Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, graefin said:

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned here yet. Jessa posted a full-body shot of herself to her Instagram stories where she doesn't look pregnant.

Screenshot_20180302-141841.jpg

She's not facing to the side. It's harder to detect a bump from the front. She could still be preggo.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

She's not facing to the side. It's harder to detect a bump from the front. She could still be preggo.

I don't think she's pregnant.  After two kids, Jessa no longer has a waist. She inherited  her mother's genes, which is why she will wear baggy clothes for the rest of her life.

• Love 5

I don't use instagram/IG stories, etc.. but recall Old Navy swing dresses being mentioned by Jessa before - could this pic be rehashed? Not sure why I would remember such a thing, maybe it seemed odd at the time. She may as well try to show off her figure while she can, it won't be long until she will look like her mother. FWIW, I vote pregnant.

• Love 1

That dress looks like something I used to wear to bed when I was a kid. I want to say 'nightgown' but that sounds vaguely Victorian and I'm not sure if the word is used anymore but uh, whatever the modern stretch cotton version of nightgown is called. That's what the dress looks like. Looks very comfortable though and I'm sure it is very practical for a pregnant woman.

• Love 7

Jessa needs to attend one of Meri Brown's LuLaNo online events.  Everything looks like that dress, except the prints are beyond hideous.  

Oh wait, I suppose Meri being a proud polygamist wouldn't jive with the Duggardom's fundie beliefs.  LOL

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Vaysh said:

That dress looks like something I used to wear to bed when I was a kid. I want to say 'nightgown' but that sounds vaguely Victorian and I'm not sure if the word is used anymore but uh, whatever the modern stretch cotton version of nightgown is called. That's what the dress looks like. Looks very comfortable though and I'm sure it is very practical for a pregnant woman.

Yup, nightgown.  That's exactly what I thought as well.

6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Jessa needs to attend one of Meri Brown's LuLaNo online events.  Everything looks like that dress, except the prints are beyond hideous.  

Oh wait, I suppose Meri being a proud polygamist wouldn't jive with the Duggardom's fundie beliefs.  LOL

Well she is apparently buying online, so Old Navy doesn't seem to me to be run by crazy folks like her, so maybe she and Meri could hit it off and then TLC could do a spin off show and have meri and Jessa meet up in real life.  Jim Bob could throw everyone into the stinkbus and roll into Vegas to save everyone.  While Kody could attempt to convince Jim Bob that polygamy is the best way to follow the Lord.  Josh would of course agree with him and FT could explain to these poor folks who live in Arkansas what street tacos are.    Then they could up J'chelle's medication that she HAS to be on and get her in a choreographer dance routine with Christine.

• Love 6

Oh come ON, we tall girls have enough trouble finding clothes - you don't have to take what few tall size clothing Old Navy has away from us!

I have an Old Navy Tall swing dress, and I have TWICE, on two separate occasions, been asked if I "had a surprise." I have a very active job and very active children, so it's something about the dress that looks like maternity wear. Also, it comes well above my knees. I channel my inner Kate Middleton and wear black hose with black shoes with the dress give the illusion of more coverage.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Oh come ON, we tall girls have enough trouble finding clothes - you don't have to take what few tall size clothing Old Navy has away from us!

I have an Old Navy Tall swing dress, and I have TWICE, on two separate occasions, been asked if I "had a surprise." I have a very active job and very active children, so it's something about the dress that looks like maternity wear. Also, it comes well above my knees. I channel my inner Kate Middleton and wear black hose with black shoes with the dress give the illusion of more coverage.

I should be buying the tall version of these dresses, but I'm too cheap.  If I could get the tall in store at the same price of the regular side, I would buy them.  I just wear leggings under the too short dress.  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think one of the kids left dirty finger prints on the bottom of the mirror. Either that or they finger painted directly on Jessa's legs...

I thought the same thing at first, that the prints were on her legs. Then realized they were on the mirror. Or are they??

Regarding MEchelle's legs & wearing dark hose:  Wasn't there a picture of her in her Nurse's dress at Famy's wedding where she is wearing natural colored hose? Her legs looked fine in that picture, no varicose veins like we speculated.

I want to see Jessa wear a belt with her Swing dress so we can decide if pregnant or not. Jessa, are you listening?

Good way for  her to get freebies from Old Navy.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, gunderda said:

wedding ring set is covered up by the "S"

Her pinkie is covered by the "S" not her ring finger, which is bare.

Hmm maybe her fingers are a little puffy for some reason, lol. 

21 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

This smacks of desperately trying to keep her secret a little longer - “look how non-pregnant I am!!!!!” 

