Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Haven't been here for a while except to pop in a few times to see if Jessa has given birth

Agree that Peter Gabriel is a nice name but, it reminds so much of the singer in the 80's and his song Sledgehammer. I don't know if any of you have watched the video but, it starts out with sperm swimming. Ha!

Perfect! Hahahahaha!

• Love 1

The Seewald arrogance is appalling. I don't give a rat's ass what they name their spawn (he is cute, though). Was concerned about Jessa and the complications she had and wondering if maybe it was being down played by the family. Now that she is posting on Facebook, I will assume she is ok. No interest from me - I do not wish to participate in the drama they are obviously trying  to stir up.

To think that People magazine is paying for this boggles the mind.

Edited by whydoiwatch
  • Love 9

I saw the Leah Remini People at the supermarket today. I opened to the table of contents to see if there was a story inside, but there was nada (aside from some other celeb who I'd never heard of who had a baby WITH A NAME!!!!111). 

Are they postponing until next week when she can get a cover? Do we really have to go through another week of this bullshit??? Or should people be checking US Weekly? Isn't that who they sold their engagement to (pretty sure People got the wedding)?

Edited by Sew Sumi

The Leah Remini issue was out last week. I think subscribers get this week's People starting Thursday and it hits stands Friday (I could be wrong on that - I usually get mine in the mail Thurs or Fri).

Put me in the camp of thinking they darn well know the name but are holding out for some exclusive in People or Us or whatever.

Is People seriously going to pay for these "exclusives" every few months? Pregnancy...baby arrival...pregnancy...baby arrival...rinse and repeat.

• Love 4

We aren't supposed to compare or own birth experiences on this thread, so I hesitate to share this - but I will because it's kinda sorta relevant.

I once had a cocker spaniel who was more people than dog - she was HIGHLY offended when we bred her.  And when she gave birth, she was a no-go.  Had to trap her in the garage to make her feed them.  Tried to bite ME once because I picked up a baby.  (Not because I was bothering her offspring, mind you, she was JEALOUS of the puppy).

I had a "birth box" at the ready with all my supplies (that the books recommended).  And a clean brown towel.  It as an oddball, that brown towel, it didn't match anything else in my house.  Not even sure where it came from.  Anyway, the night she gave birth, when the first one was born, she sniffed at it, poked at it, turned her back on it.  (The puppy was still aswim in the sac, cord still attached).  I said "Come'on, girl... DOOOO something!"  But she didn't.  So I gently got the puppy out of the sack, cut the cord and massaged him into breathing.  Put him down, hoping her instincts would take over.  And they did.

She comes back, sniffs the puppy again, lifts up the corner of the brown towel with her teeth (careful not to let her doggie princess lips touch it), covers the puppy.  Pats, rolls, pats, rolls, pats and rolls him into a corner of her birth box.  Walks away and lays down.  (Mentally saying "There you go.  Problem solved.") 

Unfortunately, from my first glimpse of Baby Seewald in that brown towel, I've had images of that puppy being "buried alive" in his brown towel.  Three more pups were born that night and all lived to be passed along to their permanent families.  The day after the last one left, I made the appointment to have her spayed.  Not good mommy material, that one.  But doesn't my mama dog remind you ever-so-slightly of Michelle?

HFC, we had a dog just like that way back when.  She was uninterested in the breeding process.  No wine and music involved.  She looked totally disinterested,  Maybe dogs do that.  then when the puppies were born, in between them coming, she got out of the box and wanted to go out.  Came back in for each one.  then when they were born, she got out of the box.  We had to put her in the box to feed them, and then after she fed them, out she went.  This went on til they were weaned.  Absolutely no interest in them.  And then she was spayed.  Batten down your hatches.  We are moving soon.

• Love 1

Haven't been here for a while except to pop in a few times to see if Jessa has given birth

Agree that Peter Gabriel is a nice name but, it reminds so much of the singer in the 80's and his song Sledgehammer.  I don't know if any of you have watched the video but, it starts out with sperm swimming.  Ha!

Didn't he also do Shock The Monkey?
  • Love 4

Well, Jessa's posting something somewhere, so she's all right.  Baby Bam Bam is still being passed around for photo ops, but someone finally dressed him, so he's all right.  

I've got a pizza coming, so very soon I'm going to be all right.  Sounds good to me.

• Love 9

Is the Leah Remini cover last week's? It was dated 11/16, so I assumed it's the new one. I have no clue how far out weeklies date their publications.

I did some googling. It looks like the latest issue with date 11/16 was out on Friday 11/6. So the next issue will be dated 11/23 and it will be out this Friday 11/13. I have no idea why they do it this way?

Edit: found why on here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_date

Edited by starlightlost
  • Love 2

Oh, okay. Someone somewhere else said that was the new cover. I guess we wait until subscribers get their copies of this week's magazine on Thursday to get the name. Or do we have to wait until Friday when the story is released online? 

I really wonder how much the Seaworlds are getting paid for this?

• Love 2

I have a subscription to People. I'll come straight here if there is a name announcement!

