Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

^ "25 weeks 4 days" -- was it here we were discussing Why not just do it on the actual "milestone" (25 weeks or 26 weeks, why inbetween) ?

Or is she only doing it in certain locations and that's why she can't hit the actual mark?

• Love 3

^ "25 weeks 4 days" -- was it here we were discussing Why not just do it on the actual "milestone" (25 weeks or 26 weeks, why inbetween) ?

Or is she only doing it in certain locations and that's why she can't hit the actual mark?

it's not about the milestone, it's about good hair days.
  • Love 15

Ben isn't remotely qualified for Josh's job. I know people think it's a made up job, or that Josh didn't have skills, but Josh was actually a good match. He knew and had taken the time and opportunity to know people from all these religious subcultures. He'd had actual political experience from working with JB in the AR state senate, and he had people like Mike Huckabee backing and supporting him personally. There were people who were aware of Josh Duggar (and, I think, felt sorry for him on account of his parents) who helped him out and opened doors to get him experience.

Ben has none of that. His dad got him on TV and into Jessa's bed.

• Love 4

I just went and deleted a whole bunch of posts that were not only off topic, they were attacking other posters. The overarching guideline for this site is Don't Be A Dick. And there were some real dickish posts of posters sniping at each other. 

Also, even though Ben and Jessa and the whole Duggar clan may be bring up abortion (and other politically charged topics), this is not the site to engage in a discussion of abortion because it usually ends up with personal attacks and vitriol. There are plenty of forums out in the Wide Wide World of Web (thanks My Name Is Earl) for you to bicker and attack people about that subject. But here is not one of them. I think we can all tell the difference of when it goes from talking about Ben to talking about abortion. 

Thank you.

• Love 11

I know in my heart, both intellectually and from experience, that Ben's hand signal is ASL for "I love you", but in my fetid, evil, heathen brain, upon first glance, all I could see was "The Shocker"...

The Bus to Hell leaves at nine AM sharp. I'm driving...  :) 

• Love 9

Although I believe the good hair day comment; as a pregnant woman- because it is hard to remember.

So far I've managed to take a photo on 5 weeks 3 days, and 12 weeks 5 day. My mother is really annoyed that I'm not doing it weekly.

• Love 1

Although I believe the good hair day comment; as a pregnant woman- because it is hard to remember.

So far I've managed to take a photo on 5 weeks 3 days, and 12 weeks 5 day. My mother is really annoyed that I'm not doing it weekly.

Oh I'm a mom too so I get it, but I think I'm too OCD to ever have marked milestones that way! =D

To Jessa: Stop with the arched back and the pouty face already, you look ridiculous.

• Love 5

Oh I'm a mom too so I get it, but I think I'm too OCD to ever have marked milestones that way! =D

To Jessa: Stop with the arched back and the pouty face already, you look ridiculous.

Yeah, knocked up sex kitten is a weird look for a Duggar girl.

• Love 16

Ben isn't remotely qualified for Josh's job. I know people think it's a made up job, or that Josh didn't have skills, but Josh was actually a good match. He knew and had taken the time and opportunity to know people from all these religious subcultures. He'd had actual political experience from working with JB in the AR state senate, and he had people like Mike Huckabee backing and supporting him personally. There were people who were aware of Josh Duggar (and, I think, felt sorry for him on account of his parents) who helped him out and opened doors to get him experience.

Ben has none of that. His dad got him on TV and into Jessa's bed.

I must disagree, respectfully. While Josh was a good match for that terrible organization because his skeletons fit well next to the politicians'/lobbyists' skeletons in the closet of abuse secrets, Ben has some education and is a better public speaker. I could see Ben doing quite well in a position similar to Josh's.
  • Love 2

Surprised that Jessa didn't do a "My baby would be the size Josie was if born now. Thank God for miracles" post. Ugh.

A baby the size of a 5-year-old would be impressive. ;)

(And yes, I'd watch that spinoff.)

• Love 4
Ben has some education and is a better public speaker. I could see Ben doing quite well in a position similar to Josh's.

Ben Seewald? I always think of him as struggling to string words together to form a coherent sentence.  It would be great if FRC hired Ben to be a speaker for them.  Maybe it would prevent people from supporting the group. 

• Love 2

Hmmm, I don't think of Ben as a very good public speaker, but he is only 20 and hasn't been on television for very long. But he's far from ready to be in DC. Josh, at least, fit into the community into which he was hired.

Are there perhaps not full length mirrors in Jessa's house?

• Love 1

I had to LOL at bens super serious and deep FB post

I just copied and pasted-

Christians, ask yourself, "When is the last time I shared the gospel with a lost person?"
Romans 1:16
It's a lifestyle not a hobby.

I think pictued the last statement as a "BOOM" drop the mic moment. God they are so self righteous. 

• Love 4

I must disagree, respectfully. While Josh was a good match for that terrible organization because his skeletons fit well next to the politicians'/lobbyists' skeletons in the closet of abuse secrets, Ben has some education and is a better public speaker. I could see Ben doing quite well in a position similar to Josh's.

The kid just turned 20 and he sounds like he's got marbles in his mouth when he speaks, not to mention marbles for brains. Josh, IMO, was much better at public speaking and networking. I gotta agree with GEML on this.

I will say that Ben excels at being a Know-It-All and pious little pri**.

• Love 7

Hmmm, I don't think of Ben as a very good public speaker, but he is only 20 and hasn't been on television for very long. But he's far from ready to be in DC. Josh, at least, fit into the community into which he was hired.

Are there perhaps not full length mirrors in Jessa's house?

Josh apparently shadowed his dad when JimBob was a state politician. And here he is front and centre for daddy's Senate run.

ny7es6.jpg

I can't imagine why they lost.

