Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I must of missed that. Do you remember where in the video Jessa filmed herself?

I noticed that she was still pregnant while she was popping popcorn.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Madtown said:

Good grief. Can we all go rescue those kids?

I thought I would die when Ivy said “Praise the Lord!” 😂 She is just precious!  I wish they would get Henry into speech therapy.  He’s as sharp as a tack (all 3 kids are, IMO), but it’s so difficult to understand what he’s saying.  He appears to have an underbite, which may contribute to his speech problem.  Whatever the cause, he needs help from a speech therapist.

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, Madtown said:

Good grief. Can we all go rescue those kids?

This, combined with the pro-life stuff in the Duggar Family Official "goodbye to Counting On," makes me fear that the clan is rebranding their "creative" selves in a more super-churchy form because they've already sniffed out a potential new tv-or-other-media offer for the whole dang family from some Christian media outlet....

Please tell me this is just a paranoid hallucination. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, zenme said:

Omg. Jessa’s videos are soooo boring. 

I only made it three minutes in before I gave up. Their lives are dismal. Even fun activities like camping and fireworks feel like a slog. The kids desperately need socialization, schooling and normalcy. 

• Love 16

Oh my, I scrolled through Jessa's awful video. I am Catholic. If I had religion and God presented to me like those poor Seewald kids do, I'd be an atheist today. I had religious education all through school, Grades 1-12; and my mother was religious and it was in our daily lives practically every day growing up. My mother was example; not instruction.

Do they have any idea that those kids have no idea what they are memorizing? Henry is way behind in his speech, is hardly understandable and desperately needs qualified speech therapy. He obviously is receiving none. Spurge looks bored to tears. 

• Love 24
20 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I thought I would die when Ivy said “Praise the Lord!” 😂 She is just precious!  I wish they would get Henry into speech therapy.  He’s as sharp as a tack (all 3 kids are, IMO), but it’s so difficult to understand what he’s saying.  He appears to have an underbite, which may contribute to his speech problem.  Whatever the cause, he needs help from a speech therapist.

Brainwashed already! Praise the lord!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, zenme said:

Omg. Jessa’s videos are soooo boring. 

That one was ridiculously long and boring.  I had to shut it down shortly after Ivy said, “Praise the Lord.”  Ben doesn’t have a clue about how to present the Bible at a child’s level.  From what I saw, we don’t have to worry about the Seewald kids becoming as brainwashed as the Rod kids.  I think the Seewald’s spiritual training is hit or miss and mostly miss.  I have found that Jessa’s monotone voice is a great sleep inducer, for anyone suffering from insomnia. 😴

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

I hopped around through the video, mostly skipping over Jessa. Spurgie seems completely annoyed with Ivy and maybe a little jealous of not being in the spotlight. To be honest, I'd be annoyed with her too. I get Jessa allowing Ivy to be two, but she could have made an attempt to settle her down or let her go off and play. 

I feel bad for the kids because I don't think Jessa totally understands scripture and I don't think Ben is capable of 'dumbing it down' for the kids to understand. And two of the stories Jessa mentioned were Adam and Eve, and Noah. Probably two of the few Jessa understands - but really - Adam and Eve, and Noah?!

But the kids know God is great and that everyone needs to behave for Jesus. Well maybe Ivy is still learning the behave for Jesus part.

• Love 6

Henry sure likes to sing, he was belting out those songs. Too bad they were not more age appropriate. I learned songs in Sunday school that I actually understood because they were simple not about theology. Poor Spurge, he looks like he is over it all.  The things Ben and Jessa were making the kids memorize is ridiculous and not age appropriate they have no understanding of what they are saying and some of it might be a little scary. I am sad for those kids, well actually the whole family. I know they are not being abused but the way they are being "taught" about their god is going to cause so much confusion and problems. I would not be surprised if most of them reject it at some point as adults. 

