Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I just want them to know that THIS IS NOT NORMAL OR RESPONSIBLE. It's pretty common for more conservative and religious young adults to get married at this age, but one of them usually has a source of stead income - military, one has finished a two year degree that pays well (some types of nursing, plumbing, etc.),

Not if you come from a family whose heads have been completely warped by being on reality tv for years and years. (after the warp job was started by their parents' personally unbalanced/cult-encouraged behavior, of course)     Wonder what it will take to start correcting their multiple delusions. It'll certainly be a massive job. And of course they're not going to start now, even, because -- TLC to the rescue!    Very scary for them, really -- and the worst part is that they have no idea.

Ah, yes! He could have *Bin* a star!

You can tell from his speaking style and self presentation that he'd be an absolute natural at acting. And, of course, his great ability to understand and empathize with the feelings of the many kinds of people an actor plays would also be a huge help. .... Wow, Bin. No wonder this was your ambition. Cripes.

• Love 11

Shit, I'm a 50-something, and I'm still amazed at how much there is still to learn.

60+ and still learning!

The Pope has just left the USA.  Has Ben snarked on his visit at all?  I learned about his anti-Catholicism from this forum, but I don't follow his FB or twitter accounts.

• Love 3

A source told ET that Ben even considered pursuing acting at one point, but now has his sights set on going to seminary school to become a pastor -- a move that might even take the couple away from their family in Arkansas.

Pursuing acting?! I'm sorry. This just reeks of someone who wanted to get their mug on television in any way possible. I am beginning to get that sinking feeling that these two kids aren't going to be married in 8-10 years once the limelight is gone and life has become legitimately difficult for them. Hope I'm wrong, but... I highly doubt we will be seeing a 'Happy 20th Anniversary' VSE from Ben and Jessa down the road. 

Also, unless TLC is going to offer them a show with a hefty payday, there is no way that Ben and Jessa could financially swing a move out of state, secure their own housing, pay seminary tuition, feed themselves, keep a baby in diapers, etc. Nope. Not happening. 

Edited by Guest

That wasn't Bin, that was Derick, as Pistol Pete from OSU.

They're becoming a theater family, clearly.     ... Too bad Marjorie opted out.

Remember the mime. 

I'm liking my idea about the All Duggars All the Time Theater for Branson more all the time.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

Because Ben is that hung up on appearances. He thinks his is handsome and buff, then went after the pretty fundie celebrity. Pretty is as pretty does.

Ben would be an unremarkable-looking frat bro on any college campus, which is probably why he's unwilling to attend college in person. Honestly, the Bates girls scored much hotter husbands with skills and/or jobs. What gives, Jessa?

"I like to shop around for bargains. I try to shop mostly consignment and places like that," Jessa shared.. "I shop at Ross a lot. I love Ross."

Then you should've asked for Ross gift cards, Jessa. You save money by having fans buy you EVERYTHING.

• Love 2

They've all either evolved (devolved ?) into the kind of people who expect cash and prizes for just showing up and, uh...existing, or were raised that way and think it's "normal" to be rewarded for simply hanging out and doing nothing.

Excuse me, evolution is for heathens; Duggars do not evolve. They're created in God's image and so they're already perfect. *eyeroll*

• Love 11

Pursuing acting?! I'm sorry. This just reeks of someone who wanted to get their mug on television in any way possible.

I agree. The more we learn about the Seewalds the more I'm getting a Mama Rose/Baby June vibe from Mike and Bin. I always found it odd that they were driving four hours each way to attend an unofficial church on the Duggar compound when there's probably a dozen churches in their area. Similar to Derick, I think there was a definite agenda, otherwise why allow your barely 17 year-old son to court a 20 year-old woman? That's insane.

• Love 16

At any rate, she sure seems to do a lot of shopping. I haven't bought anything new in quite some time. She doesn't work, so why shop for clothes all the time? And consignment stores are not always inexpensive.

