Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

But just think of the potential!!! Today it's a riveting game of checkers, then they move on to backgammon and chess. From there it's only a stone's throw away from Twister.

Twister? These are people who sleep fully clothed, side hug and require chaperones for 25-year-old women. There's no Twister. It's worse than that town in Footloose up in the TTH.
  • Love 1

And Fundie games? The only winning move is not to play

Which makes me wonder if Jessa is concentrating so hard because she's trying to figure out how to let Ben win without him realizing she threw the game.

• Love 8
(edited)

Twister? These are people who sleep fully clothed, side hug and require chaperones for 25-year-old women. There's no Twister. It's worse than that town in Footloose up in the TTH.

Yes, but playing chess - a game that requires the use of *gasp* brains - is practically the same as the risque nature of Twister. At least for these people, it is.  

Edited by bluebonnet
  • Love 2
(edited)

Aren't they just posed like that because they knew someone was taking a picture? Jessa has that fake pout thing that a lot of girls my age do when they try to be "quirky" and "funny".

At least we know that checkers is got-hard approved.

Eta: nevermind, she looks pretty focused. But why are they huddled together staring at the same piece?

.. don't answer, i got it.

Edited by dillpickles
  • Love 1

From the posts on Jessa's latest Instagram:

"@jessaseewald just wanna say my family and I love the show!! My kids keep begging me to have more kids so we can be like the Duggars. My 8 year old daughter asks me to buy her clothes that looks like the Duggar girls, makes me so happy to hear that!!! Thank you for being such a great example."

Sorry, I couldn't help it, it's just so stinking HILARIOUS to me that someone posts this kind of thing. I'm becoming more and more convinced the whole family is taking turns at the keyboard typing comments like this. They have some sort of speed dial text that says "JESSA ON INSTAGRAM, GET READY TO POST!"

• Love 9
(edited)

With 20 kids and all that land you'd think a garden would be pretty easy for them. 

I've thought the same.  They could have a huuuuuge vegetable garden and tons of fruit trees. They certainly have enough hands to pick the vegetables and cut them up.  Such a contrast to Kate Gosselin who never lets a day go by without feeding her kids veggies and fruits at each meal.  She'd never in a million years give them tater tot casserole.  (I can't believe I just said something nice about Kate Gosselin.)

I gave up trying to figure out the checkers game.  It's like they're both playing the same side of the board.  Or maybe they're spinning the board for each turn.  Yeah, that's it.   zzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 5
That look of intense concentration on their face makes it seem like they've only recently graduated from Connect Four.

OMG don't you dare come for Connect Four. That game was the shit. 

Candyland on the other hand blows. 

• Love 7

"@jessaseewald just wanna say my family and I love the show!! My kids keep begging me to have more kids so we can be like the Duggars. My 8 year old daughter asks me to buy her clothes that looks like the Duggar girls, makes me so happy to hear that!!! Thank you for being such a great example."

Sorry, I couldn't help it, it's just so stinking HILARIOUS to me that someone posts this kind of thing. I'm becoming more and more convinced the whole family is taking turns at the keyboard typing comments like this. They have some sort of speed dial text that says "JESSA ON INSTAGRAM, GET READY TO POST!"

Wtf? Lady tell your kids the Duggars are toxic

• Love 4

Assuming you play properly, Candyland is mostly a game of chance. That means Jim Bob can't be sure of beating a five year old. It can also take an hour, depending on how the cards line up. Michelle doesn't have time for THAT!

Thus, no Candyland in the Duggar house....

• Love 8

I've thought the same.  They could have a huuuuuge vegetable garden and tons of fruit trees. They certainly have enough hands to pick the vegetables and cut them up.  Such a contrast to Kate Gosselin who never lets a day go by without feeding her kids veggies and fruits at each meal.  She'd never in a million years give them tater tot casserole.  (I can't believe I just said something nice about Kate Gosselin.)

I gave up trying to figure out the checkers game.  It's like they're both playing the same side of the board.  Or maybe they're spinning the board for each turn.  Yeah, that's it.   zzzzzzzzzz

you mean Kate's private chef  wouldn't feed them tater tot casserole! LOL!

I have more veggies and flowers planted outside and I have no where near the 20 acres or so they have. That's always bugged me that they let the land go to waste and of course they could use the fresh fruits and veggies in that horrible diet of theirs. But, they only practice what they are shown. If the parents don't do it, neither will the kids.