When I had my daughter, I was VERY controlling on what information was given. I never felt like my first duty was to appease everyone else - hell I never even announced pregnancy on fb. So if Jessa is really truly just wanting to enjoy this moment and figure out this new world of "oh crap I have a kid?" I can respect that. But if they are holding out on the name because all of American just HAS to be on edge of seat and $$$? Modesty/humility my ass

• Love 3

I have a subscription to People. I'll come straight here if there is a name announcement!

When I had my daughter, I was VERY controlling on what information was given. I never felt like my first duty was to appease everyone else - hell I never even announced pregnancy on fb. So if Jessa is really truly just wanting to enjoy this moment and figure out this new world of "oh crap I have a kid?" I can respect that. But if they are holding out on the name because all of American just HAS to be on edge of seat and $$$? Modesty/humility my ass

Reading your post it just dawned on me.    Its so obvious , we should of known all along.  His name is People Magazine Seeworld.    

Who else but Famy!

2m2c3k1.jpg

You can practically set your white balance with her teeth.

OMG      he is missing his thumb !         

• Love 4

I'd bet good money that the name--or at least more info about the delivery--is released tomorrow (Wednesday). Usually on Wednesday People announces the week's cover story to build hype for the issue (if a celebrity is releasing baby pictures, for example, they'll release like one or two pictures on Wednesday and a small snippet of information inside the article). It then hits the stands on Friday.

Edited by this-one-is-mine
  • Love 1

I have another theory on the name delay. I suspect that Ben is behind it. He likes drama. Remember his elaborate proposal? The mysterious written clues, the plane flight, random people offering her flowers, the train ride and finally the proposal in the chapel? I wouldn't be surprised if he and Jessa have cooked up some attention-getting theatrical stunt to reveal the name instead of just announcing it like normal people do.

• Love 3

Subscribers will have their hard copies on Thursday. If there's an article, someone will take screenshots and post it. That's how I saw Jessa's wedding spread...before the magazine hit newsstands on Friday.

Duggars need their own magazine, I bet the faithful would buy it.

• Love 3

Trust me, this is all for garnering interest for the show aaaaand money from People.

The crib was all set up in their room (and some astute poster here even noticed boy-patterned bedding)...I'm sure  Hobby Lobby Letters spelled out his name on the wall , just out of camera range.

Remember, they showed an untrasound of one baby, then a few months later, were trying to fool people into voting if they were having twins. They are sneaky tricksters, those two . (Which I do believe Jessa has said is an asset. )

The James Michael bit is probably to throw people off the scent, so they can go back to Gabriel. Pretty sad if the name gets changed because Bin's sister leaked it and they won't get their payday. Sad because naming a kid gets them a paycheck. The rest of us have to, you know, WORK for it.

Oops, back to Hobby Lobby for more wall letters, Jinger and Joy. Or they can rearrange them into "Gerbil" or "Regal". Yes, "Regal"...they can one-up any Kardashian baby!!

Their show is going to be epically pathetic.

• Love 15

Jessa talks about the birth to People magazine.

Jessa (Duggar) Seewald Opens Up About Difficult Home Birth and Why She Was Rushed to the Hospital: 'Everything Was Different Than I Expected' : People.com Mobile

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20965833,00.html?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

Screw a bunch of this. They kept quiet for the publicity. How do their fans explain this bs away? Once again, humility my ass

• Love 8

Ugh. People magazine website has the "exclusive" story. Still no name announced.

Jessa (Duggar) Seewald Opens Up About Difficult Home Birth and Why She Was Rushed to the Hospital: 'Everything Was Different Than I Expected'

This quote enrages me:

"I said, 'That's it! I'm done! I am going to the hospital and I'm going to get an epidural,' " she says. "They asked me if I really wanted to do that and I said, 'No, I don't, but I do.' I wanted to try natural if at all possible."

Really? Who is this "They" referenced above? So much fucking pressure all the time.

Why is were no name? The kid has a name. I wasn't allowed to leave the hospital without a name on a signed birth certificate. Perhaps Arkansas is different?

The baby is cute. There is a photo of Jessa with Ben and baby. It's a very real picture of a post-partum woman. Jessa looks pretty big (again - real! I'm not body shaming). I guess she doesn't get final say in pics People chooses.

• Love 4

48 hours of labor but 10 hours of contractions?!?! So her water broke 38 hours before contractions began?!?! Another improperly managed homebirth. She nearly fainted and got a blood transfusion at the hospital. Non named baby forever!!!

• Love 10

So all those pics released days after the birth that were clearly in the hospital were really just from that one day? So they basically mislead everyone into thinking she was still there while people who don't even like Jessa expressed concern for her well being. All for money. These people just are the worst. I will no longer give any of them the benefit of the doubt. Money is all they are about. I think the Bible they love so much has something to say about that...

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 12

Ugh. People magazine website has the "exclusive" story. Still no name announced.