The more clothes you have, the longer it takes you to run out of clothes, the less often you have to do laundry.  

Edited by Lemur
  • Love 7

In fairness, I buy a lot of our clothes online, with a preference for outlets (because I have a fashionable young woman to dress, and apparently that involves having more clothes in your closet than I owned between birth and age 22), and if you want to make that work you have to check back almost constantly because they won't have what you want when you need it.

Guess Smugessa isn't having twins. She and Bin are planning a homebirth. Bet TLC films it.

They had no power before the scandals, but seemed to have a few leghumpers in the production crew.  

They tell Jessa she has no choice, either have the baby in a Chik Fil A or no show.    Jill is her midwife, things start to go wrong and Jill insists Jessa go to the family vet.

She says, after all Jessa, you are a bitch !     

Woof Woof

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 3

If I'm not mistaken Jessa did a Southern Women's show during the summer and many women complained and boycotted the show entirely because they said she doesn't represent them in any way. I think Ben was also autographing pictures of her at the show. Most of the publicity the Southern Women's Show received about her being there was very negative so I'm surprised they're going that route again.

All of Jessa's Southern Women's Show appearances were booked before Joshgate I. Her last one is mid-October, two weeks before her due date. Yes, she was pregnant when they announced the dates; I doubt they planned this way back in January before she was knocked up. I am sure that their plan was to have TLC film one of these to pimp her visibility even more.

• Love 2

I agree. The more we learn about the Seewalds the more I'm getting a Mama Rose/Baby June vibe from Mike and Bin. I always found it odd that they were driving four hours each way to attend an unofficial church on the Duggar compound when there's probably a dozen churches in their area. Similar to Derick, I think there was a definite agenda, otherwise why allow your barely 17 year-old son to court a 20 year-old woman? That's insane.

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that, at least while the show is still filming in some capacity, the daughters are only going to attract (*ahem*) certain types of guys, because the average nice, normal guy with a career to consider would likely say, "thanks, but no thanks," to an offer to appear on reality television as a potential suitor. 

I should clarify, I wasn't referring to actual southern women but a show that calls itself "southern women".

I must admit when I first heard of "Southern women shows" I thought - excuse me?? What in the world is a "Southern women" show? I've lived in the Northeast my entire life and have never once heard of or seen any "Northern women" shows. Or for any other region of the country either. Do southern women really view themselves differently? Or maybe the better question is - WHO sponsors/organizes 'Southern women' shows? 

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 8

I must admit when I first heard of "Southern women shows" I thought - excuse me?? What in the world is a "Southern women" show? I've lived in the Northeast my entire life and have never once heard of or seen any "Northern women" shows. Or for any other region of the country either. Do southern women really view themselves differently? Or maybe the better question is - WHO sponsors/organizes 'Southern women' shows? 

Interesting question ! If anything, I've always thought of Southern women as strong, fierce, Steel Magnolia-types who could accomplish anything but still have their lipstick on straight. These shows featuring Jessa on stage and signing autographs but always with Ben at her helpless-helpmmet side puts a lie to that, unfortunately.  

As for Northern Women shows - I just don't know ! I'd be too busy to attend because I always had a full time job and/or was busy getting my silly ole' Master's Degree while being an old maid until my 30's and pumping out ZERO precious blessings. Guess I just don't have what it takes to qualify as a "woman", regardless of the geography, in the Duggars' eyes. 

I can live with that.

• Love 13

The show actually sounds like it might be fun, but I'm sure most of the ladies in attendance make it a girls outing. My fiance couldn't be dragged to one of those things if you promised an endless supply of wings and football. I know Bin had to be there as part of the un-Dynamic Duo, but he looks kind of lame sitting at Jessa's side and signing her headshots.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6

Interesting question ! If anything, I've always thought of Southern women as strong, fierce, Steel Magnolia-types who could accomplish anything but still have their lipstick on straight.

