Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

They're all cruel. The whole damn family. 

Trying to legislate women's bodies because of your fucked up religious beliefs? Cruel.

Robo calling constituents telling them that transgender women are raping little girls in bathrooms (hello, irony calling). Cruel. 

A family who purports to have millions of dollars go on poverty tours and the only thing they bring people less fortunate than themselves is a few bottles of nail polish. Cruel.

Although victims themselves, Jessa and Jill sat there on Fox News and excused away their pedophile brother's molestation of their five year old sister. That's really effing cruel.

Bravo best line ever .

• Love 6
2 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

They're all cruel. The whole damn family. 

Trying to legislate women's bodies because of your fucked up religious beliefs? Cruel.

Robo calling constituents telling them that transgender women are raping little girls in bathrooms (hello, irony calling). Cruel. 

A family who purports to have millions of dollars go on poverty tours and the only thing they bring people less fortunate than themselves is a few bottles of nail polish. Cruel.

Although victims themselves, Jessa and Jill sat there on Fox News and excused away their pedophile brother's molestation of their five year old sister. That's really effing cruel.

Well, yes, that's all true, but that's not what the original comment was referencing. My question was very specific...why is Jessa singled out for cruelty? My guess...internalized misogyny. It's not a coincidence that the best looking daughter gets the most hate. JFC, the fact that Jessa changed after the reception is seen as proof of what a selfish, heinous bitch she is. What does that tell you?

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Well, yes, that's all true, but that's not what the original comment was referencing. My question was very specific...why is Jessa singled out for cruelty? My guess...internalized misogyny. It's not a coincidence that the best looking daughter gets the most hate. JFC, the fact that Jessa changed after the reception is seen as proof of what a selfish, heinous bitch she is. What does that tell you?

Internalized misogyny? No. And it's super subjective as to whether or not Jessa is the "best looking" daughter. To me, she comes in third and that's still not saying much. I find Jana to be moderately attractive but their gene pool contains too much Jim-boobage to make any noise about. Now some of the Bates daughters are actually gorgeous.

Edited by FakeJoshDuggar
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Still doesn't answer the question of why Jessa gets singled out

I don't think Jessa is singled out.  I've seen plenty of posts about other family members.  Maybe she is in topic section but that is because it is suppose to be about Jessa & Ben. 

• Love 3

Please folks, it's not a debate club. Posters do not have to prove or explain or justify why they feel that way. There's a difference between engaging in a civil, respectful discussion and repeated demands for justification. People are allowed to be illogical and unfounded. 

• Love 12

I'm allergic to avocados. 

(anyone remember nail polish?) 

But I did want to address Jessa's clothes change at the reception venue. As we know, the Duggars hosted that after-party. Not that Spurge would know, and probably crashed upstairs in one of the dorms by 6, Jessa should have been a host of that party along with her parents, hosting the elite inner circle from the wedding. It doesn't even matter that the couple didn't attend; they're hobnobbing with the DUGGARS at their HOUSE!!!!111

And no way JRod was included. Those poor kids would have eaten into half of Boob's food budget. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I've seen a lot of people change clothes between the wedding and the reception.  I see nothing odd about it.  Mostly it seems it's being done for comfort.

Huh, my experience is the opposite. However at one wedding in upstate NY I was surprised when folks changed from casual at the church to dressy for the reception.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, my experience is the opposite. However at one wedding in upstate NY I was surprised when folks changed from casual at the church to dressy for the reception.

Yes, I've seen this too. Especially if it's a Saturday afternoon church wedding & a Sat. night reception. I assumed people felt backless, strapless beaded gowns weren't appropriate for the church ceremony

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 2

I changed at one offspring's wedding to reception.  I lost the shoes as they were heels that I could barely stand in, changed the sequined silk jacket for a dressy sweater, and peeled off the Spanx.  All was done with the bride's blessing.  Her reception was intended to be informal and for people to be comfortable and have fun. 

