Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Ben realistically only has about five more years working as the Duggar kids' tutor. I doubt the show will still be airing at that point, so he's going to have to find a new revenue stream. I don't think preaching at his precious church (™Guinn) is going to pay the bills, especially if they keep breeding. 

At this point, Jessa might change, but not before.

• Love 12

I agree with the analysis of Ben and I don't see that he is likely to change on his own.  However, life will catch up with him.  Things will change.  The rest of the Duggar children will grow up and there will be no need for his "teaching" as well as many of the other things he apparently does to earn his way.  The show has to end at some point.  JB and Michelle will die and what happens with the entire crew at that point is apt to be earth-shaking for these unprepared people.  It's hard to imagine that any of them will do anything proactive to have independent lives.

On another topic, I was thinking about how Jessa appeared initially to be a more involved, connected mother with the boys.  She appeared to be a much better mother than Jill, who seemed irritated and overwhelmed by motherhood.  Things seem to have changed with the arrival of Ivy.  If I am right about that, a fourth child is just going to make things deteriorate even more.  I agree that it looks like the Duggar Way of raising children, but I think there is something else that is going very wrong.

Edited by Suzn
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
34 minutes ago, Suzn said:

If I am right about that, a fourth child is just going to make things deteriorate even more.  I agree that it looks like the Duggar Way of raising children, but I think there is something else that is going very wrong.

I agree and it's similar to how things have gone downhill between Jinger and Jeremy after the birth of Evangeline.

One thing I've noticed is that despite the obvious tension between Bin and Jessa, Bin always looks well-rested and well-groomed while Jessa is tired, pale and greasy. I really wonder what help, if any, he is with the kids. 

I think #4 is going to be the death knell for their marriage. Bin didn't even pretend to feign interest at that ultrasound. I predict he'll find lots of excuses to spend time at the office while Jessa whiles away her days at the TTH. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

One of Ben's younger sisters (around Hannie's age) seemed to be staying with Jessa and Ben for awhile last year.  Maybe the Seewalds are a better option for surrogate sister moms until Ivy comes of age in another five years or so.

Where in the world would they put this person and her very small suitcase?!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

According to Without a Crystal Ball, Ben supposedly told Jessa early on in their marriage that he didn't care either way whether she wore skirts or pants. Jessa's slow inclusion of pants and sweats reflects that it took her a really long time to get comfortable with the idea of doing so. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

The second kid is the hardest kid, but obviously having more than 2 is more work.

The way I see it, Jessa was enamored with her beautiful looking baby boy and felt pride that he was a reflection of her 'hot' self and 'handsome' husband. Everything we saw after Henry was born has been carefully curated SM content to look like one big happy family.

Jill on the other hand, had a new baby in El Salvador and her second child during a feud with her father. Both very stressful events. And Jill was not SM savvy.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

According to Without a Crystal Ball, Ben supposedly told Jessa early on in their marriage that he didn't care either way whether she wore skirts or pants. Jessa's slow inclusion of pants and sweats reflects that it took her a really long time to get comfortable with the idea of doing so. 

In the words of George Bernard Shaw (always good for a pretty smart aphorism)  -- "You have learnt something. That always feels at first as if you had lost something." 

My theory about the Duggars is that JB and M and at least some of their children, such as Jessa, are the kind of people who are even more upset than the rest of us are when we feel we've lost something. So any kind of learning change -- like "I can wear pants and the devil won't immediately pull me down to hell. I can wear pants and I won't immediately be besieged by atheistic rapists who see me as easy pickings. I can wear pants and I'm still a woman and I don't have to go out and get a paying job." -- tends to feel bad to them at first because it represents the loss of some promise of safety -- and some clarity and sureness about which thing is right and which is wrong -- that their old world gave them.

The worldview Gothard and his followers try to enforce is very simple, very black and white, very legalistic, very focused on protection. "Keep the knowledge of most aspects of modern life at bay and you will be safe." BG's version of "don't eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge." 

After hearing that all your life, any little part of your old world you give up feels scary and thus quite uncomfortable, I expect. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 10
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

In the words of George Bernard Shaw (always good for a pretty smart aphorism)  -- "You have learnt something. That always feels at first as if you had lost something." 

My theory about the Duggars is that JB and M and at least some of their children, such as Jessa, are the kind of people who are even more upset than the rest of us are when we feel we've lost something. So any kind of learning change -- like "I can wear pants and the devil won't immediately pull me down to hell. I can wear pants and I won't immediately be besieged by atheistic rapists who see me as easy pickings. I can wear pants and I'm still a woman and I don't have to go out and get a paying job." -- tends to feel bad to them at first because it represents the loss of some promise of safety -- and some clarity and sureness about which thing is right and which is wrong -- that their old world gave them.

