Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

That is interesting. I do wonder if they continue coverage and if they do, what kind.

A couple hours after the cancellation story broke, People ran a story about Jessa camping. So I guess the answer is yes - at least for now.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

A couple hours after the cancellation story broke, People ran a story about Jessa camping. So I guess the answer is yes - at least for now.

If I were a tabloid or other celebrity-related media outlet, I'd see this as a great time to run stories on Duggars, the most advantageous for eyeball grabbing in quite a while, probably.

There's high curiosity and interest right now because of how extreme and horrifying the Josh mess is.......So there's high click value. 

Once the Josh thing dies down, though -- by year's end, maybe, or sometime in 2022? -- there may be very very little interest in the Duggars....perhaps forever after (unless something else juicy happens.) ....

So .... get the clicks today. By 2023, they're likely to be nothing but a fuzzy, distant memory. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Do adoption agencies do any form of psych evaluation? I imagine a professional interviewing Bin and Jessa would immediately see they're not in good places mentally or emotionally. A couple whose main form of communication is one-word responses followed by sullen silence doesn't exactly scream "stable, loving home."

Fundie adoption agencies have zero standards and will hand off a child to anyone quoting the Bible (I'm only slightly exagerating). It's why I always felt a chill when any of the Duggars mentioned adopting. If they wanted to, they could do it pretty easily.

As far as the lack of birth special for Seewald spawn #4, I'd be surprised if they post any videos of the birth. I think Anna was the only one who clearly wanted to be filmed giving birth. It seems that everyone else only did it for the ministry/JB's bank account.

• Useful 3
(edited)
On 6/30/2021 at 8:42 AM, MargeGunderson said:

@GeeGolly, I wonder the same thing. Once the family is off the air, their stock as influencers will drop. None of them have the skills, savvy, or know how to become real influencers, and frankly I don’t see them bothering to learn or improve. 

Hmmm.  not super sure if they will disappear...JB was kinda a shrewd cookie before the show and he still  has life left. The real estate market is good as well as used cars.

Then I  sure one if them will make a call over to the Bates women who are selling enough dresses to open a brick  and mortar  bldg.

And/or when Jana gets married,  some network will be glad to air the wedding. TLC isn't the only network.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Considering Cosby was released this doesn't surprise me. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

kjjnlv4jcc871.png?width=828&format=png&a

so the make america great/first duggars are proudly shilling pillows with the tag saying "made in China" in the pics.. genius

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 24
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

so the make america first duggars are proudly shilling pillows with the tag saying "made in China" in the pics.. genius

Please someone point that out to them on SM!

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

camping ? what's so exciting about the seewalds camping to put in a print mag ?

was they at least in an RV - that perhaps Erin/Chad refurnished ?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sATL said:

camping ? what's so exciting about the seewalds camping to put in a print mag ?

was they at least in an RV - that perhaps Erin/Chad refurnished ?

Jessa posted a video on YouTube. I guess an intern at People found it before news of the cancellation broke.

They camped in a giant tent.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Jessa was put in charge of deflecting the bad publicity.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jessa posted a video on YouTube. I guess an intern at People found it before news of the cancellation broke.

They camped in a giant tent.

Exactly, it wasn’t an “exclusive “, no $ for Jessa.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 6/30/2021 at 3:53 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Omg she has another huge picture on the wall of their bedroom of them kissing!

sorry if this has already been mentioned or discussed but I’m just noticing it now!

it’s like she’s trying to prove that they’re married and IN LOVE!!

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
On 6/30/2021 at 1:17 PM, Churchhoney said:

Once the Josh thing dies down, though -- by year's end, maybe, or sometime in 2022? -- there may be very very little interest in the Duggars....perhaps forever after (unless something else juicy happens.) ....

So .... get the clicks today. By 2023, they're likely to be nothing but a fuzzy, distant memory. 

Kate Gosselin, anyone?

On 6/30/2021 at 2:26 PM, sATL said:

And/or when Jana gets married,  some network will be glad to air the wedding. TLC isn't the only network.

Snorefest. Jana who?

Would only be interesting if Tim Tebow dumps his wife and runs off with her.

• LOL 14
14 minutes ago, drafan said:

Kate Gosselin, anyone?

Snorefest. Jana who?

Would only be interesting if Tim Tebow dumps his wife and runs off with her.

Have you seen Tebow's wife? I think hell would have to freeze over before that happens. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I wonder if she thought it was too sheer and need to cover up ?

It's a vest over a long-sleeved shirt.

What's consistent in every photo of Michelle is how clenched she holds herself. Look at her hand (balled into a fist) and her face and compare it to the others'. 

It makes me wonder if everything is an act for her and she's truly forgotten how to be normal. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

That's actually the most normal fundie outfit Michelle has worn in a while - a knee length khaki skirt, apparently bare legs in summer and a summer top.  Yeah, the top is a little weird, but unless those shoes are actually bedroom slippers, the outfit beats the black clodhoppers and hose she normally wears. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Quof said:

That's actually the most normal fundie outfit Michelle has worn in a while - a knee length khaki skirt, apparently bare legs in summer and a summer top.  Yeah, the top is a little weird, but unless those shoes are actually bedroom slippers, the outfit beats the black clodhoppers and hose she normally wears. 

The shoes are different from the heavy black things she usually wears, but these look thin, cheap, and much too wide. I wear a lot of canvas shoes in the summer (Tom's), and they don't gape at the sides and wrinkle in the toe box. 

