Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Hopefully Jessa will give birth in a hospital this time.  After what she went through last time I can't imagine that she wouldn't - except the bible says women have to be in pain when in labor as punishment for Eve eating the apple - so Jessa may believe that it's God's will for her to be in pain.   These fundie people are so Old Testament to the point of almost ignoring the New Testament in the bible.  I think that's the reasoning behind the home births - painful and without medical help - just like Adam and Eve. 

• Love 3

Aw, Princess, I feel like we hardly knew ye'.

RIP 

(too cute)

I hope Jessa is able to opt out of a home birth. 

Normally, there'd be a doctor to advise against. I worry for her.

That said, Spawn Seewald?

Seewald, Spawn 

Maybe not.

Not sure why they are doing this home birth thing unless it's for Extra Speshul Martyrdom House Points.  They're not allowed to compete in or play any kind of sports, so I guess they need something to crow about. Between their wedding day and birth experiences, there's just not much for them to get excited about. Other than monetary considerations, I can't imagine WHY anyone who's not a granola / earth mum would put themselves through this. Not throwing shade at the way most women go about home birth with proper prenatal care and a skilled midwife. 

Weren't most, if not all of Michelle's natural  deliveries in the hospital?  I can see women opting for home birth if they have already had a couple of hospital births and know what to expect.  Zsu Anderson and the Keller sisters seem to home birth well, but the Duggettes who tried it ended up in hospital anyway.  I guess the girls felt they had to compete with Anna who was likely brought up to believe in home births. I don't think Michelle has told the girls they have to give birth at home.

i respect the right of a woman to choose the birth experience that is right for her, since most women make an informed choice; however the Duggars and their ilk are far from informed and not used to having choices. Not sure if a VBAC is an option for Muffy, nor should she attempt to do so unless she's at a hospital. Neither she nor Jessa should risk their lives for birth drama publicity or TLC ratings.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

J'Chelle had two homebirths. Wow.. Even she's smart enough to know a hospital is the way to go. 

Or just not going to take the same risks with her own life.  It seemed from what I read that she was there when Jessa gave birth and seemed to be encouraging her to stay at home. 

It's also home-birth is super trendy.  My friends, who are or were nowhere near as fundie as the Duggars (for example they went to college), are talking home births and because I'm their friend it scares me a little. When Michelle was having the first children, it wasn't as trendy.  By the end, she was lucky to be alive and having babies.

I think if it were up to Jessa she would have good prenatal care and a hospital birth. Unfortunately I think she needs her family to finance it. Maybe if we talk about enough, they will get her a good OB-GYN as an FU to the internet.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I don't think Blessa got any prenatal care with Sturgeon.

God for bid that they have to sign up with the "evil " ACA ( Obama Care) to help pay for Blessa to give birth in a hospital.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think if it were up to Jessa she would have good prenatal care and a hospital birth. Unfortunately I think she needs her family to finance it. Maybe if we talk about enough, they will get her a good OB-GYN as an FU to the internet.

Probably true. Perhaps someone should suggest to her that this kind of thing is a major reason why people get educations, job training and jobs, apply for government-established insurance pools even if they were created by icky Democratic presidents, and so on. "So I don't unnecessarily risk my or my baby's life" should be a strong impetus to do these Gothard-unapproved but otherwise normal things for at least some people, I would think. Wonder if Jessa will ever turn out to be one of those people or whether she's just too committed to the Duggars-set-apart-to-be-role-models-for-Jesus philosophy.

• Love 8

I dont think Jessa is really stealing Jinjers thunder by being knocked up. She would if it was her first baby but I think 2nd babies are way less of a big deal to most people (aside from those having the kid). Unless she announces it at the wedding

And she would be a complete moron to consider another home birth after what happened to her the first time. Especially with no prenatal care!!!! 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Mariner Fishingboat Seewald

How about Mariner Schooner Seewald?  I am kinda thinking Flame would make a fabulous middle name.  Santorum Flame Seewald.  I'd go with Cruz but I don't think its weird and how can you go normal after Spurgeon (which reminds me of spooge, no I am not a 12 year old boy)?

• Love 5

I think jessa is pregnant. 