Yep.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Her pinkie is covered by the "S" not her ring finger, which is bare.

It's a selfie in a mirror, which means it's mirrored twice. Her left hand is on the left, she's holding her phone with her right. Her wedding set is covered by the first 's' in 'dresses', not the 's' in 'obsessed'.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, McManda said:

It's a selfie in a mirror, which means it's mirrored twice. Her left hand is on the left, she's holding her phone with her right. Her wedding set is covered by the first 's' in 'dresses', not the 's' in 'obsessed'.

What is this "selfie" thing you speak of, Whipper Snapper???

Just kidding, sorry. I'm an old fart and I don't do selfies so the finer nuances of multiple reflections elude me.  Thanks for the explanation.

I enlarged the pic of her other hand I think I can see the edge of a ring on it. So my theory that she is not wearing her rings because she has puffy pregnant fingers just crashed and burned. 

I'm going back to the Derrick and Jill thread now. I'm having better luck speculating over there today. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yes, but we have to remember that, for the Duggars, that counts as "dressy attire."

Lots of other people would wear that dress around the house like she's doing and certainly to church in the church I grew up in.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Shit, I like the swing dress. I where a similar style because I'm apple shaped and swing tops, peasant tops and such don't accentuate my middle aged, middle body spread. 

I like them too.   I have some from Old Navy and from other stores.   I also wear my size unlike Jessa.   It looks like she bought not only the tall size but she sized up.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I like them too.   I have some from Old Navy and from other stores.   I also wear my size unlike Jessa.   It looks like she bought not only the tall size but she sized up.  

Which would make even more sense if she is indeed pregnant.

• Love 12
On 2/14/2018 at 3:11 PM, graefin said:

Engaged? That's Laura DeMasie and Jenny Hartono, longtime Duggar buds.

Also, "best friends forever" is a weird caption for a romantic kissing photo.

I dunno, lots of people send that wedding invite that says Today I Marry My Best Friend. 

That kiss was not meant to be a "real" kiss, it's an "Insta" kiss - Jessa probably took 14 versions and kept tweaking it until it looked good, LOL. Honestly, I'm glad. I dont need to see Ben slipping her the tongue. UG.

Ot occurs to me that all of these husband posts are just fundie girls competing.  My daughters' friends post stuff about cute clothes, shoes, places they go, etc. It's ALL competition, IMO, in all social media.  With the fundie crowd, the #1 category those girls want to one-up each other in is the "MY Husband is better than YOUR husband."

• Love 13
On 3/2/2018 at 4:43 PM, Natalie68 said:

What's up with her legs?  They look totally chonked on by some insect.  Or she is a skin picker.

I don't think it's anything...I think the ick on the mirror from the baby's finger prints creates the illusion of gnarliness on her legs......

• Love 7
13 hours ago, asuwur said:

I don't think it's anything...I think the ick on the mirror from the baby's finger prints creates the illusion of gnarliness on her legs......

I hope that is the case!  I was really wondering what the heck???

Hey Dickweed (we KNOW you read here, hi!), tell your vain sister in law that her legs look funky so she needs to clean her mirrors.  

• Love 3
On 3/7/2018 at 10:24 PM, asuwur said:

I totally missed that.  I thought her right leg was presenting like she had a bad reaction to a flea bite attack.  (allergic to fleas, here)

• Love 1

Come on, Jessa - your BIL Dullard is totally ruining your brand. Get sprogged up or announce that you already are before a) he ruins the brand (even more than it was) and/or b) the attention is off you. We know you won't stand for that.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think Jessa's Damage Control will come on Monday, as do all Duggar announcements during a season run. 

Yes they seem to be scheduling one announcement per Monday:

week 1) Joy had the baby!

week 2)Josiah and Lauren are engaged

week3) Jessa's pregnancy?

week4) the gender of Jinger's baby?

week5) the gender of Jessa's baby?

week6) new courtship?

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Yes they seem to be scheduling one announcement per Monday:

week 1) Joy had the baby!

week 2)Josiah and Lauren are engaged

week3) Jessa's pregnancy?

week4) the gender of Jinger's baby?

week6) new courtship?

