1930's films since she was a little girl then.  Hell, what are we talking about?  That bunch probably don't know who the people are anyway!!!  😜

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Wait, I've lost track of who's in the modern era and who isn't.  Do they even have a TV? 

No, of course not, TVs are for heathens. But they have been shown watching wholesome black and white fare (and college football) on the laptop, because that's different, don'tcha know.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Didn't we hear someplace that the rules against pj's, which the Duggars had insisted were due to modesty in front of the film crew, were actually instituted by JB and M after Josh molested the girls?  I seem to recall an insider claiming that. And, of course, that meant the boys couldn't wear pajamas either, in order to keep the ruse up.

I presume the girls to that point probably wore nightgowns rather than Satan's pajama pants, and JB and M wanted more layers between them and their brother, so they were forced to sleep in their clothes/underwear/tights/longjohns and any other barrier that could be thrown up against the molester.

This is what I remember hearing too. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I believe the Duggars had been following Gothard's modesty rules for years prior to the molestations.

Oh, I'm sure they did. I just think those rules took on added significance in the aftermath of the molestations, at least in JB and Michelle's minds, as another bulwark against Satan causing the Crown Prince to molest little girls.

(I'm rolling my eyes just writing this because I think some people in that situation -  they dressed their little daughters out of the Bill Gothard modesty manual, which was supposed to keep them safe, but their son molested them anyway - might have reacted differently. Instead of doubling down on those rules, they might have questioned the rationale behind them, which included preventing the tiny girls from stirring up unbridled male lust. But in the Duggars' case, the rules just helped them rationalize the situation to the benefit of their Crown Prince. TBH that situation is awful for any parents, and I don't know if there's a perfect response. Those true Gothard believers JB and Meech followed the blueprint already laid out by Gothard. How convenient it was there for them.)

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

I’ll believe it when I see it, also where have they got the money to buy a house? 

Same here plus it’s kind of stupid and unprofessional for a realtor to broadcast who her clients are and which house they’re interested in.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

That’s a really nice house, but I don’t know how they can afford a $300,000+ home.

Me neither. They'd have to take out a mortgage and I can't see a bank thinking Bin and his paltry church salary are a good candidate. I guess Boob could co-sign or lend them money, but given what he's spending on Joshley's defense, that's unlikely. 

Jessa's family definitely needs more space, but I loathe the thought of a lovely new home being destroyed by her filthy habits. 

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Me neither. They'd have to take out a mortgage and I can't see a bank thinking Bin and his paltry church salary are a good candidate. I guess Boob could co-sign or lend them money, but given what he's spending on Joshley's defense, that's unlikely. 

Jessa's family definitely needs more space, but I loathe the thought of a lovely new home being destroyed by her filthy habits. 

This ^^^^^

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

But, but, but...aren't Jessa's brothers jackasses of all trades that could build her an addition to her too-small house?  It's not like they have regular jobs or don't have time to do it.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

That’s a really nice house, but I don’t know how they can afford a $300,000+ home.

Not outside the realm of possibility she has that much cash....but I bet it'd be blowing it all to buy a new house. JB might buy the old house at an inflated rate for a little laundering/tax dodging, too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Might be closing on that house by the end of the year? That would be the longest closing I ever heard of unless the sellers have a "when they buy" clause.

Not if it’s a new build. I think Jessa and Ben can easily afford 300K with their tv money.

53 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

Not if it’s a new build. I think Jessa and Ben can easily afford 300K with their tv money.

I didn't listen to the whole podcast, but what it seemed like to me was an existing house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't listen to the whole podcast, but what it seemed like to me was an existing house.

I watched the entire video, and it’s not clear if it’s an existing house or a model home in the pictures. The kitchen makes me think it’s a model, and the narrator did say that Jessa is asking for “some changes” to the home before they close, which to me suggests that Jessa is asking for some changes to the builder’s plan. Who knows for sure. Either way, it’s a lovely home, and I have no doubt that Jessa and Ben will be paying cash for it. The long closing has to be either because it’s a new build or because Jessa wants to wait several months so Fern is at least sleeping through the night when they move. 

