Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

My completely unfounded hypothesis is that Jessa is subconsciously attempting to self harm and/or damage her fertility with these homebirths. She can't risk losing the financial support from Boob but really doesn't want more kids. But if something goes awry while birthing God's army, then it can't be held against her.

• Useful 16

Jessa and her family filmed Spurgie's birth. This was during Scandals 1 & 2. When TLC rebranded they used the Duggar footage in an episode. They don't have the benefit of TLC this time around, but I can see her putting it on YouTube. Jessa will get way more clicks for a birth than she does for the other crap she posts.

I think she's still playing games on SM now. She posted the (old?) pic of her with Michelle and Jana and then one of the boys the following day. And she was selling pillows shortly before that. Jessa doesn't typically post more than once a week. She seems to be trying to keep followers interested knowing many of them are waiting for the birth announcement. Or she's already given birth and is dragging it out as she's been known to do. Whatever is going on, I'm sure it involves some kind of "savvy" scheming by Jessa, who thinks she is the master of smoke and mirrors.

As far as filming hospital births, there's plenty of footage they can get even if the hospital won't allow the actual birth to be filmed. The Bates have it down to a science.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
(edited)

For work, I was in a long-term care facility the other day. Passed by a room with a name label of “Charles Spurgeon” and thought of the preacher’s five-year-old namesake.

Edited by LilJen
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

Cute pic…. With Jessa I always wonder if they were posed or coached… hopefully it’s genuine ❤️

I’m going with coached 

• Love 18
(edited)
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Cute pic…. With Jessa I always wonder if they were posed or coached… hopefully it’s genuine ❤️

Looks coached to me. They have their arms around each other AND they are both holding the other’s hand. I could buy maybe one of the boys doing that spontaneously.

But both translates to cool poses that Jessa found…maybe someone’s Pride post got reinterpreted. 

Edited by peachybean
Spacing is a good thing.
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11

They’re always coached.

There is a whole Instagram community of Christian homeschooling moms with more than 3 kids competing for followers and product sponsorships. They all have posted pictures of their kids just like this. It's actually rather disturbing how coached some of these kids are to pose for the camera at such a young age. Jessa's actually aren't as bad as some of the others who appear to be filming their kids for hours each day. I wonder if Jessa will step up her game now that TLC money will no longer be coming in. 

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

There is a whole Instagram community of Christian homeschooling moms with more than 3 kids competing for followers and product sponsorships. They all have posted pictures of their kids just like this. It's actually rather disturbing how coached some of these kids are to pose for the camera at such a young age. Jessa's actually aren't as bad as some of the others who appear to be filming their kids for hours each day. I wonder if Jessa will step up her game now that TLC money will no longer be coming in. 

I have a HS classmate on Facebook, she’s not fundy but a photographer and aspiring mommy blogger and all her posts are so extra. Her kids are always dressed photogenically, coordinated, and of course always hugging and kissing and “spontaneously” slow dancing to her and her husband’s song in the garage. Her oldest is now a tween and some of her recent posts is that he’s struggling with self esteem and body image issues, all while also posting pictures of her post work out in a sports bra at a carefully chosen angle. Well, no shit lady, of course he’s having issues. His whole life he’s always had to be “on”, camera shoved in his face even when he’s sick,  and no doubt is aware of her “look how skinny I’m getting” posts. I feel bad for him and don’t blame him for being done with the posing bullshit. 

Since this is all Jessa knows, I’m not sure what she’s going to do to keep it up for more than a few years. It’s a ton of work and eventually these complaint preschoolers grow up to tweens/teens and are out of fucks to give. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

eventually these complaint preschoolers grow up to tweens/teens and are out of fucks to give. 

Isn't that why you keep on having new ones to take their place?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Late to the game here but what exactly does Ben Seewald do to bring in income? Does he have a job other than being on the TLC show? 