• Love 2

I have more veggies and flowers planted outside and I have no where near the 20 acres or so they have. That's always bugged me that they let the land go to waste and of course they could use the fresh fruits and veggies in that horrible diet of theirs. But, they only practice what they are shown. If the parents don't do it, neither will the kids.

I think it's kind of appalling that their family has the money to eat healthy food and doesn't, and I agree that a truck garden would be a great resource for a family that was actually frugal and concerned about their children, but I think the kids dodged a bullet not eating fruits and vegetables grown in sight of a municipal landfill dump.

• Love 4

Oh man that was entertaining. And what a painstakingly-positioned hat by the confounding game-puzzle. And the comments!

trishleininger: They are counting how many other little girls josh molested. It takes a lot of concentration apparently. Red checker is for kids under 10.

All right, which one of you is on Jessa's Instagram? Also: Bravo! It's still there!

• Love 4

Yes, but playing chess - a game that requires the use of *gasp* brains - is practically the same as the risque nature of Twister. At least for these people, it is.  

One of the boys got a chess set for his birthday in one of the episodes. So chess is in the Duggar house. (Or wanted one? Maybe I'm wrong about him getting it.)

It's really only a game of brains if you play against an intelligent person. For some people it is just a game of luck.

One of the boys got a chess set for his birthday in one of the episodes. So chess is in the Duggar house. (Or wanted one? Maybe I'm wrong about him getting it.)

It's really only a game of brains if you play against an intelligent person. For some people it is just a game of luck.

One of the twins. The darker haired one.

He was trying to "teach" Me-chelle. This was one of the FU Internet episodes, where she spent "quality time" with each kid.

• Love 5

One of the twins. The darker haired one.

He was trying to "teach" Me-chelle. This was one of the FU Internet episodes, where she spent "quality time" with each kid.

I think it was said Grandpa Duggar taught whatever twin how to play & he seemed happy to have this special bond with him.

• Love 1

Of course they're not playing Chess. That Queen chess piece could defraud Ben.

I'm catching up on reading this thread and this actually made me laugh out loud. Well done, lol.

They can't figure out why they keep losing the Queens from all their sets, either. They probably never figured out their big brother was walking around with them in his pockets!

... or maybe he was just happy to see them.

Right, showing myself out now. See ya in the Prayer Closet.

• Love 11
(edited)

"Your so cute together"

Disregarding the typo, going for the other obvious. What is CUTE about that? Staring at a checkers game is cute? We all think it's a boring pic, and in fact, THEY look bored.

My fave. "Goodness that looks so nice and relaxing...jealous for sure."

Ooooooooooooooooh, ME TOO!!!!!

Bwaaaaahahhhaaaa!!!!! Jealous of what? Most couples in their early 20s are out with friends, going to concerts, traveling, working, volunteering and going to school. Bin and Jessa's life is so lame in comparison. Hanging out at the TTH, playing Checkers and posting anti-abortion memes. Yay. Sign me up.

I will admit, my fiance and I love board games but we certainly don't consider our Scrabble nights the most scintillating part of our relationship, lol.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11

Weren't they talking about buying a farm at one point? I take it nothing came of that?

Right. Boob found out how much true work was really involved - and dropped the idea like a hot tater tot...

• Love 4

Bwaaaaahahhhaaaa!!!!! Jealous of what? Most couples in their early 20s are out with friends, going to concerts, traveling, working, volunteering and going to school. Bin and Jessa's life is so lame in comparison. Hanging out at the TTH, playing Checkers and posting anti-abortion memes. Yay. Sign me up.

I will admit, my fiance and I love board games but we certainly don't consider our Scrabble nights the most scintillating part of our relationship, lol.

Have you considered Strip Scrabble....

• Love 3
(edited)

I still think people who think of "Elders in the church" in the traditional Baptist sense aren't fully aware of how Gothard power structures work. Im not convinced that someone like Gil Bates was not consulted. And through official channels, not the grapevine. But that's me.

I know I disagreed with you on this once before, and I'm really not trying to pick on you, but I have done a TON of Gothard research. I'm sure you have too, but while the Duggars and Bateses were happy to meet once a year at the ATI conference in Big Sandy (a friendship which I suspect TLC played up because of the same number of kids angle), I don't think it goes any further than that.