• Love 5

I could see Ben as a Mars Hill- or Ted Haggard-style cult of personality preacher (although I doubt he could handle the finances). I can't see him in a job where he had to be polite to political allies he disapproves of, or present things in a way that lets moderates assume his positions are less extreme than they are. I think he'd be a disaster as a dog whistle politician.

Josh, OTOH, was raised directly in the center of a large-scale exercise in dog whistle messaging. I don't think he could do the job if he wasn't being fed his lines, but as long as he was, I imagine he'd be pretty good at it.

• Love 2

I can't stand these people.  With every selfie Jessa takes you can just tell how in love with herself she is. She has to do it in public restrooms so Ben can't get in the pic.  The ridiculous shirt - I survived makes me sick, sick, sick - so typical Duggar like to rub it in - I survived and you didn't.  Ben is a little boy with a huge ego who's a know nothing know it all.  I actually like Jim Bob better than Ben and that's saying a lot because I detest Jim Bob. Jessa & Ben - two people who are in love with themselves.

• Love 19

I had to LOL at bens super serious and deep FB post

I just copied and pasted-

Christians, ask yourself, "When is the last time I shared the gospel with a lost person?"

Romans 1:16

It's a lifestyle not a hobby.

I think pictued the last statement as a "BOOM" drop the mic moment. God they are so self righteous. 

Yes Ben please share your family's absurd and disgusting ideas about how if there was no threat of getting caught all of humanity would be running around committing immoral acts.  You and your family are lost Ben.

• Love 6

I think Ben has potential. But I think he will be better as an aid for a few years. Josh is what we call a "press the flesh" or "work the room" type of politico. Ben is the type that makes sure the Josh type knows the name of everyone in that room, what they do, and what his/her favorite sports team is. They are both really important. Neither can do the job without the other. But Josh is clearly (to me) an extrovert, while Ben seems to be more introverted (and potentially thoughtful.)

• Love 2

I can't stand these people. With every selfie Jessa takes you can just tell how in love with herself she is. She has to do it in public restrooms so Ben can't get in the pic. The ridiculous shirt - I survived makes me sick, sick, sick - so typical Duggar like to rub it in - I survived and you didn't. Ben is a little boy with a huge ego who's a know nothing know it all. I actually like Jim Bob better than Ben and that's saying a lot because I detest Jim Bob. Jessa & Ben - two people who are in love with themselves.

Imo Jim Bob is worse than ben will ever be. The only thing ben is guilty of so far is being arrogant.

• Love 1

Jessa borrowed that crappy recipe from the Pioneer Woman, who borrowed that crappy recipe from someone else.

I was going to say, every recipe in Ree's file was ripped off from some church or ladies auxiliary cookbook.

I wonder if Jessa just posed with her apron and commanded Jana to do the actual baking.

• Love 12

Imo Jim Bob is worse than ben will ever be. The only thing ben is guilty of so far is being arrogant.

OK fine, JB is worse than Ben - for now!  Just wait - in 31 years and 20 something kids later we'll see who's worse, we'll see.  31 years ago Michelle was popping birth control pills and JB was almost normal.

• Love 10

And what a wretched apron it is! But hey, that's Ben's fetish, so...

Well Jill has one, so Jessa needed one too. Jessa's kitchen was upgraded to what Jill has, too. The cabinets, granite and fridge are almost identical.
  • Love 1

OK fine, JB is worse than Ben - for now! Just wait - in 31 years and 20 something kids later we'll see who's worse, we'll see. 31 years ago Michelle was popping birth control pills and JB was almost normal.

I hope Ben wouldn't try to cover up the molestation of 4 of his daughters in order to save a political career and his TV show. I really, really hope that. Let's just agree to disagree here.

• Love 1

I think Ben has potential. But I think he will be better as an aid for a few years. Josh is what we call a "press the flesh" or "work the room" type of politico. Ben is the type that makes sure the Josh type knows the name of everyone in that room, what they do, and what his/her favorite sports team is. They are both really important. Neither can do the job without the other. But Josh is clearly (to me) an extrovert, while Ben seems to be more introverted (and potentially thoughtful.)

Well, unfortunately that's true in more ways than one.

• Love 13

I hope Ben wouldn't try to cover up the molestation of 4 of his daughters in order to save a political career and his TV show. I really, really hope that. Let's just agree to disagree here.

Yes I agree and it's all in good fun comparing who is worse.  I really liked your posts and meant no attitude beyond some humor.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yes I agree and it's all in good fun comparing who is worse. 

Maybe we could compare whose picture or voice is more likely to induce projectile vomiting. That way we can just register our responses and not have to discuss them, because they're visceral and instinctual and the heart has reasons that reason will never know. For me, it's Jim Bob. By a projectile mile.

I really dislike disliking someone to the point that I can't see anything connected with them in a positive or even a neutral light. But Jim Bob falls into that category.  I'm generally big on giving people the benefit of the doubt. But while I actually try to do this with JB, I'm apparently physically incapable of it. I do hope he's better than I perceive him to be. (And that young -- and hopefully still capable-of-growth -- Ben never moves any further in the Jim Bob direction)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

So glad Jessa reminds us she's pregnant every five seconds. I almost forgot. I don't know whether to roll my eyes, vomit, be angry, or just plain feel sorry for her.

She's trying her best to grasp what should be the last straws at Duggar famedon. Sad thing is, these people STILL have so many blind worshippers, that she's always going to have a paying audience. I've seen far to many preacher's daughters JUST LIKE HER, who thrive in that little attention bubble, but could never function on their own outside their church. Bottom line is, none of them ever have to. There's always someone praising their every move and handing a love offering of some sort.

• Love 15