Jessa (Duggar) Seewald Opens Up About Difficult Home Birth and Why She Was Rushed to the Hospital: 'Everything Was Different Than I Expected'

This quote enrages me:

"I said, 'That's it! I'm done! I am going to the hospital and I'm going to get an epidural,' " she says. "They asked me if I really wanted to do that and I said, 'No, I don't, but I do.' I wanted to try natural if at all possible."

Really? Who is this "They" referenced above? So much fucking pressure all the time.

Why is were no name? The kid has a name. I wasn't allowed to leave the hospital without a name on a signed birth certificate. Perhaps Arkansas is different?

The baby is cute. There is a photo of Jessa with Ben and baby. It's a very real picture of a post-partum woman. Jessa looks pretty big (again - real! I'm not body shaming). I guess she doesn't get final say in pics People chooses.

Controlled by her parents since birth- Now controlled by TLC and People.

She can't make any decisions (baby name) on her own.

• Love 5

If they never admitted the baby into the hospital (which it sounds like they didn't if Jessa had to leave the baby, as per the article), then the hospital can't force them to get a birth certificate.

There's also people out there who refuse birth certificates and social security numbers because they don't want "the man" to know their kids were born, so there's ways to get around it.

• Love 7

Can this clan be any more conniving and deceitful?  I feel scammed for having had any concern for Jessa's well being. I will visit this forum to continue to enjoy the thoughtful, intelligent and hilarious comments, but am done with any interest in the Duggars. For a group that claims to be such fine Christian examples, they are actually the definition of hypocrisy. Keep on courting, marrying a virtual stranger, getting knocked up immediately - it is getting old and not a way to make a living in the long run.

• Love 12

I've learned that you can't take anything the Duggars say as truth. Everything they do should be looked at with skepticism. That's what they've shown themselves to be. Deceptive.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 13

Jesse finally got her People cover. She must feel so...validated. Sigh.

This quote enrages me:

To be fair, if she truly wanted a drug-free delivery and developed a birth plan to support that, this would not be unusual and is not necessarily a sign of being controlled. You instruct your birth team that if you ask for drugs during labor, they should ask you if you are sure. During transition, in particular, you're more likely to ask for the drugs but then once it passes, you realize you're still okay without them. At least, for my several friends who have had drug-free deliveries, this is what they did.

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 5

I'm confused.  The baby was born on Nov. 5th at 6:54 PM after 48 hours of labor yet Jessa's Nov. 4th birthday pics of her and Jordyn were taken on Nov. 4th? While she was in labor?  Why are you sharing an ice cream with Jordyn when you're in labor?  

• Love 8

I'm confused.  The baby was born on Nov. 5th at 6:54 PM after 48 hours of labor yet Jessa's Nov. 4th birthday pics of her and Jordyn were taken on Nov. 4th? While she was in labor?  Why are you sharing an ice cream with Jordyn when you're in labor?  

Replying in the Small Talk topic.

• Love 1
All of the TLC families are deceptive. The Gosselins had a marriage vow renewal while they were leading comeletely seperate lives and headed for divorce. The Browns from Sister Wives were maintaining that they were one big happy family as one wife was having an on line affair with a catfisher. Even The Little Couple were deceitful. They pretended that they met their adoptive son for the first time on the show. Then in their book they admitted that they spent the day before with him at the orphanage. All of these families learn how to play the lying game for the almighty dollar. I don't care for the Duggars, but when it comes to being deceptive for money, they are not unique.

Oh, I completely agree, except to say that the Duggar family has themselves as a family who want us to believe that they are so much more moral than every other family, and they have all the answers.  They want us to believe they know what's right and people who don't live as they do are heathens.  They are deceitful and hypocritical.  

• Love 7

I agree with one of the People commentors. With all the heroes they could have put on the cover for Veteran's Day, the idiots at People chose Benessa. Baby No Name's birth should have been listed in the Passages section like everyone else, not given the cover & an article. What more can be put in the arcticle? All Jessa's comments about not realizing how hard labor is, wanting drugs, etc. have been uttered by almost every mother. What makes her special? I still love seeing Benessa's age difference in print. Like someone else posted, not a big deal in the real world, but may mean something in the Fundy world. Will they mention an occupation for Ben in the article?

Happy Veteran's Day to our true heroes. Thank you for your service.

Seriously- so many veterans to choose from and they choose this uneducated hill billy famewhore and her teenage boy toy

Happy Veteran's Day indeed! People you suck! Glad I cancelled my subscription last year!

• Love 10

I think either we aren't getting the full, accurate story or that they're being deceitful. Heres' why: first the article says she wanted to go to the hospital for an epidural. Now I've never given birth and I'm not a medical professional, but aren't epidurals only allowed for a specific time BEFORE the actual birth? Once the baby comes. or you start pushing, isn't the epidural useless??  Then the article says that after she gave birth she started bleeding. "The midwife became concerned, everyone stayed calm, and Michele called 911". So something ain't adding up here. If she had the baby at home why would she need to go to the hospital for an epidural? 

Media Hogs!

• Love 4