• Love 10
(edited)
23 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

Henry sure likes to sing, he was belting out those songs. Too bad they were not more age appropriate. I learned songs in Sunday school that I actually understood because they were simple not about theology. Poor Spurge, he looks like he is over it all.  The things Ben and Jessa were making the kids memorize is ridiculous and not age appropriate they have no understanding of what they are saying and some of it might be a little scary. I am sad for those kids, well actually the whole family. I know they are not being abused but the way they are being "taught" about their god is going to cause so much confusion and problems. I would not be surprised if most of them reject it at some point as adults. 

I consider brainwashing and not properly educating kids to be a form of abuse. Unfortunately, that’s all legal in this country.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 15
(edited)
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

Oh my, I scrolled through Jessa's awful video. I am Catholic. If I had religion and God presented to me like those poor Seewald kids do, I'd be an atheist today. I had religious education all through school, Grades 1-12; and my mother was religious and it was in our daily lives practically every day growing up. My mother was example; not instruction.

Do they have any idea that those kids have no idea what they are memorizing? Henry is way behind in his speech, is hardly understandable and desperately needs qualified speech therapy. He obviously is receiving none. Spurge looks bored to tears. 

Atheism isn't about lack of example or poor example in religious instruction. It's pretty offensive to think that atheists are atheists because we didn't have a better example. I had many examples, good, bad, and ugly. I've been an atheist since before I knew the term. 

Topic: Did Jessa have that kid yet? 

Edited by Heathen
  • Useful 2
  • Love 21
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Atheism isn't about lack of example or poor example in religious instruction. 

Topic: Did Jessa have that kid yet? 

Yep, I was raised Catholic, church every Sunday, CCD, confirmation, etc and I am still an atheist.  I doubt Jessa has any true understanding of either her religion or anyone else’s religion.  But she sure knows how to use religion as a form of control. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 19
13 hours ago, crazy8s said:

it was when they were making the popcorn. Ben must have been filming then.

I am not convinced this all happened on the 4th. My guess is the fireworks shopping, popcorn/movie night and fireworks in the backyard all happened a different day, maybe weeks ago given how they mess with timelines.

They have a birthday week so maybe four days of Fourth of July?

14 hours ago, ozziemom said:

It always seems so hypocritical that they say No TV but then watch things on a tiny laptop. I guess it’s a control issue. But we’ve seen a big TV at TTH. Maybe this is Jessa being a minimalist.

They could get one and not turn it on all the time. If the kids are sooo obedient, it shouldn’t be a problem. 

• Love 8

At one point when Bin was reading the story, jessa chimed in with a comment and he barely glanced at her, just kept talking over her. I’m surprised she left that in!  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, awaken said:

At one point when Bin was reading the story, jessa chimed in with a comment and he barely glanced at her, just kept talking over her. I’m surprised she left that in!  

I noticed that, Jessa chimed in a few times and Ben totally ignored her and kept talking… he could have said something like “that’s right mommy” or acknowledged but he didn’t at all it was kind of rude.

3 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

They have a birthday week so maybe four days of Fourth of July?

They could get one and not turn it on all the time. If the kids are sooo obedient, it shouldn’t be a problem. 

When they were at a hotel and Spurgeon went to look for the remote Ben told him not to bother because mommy hid them… then Ben launched into a boring sermon and Jessa said maybe they could watch tv later and Spurge called her out and said “we’ll have to go to bed later and won’t be able to watch” and Jessa just ignored him cause she knew he was on to her tactics. 🙄

• Love 6

Henry was really into the singing just belting out the words but I kept worrying that Ivy was gonna kick him in his family jewels, he was sprawled with his legs towards Ivy and she was sprawled with her legs toward him and she kept kicking into his crotch area….Henry must be used to it because he kept putting his hands in his crotch like he’d been kicked there before by Ivy. 🥴

Spurgeon looked bored to death and barely sang…. I’ve been wondering and maybe someone can answer… if Ben is the school teacher at the TTH does he ever take Spurge there to attend school?… Spurge really should be in school and if Ben doesn’t include him I wonder why?

