Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's all speculation, but if Jessa's still pregnant she must be way past her due date. If feels like she announced and did that ultrasound ages ago. 

Eta: Wow, so I just checked and the ultrasound was only three months ago. Why does it feel like this has been the longest pregnancy ever? 

No, she had the ultrasound on 1/25. Your first instinct was the correct one! 😁

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
22 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I'm guessing they're in their PJs because the fireworks are after bedtime, and they know the kids will fall asleep in the car on the way home. We usually put our kids in PJs if we're doing something close to bedtime so that we don't have to wake them up when we get home. 

I thought the general consensus was that these feral kids have no actual bedtime.   

I do love the bare feet and the group positioning where they can all pray to the great Chick-Fil-A god under the fireworks.  Magical.   

Never stop being you, Jessa.  But she may want to tell her sperm donor that HE is not eating for 2.  He's getting pudgy.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13

That’s one of the things with the pj thing. Those kids are getting dirty and, I’m sure, sweaty. It’s summer in Arkansas. It’s hot and they’re wearing long sleeves and long pants. I can only imagine she rarely cleans her sheets and the bed and linens probably stinks. 🤮

• Love 2

Jessa must have had this child by now.

Is she busy editing her own birth episode? She obviously isn't worried about privacy for the kids, as she's still posting the older 3. She's missing out on all the new baby clicks.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, zenme said:

That’s one of the things with the pj thing. Those kids are getting dirty and, I’m sure, sweaty. It’s summer in Arkansas. It’s hot and they’re wearing long sleeves and long pants. I can only imagine she rarely cleans her sheets and the bed and linens probably stinks. 🤮

I doubt Jessa bathes them daily in this heat or changes the sheets. 

Her house and birthing couch reek.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

To be fair, I wouldn't want to be bathing three kids all that often whilst eleventy-months pregnant (or immediately post partum, depending on your view of Schrödinger's uterus...). 

Ben is by far the cleanest/ most well-groomed member of the family (a low bar, for sure)-- maybe he needs to take it upon himself to bathe the kids. 

And maybe he does.  We don't know exactly what goes on there only given her brief YouTube videos. Which aren't great.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

And maybe he does.  We don't know exactly what goes on there only given her brief YouTube videos. Which aren't great.

If Ben does he’s doing a lousy job. Ben should have the same standards of cleanliness and grooming for his kids as he does for himself. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

To be fair, I wouldn't want to be bathing three kids all that often whilst eleventy-months pregnant (or immediately post partum, depending on your view of Schrödinger's uterus...). 

Ben is by far the cleanest/ most well-groomed member of the family (a low bar, for sure)-- maybe he needs to take it upon himself to bathe the kids. 

Love it!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I’m assuming it was on the Fourth of July because of the fireworks?

Thats what I'm assuming,  too, but from the pics she posted from the same event people were speculating she'd given birth.

As far as her not announcing she'd given birth, shes so desperate to stay relevant that I think she'd announce the birth in some way. That's just my opinion. 

• Love 9

So all of a sudden Jessa felt the overwhelming need to show the world how much fun they pack in one day. They shop for fireworks, make popcorn, watch something kid friendly, do their own fireworks show, have a healthy snack, and pick the worst spot ever to watch professional fireworks. What a load of excrement.

OMG, someone said Bin was wearing Dirty Dancing shorts, and I just saw them for the first time Why????? 😂

• LOL 15
6 minutes ago, beckie said:

Thats what I'm assuming,  too, but from the pics she posted from the same event people were speculating she'd given birth.

As far as her not announcing she'd given birth, shes so desperate to stay relevant that I think she'd announce the birth in some way. That's just my opinion. 

She is absolutely desperate and pathetic.

• Love 10

I feel like this video was Jessa's attempt to shut down the Internet critics. "See, we have fun! I style my kids' hair! They eat fruit! We're happy! DON'T WE LOOK HAPPY?!!!!!!!." 

The only time Ben and Jessa interacted was when he handed her a bug. 

The kids are cute, but their expressions are always glazed over. Maybe it's because Jessa tends to film them in the car, but they already look dead in the eyes and that's really sad.  

I don't think they could've chosen a worse location to watch the fireworks. Busy street and giant sign obscuring the view. 

Bin's jorts were bursting at the seams. 

• Love 15

That was incredibly mundane.  

Ivy is cute; I do enjoy watching her.  They kept telling her not to touch the fireworks, yet she was put into the cart with them, and at home was running around with it while they told her multiple times to put it down.  Geez!  When it comes to running around holding a firework, I'd MAKE SURE it was out of the kids' way!!

Ben is just so dull.  He barely said a word except for "why not" when the kids asked for stuff.  

And why do they wear such tight clothes, esp in the heat?  

@BitterAppleexactly- "we do style Ivy's hair!  We give Spurgeon a haircut!  We eat fruit!"

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I feel like this video was Jessa's attempt to shut down the Internet critics. "See, we have fun! I style my kids' hair! They eat fruit! We're happy! DON'T WE LOOK HAPPY?!!!!!!!." 