The worldview Gothard and his followers try to enforce is very simple, very black and white, very legalistic, very focused on protection. "Keep the knowledge of most aspects of modern life at bay and you will be safe." BG's version of "don't eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge." 

After hearing that all your life, any little part of your old world you give up feels scary and thus quite uncomfortable, I expect. 

Which really once again explains Jill's reaction to Derick even mentioning the old earth/young earth idea.   She simply has to insist now isn't the time to talk about it because she realizes she has walked backwards onto the edge of a cliff and has no answers in support of her beliefs, but she's going to insist she's correct nonetheless. 

I'm sure Jill has known a great many moments of discomfort trying to accept the changes she's made in the past couple years.   I cannot even begin to imagine how she brought herself to a place of acceptance with sending Israel to school.   

Jessa slams the door at the slightest hint of a new idea or some kind of change may be on the threshold.   She does not like stepping toe out of her comfort zone and is instantly defensive at something new or unfamiliar.   I think that's tragic when that attitude is being modeled for young children who have a natural curiosity about the world around them and are excited to discover new things.     

• Love 16
On 4/11/2021 at 3:12 PM, Churchhoney said:

I think that's a big part of it, but I wonder how much it's just wanting to protect her parents' images. One of Jessa's weirder--to me, at least-- habits is how she lies about the most obvious things in defense of her parents. Like that time the producer asked her hoe many diapers she's changed in her life and her response was something, "No where near as much as my parents!" And there was another incident that I'm blanking on where she blatantly lied to make her parents sound better. Jessa as a teen up until she got married was the only one (with Jinger tagging along) who was often openly exasperated with her parents' bullshit. So what's changed? Was it the Josh scandles that caused her to close ranks with her family and present a united front?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

They look like they're behind a Walmart. Where the hell are they going walking?

Around the store buying mustard colored items and triscuits 

Ooohhhh next baby should be Tristan or Trista!

• LOL 12
53 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can't remember if it was Jessa or Jinger, but didn't one of them say their parents changed all the diapers on the little ones? I think I nearly hyperventilated from laughing so hard.

I think Jinger actually said, 1000s.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can't remember if it was Jessa or Jinger, but didn't one of them say their parents changed all the diapers on the little ones? I think I nearly hyperventilated from laughing so hard.

Yep, that was Jessa. Even Sister Mom Supreme Jana acknowledged that she's changed so many diapers she couldn't even guess a number.

Teen Jessa was the one who outed the fact that the older girls were the ones getting up throughout the night to care for infants and toddlers. Girl took a huge step backward and she was already behind thanks to her upbringing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They look like they're behind a Walmart. Where the hell are they going walking?

The creepy Walmart where the dude stabbed himself that I've talked about on here has a park behind it. I bet money that's where they are. Or somewhere along that road. I would never walk there because yikes that's considered the "bad" part of Fayetteville, but you're getting on the outskirts of town there, and a lot of the properties have woods in the back. 

• Useful 6
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

It looks like they are all wearing new shoes.

Probably picked them up at the Rhea Lana sale a few weeks back. But used....well, you know the rest. 😕

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 5

I think in a normal life, Jessa would have had a few years to settle into marriage after being burned out from being a J'slave. But since she's a Duggar, she's on baby #4 in less than 6 years. 

It's interesting to note the path of the other older J'slaves. Jill is on birth control and seems happy with her 2 kids and dog. Jana is single, unmarried. Jinger has two girls, but is acting out in her own way with her endless craving for expensive shit and fancy meals.

Jessa is the only one following Michelle's path of as many children as God can possibly provide in as little time possible.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Jinger has two girls, but is acting out in her own way with her endless craving for expensive shit and fancy meals.

I'm not entirely sure I see Jinger as being the one with the endless craving for expensive shit and fancy meals. I mean, Jeremy is actually the one who is posing with food and fancy clothes in about a 10:1 ratio as her.  

Edited by Zella
  • Love 24
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm not entirely sure I see Jinger as being the one with the endless craving for expensive shit and fancy meals. I mean, Jeremy is actually the one who is posing with food and fancy clothes in about a 10:1 ratio as her.  