Which well be needed to balance the 

week 3) The entire world waits breathlessly to see what bizarre thought Derick will tweet next, and then productivity drops in America by half as we all sit with our wine and snacks watching.

week 4) Jill has a breakdown in Walmart

week 5) Cross church kicks Derick out of school

week 6) people photo the stink bus parked outside of Jill and Derick's duplex and all of her brothers drag a kicking and screaming Derick out an throw him into the bus.

week7) Derick is spotted at ALERT training

• Love 20
25 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Which well be needed to balance the 

week 3) The entire world waits breathlessly to see what bizarre thought Derick will tweet next, and then productivity drops in America by half as we all sit with our wine and snacks watching.

week 4) Jill has a breakdown in Walmart

week 5) Cross church kicks Derick out of school

week 6) people photo the stink bus parked outside of Jill and Derick's duplex and all of her brothers drag a kicking and screaming Derick out an throw him into the bus.

week7) Derick is spotted at ALERT training

Ha! Except for Jill's breakdown at Walmart, the rest could be quite entertaining.

On 3/10/2018 at 1:40 PM, Temperance said:

Silly you....Jessa never announces the gender of her baby. She even deceives by hinting that it could be twins. And she waits days or weeks to announce the name. Must keep everyone guessing.... and watching.... and clicking on her IG.

• Love 16

I wonder how much money Amy asked for to leak the news to the tabloids 

Everyone knows knows she's pregnant, too bad they stole her thunder now she has to hurry and announce.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, kaleidoscope said:

In Touch claims to have the exclusive that Jessa has #3 on the way:

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jessa-duggar-four-months-pregnant-155985

I...am...so...shocked. zzzzzzzz....no one cares Jessa. Nice try though, hey look here I am pregnant pay no attention to my crazy ass brother-in-law, my sister who, once again, barely escaped tragedy because of my other sister's idea that she is a midwife and who cannot avoid screwing up a birth. Another baby....goodie

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Annb67 said:

I...am...so...shocked. zzzzzzzz....no one cares Jessa. Nice try though, hey look here I am pregnant pay no attention to my crazy ass brother-in-law, my sister who, once again, barely escaped tragedy because of my other sister's idea that she is a midwife and who cannot avoid screwing up a birth. Another baby....goodie

Jessa didn't tell them. They have "inside sources" who claim to know she's pregnant. But this is a speculation/"our sources say article" not a official she's telling them. 

Considering they were suing In Touch, they probably aren't ready to give them an inclusive even for $.

It wouldn't be surprising if she was pregnant, because that happens to people who don't believe in birth control. But this article isn't proof and she may not be as far along as they say. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5

The Duggars will do anything for $$$, they’ve made a living out of exploiting children. Now Derelict is doing his best to derail the gravy train. Jessa is going to do what it takes so her husband never has to work again. Those diapers are not going to change themselves. J/K

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Lunera said:

I wonder how much money Amy asked for to leak the news to the tabloids 

Everyone knows knows she's pregnant, too bad they stole her thunder now she has to hurry and announce.

Jessa had to the leak the news in order to steal Anna's thunder after she boasted that she is the mother to half of the Duggar grandchildren. (Pure speculation)

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Triple P said:

Jessa had to the leak the news in order to steal Anna's thunder after she boasted that she is the mother to half of the Duggar grandchildren. (Pure speculation)

Jessa may have the capability of doing something like that, but if Jessa did leak the news she would not have leaked it to InTouch.  InTouch is basically the last magazine Jessa would have anything to do with.

(Honestly, I  I wouldn't be surprised if it was Amy  who was the leaker, if, in fact, this is a leak and not a made-up story).

• Love 9

I suspect Famy is the "inside source" on all leaks regarding the Duggars Family.  How else is she supporting herself?  She doesn't work.  If confronted by Boob or any other family member I'm sure she denies it up and down.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

I suspect Famy is the "inside source" on all leaks regarding the Duggars Family.  How else is she supporting herself?  She doesn't work.  

or her husband, Dillon.

• Love 8
On 2/4/2018 at 4:58 AM, floridamom said:

I still see the Razorback 'fan' stuff from this family as a contradiction in their own stated beliefs. Don't they 'encourage' others to believe and live they do? Yes, they have done that publicly many times. In being Razorback football team fans, they are supporting those college students who live and believe differently than they do. Those students wouldn't be attending any college so there would not be a football team to cheer on. I'm confused by this family yet again.

As usual, I agree with you 100%.

I do understand the fierce allegiance people have to college teams in certain regions, regardless of whether or not they themselves are an alumnus or have kids/relatives who attend(ed).

I always thought it was weird as well for the Duggars to be such ardent Razorback fans,  especially because of the whole "it's a university/place for higher education" aspect.

Being around people at games for several hours at a time, who are either alumni, current students or other college educated people (who I imagine drink beer and let a few four letter words slip out) does not tempt them to think about higher learning/formal education/other options in life at all, but they must be covered up from head to toe, even during the sweltering summer months, to curb any other possible temptations? Hmmmm......

Interesting.

• Love 8