The only time Ben and Jessa interacted was when he handed her a bug. 

The kids are cute, but their expressions are always glazed over. Maybe it's because Jessa tends to film them in the car, but they already look dead in the eyes and that's really sad.  

I don't think they could've chosen a worse location to watch the fireworks. Busy street and giant sign obscuring the view. 

Bin's jorts were bursting at the seams. 

Jessa also attempted to shut down the critics on the subject of her kids' hair since she shaved the sides of Spurge's and claimed he had the same haircut as Ben (no, he doesn't) and we saw Ivy in braids and then a ponytail to keep her hair under control.

I guess Jessa also noted the speculation that her parenting style was most like her parents' which is why we got to see the kids wearing PJ's, albeit winter PJ's, which considering the temps were in the upper 80's on the 4th, seems a little much.  I get the idea behind putting them in pajamas in case they fall asleep, but how about summer pj's that aren't too tight on them?  All 3 needed at least 1 size up.  For the record, Jessa's kids wear pajamas to bed and she is not one bit like JB and M.  So there!

When they were watching the fireworks, I, too, wondered why they picked such a bad spot.  The streetlights and traffic detract from the brightness and sound of the fireworks and it seemed like they were so far away that they barely cleared the roof of the Chick Fil A.  There seemed to be other people watching from there, too, though surely there were better vantage points than that.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Jessa also attempted to shut down the critics on the subject of her kids' hair since she shaved the sides of Spurge's and claimed he had the same haircut as Ben (no, he doesn't) and we saw Ivy in braids and then a ponytail to keep her hair under control.

I guess Jessa also noted the speculation that her parenting style was most like her parents' which is why we got to see the kids wearing PJ's, albeit winter PJ's, which considering the temps were in the upper 80's on the 4th, seems a little much.  I get the idea behind putting them in pajamas in case they fall asleep, but how about summer pj's that aren't too tight on them?  All 3 needed at least 1 size up.  For the record, Jessa's kids wear pajamas to bed and she is not one bit like JB and M.  So there!

When they were watching the fireworks, I, too, wondered why they picked such a bad spot.  The streetlights and traffic detract from the brightness and sound of the fireworks and it seemed like they were so far away that they barely cleared the roof of the Chick Fil A.  There seemed to be other people watching from there, too, though surely there were better vantage points than that.

Jessa must think we are really stupid. The boys and Ben do not have the same haircut. Who cares if she shaved the sides when they still have hair on their forehead.

What does Jessa have against summer PJs? I know she has been branding herself a minimalist, she made a video showing how very few clothes the kids have.  Does each kid have only one pair of PJs?

Someone noted the lack of interaction between Ben and Jessa. How can they live that way? SBaba and I have been together for 26 years and there’s always something to talk, laugh, or play devil’s advocate about.

OTOH, SBaba has a job, a demanding one. We are not together 24/7. Thanks to the pandemic we were from last March to August, and we did make sure to have alone time. Ben and Jessa seem like they can’t stand each other. 

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Most kids' summer clothes are comfy enough to wear to bed. I see no reason in this particular outing to put them in pjs.

My boys wear sport shorts and ts all summer. Long ago I ditched the idea of pjs. They’ll just change into clean cloths before bed. Heck I don’t wear pjs really anymore.  Leggings and tshirt is good enough. Also my kids were never ones you could move without waking them up. 90% of the time just turning off the car would wake them. 

Jessa seems to be stuck on “This is how I was raised so that’s what I’m going to do” not taking a moment to think through it to see if it actually makes a lick of sense. Plus she seems very stubborn. Admitting that maybe she might have to try something else or maybe raising a family of soon to be 6 people isn’t a great idea, she’ll dig in harder. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Also, "Seee, I'm still pregnant! (or was four days ago)"

• Love 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Most kids' summer clothes are comfy enough to wear to bed. I see no reason in this particular outing to put them in pjs.

1 hour ago, Trillium said:

My boys wear sport shorts and ts all summer. Long ago I ditched the idea of pjs. They’ll just change into clean cloths before bed. Heck I don’t wear pjs really anymore.  Leggings and tshirt is good enough. Also my kids were never ones you could move without waking them up. 90% of the time just turning off 

I’m really glad someone said this!  I totally agree and that what we all do… I was beginning to feel like a filthy freak for not having special, seasonal pajama sets for the family!  Basically t shirts, tank tops, leggings, underwear, etc

• Love 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, awaken said:

I’m really glad someone said this!  I totally agree and that what we all do… I was beginning to feel like a filthy freak for not having special, seasonal pajama sets for the family!  Basically t shirts, tank tops, leggings, underwear, etc

Same here, haven’t worn actual PJ’s in years… I much prefer a big, baggy soft cotton t-shirt with boy short style underwear… so comfy! 👍🏻

a friend of mine has to have actual matching PJ top and bottom, they look so uncomfortable to me but she says… “if the house catches fire I don’t want to be out on the lawn in my underwear and a t-shirt with neighbours everywhere!” 😂

I don’t know why Jessa dresses her kids in such tight clothing, I feel uncomfortable just looking at them… I have anxiety and feel claustrophobic if I’m in clothing that restricts my movement or is too warm and tight.