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Benessa have all the charm of pit vipers. 

I suspect Ben wouldn't be so bad if Jessa wasn't storing his balls in her dresser drawer, under the mound of dirty diapers.

I do think Ben loves his kids. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
(edited)

I know I'm biased because I'm an evil Catholic who is also a teacher, but....

Keeping with the depressing theme of Spurgeon's life, it BROKE MY HEART when Ben was attempting (very horribly) to demonstrate the idea of a lame man not being able to walk.

Spurgeon managed to squeak out: "Why was he.....?", clearly having a, GASP!, question, but Spurgeon didn't finish his thought nor did Bin acknowledge Spurgeon's attempt at LEARNING or being inquisitive. 

The fact that Spurge was asking about the origins of how one would become lame is evidence (to me) that he's a curious wee guy who would likely flourish in a real school, but as everyone has said here for years, it's absolutely devastating that he was born to a pair of morons.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 15

When Jessa was a child and a young teen, I thought she’d be one of the people that would leave.  I got my first sign that I was wrong when she wouldn’t even talk to the people who were part of her engagement scavenger hunt.  
Plus she married someone barely legal and in no way mature enough to get married. Now here they are, Jim Bob and Michelle clones. 

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

When Jessa was a child and a young teen, I thought she’d be one of the people that would leave.  I got my first sign that I was wrong when she wouldn’t even talk to the people who were part of her engagement scavenger hunt.  
Plus she married someone barely legal and in no way mature enough to get married. Now here they are, Jim Bob and Michelle clones. 

Me too. I would never have guessed Jessa would be the daughter crammed into a too-small house with too many kids. Back in her hot days, I figured she'd marry a rich Conservative Christian guy and fly the coop. I wonder if she regrets jumping the gun with Bin. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Me too. I would never have guessed Jessa would be the daughter crammed into a too-small house with too many kids. Back in her hot days, I figured she'd marry a rich Conservative Christian guy and fly the coop. I wonder if she regrets jumping the gun with Bin. 

She could’ve had Tim Tebow! 🥰

• LOL 15
27 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Even if she regrets it now, she can't admit it. She's wholly and completely stuck. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Sile said:

Okay I actually ffed to where the kids were on the sofa and watched a couple minutes...

What is it with those "hymns"??  Having toddlers rote singing all these heavy lyrics about God's wrath being satisfied and once being enemies we now get to sit at the table?  So God was pissed until Jesus was killed and then everything was hunky dory and he gave out invites to come over for Christmas lunch?

I mean, I'm not expecting Ave Maria or anything, but whatever happened to "This Little Light of Mine"?

Amen! 🙌🏼

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Bridget said:

I know I'm biased because I'm an evil Catholic who is also a teacher, but....

Keeping with the depressing theme of Spurgeon's life, it BROKE MY HEART when Ben was attempting (very horribly) to demonstrate the idea of a lame man not being able to walk.

Spurgeon managed to squeak out: "Why was he.....?", clearly having a, GASP!, question, but Spurgeon didn't finish his thought nor did Bin acknowledge Spurgeon's attempt at LEARNING or being inquisitive. 

The fact that Spurge was asking about the origins of how one would become lame is evidence (to me) that he's a curious wee guy who would likely flourish in a real school, but as everyone has said here for years, it's absolutely devastating that he was born to a pair of morons.

All of Ben and Jessa’s offspring are well and truly screwed.  It’s a crying shame.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Fear is a powerful force. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Sile said:

So God was pissed until Jesus was killed and then everything was hunky dory and he gave out invites to come over for Christmas lunch?

Well…yeah. That’s their basic message. 

• LOL 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I got my first sign that I was wrong when she wouldn’t even talk to the people who were part of her engagement scavenger hunt.  