You just described all my senior female family members & their friends. There's an emphasis on maintaining a "keep it together" facade, even if your world is falling apart (not unlike the British "stiff upper lip."). I didn't inherit this nor have I honed it to perfection, I have zero poker face. I think of characters in Steel Magnolias, Crimes of the Heart, and the Ya Ya Sisterhood books. I've met ladies from all over, and regardless of where they're from, they all have amazing, admirable qualities. I've loved getting to know people on these boards because there's just so much life experience and amazingness going on. All gushing aside, that's why it's so sad that the Duggar girls have been raised in their own warped microcosm of what a woman should be, and I guess if that's what makes them happy and fulfilled, we'll have to settle for that. I know we all want so much more for them, because we see it as potential wasted (and it is) but I don't see any of them going much farther than what they've been raised to be.
  • Love 4

Interesting question ! If anything, I've always thought of Southern women as strong, fierce, Steel Magnolia-types who could accomplish anything but still have their lipstick on straight. These shows featuring Jessa on stage and signing autographs but always with Ben at her helpless-helpmmet side puts a lie to that, unfortunately.  

As for Northern Women shows - I just don't know ! I'd be too busy to attend because I always had a full time job and/or was busy getting my silly ole' Master's Degree while being an old maid until my 30's and pumping out ZERO precious blessings. Guess I just don't have what it takes to qualify as a "woman", regardless of the geography, in the Duggars' eyes. 

I can live with that.

Just to add, I am a northerner who has transplanted to the south.  There are southern women much like the northern woman you just described.  Strong, work hard, with or without kids, advanced degrees, etc.  There are also southern women who are airheads.  And northern women who are airheads.  Ask me how I know (I won't name names, however, wink wink, family members)  There are plenty of women, north and south, who are helpless without their "Misters".  It boggles my mind and that of Mr. lookeyloo.

• Love 6

So Ben earns his living my autographing Smugnessa pictures and carrying her bags?  Well, isn't he a good little helpmeet.

All the Duggar males live in a patriarchy, yet are totally dependent on the woman's careers to support them. They're all dull, impotent, empty men who's wives smile at cameras and breed. So much for that dominion over everyone bullshit.

http://www.etonline.com/news/172845_jessa_duggar_seewald_keeps_a_big_smile_on_her_face_as_she_asked_about_josh_duggar/

"It was very controlled," the eyewitness says. "The people organizing it were obviously very concerned about any questions on the scandal.”

Natch.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/28/jessa-duggar-ben-seewald-the-newlywed-game-awkward-answer/

Fail indeed!

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 13

So Ben earns his living my autographing Smugnessa pictures and carrying her bags?  Well, isn't he a good little helpmeet.

How is he going to be a preacher? He goes onstage at the events SHE is booked for, he sounds like a dunce. Really after she explains how she saved money by using a wedding coordinator and getting ice cream at a discount, Ben adds something along the lines of "so like we saved money and stuff". He might be book smart, and really have an honors diploma, but public speaking is NOT his thing. I don't see this hot guy. Bin isn't masculine, or witty, his face is average.He was afraid to answer a little game quiz without checking Jessa's answers, he is a 'pussy'. She will have to be the one to make decisions and take control of the family. She may seem strong enough, but if she is having a brood she would need a more able partner than Bin. It makes me sad that Jessa went for Bin because of underdeveloped strategies for finding a good partner. FFS, I would be in deep deep trouble if I had married my first crush.

Edit: Wow, just saw the newlywed thing. I was referring to a different quiz in my post. Ben the romantic, dial it back.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 8

I don't know if young Ben would be willing to work his way up.  Would he be a youth minister, part-time as so many pastors start out doing?  Would he take the midnight calls to go to a family with a dying family member?  No cameras would be following him, so how could he look good?  Would he do visits, teach a Sunday School class, etc.  long before he gets a regular gig in a pulpit every week?  My guess is no, since the Duggars are grooming him for greatness and celebrity.