Of course, this video may be total bullshit. That’s also a very good possibility. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I can't see Jessa going for a big house like that. I see her more in a ranch like Jill's, or maybe a small cape style home. I think she knows she's lazy and doesn't want a lot of house to take care of.

If she does move, I hope she gets a fenced in yard so the kids can go out and play.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Here's the thing: The video woman also says that Jessa has either already bought and installed a rug in the house -- a rug like that white one that she has in her living room. Or -- according to the woman -- she's lugged her white living room rug over and put it in the house she hasn't bought yet. 

There's a picture of a rug identical to Jessa's white one in a furnished bedroom in that house,.

So,...Has Jessa put her rug (that she's been using in her current house or an identical new one) under somebody else's furniture  in a house she apparently hasn't bought yet but is going to by the end of the year (which is more than four months away)?

Or did she take her rug out of the living room or buy an identical one and put whichever under furniture from a staging company in a house that's still on the market because she won't be buying that house till the end of the year?  

Why -- and how -- the heck would she do that? Why and how the heck would anyone do that?

Why would the house's current owners let her do that? Why didn't they have a rug in their bedroom already? Who lifted up their bed to put Jessa's rug under it? 

Or, if this is a new house, staged, why would the staging company -- who stage houses because they aren't sold yet -- put a rug bought or brought by prospective buyer Jessa under their furniture in a house that Jessa hasn't bought yet? 

This insanity uttered by the woman who runs this youtube channel suggests to me we should go with the second option -- the video is total bullshit. 

I tend to agree. Just a bunch of nonsense.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Here's the thing: The video woman also says that Jessa has either already bought and installed a rug in the house -- a rug like that white one that she has in her living room. Or -- according to the woman -- she's lugged her white living room rug over and put it in the house she hasn't bought yet. 

There's a picture of a rug identical to Jessa's white one in a furnished bedroom in that house,.

So,...Has Jessa put her rug (that she's been using in her current house or an identical new one) under somebody else's furniture  in a house she apparently hasn't bought yet but is going to by the end of the year (which is more than four months away)?

Or did she take her rug out of the living room or buy an identical one and put whichever under furniture from a staging company in a house that's still on the market because she won't be buying that house till the end of the year?  

Why -- and how -- the heck would she do that? Why and how the heck would anyone do that?

Why would the house's current owners let her do that? Why didn't they have a rug in their bedroom already? Who lifted up their bed to put Jessa's rug under it? 

Or, if this is a new house, staged, why would the staging company -- who stage houses because they aren't sold yet -- put a rug bought or brought by prospective buyer Jessa under their furniture in a house that Jessa hasn't bought yet? 

This insanity uttered by the woman who runs this youtube channel suggests to me we should go with the second option -- the video is total bullshit. 

The only scenario which is even remotely conceivable is that by some mad coincidence, this house happened to be staged with a rug identical to Jessa's, so she took it as a sign that this is the house for her, but they can't buy it right now, though she is hoping they will be able to by the end of the year - because, if it's fate (or, rather, the will of God), the house will still be there just waiting for them.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The woman is bonkers.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

The woman is bonkers.  

BINGO! 
I think this woman found a listing of a house that happened to have the same rug as Jessa which is totally possible because that particular rug is everywhere on decor sites, Pinterest etc… heck I almost ordered it last year but found a similar one that wasn’t on every single site I looked at…. Same thing happened with a red ikea rug about 10 years ago, we bought one and then noticed it was everywhere!

I think she’s looking for YouTube clicks and made up the story about the Seewalds buying a house.

• Love 17
On 8/4/2021 at 12:18 PM, FizzyPuff said:

I’ll believe it when I see it, also where have they got the money to buy a house? 

Being on television for over a decade should have given Jessa the money for a new house. Ben was on television a while. Also they seem to own the mold house outright. If they sell it, they can put the money from the mold house towards the new house. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

Wow, Jessa's willing to clean up if it puts a dollar in her pocket. She looks nice. I also think she got lip injections. I googled pics of her as a teenager and her lips were full but not nearly as big as they are here. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7