I remember watching that and I couldn’t get over how cold, business like and aloof Jessa was to the people providing the next clue… I was like “would it kill u to act a little happy or grateful or at least polite?”

she was so robotic that even though I’d always thought she was very pretty she didn’t look pretty anymore… she acted like an ass and ruined the whole thing.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Punctuation
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I remember watching that and I couldn’t get over how cold, business like and aloof Jessa was to the people providing the next clue… I was like “would it kill u to act a little happy or grateful or at least polite?”

she was so robotic that even though I’d always thought she was very pretty she didn’t look pretty anymore… she acted like an ass and ruined the whole thing.

I’ve got to rewatch that episode. I remember it from back then, but it would be interesting to see with what we know has transpired during the intervening years. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, awaken said:

I’ve got to rewatch that episode. I remember it from back then, but it would be interesting to see with what we know has transpired during the intervening years. 

Same here… I need to watch it again and see if my opinion has softened… I doubt it but it would be interesting to find out as you said “knowing what has transpired during the intervening years”

• Love 4

Jessa is not necessarily overdue. She could be overdue, but it's possible she's due the end of the July. We won't know for sure until she tells us. It's more likely she'll tell us after the baby is born.

• Love 11
Just now, Temperance said:

Jessa is not necessarily overdue. She could be overdue, but it's possible she's due the end of the July. We won't know for sure until she tells us. It's more likely she'll tell us after the baby is born.

She’s a known liar, but ok.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

She’s a known liar, but ok.

@Temperance is basing the possible due date on the fact that Jessa had her ultrasound on 1/25. If she was 14 weeks, her due date would be at the end of the month. However, her recent pics show that she's ready to pop any day. She has said she gained more weight this time, but it appears she's going to have another Spurgeon sized baby. IIRC, he was well over 9 lbs.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

@Temperance is basing the possible due date on the fact that Jessa had her ultrasound on 1/25. If she was 14 weeks, her due date would be at TBE end of the month. However, her recent pics show that she's ready to pop any day. She has said she gained more weight this time, but it appears she's going to have another Spurgeon sized baby. IIRC, he was well over 9 lbs.

I don't think someone's appearances tells you anything. One of my friends looked like she about to have a baby the last couple months of her pregnancy. She ended up having the baby on her due date. Plenty of women just get big, and I wouldn't use "bump size" as a guide to a due date.

Editting to add: Jessa's bump also looks bigger in profile than it does when she's facing front.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 7

Do we have any guesses on what the name will be for a boy or girl?

2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She has said she gained more weight this time, but it appears she's going to have another Spurgeon sized baby. IIRC, he was well over 9 lbs.

Omg! That’s huge especially for a first baby!

I had no idea that Spurgeon was that large. 😳

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Do we have any guesses on what the name will be for a boy or girl?

Guillotine Shelf Seewald

Salmon Tunaonrye

Arkansas

WIC Check

Instawald

Hashtag

Hope Weehold

Innocence Michelle

All she’s got is time to think of a ridiculous name to recapture the public imagination. Don’t let us down Jessa!

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Guillotine Shelf Seewald

Salmon Tunaonrye

Arkansas

WIC Check

Instawald

Hashtag

Hope Weehold

Innocence Michelle

All she’s got is time to think of a ridiculous name to recapture the public imagination. Don’t let us down Jessa!

I vote for Instawald! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, zenme said:

How could we guess? I mean, she’s got a kid named “Spurgeon.” Spurgeon. S P U R G E O N.

When I read your post, I really sat and thought about the insanity of this name, and laughed for a good 3 minutes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 7/9/2021 at 3:00 PM, Churchhoney said:

This, combined with the pro-life stuff in the Duggar Family Official "goodbye to Counting On," makes me fear that the clan is rebranding their "creative" selves in a more super-churchy form because they've already sniffed out a potential new tv-or-other-media offer for the whole dang family from some Christian media outlet....

Please tell me this is just a paranoid hallucination. 

Maybe they are trying to get on CBN.

• Love 2