Keep holding Jessa's purse young Ben.  You need her and her $$ more than you realize.

• Love 8

The show actually sounds like it might be fun, but I'm sure most of the ladies in attendance make it a girls outing. My fiance couldn't be dragged to one of those things if you promised an endless supply of wings and football. I know Bin had to be there as part of the un-Dynamic Duo, but he looks kind of lame sitting at Jessa's side and signing her headshots.

Right?! At the very least, he should get some headshots of himself to sign. If he really did want to be an actor, I'm betting that he has some lying around...

ETA: Or, the more logical alternative, why don't they both sign a cute couples shot of them together? C'mon, Jessa, throw the guy a bone! 

Edited by Guest

All the Duggar males live in a patriarchy, yet are totally dependent on the woman's careers to support them. They're all dull, impotent, empty men who's wives smile at cameras and breed. So much for that dominion over everyone

They're all classic beta males. Look how quickly Derick wilted in a corporate environment. Consider all the stupid, senseless competitions we've seen on this show between Boob/Josh, Josh/TFDW, the Duggar boys/Bin. None of them can hack it in the real world which is why they prefer to be lords of their own little fiefdoms.

• Love 16

They're all classic beta males. Look how quickly Derick wilted in a corporate environment. Consider all the stupid, senseless competitions we've seen on this show between Boob/Josh, Josh/TFDW, the Duggar boys/Bin. None of them can hack it in the real world which is why they prefer to be lords of their own little fiefdoms.

I agree. For all of their huffing and puffing, I've always sensed that all Duggar males (Ben included) are highly insecure and overly sensitive to any perceived criticism. 

I know Bin had to be there as part of the un-Dynamic Duo, but he looks kind of lame sitting at Jessa's side and signing her headshots.

Having to sign other people's headshots isn't a good omen for your chances of being a Hollywood icon, Bin.

• Love 10

I'm sorry, but who wants an autograph of Bin and Jessa? They aren't celebrities. I would be so embarrassed to own one of their autographs. Does someone actually go home and frame it and put it on their wall?

"That's Jessa Seewald, from that cancelled reality show on TLC ! Maybe it will be worth something someday! " - said no one ever.

• Love 13

I can live with that.

Y'all gave me an ear worm - had to share.  (Beach Boys)

"Well East coast girls are hip

I really dig those styles they wear

And the Southern girls with the way they talk

They knock me out when I'm down there"

• Love 2

How is Bin going to be an actor? I think Kirk Cameron filled the role of That Christian Guy Who in All the Christian Movies and Won't Kiss or do an Romantic Scene with Anyone But His Wife. Plus Kirk can actually do comedy and is still good looking. 

Won't he have to be around Homasexshuls if he's in any sort of mainstream, even Full House/Brady Bunch type sitcoms - which BTW, all had women working, dating, pants, teeny bit of alcohol and smooching, etc.

BEST OF ALL - I thought these people didn't watch TV or go to plays, because it was purposing time for idolatry and fairytale lies, or whatever. These people are stupid and delusional beyond belief.

• Love 7

How is Bin going to be an actor? I think Kirk Cameron filled the role of That Christian Guy Who in All the Christian Movies and Won't Kiss or do an Romantic Scene with Anyone But His Wife. Plus Kirk can actually do comedy and is still good looking. 

Won't he have to be around Homasexshuls if he's in any sort of mainstream, even Full House/Brady Bunch type sitcoms - which BTW, all had women working, dating, pants, teeny bit of alcohol and smooching, etc.

BEST OF ALL - I thought these people didn't watch TV or go to plays, because it was purposing time for idolatry and fairytale lies, or whatever. These people are stupid and delusional beyond belief.

These are all really good points that I hadn't even thought of because I was still laughing so hard at the idea of Bin being an actor at all. He can barely string two sentences together on camera -- has he watched the show? Has he seen himself?

