Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Just now, BetyBee said:

This could lead to a 911 call from J'chelle: "Mother, father and co-sleeping toddler are bleeding." Each with a broken pot on their heads, covered in dirt, maybe with birds flying around their heads like in a cartoon. I can picture it now!

Omg that is so funny! As I read it, I heard Michelle's voice saying it! And I pictured the birds. I'm still giggling!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

What is with the Duggars and their giant pictures of them with their spouses? I get have a framed picture of your wedding day and the like, but they all seem to have really big picture of themselves hanging on the wall. Jessa’s got one next to their bed, I think Ginger’s got a huge one (might be of just her in her wedding dress) on the wall in the dining room. Do they fear sudden onset amnesia and hope the giant pictures will remind them who they are married to? (Having pictures of the kids is slightly less weird, except for the really big ones like Jessa has above her couch).

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

What is with the Duggars and their giant pictures of them with their spouses? I get have a framed picture of your wedding day and the like, but they all seem to have really big picture of themselves hanging on the wall. Jessa’s got one next to their bed, I think Ginger’s got a huge one (might be of just her in her wedding dress) on the wall in the dining room. Do they fear sudden onset amnesia and hope the giant pictures will remind them who they are married to? (Having pictures of the kids is slightly less weird, except for the really big ones like Jessa has above her couch).

I so agree. Back in the day we used Olan Mills for the kids' picture. They'd always try to sell me these giant pictures on canvas. I would always say no. During at least one sales pitch I told the guy, "look, I live with them, I see them all day, I don't need life-sized pictures of them on my walls too". 8" x 10" was as big as I would go.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

Unless she hit studs in the wall with the brackets (using a stud finder) which I doubt, that's an accident waiting to happen. Good Lord.  And no headboard. Looks unfinished. 

The huge pics on the wall show everyone how happy and blessed they are with their husbands! 😂

Edited by QuinnInND
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
46 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I so agree. Back in the day we used Olan Mills for the kids' picture. They'd always try to sell me these giant pictures on canvas. I would always say no. During at least one sales pitch I told the guy, "look, I live with them, I see them all day, I don't need life-sized pictures of them on my walls too". 8" x 10" was as big as I would go.

Since bathrooms are usually smaller rooms they put the 8 X 10s of JB there.

• LOL 11

I find this plant shelf amusing.

Joy posts about landscaping, Jill posts about gardening and then Jessa goes with post of garden/landscaping over her bed.

the humor factor aside - the whole concept of a plant shelf over a bed, installed correctly or not, is ridiculous. seems too much work for jessa to stand on a bed to water plants and water will drip on bed/bedding. She is how many months pregnant now?

• Love 19
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

Oh my god, how did I forget about that?! Is Jill the one with the JB picture in her bathroom?

I think that's the one we knew about, but if she had one I'm thinking it's likely others had them as well.

• LOL 3
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I find this plant shelf amusing.

Joy posts about landscaping, Jill posts about gardening and then Jessa goes with post of garden/landscaping over her bed.

the humor factor aside - the whole concept of a plant shelf over a bed, installed correctly or not, is ridiculous. seems too much work for jessa to stand on a bed to water plants and water will drip on bed/bedding. She is how many months pregnant now?

Are the plants real? The name artificial ones that look real. 

and here i was worrying about hanging a new picture above my headboard!!   i actually do have shelf up by the ceiling line that was there when we moved in (rented house so not able to remove it). BUT, i have my bear/soft doll collection up there among some greens. nothing too heavy. thats why i am second guessing the photo.  when you live in cali, you learn nothing heavy over the bed AND beds dont go under windows!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, QuinnInND said:

Are the plants real? The name artificial ones that look real. 

at least one is from her living room redo of live plants. same plant, same pot. some of the pots have the drip/water tray or whatever you call those things on the bottoms of pots, so I was thinking they are live plants

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

That is an odd looking bedroom.  Bed on the floor with no frame, no headboard, dirty-looking sheets, and now a shelf at an odd height right over their heads when they sleep.  It won't be long before the kids can pull those pots off.  Just very strange.

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Unless she hit studs in the wall with the brackets (using a stud finder) which I doubt, that's an accident waiting to happen. Good Lord.  And no headboard. Looks unfinished. 

The huge pics on the wall show everyone how happy and blessed they are with their husbands! 😂

I am ashamed to say I watched the video (mindless) and she did use a stud finder and she did drill it into all the studs along the wall.  It looks pretty sturdy to me.  Although not my cup of tea but then again she probably wouldn't like my bedroom.

• Useful 6
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Two pictures from the video:

85F59B58-1D06-4492-B01B-E7B7E3227345.jpeg

8E2E4D1A-356E-4B04-BFFE-474F42C798F8.jpeg

The video:

Good lord, that is a terrible accident just waiting to happen. And is that an electrical outlet on the wall behind their bed (and then behind the pillows)?? 