He's apparently got some kind of preaching gig now. And TLC didn't pay much, especially considering how little they filmed. In the past, Jessa has alluded to him going to work, the assumption for a lot of people being that he was still JB's errand boy but they're too embarrassed to admit that on social media. I don't have much of an opinion either way, but it wouldn't surprise me if Ben has/had an actual 9-5 job that they didn't talk about because 1)they're not supposed to work for other people and 2)if the job was for a non-religious company, they were concerned that critics would call and complain him.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

He's apparently got some kind of preaching gig now. And TLC didn't pay much, especially considering how little they filmed. In the past, Jessa has alluded to him going to work, the assumption for a lot of people being that he was still JB's errand boy but they're too embarrassed to admit that on social media. I don't have much of an opinion either way, but it wouldn't surprise me if Ben has/had an actual 9-5 job that they didn't talk about because 1)they're not supposed to work for other people and 2)if the job was for a non-religious company, they were concerned that critics would call and complain him.

Realizing that the Duggars are a family of 20+, and their episodes have been reduced, I still think they made good money from TLC.

Outdaughtered is a family of 8 and have filmed for four years. They are already this rich ⬇️. This is the dad's custom made Jeep Gladiator Mojave. Starting price is $44,320.

image.png.b5ac86f8d6daffb2bd806be5eecaa232.png

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Realizing that the Duggars are a family of 20+, and their episodes have been reduced, I still think they made good money from TLC.

Outdaughtered is a family of 8 and have filmed for four years. They are already this rich ⬇️. This is the dad's custom made Jeep Gladiator Mojave. Starting price is $44,320.

image.png.b5ac86f8d6daffb2bd806be5eecaa232.png

They wouldn't be the first to blow new money on big cars, but I take your point. Still, CO was getting very few episodes per year, and the first couple of seasons had no advertisers outside of TLC's own shows. TLC had no reason to offer much and the Duggars weren't in a position to make demands. At most, I think it was decent side-hustle money for Ben and Jessa rather than the bulk of their income. The loss will hurt, but not cripple.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Outdaughtered is a family of 8 and have filmed for four years. They are already this rich ⬇️. This is the dad's custom made Jeep Gladiator Mojave. Starting price is $44,320.

Gee, I remember a post by that same Dad speaking back against haters by saying they have to do the show and exploit their kids on Instagram to buy food, or they would starve. All the famewhores on these TLC shows are the same. It's all about the fame and money. 

• Love 19
(edited)
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

vxme81ciki971.png?width=828&format=png&a

Is Jessa wearing a baby wrap in the picture? It looks like an awkward angle to frame out a newborn. And she looks REALLY tired. Officially putting in my bet that Seawald #4 is here. [ETA: or is this screenshots from a video that I didn't watch that totally disproves my theory?]

Edited by absnow54
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

Is Jessa wearing a baby wrap in the picture? It looks like an awkward angle to frame out a newborn. And she looks REALLY tired. Officially putting in my bet that Seawald #4 is here. [ETA: or is this screenshots from a video that I didn't watch that totally disproves my theory?]

Looks like it!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, zenme said:

Why is that little boy wearing pjs? Yuck. That looks dirty. I bet my lunch that kid will be wearing those same pjs to bed. 

I'm guessing they're in their PJs because the fireworks are after bedtime, and they know the kids will fall asleep in the car on the way home. We usually put our kids in PJs if we're doing something close to bedtime so that we don't have to wake them up when we get home. 

• Love 18
Just now, GeeGolly said:

It does look like a baby wrap. Poor little days old baby subjected to loud fireworks.

IKR? Ben couldn’t take the kids himself? 

• Love 10

The picture of Jessa looks like she is sitting in a car. There is a car seat behind her. It could be the seatbelt strap. If she took a newborn infant to a firework display she and Ben are dumber that I thought. 

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

The picture of Jessa looks like she is sitting in a car. There is a car seat behind her. It could be the seatbelt strap. If she took a newborn infant to a firework display she and Ben are dumber that I thought. 

I think she's outside because of the blue sky above. That could be a stroller behind her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

It is really hard to imagine that a person of just walking around sense would take an infant to a fireworks display. But then again it's Jessa and Ben Seewald.