Jessa seemed to have a very snug fit in that dress plus she has a one year old son.  Her arms looked like they might have been constricted by the dress and it was definitely pulling up much higher than the other attendants' dresses.  The combination of discomfort and picking up Spurge or that he might have spilled something on the dress are all good reasons to change even if it was just for the drive afterward.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't like avocados.

Those are fighting words Geegolly!  Why not?  Whats the problem with them?  What'd they ever do to you??  <Just joking!>

I don't know who is actually a cruel individual of the lot (as a whole their beliefs are cruel) but I can tell you her brother, he of no self control, is a gross asshole who should never have access to young girls alone (touch em once, you never get the chance again, ahem, ANNA!).  

Perhaps Jessa has a harder time showing her emotions combined with RBF (resting bitch face).  I know I suffer from that affliction.  I also think as a youngster having her personal space violated AND having her feelings discounted for the good of the families famewhoring, has shut her down to a degree.  When its beat into you (prob literally) that you must keep sweet and family secrets need to stay that way its most likely hard to show ANY emotion for fear of getting it wrong and beaten again.  Long way to say I think its a product of her environment.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I changed at one offspring's wedding to reception.  I lost the shoes as they were heels that I could barely stand in, changed the sequined silk jacket for a dressy sweater, and peeled off the Spanx.  All was done with the bride's blessing.  Her reception was intended to be informal and for people to be comfortable and have fun. 

Jessa seemed to have a very snug fit in that dress plus she has a one year old son.  Her arms looked like they might have been constricted by the dress and it was definitely pulling up much higher than the other attendants' dresses.  The combination of discomfort and picking up Spurge or that he might have spilled something on the dress are all good reasons to change even if it was just for the drive afterward.

Its odd that it seems like the salon does custom work and boasts that they designed the gowns but they still weren't right. Those dresses should have fit perfectly and it would have been a nice touch if Jessa's had some form of elastic at middle to her more empire styled dress.

And speaking of empire waisted maternity dresses Jill's looked like it didn't have to accommodate a blessing.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DOBABYR said:

For me, changing for receptions is tacky. My mother is getting married soon and that was a biggie she stressed to her bridesmaids. Since Jessa is pregnant I would give her a pass though...

I confess to often changing shoes. I bring a second nice attractive pair, though. Just something flatter or wider or less pointy, so I don't grimace or fall over while dancing or standing for an hour or whatever. And I don't change them if it's not going to be a taxing reception.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, flyingdi said:

I've seen a lot of people change clothes between the wedding and the reception.  I see nothing odd about it.  Mostly it seems it's being done for comfort.

From the photo, Jessa looked like she'd been sewn into that dress.  She looked big pregnant and uncomfy.  I'd give her a pass.

She's always got a look of smugness or stank on her puss. Though more telegenic than most of her siblings, she's no authority on anything.  I find her inflated sense of being an authority on absolutely everything to be laughable.  In my mind, she's a barefoot, uneducated, déclassé rube.

I Really WANT to like her. If she decides to run away from the cult and go Fundy lite, I'd be thrilled.  I only watch the show in hopes that these kids will realize that Ma and Pa Duggar have done them no favors by keeping them sheltered and "Duggar Dumb".

• Love 11
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:15 PM, Kokapetl said:

Jessa isn't cruel. I've never seen her exhibit any cruel behavior. She can be quite cool and remote when she's uncomfortable. 

Her engagement scavenger hunt is a perfect example.  Jinger didn't seem to have the least bit of problem interacting with the clue holders, but Jessa appeared ill at ease. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Her engagement scavenger hunt is a perfect example.  Jinger didn't seem to have the least bit of problem interacting with the clue holders, but Jessa seemed ill at ease. 