On another note, nothing is centered and it's driving me nuts. The bed isn't centered on the wall and it doesn't look like the plant shelf is either. It all looks off. 

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Good lord, that is a terrible accident just waiting to happen. And is that an electrical outlet on the wall behind their bed (and then behind the pillows)?? 

On another note, nothing is centered and it's driving me nuts. The bed isn't centered on the wall and it doesn't look like the plant shelf is either. It all looks off. 

That is an electrical plug. Looks like one has got one of those plug covers on it. It's so odd. What a ridiculous place to put the bed. And why don't they have a frame and a headboard at least? 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

She did a video a few years back when they first did the master bedroom and she thought is was so cool and quirky that they just had mattresses on the floor.   

I did the same thing when I was a teenager,

Cool and quirky? More like slovenly, poverty, unfinished, temporary... 

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CherryMalotte said:

And in your tacky comment of the day department...well now we know their sex life isn't that great.  She's not worrying obviously about wall banging good times if she's sticking plants on shelves.     

Best insight ever!

• LOL 12
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Two pictures from the video:

85F59B58-1D06-4492-B01B-E7B7E3227345.jpeg

8E2E4D1A-356E-4B04-BFFE-474F42C798F8.jpeg

The video:

My California bias is showing, but living in earthquake country, I would NEVER put anything above my bed (especially the head part) that I didn't want to fall onto me. Hence that's where my postcard wall is. Also, there do not appear to be enough pillows on that bed for two people - or do they "share" the king size / body pillows in the back?

I'm also not a plant person, so none of this appeals to me at all.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jessa is trying, but clueless. Everything in the room is off-center and the mattresses on the floor make the space look unfinished. 

She swapped lives with Jill!

I’m really glad my prayers were answered and there is an unphotogenic child in the bunch. I know it is only temporary and they will all grow up to be reasonably good looking, but I chuckle at superficial Jessa  being forced to compensate for lack of contact with this I’ll advised shelf. 

Just wait until it falls on her when she’s laboring on the bed.  I would say having sex on the bed, but we know that’s never going to happen. 

• LOL 7

I watched the video and I thought the rug at the end of the bed looked manky, but then I saw the sheets on the bed and there was no think8ng they looked manky .. those sheets are gross ... it looked like the mank was body shaped 🤢

Jessa I know you have a washing machine and a dryer right next to it .., there is no excuse for not washing your sheets 

I manage to wash a house full of sheets each week and I don’t have a dryer they all get line dried 

• Love 9

Jessa is an Erin Bates wannabe. Unlike Jessa, Carlin and Josie, Erin's home is DIY with some style (she's come a long way from pink ruffles). Carlin and Josie are total Pinterest/Influencer decorators. Jessa's home is dorm room/first apartment DIY, but with no style. Erin does have Chad to help, which Jessa doesn't, but Jessa doesn't even sand, stain or paint the wood shelf.

I don't know how much lower Jessa could go with her projects or decorating. But to give credit where credit is due, at least Jessa doesn't live in a home of many shades of gray and blush.

Erin's (latest) bedroom https://www.instagram.com/p/CNF3CokrEtk/

Carlin's bedroom https://www.instagram.com/p/B0bkBw8BBnA/

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I could not get a good night's sleep in Jessa's awful bedroom. Yes, everything is off and in the wrong place. Her bed is plopped on the floor? Why so many plants in the bedroom? I would not have that much 'dirt' in my bedroom. I watched that awful video...dirty sheets again AND an unmade bed. She is just a slob with no decorating skills. Her house is still a petri dish IMO.

• Love 14

American beds are so high!! How does one get into them?

Jessa's bedroom is horrid. The dull grey/brownish colours would depress me no end. The shelf is......interesting......Ben has allergies, so there should not be any plants in the house at all. And certainly not above the bed, which is an accident waiting to happen. Jessa is just so damn lazy and dense. Her house is filthy, the children always look greasy and wear ill fitting clothes. The wee one always looks tousled and disorientated.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don't think Jessa understands what "minimalist" actually means (big surprise). Again, for the millionth time, why not get a magazine? Why not look at some photos of different styles and get some inspiration? A giant sofa and loveseat plus a recliner is not minimalist -- even without the tables.

Only in Duggar-land does painting the Living Room merit a spread in People magazine. It's not unlike the show where they keep trying to come up with "activities" for these idiots to do to make it look like they do something all day . . . 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

American beds are so high!! How does one get into them? 

The only high ones are the pillowtop ones. Mine is no higher than my kitchen chairs. I can easily sit on the side and my feet are flat on the floor. Even ones in hotel rooms aren't high for me, and I'm only 5'2".

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Subhead from the People article -- 

"The Counting On star and her husband Ben announced they were expecting their third child in January"

🤓😁

Its an old article from 4/2019.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

No wonder Jessa looks sour. Ben probably is a 1 minute man. So a few pokes from him and off to snoozeville for him. Not to mention there is a kid sleeping next to them. 

Exactly! 

• LOL 5