Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

From that article: "Ben was in agreement on taking time to really consider name options: 'He is going to have this name for the rest of his life,' the doting dad said."

And he's okay with Spurgeon? What the tator tot casserole? I'm pretty sure Baby Spurgeon WhyWasIBorntoTheseIdiots Seewald will be changing that name somewhere down the line. That poor, poor child. 

Also, I am a professional writer and that article from TLC is shamefully written. TLC should focus on having a good PR person if it's going to keep these idiots on the air.

• Love 9

Wait. What??? What an ugly name for an adorable baby boy. It also sounds like surgeon. I can't even imagine various family members referring to this "precious" boy as Spurgeon, even those who are fans of the original.

True to form, it's also very "in your face". Can't be a typical biblical name, nooooooo, that's too run of the mill!

Edited by awaken
  • Love 6

Charles or Haddon would have been cute. in fact, the latter would have been unique enough but still fairly normal. Whatever, though, not my kid.

They do realize that people will call him Spooge, right?! Good god, the inanity of these folks...

Like they know what that even means. First thing I thought was that Spurgeon rhymes with virgin. Unfortunate, but it's not like the kid will ever be surrounded by people not related to him. Unless I'm mispronouncing it. Rhymes with surgeon, no?

Edited by EarlGreyTea

Spurgeon? That has to be a joke or the worst baby name I've ever heard, seriously. I can't think of one worse. Eliot is perfectly nice, and Charles is also fine, but Spurgeon is flat out ridiculous. Never ever let a dumb ass teenage name a child.

• Love 13

Validation Instagram Seewald

Selfie Prince Seewald

Sly Joshua Seewald (No big deal, right?)

Instagram Lunch Seewald

All good - but Selfie Prince Seewald takes the birthday cake!  

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 4

It was funner making up horrible names.  Who knew Bin would outdo us (or most of us anyway)~

ETA:  The least they could have done was cook up a cute nickname and announce that at the same time.

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 7

From that article: "Ben was in agreement on taking time to really consider name options: 'He is going to have this name for the rest of his life,' the doting dad said."

And he's okay with Spurgeon? What the tator tot casserole? I'm pretty sure Baby Spurgeon WhyWasIBorntoTheseIdiots Seewald will be changing that name somewhere down the line. That poor, poor child.

Also, I am a professional writer and that article from TLC is shamefully written. TLC should focus on having a good PR person if it's going to keep these idiots on the air.

they had at least seven months to come up with a boy and girl name. Every time bin opens his mouth he proves what an idiot he is. I'm so glad they took their time to choose just the right name.

Yeah, this poor kid will have that awful name the rest of his life. Thanks dad!!!

Edited by toodles
  • Love 8

Their last name is Seewald, pronounced like SEAwald, and they name their baby after an almost-fish (sturgeon). 

Jessa says on her fb page that some family members are still calling him "Quincy." Gee, I wonder why?!?!?!?!

It automatically makes me think of sturgeon (the fish).

Yup, me too.

I've taught a million kids , some with very unique names, but I have never heard of anything this bad. I can't imagine the uneducated Jkids  being able to pronounce it or even repeat it.

Is there even a nickname for that...Spur??? Ginny??

Sounds like a Depression-era name for the malnourished 28th kid in the family.

ETA: Bin's being called a 'doting Dad', huh?  Six whole days of doting??? Laughable. But I guess he's got all day to dote.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 6

Facebook is saying his name is Spurgeon Elliot Seewald. I don't know how to link from Facebook. Another kid in this family that I hope that later chooses to go by their middle name.

Sorry, people beat me to it. Even after refreshing topic several times, I still didn't catch it.

Edited by kellylovessnark

I couldn't get here fast enough when I heard the name. I knew the snark would be EPIC!

Wow...just...wow. That poor kid. At least he's cute. Please Benessa, have some mercy and let him go by his middle name!

• Love 4

Oh Jessa your love of Kim K is showing by giving your son a "unique"name. He can surely hang out with North West and her soon to be brother who will probably have yet another "unique" name.

Jessa likes Kim Kardashian?! How does she even know who Kim is? I'm shocked about that.

Spurgeon. Wow.

It made me sad that my phone kept changing Spurgeon to surgeon because you know that nobody in that family will never be allowed to become a surgeon or anything else that will allow them independence.

Spurgeon. Really?

• Love 3

I cannot stop laughing.  SPURGEON. 

It sounds like a bodily fluid that's been coughed up.

It looks like the alphabet just vomited.

It anagramms to: ego spurn; goner ups; grope sun; ergo puns; purge sun; nope rugs; senor pug.

SPURGEON. SPURGEON.

• Love 11

He was a teen when that poor baby was conceived. IMHO of course.

Spurgeon. Sperm of a virgin. 

Edited by Guest

Ben is not a teenage father

Nope and many young fathers are successful at raising a child. Ben is so clueless about the world except within the context of his religion. He is a passive guy, with a dominate wife, who in turn is enslaved by her parents ideals. He is really just a Spurgeon Spooge donor. They know little of practical life and have little to pass on to #6.
  • Love 10

I cannot stop laughing. SPURGEON.

It sounds like a bodily fluid that's been coughed up.

It looks like the alphabet just vomited.

It anagramms to: ego spurn; goner ups; grope sun; ergo puns; purge sun; nope rugs; senor pug.

SPURGEON. SPURGEON.

Lil Spurg its time for dinner

• Love 2

Nope and many young fathers are successful at raising a child. Ben is so clueless about the world except within the context of his religion. He is a passive guy, with a dominate wife, who in turn is enslaved by her parents ideals. He is really just a Spurgeon Spooge donor. They know little of practical life and have little to pass on to #6.

They could call him Smegma Seewald.

Edited by BrianJ62
  • Love 4

So one dimensional that they didnt consider anything about the name and how it would relate to a boy or man, only how to honor a preacher. You wonder if Einstein made the short list.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 6

Look how much he is already being talked about.. Means  something.. Yes it does.. 

Yeah, as much as I don't like these two, the name was worth waiting for in terms of snark value. People are going to be talking about this like it's the second coming of Apple Martin (which is sounding like a better name by the second).

They don't seem to know much about childbirth, getting an education, or humility, but they understand the black arts of famewhoring. I can't help but admire the move strictly in terms of PR. Benessa are mostly dim and self-righteous, but every so often they show a glimmer of shrewdness that, in different hands, might have manifest itself into an interesting career.

...but I'm probably giving them too much credit.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 10