These things are only interesting to Jinger because Jeremy likes them. Remember her saying, "Jeremy likes books, so I like books." Jinger's a follower, always has been.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Her only real interests appear to be music and shopping. They claim she's an "avid home cook," but we have seen no evidence of this. They didn't even bake their Whatever Hope cookies. 🙄

I know when she was a teenager, she was supposed to be the photographer, but I am not even sure it was actually an interest so much as she was billed the photographer. Kind of like Jessa was "the organizer," but she really doesn't seem to have done that so much as just acted like a drill sergeant/enforcer. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Exactly. It's why I am confused as to the designation of Jinger as the one with the endless craving for these things. I don't think poor Jinger has had an original thought about anything she claims to like since she met the charlatan. Like how one of her social media bios used to claim she loved classical things or whatever it said. All things classical? Jinger doesn't like classical things and probably couldn't even define what she meant by classical. But Jeremy does, so she does too. If she were married to Derrick, she'd love law school and lawyers and lawyering. And if she were married to Austin, she'd love camping and house renovation. And if she was married to Ben, she'd love whatever the hell he likes. LOL Not because she actually likes any of those things but because she seems to think that's what she is supposed to do as a wife. 

I think Jinger wanted someone different from the Duggar males. No more debt-free life -- hello, debt and living past your means!

I just think it's interesting that of the J'slaves Jessa is the only one that stuck to the Duggar template to the letter. The rest have in their different ways branched out into different paths. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I think Jinger wanted someone different from the Duggar males. No more debt-free life -- hello, debt and living past your means!

I just think it's interesting that of the J'slaves Jessa is the only one that stuck to the Duggar template to the letter. The rest have in their different ways branched out into different paths. 

I think she definitely has this vague idea that she wanted to be more sophisticated than her family (and there's nothing wrong with that.) And I think that she wanted that for a long time, even before she married him, which is why he seemed to shiny to her in the courtship phase. But I don't think she has any actual original thoughts on what that looks like. So, Jeremy just tells her what he thinks is sophisticated, and she is too naive to see how full of shit he is and how stupid they look for following his lead. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 16

Seeing as this is the Seewald thread (oops!), I will tie this in by pointing out that some people have observed what they call "flirting" between Jer and Jessa. Maybe Jer enjoys sparring with someone more intelligent than his meek spouse. But they'd be a horrible match; Jessa would NEVER be led by the leash like Jinger has been. I don't think it can be disputed that Jessa wears the pants in her house, much like her mother does.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Seeing as this is the Seewald thread (oops!), I will tie this in by pointing out that some people have observed what they call "flirting" between Jer and Jessa. Maybe Jer enjoys sparring with someone more intelligent than his meek spouse. But they'd be a horrible match; Jessa would NEVER be led by the leash like Jinger has been. I don't think it can be disputed that Jessa wears the pants in her house, much like her mother does.

Jessa, MORE intelligent? Doubtful.  But she does seem to like to spar. She probably can't do that with Bin.

• Love 12

I see Jill, Jessa and Jinger as all happy in their marriages. It seems to me Jessa and Jinger are living lives very close to what they wanted and Jill's isn't quite what she dreamt of.

And, they all married men who have hateful beliefs. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I see Jill, Jessa and Jinger as all happy in their marriages. It seems to me Jessa and Jinger are living lives very close to what they wanted and Jill's isn't quite what she dreamt of.

And, they all married men who have hateful beliefs. 

To be fair, I think that all the Duggar sisters share those hateful beliefs.  And so do their parents.  Jill, Jessa and Jinger didn't need to marry into the ugliness, it was already there.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

To be fair, I think that all the Duggar sisters share those hateful beliefs.  And so do their parents.  Jill, Jessa and Jinger didn't need to marry into the ugliness, it was already there.

I totally agree. I thought that was understood.

• Love 3
Just now, Jynnan tonnix said:

Well, they certainly do highlight those big eyes she has, but if I was looking for photos that brought out her cute or pretty aspects (and I do believe she has her share), they might have gone through a different batch of photos,

Ivy looks like she's trying to ghost Jessa ...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Well, they certainly do highlight those big eyes she has, but if I was looking for photos that brought out her cute or pretty aspects (and I do believe she has her share), they might have gone through a different batch of photos,

She only thought they were relevant because they were exactly a year old. And BIG EYES!!!!!11

• Love 4

Those pictures are pretty creepy.  Does she always looked shocked like that or were they doing something behind the scenes to make her eyes bulge?   I wouldn't put it past them

Jessa does love to play up the kid's features.  I'm surprised Spurgeon isn't sleeping in curlers yet.

Edited by BigBingerBro
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2

Jessa did a new project. She put up an unfinished wood shelf above their bed. Not centered, and loaded with large plants. I'm guessing to water the plants she'll need to stand on the bed. I don't know about you all, but I wouldn't choose to sleep under a heavy wooden shelf and pounds of dirt.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Two pictures from the video:

85F59B58-1D06-4492-B01B-E7B7E3227345.jpeg

8E2E4D1A-356E-4B04-BFFE-474F42C798F8.jpeg

The video:

I had the same thought about the shelf collapsing. Plus Ivy was trying to reach up so I can just picture her pulling one plant down and the entire bed covered in dirt. And what is with the only thing on the walls is giant photos?

• Love 15