I couldn’t believe after reinforcing the BiG RULE “No touching the fireworks” they literally sat Ivy in the wagon and she mauled all the rockets even pulling some apart, then again at home Ivy was running all over with fireworks in her hands.

I thought Ben sounded a little pissed when he caught Ivy tearing around with the rocket while Jessa just kept filming.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Punctuation
  • Love 18
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Video:

I was impressed that they were listening to secular music (“Sweet Home Alabama”!) in the car.  I figured they only listened to church music.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I forgot to say how pathetic their movie night was…. Poor little Ivy sitting at the end of the couch trying to look sideways to see the movie on that little laptop was ridiculous 🙄

I get it, TV is evil!… The children must not be exposed to it!!!…. But come on, they could get a used projector (they’re cheap if you look around) and beam the video onto a wall or even take it outside and project it onto a white sheet, the kids would love it and no one would put their neck out of joint trying to watch it from a 90 degree angle.

• Love 19
12 hours ago, beckie said:

Depending on when she filmed this, shes still big pregnant in it.

I must of missed that. Do you remember where in the video Jessa filmed herself?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I forgot to say how pathetic their movie night was…. Poor little Ivy sitting at the end of the couch trying to look sideways to see the movie on that little laptop was ridiculous 🙄

I get it, TV is evil!… The children must not be exposed to it!!!…. But come on, they could get a used projector (they’re cheap if you look around) and beam the video onto a wall or even take it outside and project it onto a white sheet, the kids would love it and no one would put their neck out of joint trying to watch it from a 90 degree angle.

It always seems so hypocritical that they say No TV but then watch things on a tiny laptop. I guess it’s a control issue. But we’ve seen a big TV at TTH. Maybe this is Jessa being a minimalist.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

it was when they were making the popcorn. Ben must have been filming then.

I am not convinced this all happened on the 4th. My guess is the fireworks shopping, popcorn/movie night and fireworks in the backyard all happened a different day, maybe weeks ago given how they mess with timelines.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

it was when they were making the popcorn. Ben must have been filming then.

I am not convinced this all happened on the 4th. My guess is the fireworks shopping, popcorn/movie night and fireworks in the backyard all happened a different day, maybe weeks ago given how they mess with timelines.

Thank-you!

I agree. The night of the fireworks Ben is wearing different clothing. I think Jessa had the baby prior to the 4th.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
56 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I follow several people on YouTube who don't post their videos in "real time." For example, people who are full-time or part-time nomads, will generally post videos from their travels a week or so after filming. Often it's a concern for privacy and safety; for example, "my stay in Santa Fe" doesn't hit YT until they are already out of Santa Fe and at their next destination. I assume other YT creators also mess with timelines for whatever reasons. Including the need to shoot enough footage to create a video they think is worth posting. 

Not that I've ever felt the need to watch any of Jessa's videos; I just rely on what is disclosed in these discussions. Seems that she's doing a typical half-*ssed Duggar job in her YT videos; cobbling together footage without being clear that some scenes where shot on different days. It's not that hard to create a YT video that makes it clear in a pleasant way that scenes were shot at different times, etc. But maybe it's too much work for Jessa. However since she's either still big pregnant or has just delivered a baby, I'll give her a pass on that editing job. I wonder if Ben actually helped edit that video? Nah. He'd have to get involved and he seems pretty checked out these days. He's no longer that teenager avidly courting the Hot Duggar Daughter, and reveling in Teh Sex after the wedding. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

When they were in the kitchen making popcorn,  Jessa was in the shot and for a split second you could see her hugely still pregnant belly. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Thank-you!

I agree. The night of the fireworks Ben is wearing different clothing. I think Jessa had the baby prior to the 4th.

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

When they were in the kitchen making popcorn,  Jessa was in the shot and for a split second you could see her hugely still pregnant belly. 

That's why I said in my original post "depending on when she filmed this..."

She might have had the baby before the 4th, but I kind of doubt it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree. The night of the fireworks Ben is wearing different clothing. I think Jessa had the baby prior to the 4th

Ben is in a different outfit, but Jessa looks like she's wearing the same black t-shirt throughout. So it's either two different days, or Ben showered and changed before fireworks. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Good grief. Can we all go rescue those kids?

I only made it through the first 3-4 minutes.  What a bunch of gobbledy-gook!  No way those kids have any idea what she's talking about; SHE doesn't have any idea what she is talking about.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Does she wear that same black outfit every day or did she just do a bunch of videos on one day?

She probably filmed a bunch so we won’t notice when she is missing for a while. She can have her baby and we won’t know! I, for one, don’t care when she delivers, I just hope she is in a hospital. She really needs some lessons in editing and filming for YouTube if she hopes to cash in though.

• Love 10
(edited)
10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Jill is still so adamantly anti physical TV too. Jim Bob and Michelle did a pretty good job of hammering in those ridiculous beliefs. They treat the TV technicality the same way other people treat oral and anal sex ‘not counting’. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11