Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Jessa actually looks very good for 40 weeks. Not that big at all. Especially compared to Jill who looked full-term at 30 weeks. 

She's not 40 weeks yet is she?  Maybe it just seems that long.  I thought she was like 37 or 38 weeks now.  I agree about Jill, she really looked about to burst near the end.

i am pretty sure kanye West dresses his wife.  i heard her on an interview saying he got rid of her wardrobe and had his people give her a new one.  As i have heard "poor taste is better than no taste".  Maybe not.

IMO, poor taste and no taste are the same exact thing. And Kanye has acres of them both.

• Love 9

She's not 40 weeks yet is she?  Maybe it just seems that long.  I thought she was like 37 or 38 weeks now.  I agree about Jill, she really looked about to burst near the end.

Two days ago, Jessa posted a "39 weeks 4 days" pic of herself on Instagram.  So, yes, she is about to hit the 40 week mark.

• Love 1

I don't consider this to be a side hug.

2hd2nhs.png

I also distinctly remember Jackson rushing out to Michelle getting out of a car and frontal hugging her.

It does look a little side-huggy ;-) , but my post was in response to one that suggested the side-hug rule applied to parents and children and Michelle was an occasional violator.

• Love 3

It's Jessa and Ben's first anniversary y'all. Jessa posted a link to watch their entire wedding video. https://instagram.com/p/9jYcgYjfiC/

I hate to sound like such a Debbie Downer, but I just can't with this. One year of marriage? Wow. I've been with my bf for almost 11 years. Jessa and Bin act like they're experts on relationships when really they're in an arranged marriage for Jesus. Jessa, call me in 5-7 years and let me know if marriage to Bin is still wonderful.

• Love 18

Ben's Facebook header now says he is a writer.  He must think that the ability to post on Facebook is the definition of an author.

He's an "author", hm?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I hate to sound like such a Debbie Downer, but I just can't with this. One year of marriage? Wow. I've been with my bf for almost 11 years. Jessa and Bin act like they're experts on relationships when really they're in an arranged marriage for Jesus. Jessa, call me in 5-7 years and let me know if marriage to Bin is still wonderful.

We've been married for 22 years. Ask me how much fun our first year was after dating for only 9 months prior to marriage. ;-) And I'd love to ask Jessa Blessa what the biggest lesson she's learned in HER first year of marriage was... :eyeroll:

And Joe Jitsu913, here's to many years of bliss with your boyfriend!

• Love 5

Isn't Jessa trying to induce labor screwing with their "In God's time" mantra?

If Jill was my sister and I witnessed up close what that was like, I might want to speed up labor too. 

Also it reminds me of how they scheduled her wedding. Today is their wedding anniversary. They scheduled her wedding for the last Saturday before her 22nd birthday. They wanted all the press about the wedding to say Ben was 19 and Jessa was 21.  If she gives birth before Wednesday, she'll be 22 and he'll be 20.  Wednesday is her birthday (and my guess for when she gives birth). My guess is they're very conscientious about her being older than Ben.

I'm not sure whether it's a boy or a girl. 

• Love 5

How many Lhasa Apsos did it take to make that God-awful vest? Bin and DUI Dill actually look okay, Jessa looks like she threw on whatever was in the bottom of her closet but I'll give her a pass.

They're awfully casual for a banquet. I'd love to see how the other guests were dressed to see if the Duggars totally missed the mark as usual.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1

How many Lhasa Apsos did it take to make that God-awful vest? Bin and DUI Dill actually look okay, Jessa looks like she threw on whatever was in the bottom of her closet but I'll give her a pass.

They're awfully casual for a banquet. I'd love to see how the other guests were dressed to see if the Duggars totally missed the mark as usual.

They've all moved past the scary as shit Pilgrim/Stepford/Children of the Corn Phase and are now in the "I wear my clothes like this because I can..." phase. 

One thing I keep thinking, though - whether it's absolutely filthy bare feet all over the place, like where they prepare food, ill-fitting used shoes for little growing feet, Dollar Store flip-flops on a constructions site, cheap, crappy sandals at a formal wedding, bare feet at a wedding (!), etc, etc, the Duggars are as tone-deaf about feet, footwear, and public perception as they are about everything else !  Doubleplusyuck.

• Love 8

I'm pretty much always wrong about these things, so I'm just tossing out a random guess:

November 3, boy, Benjamin James Robert* -- BJ for short. 7 lbs. 5 oz.

*Because royal babies always get at least three names.

I honestly see Jessa and Bin doing something trendee for Baby Seewald. I'm guessing Owen Carter Seewald if it's a boy or Ava Lauren for a girl. Edited by Joe Jitsu913

They've all moved past the scary as shit Pilgrim/Stepford/Children of the Corn Phase and are now in the "I wear my clothes like this because I can..." phase. 

One thing I keep thinking, though - whether it's absolutely filthy bare feet all over the place, like where they prepare food, ill-fitting used shoes for little growing feet, Dollar Store flip-flops on a constructions site, cheap, crappy sandals at a formal wedding, bare feet at a wedding (!), etc, etc, the Duggars are as tone-deaf about feet, footwear, and public perception as they are about everything else !  Doubleplusyuck.

