Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I think it's a dumb nickname as well... Even worse now that I learn it's pronounced to rhyme with gopher. I'd always pronounced it in my head as TOFF-er (to rhyme with coffer), but didn't like it much better that way. It's just not a name that rolls of the tongue (like Drew and Liam, mentioned by @GeeGolly  as nicknames for Andrew and William right after I posted this).

I doubt they will do a "T" name anyway...Seems as though if they were considering that, someone would have noticed that the initials could be problematic. Even as clueless as they are.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 1

I've heard of Topher as a nickname. Just like Drew instead of Andy for Andrew or Liam instead of Bill and Will for William.

I'm sure Ben and Jessa have the name under lock and key now, placed in a vault, so no one lets the cat out of the bag.

• Love 2
On 4/1/2021 at 8:31 AM, BitterApple said:

Bin couldn't have been more disinterested if he tried. 

My heart breaks for Spurge. He's a bright kid and needs to be in school. Ivy and Henry don't provide any stimulation for him.

Jessa looks cute in pants. I guess that's the only nice thing I have to say.

She would also look much cuter if she would cut a couple of feet off her hair.  And add in layers.  It looked so long and completely awful in the last show.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, not you again said:

I may be the last person on earth not to know this diminutive, but my daughter kept calling her boyfriend Topher and I finally asked her why, because his name is Chris.  And she said "his name is Christopher, so, Topher."  I still don't like it, but at least it makes sense now.  😄

I was equally puzzled when my sister referred to her granddaughter Charlotte as "Lottie"! I had never connected the two. 

• Love 1

If they wanted to let Spurgie off the hook for being the person with the worst name ever while also satisfying Bin's lust to use religion-permeated names, they could go with something biblical like Thessalonia or Tabernacle or Tencommandments Seewald. 

• LOL 10

Jessa reads here 🙋🏽‍♀️, so the T name is out. We can just keep guessing for the next few months, so she'll need to keep choosing new names each time we guess one. 😁😈

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, louannems said:

She would also look much cuter if she would cut a couple of feet off her hair.  And add in layers.  It looked so long and completely awful in the last show.

Needing less shampoo would help the budget too.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, louannems said:

She's never going to cut her crowning glory.  No matter how ratty it looks. 

about topher.....a local but nationally known pastor here had a son named topher.  i actually like it. my own brother is a christopher and it would have been a good nickname for him.  do you really think jessa reads here...or any of them? i hope not as this site can be a bit catty at times. knowing this, i will be more careful in the future. no need for me to be received as a 'mean girl'.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Needing less shampoo would help the budget too.

Seems to me that she washes her hair so rarely that it would hardly make a dent in the family finances.  Jessa's hair looks kinda grubby most of the time to me.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Seems to me that she washes her hair so rarely that it would hardly make a dent in the family finances.  Jessa's hair looks kinda grubby most of the time to me.

You might have a point there. Probably too much work.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Zella said:

The pronunciation also confuses me, to be honest. I've never heard it said aloud. I pronounce it as rhyming with gopher. LOL But should it be literally how the last half of Christopher is pronounced? Tuh-fer? I mean, neither one sounds right. There are no good options. 

The name Christopher was huge in the 80s. Christian was also pretty popular. Too many little boys were answering to Chris. "Topher" is supposed to be a nickname for Christopher which works when you have 2 or 3 Chrises in one class. (Topher Grace is named Christopher.)

Topic: I don't think Jessa cares too much about the gender. She had 2 boys and liked that. She had a girl and seems fine with that. 

She has never revealed the gender before the birth. It will air on TLC after the baby is born. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, not you again said:

I may be the last person on earth not to know this diminutive, but my daughter kept calling her boyfriend Topher and I finally asked her why, because his name is Chris.  And she said "his name is Christopher, so, Topher."  I still don't like it, but at least it makes sense now.  😄

I know a Christopher who goes by Toph. I'd never heard it before until he started going by it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think it would be hilarious if she gave the baby a non-T name but a T nickname (i.e. Christopher/ Topher), or a T name with a non-T nickname. So she'd have subtle S.H.I.T., if not blatant. Of course, I'd be fine with a T name that he actually uses, too. Wasn't Tozer mentioned as a Christian-inspired name Ben might suggest? C'mon, Jessa, you can't go hiding that name in the middle again like you did with Henry; Spurgeon wants some company.

And think of the fun we could have renaming the Jessa thread! The title needs shortening rather than just adding on the newest blessing. We could do "Jessa and Ben: Giving their kids Shitty Names Since the Beginning..."

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

TBH I hadn't paid much attention to Jessa's hair. Then the other day I tried to watch this episode (noped out after about 12 minutes), and was just flummoxed by that monstrous mass of hair hanging down over one of Jessa's shoulders. It didn't look at all nice, just a big long wad of hair that hung in a mass down one side of the front of her body. I wonder how long it's been since she actually got a comb or brush through that mess from scalp to ends. Yecch. "Crowning glory?" Nope.

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa reads here 🙋🏽‍♀️, so the T name is out. We can just keep guessing for the next few months, so she'll need to keep choosing new names each time we guess one. 😁😈

Quincy. I actually like the name.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

😁

It does rhyme with gopher. 