Yes, the Gothard world is an extensive network where many people know each other. But everything I've read points to the same thing: Bill is in charge, and then you have everybody else. Gil Bates actually pastors a church, as was seen recently on the Rodrigues blog and other places. He is entrenched in that church, not Jim Bob's hundreds of miles away. Gothardism is nuts but they don't have elders or any kind of discipline system in place, as far as we have ever heard. They are all "like-minded" people who know each other and "encourage" one another, but for distance reasons -- just think about how far from Chicago Pa Keller and Gil Bates are -- I don't believe any of them had anything to do with the Josh incidents. 

Edited by becca3891
  • Love 5

Yes, we both have our research and likely our own private sources. I know there has always been a pyramid structure of authority at Gothard for men serving under him. JimBob is not the same as Gothard's brother, for instance. It does not go, church leader directly to Gothard, or at least it hasn't since the 1970's.

Wtf? Lady tell your kids the Duggars are toxic

Well, I just hope the lady feels the same way when her 20-year-old daughter has followed her role model into a quick pregnancy after marriage to an unemployed teenager.

• Love 8

Jessa just posted this on her FB. She, Ben, Jill, Derick & Iz are on their way to ALIVE. They all look good here-Iz is adorable. I wonder if Derick had grown his beard out because he may have not been able to shave due to the surgery? I'd imagine it may be painful to shave. That's why he looks unkempt in the reading picture.

https://www.facebook.com/JessaSeewald/photos/a.553510498109477.1073741827.553497828110744/701384126655446/?type=1&theater

• Love 2

Good for them, getting back on the road! I see Jill found a different papoose, it's probably more comfortable with him getting bigger by the minute, and she can kiss the top of his head. DD &J are both dressed green - not a trend I hope.....

• Love 1

That little Iz is a cutie pie! He's so adorable and happy. Looks like his parents are donning the matching Duggar Green [eyeroll].

Jessa and Ben are just happy to be there and hoping they can steer this disaster in the direction of a spin -off and taking every speaking engagement gig $$$.

Anyone know how much these gigs pay? If I had to guess, I'd say an event like this pays each couple 6-8k plus travel expenses, lodging and meals.

You think it's that high? I'd think it was a little lower-2-3k plus travel expenses. I'm just guessing but 8k seems like a lot. 

• Love 4

Anyone know how much these gigs pay? If I had to guess, I'd say an event like this pays each couple 6-8k plus travel expenses, lodging and meals.

This one was booked long before the scandal broke, so they might have earned those numbers. It'll be interesting seeing how well the play now, even to a friendly audience. I doubt they'll be a ton of new bookings in the future.

• Love 2

From the blurb on the event website, it seems they're just going to appear for a Q&A session (sounds like an autograph/photo opp thing) in the afternoon and then make an "appearance" on the stage in the evening. Unlike other speakers featured on the site, it looks like they are not going to be making any substantive speeches or conducting workshops, which is generally where speakers would earn the significant fees. The Duggars 2nd gen. are just celebrity frosting on the cake, as far as I can tell. I suppose if Alive is a big event it can afford to pay their transportation and hotel costs, and some kind of fee. Just not sure how big they'd go for people who don't sing or conduct any kind of substantive workshop or session.

You're right, I hadn't heard of the event before and I just finished looking at their lineup of speakers and recording artists. It's a pretty impressive lineup with a few exceptions [cough]. I used to work with a group that provided law enforcement for large events and I attended regular monthly meetings with event coordinators and other logistical staff. Anyway, they often booked events with Christian speakers, authors, and recording artists and I was profoundly shocked to discover how much they paid them. Since the Seewald-Dillards are only doing a fluff session with question/answers then my guess is their fee is much less.

• Love 2

Jessa, Jill and Ben look good.  Derick? He looks a bit messy and maybe a bad picture but he has dark circles under his eyes. 

I think Derick's always had dark eye circles, but they do look a little more prominent here. First look at the new choppers too. I'm also surprised he didn't have this kind of dental work done until now.

• Love 1

I keep saying that Duggars are second tier speakers, even on this circuit. People enjoy meeting them, and I think they do a lot more Q&A and book signing type events than actual public speaking. The public speaking are usually pretty well paid, as there is advance preparation required. But for what the Duggars do, I'm guessing it's a more nominal fee plus travel (and travel does add up.)

• Love 1