I remember Jenny sitting on the floor with a bin overflowing with used shoes, trying to find a pair that fit. She became frustrated because none fit HER feet! I know one of my boys always needed a Narrow width shoe, or he developed bliters. My daughter needed a Wide. I always took my kids to a shoe store that properly measured their feet. Even if I did frequently buy their clothing at a thrift store, never their shoes!

• Love 12

I always thought it was interesting, because when Jill and Derick got married and interviewed for the show afterwards, she was completely giddy, excited, etc. I distinctly remember when Jessa and Bin got married and their first interview (basically) after living together, Jessa mentioned how Bin did little things that annoyed her (there was something with the toothpaste or toothbrush or something). I remember sitting there and being like, if you're already complaining about little things bothering you (on national television, no less) and you've only been married for like, two weeks, you're in for a long long marriage. 

My sister is very similar to Jessa (and Jill) in that she constantly has to post about her relationship with her husband (which is actually not a good relationship at all). I think she feels like she constantly has to post stuff about how "great" their relationship is just to convince herself that it's going well. I could totally see Jessa doing that, and if she's not already, she definitely will be in a few years when she's absolutely miserable and tired of chasing around her kids. 

• Love 5

sew sumi, do you mean the virtue names? Thats what I think she'll go with. Charity Michelle. (Okay maybe not that one)

Yeah. I thought they were Virtue names, but hesitated to post it and get lectured at if I showed my ignorance. LOL

I think that's how they'll roll with girl names. Too bad they can't use Faith; Ben's sister has dibs on it.

• Love 2

I say she has the baby tomorrow, 11/2. I think it's a girl and I think it'd be funny if she stole Jill's girl name, Selah.

Selah? WTH. Where did she get this name from? Please tell me it's pronounced like Sela Ward's first name and she just added an H to be you-neek and all.....

• Love 1

Selah? WTH. Where did she get this name from? Please tell me it's pronounced like Sela Ward's first name and she just added an H to be you-neek and all.....

It's a word in the Bible. Don't know the meaning.

I didn't know that. Thanks. I guess that makes more sense.

ETA: I just Wikipedia-ed it and it appears that no one is exactly sure what it means but many seem to think it was a word used to indicate a pause when reading/singing the psalms or indicate a musical interlude. Some consider it to be more akin to "Amen."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selah

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selah

I've never heard anyone named Selah until my friend who goes to that mega church posted one of the singer's videos and of course Jill was talking about the same person.

As for Sela Ward, she sure does have a unique name. I loved her in Sisters. Classic beauty.

I always thought it was interesting, because when Jill and Derick got married and interviewed for the show afterwards, she was completely giddy, excited, etc. I distinctly remember when Jessa and Bin got married and their first interview (basically) after living together, Jessa mentioned how Bin did little things that annoyed her (there was something with the toothpaste or toothbrush or something). I remember sitting there and being like, if you're already complaining about little things bothering you (on national television, no less) and you've only been married for like, two weeks, you're in for a long long marriage. 

My sister is very similar to Jessa (and Jill) in that she constantly has to post about her relationship with her husband (which is actually not a good relationship at all). I think she feels like she constantly has to post stuff about how "great" their relationship is just to convince herself that it's going well. I could totally see Jessa doing that, and if she's not already, she definitely will be in a few years when she's absolutely miserable and tired of chasing around her kids. 

Is your sister Pricilla Keller perhaps????

• Love 3

Off topic, but I hate the FB posts, "This is to my best friend, the most etc etc. etc." You live with the guy, but instead of telling him you post on FB? I smell a rat when people are too much into what others think of their relationship.

• Love 4

I hope she doesn't have the baby tomorrow, my sister went to the hospital last night she (my sister) is dilated 2 and 50% effaced, I'm hoping my sister has her baby tomorrow or the next day, her other two went pretty quick once she started dilating. I don't want my nephew and baby chucky born on the same day.

• Love 4

Two days ago, Jessa posted a "39 weeks 4 days" pic of herself on Instagram.  So, yes, she is about to hit the 40 week mark.

Thanks.  So  it really has been 40 weeks and 40 weeks of pregnant selfies.  I wonder who will make the birth announcement.  JB likes to be front and center and it's all about him (like with Meredith), but if Jessa is giving birth on TLC's dime maybe it'll be different.  

• Love 1

I hope if the baby is a girl they go with the misspelled virtue name "Chasity" (Chastity misspelled, which is relatively common in the South....see the Teen Mom 2 threads for extensive discussion of this phenomenon.)

I immediately thought of Leah's cousin Chasity when I read that.  

• Love 4

Well, as they said in another thread, Amy DID wear Sonny's vest for that event they were at.

That ugly vest.

I saw a rack of 'em today at Target. Front and center.

And one was sent down the runway for a recent Project Runway challenge!

Good grief.

On November 5 an 8 lb. 1 oz baby boy will be born unto them and they will name him Justice. Or Jesus.

• Love 2

Another gigantic baby.

One has to wonder if Jessa Blessa will be spending some time in the local hospital's delivery room as well.

Did I mention my bitter disappointment that little Dystopia was not born on Halloween? ;-)

• Love 9

jeslynn_star_rock Jesus is the best thing ever I love Jesus so much

You could put any noun at all in that sentence. Jesus, Justin Bieber, ice cream...

Fundy Mad Libs! I purpose to find a Godly adverb!

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 6