It used to be that if you looked at the birth certificate of someone called by this name, his given name was Christopher. Topher was just a nickname.  Not sure that's still the case universally, though. 

It’s not a name! It’s a nickname!

Now get off my lawn. 🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I vote we call the baby Tater Tot  🤣🤣🤣

SHITT....Then they can have a girl named Yvette. Or twins named Edward and Raphael.   Or, as was mentioned, just a girl named something like Matilda and call her Tilly, blissfully unaware.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, zoomama said:

do you really think jessa reads here...or any of them? i hope not as this site can be a bit catty at times. knowing this, i will be more careful in the future. no need for me to be received as a 'mean girl'.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's a snark site. I'm pretty sure several of them read here (including Jill Rod) or read on reddit, but it's not like we're going on their social media and attacking them. If they come over here expecting anything less than snark, then I'd say that's a case of them playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes. 

• Love 19
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I've heard of Topher as a nickname. Just like Drew instead of Andy for Andrew or Liam instead of Bill and Will for William.

I'm sure Ben and Jessa have the name under lock and key now, placed in a vault, so no one lets the cat out of the bag.

Yes, they will definitely not tell the seewald family who can’t seem to keep a secret!

6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

If they wanted to let Spurgie off the hook for being the person with the worst name ever while also satisfying Bin's lust to use religion-permeated names, they could go with something biblical like Thessalonia or Tabernacle or Tencommandments Seewald. 

I can see them doing something like this, in the vein of Heistheway, since Kendra used Praise. Glory, Hallelujah, Worship, Seraphim, etc. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, awaken said:

Yes, they will definitely not tell the seewald family who can’t seem to keep a secret!

I can see them doing something like this, in the vein of Heistheway, since Kendra used Praise. Glory, Hallelujah, Worship, Seraphim, etc. 

Behemoth, Concubine, Harlot, Antichrist, Satan. Just some name for the Bible. Like how Gil and Kelly couldn’t be bothered to do the research on Michal.

• LOL 13
11 hours ago, Zella said:

I've hated Topher as a name ever since Topher Grace came on my radar in the early 2000s. Every time I see the name, I do a double-take and wonder why it exists. 

3 hours ago, Temperance said:

The name Christopher was huge in the 80s. Christian was also pretty popular. Too many little boys were answering to Chris. "Topher" is supposed to be a nickname for Christopher which works when you have 2 or 3 Chrises in one class. (Topher Grace is named Christopher.)

I recall an interview w/ Topher Grace where he said he didn’t like being called Chris (preferring his whole given name of Christopher).  So after someone would call him Chris, he would always add “topher” as a way of reminding them. But then Topher stuck. I personally don’t like it but to each their own. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Zella said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's a snark site. I'm pretty sure several of them read here (including Jill Rod) or read on reddit, but it's not like we're going on their social media and attacking them. If they come over here expecting anything less than snark, then I'd say that's a case of them playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes. 

This is true. And most posts, even when snarky, aren't truly meanspirited. And most of us have lines we won't cross. I shy away from commenting on physical appearance (not including hair). I also don't speculate on sexual orientation because those rumors can be hard even in mainstream life and much worse in Fundyland. With that said, I still give my opinion about these families and its not always nice, which leads up to what you said - stupid games = stupid prizes.

Hey Jessa, cut and wash your hair!

• Love 21
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Hey Jessa, cut and wash your hair.

Heavens, no! It's vitally important that she keep forever the hairdo that was solely designed to turn her into the preferred sex object of one creepy old rich guy who claims he's totally above all that because Jesus!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Behemoth, Concubine, Harlot, Antichrist, Satan. Just some name for the Bible. Like how Gil and Kelly couldn’t be bothered to do the research on Michal.

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego can be names for their next 3 boys, or maybe Jessa can pass those names onto Kendra.  At the rate she’s breeding, there’s no doubt that she’ll have at least 3 more sons.

• Love 6

Haven't they been naming their kids after great men and women of faith? There's no telling if they'll keep that up, but if so, whomever suggested Tozier might be close.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I think they'll name a girl Ella Rue or Pearl Annette.  For a boy, maybe Miller Robert or Keach Bunyan.

15 minutes ago, beckie said:

Haven't they been naming their kids after great men and women of faith? There's no telling if they'll keep that up, but if so, whomever suggested Tozier might be close.

Okay, how about Bunyan Tozer Seewald then? 😁

I wouldn't put it past Bin. 

And Spurgie would have a brother in misfortune. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
20 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Wow do those kids need structure and a schedule

So do their parents and maternal grandparents. But we see how that's worked out! 

12 minutes ago, skatelady said:

Is that..... is that.... a giant snot bubble hanging out of Henry's nose?!?

Possible it's just how the light is falling on the....uh...philtrum? or whatever that dip in your upper lip is called? ... 

Or a bubble....

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Heavens, no! It's vitally important that she keep forever the hairdo that was solely designed to turn her into the preferred sex object of one creepy old rich guy who claims he's totally above all that because Jesus!

I thought she looked her best when she had bangs. 

• Love 2

Oh my. Henry is sitting up. Once again he fell asleep sitting up. Who wants to bet that blanket was thrown on him before the picture was taken, to cover up crumbs or a box of crackers?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7