Ben and Jessa couldn't get approved for an adoption.  After all that blathering about adoption, they have to save face now.  Perfect excuse why an adoption didn't work out.  God gave them another blessing!!!  Oopsie! 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

J'Chelle had two homebirths. Wow.. Even she's smart enough to know a hospital is the way to go. 

When Jilly was prego with Iz the rumor was home births were pushed because many hospitals won't allow camera crews/filming in labor & delivery. Gotta make bank with those births after all. Priorities.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, louannems said:

So an unemployed starving student can afford iced coffee in a coffee shop?  But what about that cold-brew video Jessa made?  They can make it perfectly well at home.

I'll bet you five doughnuts that he needs a quiet space that is not in the vicinity of Jessa. He's probably reading his bigotry books jamming out to Christian rap. Very Duggar unapproved activities.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I'll bet you five doughnuts that he needs a quiet space that is not in the vicinity of Jessa. He's probably reading his bigotry books jamming out to Christian rap. Very Duggar unapproved activities.

And  every day at that.

not too frugal either, for people that openly admit they own nothing and daddy's supporting them.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Nah, Bin just looks like a mouth breather. The name choice seems to suit Muffy and Scruffy.

Well, there's precedent for moving off the initial initial-choosing, since J'Caleb. So.....Moody Mouthbreather Seewald for the next boy? It would keep with the theme of retrograde preachers. Then, in an homage to M and to JB and M's naming tradition, they could go forward with all Ms. I like Mad Cow Seewald for the first girl.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

Why does Bin need a quiet place to study (off the compound) if his classes are online?  Is he going to actual classes now?

Probably because we assume that marriage to a Duggar daughter means your wife will be talking in your ear about her concerns every single minute of the day?

Duggars don't have much of a tradition of allowing anybody to be in a separate room or a different part of a room doing work of their own, let alone brain work.

They're the type of sick family where the owners insist that everybody must be right next to each other at all times (and that no individual thinking is permitted). This is a family tradition that's hard to break and it seems kinda likely that Jessa, too, follows it without even realizing there's another way to be. And it's a tradition that makes it really hard to study, whether your classes are at a school or on your home computer. That'd be my reason for thinking Bin may need a place to himself away from home, at least.

• Love 12

Why does Bin need a quiet place to study (off the compound) if his classes are online?  Is he going to actual classes now?

It's probably his only chance for some private time. Remember, the Duggars don't believe in letting people be alone. Ever. Because of accountability, since we know people start sinning the second they don't have someone looking over their shoulder. Thing is, I don't think Bin's parents followed that philosophy, so he might be feeling smothered what with being surrounded by Duggars 24/7. Going to a fundy coffee shop, owned by friends of the Duggars, for Bible study could be the perfect compromise. He can't stray because he's got spies watching him, but he gets some time alone with his thoughts and doesn't have to interact with people.

ETA: Great minds, Churchhoney. ;)

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 14

"Due in February, the exciting pregnancy news comes as a surprise since the couple (who are already parents to 9-month-old son Spurgeon) have dreamed of adopting since even before their November 2014 wedding." 

Every word of that sentence apart from "Due in Feburary" is pure fan fic.

• Love 19

What was that awkward clip with Ben struggling to open the door to his own home? My that poor guy is an idiot, it's just embarrassing to watch. 

As for the pregnancy announcement, I'm surprised Princess Jessa is beating Jilly Bean at the baby game, but besides that, eh another pregnancy from the Duggars is repetitive. Perfect timing for the announcement since tonight is the premier for the new season of Counting On. The good news is that TLC can now stop playing that awful trailer with the annoying music. 

• Love 2

how far apart in age will spurgeon and new spawn be?

Seriously- " This pregnancy was a surprise" Really. REALLY. why cant they just be honest  "We are too ignorant to practice responsibly breeding and need elevently speshul God Warrios so we have unprotected sex all the time to have as many babiezzz as possible" UGHGHGHH

I dont know why I am getting stabby over this, we already knew she was knocked up. but we can see if she has anything between her ears and see if she does hospital birth this time

As far as her beating Jilly in the baby game, Im willing to bet that JillyMuffin is either experiencing damage from her botched home birth and c section or maybe Derrick hasnt been putting out cause zika. LOL

• Love 13