In no way am I denying that Jessa has come off cruel at times, but she seemed more paranoid and terrified interacting with non Duggars than cruel. She definitely was standoffish and afraid to interact. I think she's also a control freak who was afraid of whatever was going on with the hunt, in combination with being afraid of heathen outsiders who were just waiting to rape and pillage her.

• Love 2

https://m.facebook.com/monte.dauer#!/photo.php?fbid=532819156858538&id=100003913743378&set=a.119238994883225.18901.100003913743378&source=48&_ft_=top_level_post_id.532819690191818%3Atl_objid.532819156858538%3Athid.100003913743378%3A306061129499414%3A69%3A1420099200%3A1451635199%3A1212016772039770169&__tn__=E

So when guests attend a Duggar wedding, they actually post a sign stating No Photos.  So TLC and People mag can get in there and Duggars can draw a paycheck!  They probably did this at Jinger's wedding, also.

• Love 1

On TLC.com,  there is a snippet of video of Jill and Jesse giving marriage advice to JinJer.  Jessa recommended lots of regular dates, and cooking dinner together, and WATCHING MOVIES TOGETHER!!! As she says this, she glances up at Jill, who did not seem to agree much on the movie part.  Movies and Hollywood and all that are the work of the devil hardening your heart and turning you to the world.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Since when does Jessa cook? 

Since she first conceived her dream of making her fortune with a Christian lifestyle brand and cooking show? She still may not know that you brown ground beef before you throw it into the potato casserole, but she knows how to talk a good game. 

• Love 5

Can't stand how Benessa are saying they could be having twins.  I know it's for ratings & to keep the leghumpers wondering/hoping.  And then showing Dr Jill giving us her medical opinion regarding the heartbeat last night on the previews was over the top.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Can't stand how Benessa are saying they could be having twins.  I know it's for ratings & to keep the leghumpers wondering/hoping.  And then showing Dr Jill giving us her medical opinion regarding the heartbeat last night on the previews was over the top.  

To be fair, her mother has had more than one set of twins. That being said, my prognosis is that Jill hears Jessa's heartbeat and the baby's heartbeat and says, "Walla! Twins!!!" Methinks Jessa gets no prenatal care outside of what Jill's internet certification provides.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Aww, c'mon, she might be having twins.  I'm crossing my fingers she does!  Wouldn't that be three babies before they have been married three years?  And all in the mold house...maybe this would get her the pool house!

• Love 8
16 hours ago, louannems said:

On TLC.com,  there is a snippet of video of Jill and Jesse giving marriage advice to JinJer.  Jessa recommended lots of regular dates, and cooking dinner together, and WATCHING MOVIES TOGETHER!!! As she says this, she glances up at Jill, who did not seem to agree much on the movie part.  Movies and Hollywood and all that are the work of the devil hardening your heart and turning you to the world.

Easy to cook dinner together every night when neither of you work.

• Love 18
On 11/8/2016 at 1:43 PM, flyingdi said:

I have only seen it once and it nearly drove the bride over the edge.  Her maid of honor did it and my cousin (the bride) was ready to rumble.  While I thought it was rude in theory, I could NOT blame the moh.  The dresses were hideous and looked very uncomfortable.  Picture hoopskirts in various pastels and lots of  ruffles.   80s baby!

• Love 6

It doesn't bother me one way or the other if Jessa changed dresses. Have we seen any reception photos to see if Jessa wore the black dress at the reception?  The only photo I saw of her in the black dress was the one of her walking out of a building  carrying totes & bags with Babe in front of her, possibly leaving the reception? I'm thinking she may have changed after the reception to be more comfortable on the ride home..  Or like others have posted, Spurgey could have left a present on the formal gown.  I give her a pass for being pregnant & wanting to be comfortable.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Since I've already got a junior suite reserved in hell, I'll just go ahead and say it...I don't think Spurgeon is cute. He looks too much like a little Jim Boob to me.

Awwww. I don't like their message or their mission, but I think Spurgie is adorable.

• Love 13