I don't know if young Ben would be willing to work his way up.  Would he be a youth minister, part-time as so many pastors start out doing?  Would he take the midnight calls to go to a family with a dying family member?  No cameras would be following him, so how could he look good?  Would he do visits, teach a Sunday School class, etc.  long before he gets a regular gig in a pulpit every week?  My guess is no, since the Duggars are grooming him for greatness and celebrity.

This is another really good point, and I doubt Bin has considered any of this at all. My bet would be that his idea of "ministry" involves having a television show and yelling at people about how sinful they are. I doubt the idea of real pastoral work ever entered his head: dealing with the day to day tasks of births, marriages and deaths. Counseling individuals and families. Helping the poor and the suffering in the community. Nope. None of that sounds like Bin to me.

• Love 4

Ah, yes! He could have *Bin* a star! He would have played a leading role as the hand-love interest in the Gothard-approved vehicle Never Bin Kissed, which would have exhorted the virtues of courtship and waiting until marriage for that first kiss. No doubt audiences would be flocking to the cinema in droves!

As hilarious as that sounds, Ben probably COULD make a go of acting - but strictly Christian fare. He would probably gain himself a nice core audience, since he already has a following. I've seen some of Kirk's films and it doesn't seem like, um, good acting is necessarily a prerequisite. And hell, he doesn't even have to kiss other women. Bring in his actual wife to double for the actress like Kirk Cameron does. Make good money. Get famewhore Jessa even more of a following. Slowly step out of the Duggar shadow.

• Love 2

I'm a little surprised Jessa is going the home birth route. So I wonder: Is Jessa doing a home birth because she feels it's truly the best option or is this just a big F.U. to Jill? Because when it's reported in People that Jessa delivered smoothly at home it will always be placed in context to Jill's clusterfuck. You can't tell me Jill won't be pissed when this happens.

• Love 4

I'm a little surprised Jessa is going the home birth route. So I wonder: Is Jessa doing a home birth because she feels it's truly the best option or is this just a big F.U. to Jill? Because when it's reported in People that Jessa delivered smoothly at home it will always be placed in context to Jill's clusterfuck. You can't tell me Jill won't be pissed when this happens.

Karmic payback for Jill pulling the rug out from under Jessa by being the first to get married and give birth.

• Love 5

I'm sorry, but who wants an autograph of Bin and Jessa? They aren't celebrities. I would be so embarrassed to own one of their autographs. Does someone actually go home and frame it and put it on their wall?

"That's Jessa Seewald, from that cancelled reality show on TLC ! Maybe it will be worth something someday! " - said no one ever.

I just wanted to see what a Duggar photo was worth and none are listed on ebay. You'd think with all the signing and printed photos there'd be a couple for sale.

See, I kinda expect that a fair number of people who are wildly infatuated with the Duggars and Jessa have said exactly this. And a lot more have said -- Squeeeeee! I have an autograph of Jessaaaaaa! I'm going to keep it under my pillow! I wish I were just like her!

The delusions of fandom are hard to overestimate, I think.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

I really think that she has no other option, and I don't think it would occur to her that she does. It is my understanding that home-birth is part of the Gothard playbook and going to a hospital is only an option in extreme duress (and only an option if you have a reality tv show and can pay).

I have seen multiple posts on the board speculating about Benessa being on their parent's insurance, but I don't think that they have insurance -- any of them.  I could be wrong, but it seems really out of character for them to spend money on something like insurance. I imagine the JB has the minimum required insurance on his vehicles, but I would be really surprised if the house were insured or if they had life insurance. JB mentioned in one of the specials that when the kids are sick, they just take one to the doctor and then give the medicine to everyone. I don't know if it's part of Gothardism or something that JB made up to conflate his basic cheapness with religion, but you don't need insurance when you are under the umbrella of Jesus -- or whatever BS he uses to defend this.

• Love 5