Jill traveled with the family on the Stink Bus when she was only days removed from having a C-section, so I can believe it. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Well, I guess if Jesus is protecting you… all bets are off, right?

These men can’t take trips or do outings alone? I don’t get it. Don’t get me wrong, I miss my husband when he’s away, but I always find some enjoyment in it. Eat what I want, watch what I want, and sleep when I want, not having to take him into consideration. I guess when they’re so used to being with their spouse they can’t handle the short separation. I guess growing up with Jim Bob and Michelle tied at the hip, and Josh and his predilections, they’d rather not leave the poor men vulnerable to Satan attacks.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, zenme said:

Why is that little boy wearing pjs? Yuck. That looks dirty. I bet my lunch that kid will be wearing those same pjs to bed. 

All 3 kids are wearing pj’s.  It definitely looks like Jessa has on a baby carrier.  Ivy Jane looks dejected and miserable.  I suspect that she’s figuring out that she’s no longer the baby and will soon be a sister-mom.  The Seewald’s are idiots.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, zenme said:

These men can’t take trips or do outings alone? I don’t get it. Don’t get me wrong, I miss my husband when he’s away, but I always find some enjoyment in it. Eat what I want, watch what I want, and sleep when I want, not having to take him into consideration. I guess when they’re so used to being with their spouse they can’t handle the short separation. I guess growing up with Jim Bob and Michelle tied at the hip, and Josh and his predilections, they’d rather not leave the poor men vulnerable to Satan attacks.

Sounds like my parents. They missed each other when they were away. But if Dad was away Mom didn't cook and ate out in restaurants and if Mom was away Dad ate a ton more junk food then normal. They both got to have the whole bed to themselves and the TV. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, lascuba said:

Or 3) they didn’t want random fans or snarkers contacting him or showing up at the business.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

It definitely looks like Jessa is wearing a baby wrap deliberately concealed by her hair curtain. I wonder why they haven't done an announcement?

To Gin up speculation, like we're doing?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Jill posted a picture of Jessa and the family. Jessa is in black and the boys in front of her, so I can't tell if still pregnant

I also noticed that Ben made the lunch date while Derelict was absent, likely working at a real job. 

• Useful 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

kendra and Joe took a very new baby to Justin and Claire's wedding during a pandemic...

Yea that's crazy but taking a newborn to a fireworks display is a whole other level of insanity and cruelty for a baby. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It definitely looks like Jessa is wearing a baby wrap deliberately concealed by her hair curtain. I wonder why they haven't done an announcement?

Well, at least we know that she didn't die during childbirth. Mother. Isn't. Bleeding.

Bin is wearing Dirty Dancing shorts.

Lots of NIKE! all around at the fireworks.

Henry is balancing on the top of a fire hydrant. If he were to fall straight down onto that domed top.....ouch.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
58 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Maybe he was taking the picture??  Just a thought.

That's not how they roll. He may have also bowed out given crew from CO were involved. I can only imagine how a convo between Derelict and crew members would have gone. Jill obviously had a better relationship with them. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I know they waited a few days before announcing Spurgeon's birth (or Ben's sister let the cat out of the bag, more accurately), but I don't remember if they did the same with Henry and Ivy. Maybe it's just more of the same for them with this birth.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, drafan said:

Henry is balancing on the top of a fire hydrant. If he were to fall straight down onto that domed top.....ouch.

The kids are always climbing around and in precarious looking positions.  They apparently never tell the kids not to climb or get them down.

• Love 2

What would be the purpose of keeping the baby's birth a secret? There are no more episodes of Counting On. And if she had the baby and wants to keep the birth a secret why is she out and about going to the fireworks? 

• Love 15
(edited)

It's all speculation, but if Jessa's still pregnant she must be way past her due date. If feels like she announced and did that ultrasound ages ago. 

Eta: Wow, so I just checked and the ultrasound was only three months ago. Why does it feel like this has been the longest pregnancy ever? 

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5