Shoes like the ones Michelle is wearing provide no support. She'll be back to the clodhoppers soon enough.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 6/30/2021 at 1:26 PM, sATL said:

Hmmm.  not super sure if they will disappear...JB was kinda a shrewd cookie before the show and he still  has life left. The real estate market is good as well as used cars.

Then I  sure one if them will make a call over to the Bates women who ate selling enough dresses to open a brick  and mortar  bldg.

Agree.  I think JB will be in negotiations with any network he can interest with the wedding of the century, provided that there is a groom handy.  I did kinda like Steve from Nebraska, and I though he pretty much met Jana's stated criteria for a husband, but maybe not.  I would have thought that a courtship would have been announced after news of the cancellation was released, but no.  Maybe Boob is holding out.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The shoes are different from the heavy black things she usually wears, but these look thin, cheap, and much too wide. I wear a lot of canvas shoes in the summer (Tom's), and they don't gape at the sides and wrinkle in the toe box. 

Shoes like the ones Michelle is wearing provide no support. She'll be back to the clodhoppers soon enough.

I don’t know where they are but she may be using those as house shoes (slippers).

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/1/2021 at 6:57 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Yeah, that one's been there for at least a couple years, I think. I was hoping that, with the new one up in the living room, she might have taken this one down. Because....one is too many, in my opinion, but I'd think it was at least enough, no matter who you were. But, nope, now there are two. .....

Will the kitchen be the next room blessed with a giant kissy pic? Or the "kids' room/guest room/Bin's study"? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

I don’t know where they are but she may be using those as house shoes (slippers).

Well, whatever it is -- large buffet restaurant? small shopping mall? -- according to the decor on the floor, it was "Established in [year covered up by Duggars]." So it must be a commercial venture of some kind. Kinda doubt even Meeechelle'd wear quasi house slippers to shop or hit up a commercial buffet....(not that I'd say that with any certainty!) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, realityfan26 said:

The picture isn't recent, is it? Jessa is about full term and she doesn't look like it in the picture.

I was thinking the same after seeing the Father’s Day video.

It’s an odd picture for Jessa to post. Pictures with other family members are few and far between for her Instagram.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, whatever it is -- large buffet restaurant? small shopping mall? -- according to the decor on the floor, it was "Established in [year covered up by Duggars]." So it must be a commercial venture of some kind. Kinda doubt even Meeechelle'd wear quasi house slippers to shop or hit up a commercial buffet....(not that I'd say that with any certainty!) 

Based on the letters I can read, it looks like Marketplace Grill, one of their favorite haunts.

• Useful 4
On 7/1/2021 at 6:57 PM, Joan of Argh said:

sorry if this has already been mentioned or discussed but I’m just noticing it now!

it’s like she’s trying to prove that they’re married and IN LOVE!!

More like convince herself! 

• Love 6
On 6/30/2021 at 3:53 PM, BigBingerBro said:

I wouldn't want a little kid putting their sweaty head on my new pillow before I covered it in a pillow protector and a pillowcase.

Jessa appears to have lost at least half of her hair volume.  Pregnancy usually gives nice, thick hair.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, graefin said:

It's a vest over a long-sleeved shirt.

What's consistent in every photo of Michelle is how clenched she holds herself. Look at her hand (balled into a fist) and her face and compare it to the others'. 

It makes me wonder if everything is an act for her and she's truly forgotten how to be normal. 

Michelle is always clutching her damn phone.  You can see it along her wrist.  I agree, her tops look weird.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, graefin said:

Based on the letters I can read, it looks like Marketplace Grill, one of their favorite haunts.

Yes, Amy confirmed they were at Marketplace Grill in the pic.

Now WHEN they were there is another thing. I think Jessa may have posted that to signal the members of her birthing team.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Did I read somewhere that this would be a hospital birth, or did I dream that?

That's when they still had the promise of a TLC payday (via Boob). Now? All bets are off. I'm betting on another couch birth. Jessa waffled about the hospital when she announced her plan. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That's when they still had the promise of a TLC payday (via Boob). Now? All bets are off. I'm betting on another couch birth. Jessa waffled about the hospital when she announced her plan. 

Plus Jessa is a lying liar. Bin probably tried to talk her into hospital birth, but if she agreed to go to the hospital, she knew she could still change her mind and not go.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

One of these times something very bad is going to happen.  I wonder if their "insurance" covers births in a hospital.  Boob has important "Josh" stuff on his mind.  No time --and money--to worry about a woman.

• Love 4

Jessa may still do a hospital birth now the show is cancelled she could film it and put it on YouTube it would gets lots of hits. Joy filmed hers and put it on her channel so Jessa might too, just to be talked about. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Jessa may still do a hospital birth now the show is cancelled she could film it and put it on YouTube it would gets lots of hits. Joy filmed hers and put it on her channel so Jessa might too, just to be talked about. 

She won’t make enough money to pay for that hospital birth.

• Love 5

Having to be transferred to a hospital and treated for hemorrhaging  can't be much cheaper that just giving birth in the hospital from the get go. Ben looked stressed and annoyed at how casually everyone was acting after Ivy's birth when Jessa was bleeding. It would be stupid even by Duggar standards to not go to the hospital. It's not like TLC would have paid enough to cover the cost, anyway, and since homebirths are much easier to film, I'd like to think that wasn't a factor in deciding for a hospital birth. 

• Love 17