Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: The Oxbow

20 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Ummm, I'm sorry but who is Caleb?  I swear I've watched every episode; apparently Caleb didn't make much of an impression on me.

2 minutes ago, preeya said:

Me too. I searched the cast list at IMDB and there is no Caleb.  So who is Caleb?

I think another show of the same name from years ago is getting confused with this one.

Edited by Enigma X

A few episodes ago when Mommy Dearest went to visit Grandmommy Dearest, the name Caleb was mentioned.  I forget what was specifically said about him but the speculation since is that he might turn out to be Garrett's birth father (I do remember that however old Garrett is is the same number of years since Mommy Dearest last saw Caleb) and involved in the murders somehow.

• Love 2

Yeah, Caleb was just an off-hand remark.  Maddie's mom remarked that Mitch was still calling the shots from the grave and that Maddie never let Caleb do that.   As if he was a first husband, I thought.  I think people are only guessing he might be Garrett's father because Garrett is 38 and the Hawthorne's marriage was 38.  

The thought of mixing in a character from a 20-year-old show is funny.   

22 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Mitchell and Tom off buying lighter fluid?  Hmm.... the killings stopped by then, but I wonder if that was sign about them two having a relationship and going off by themselves together before.  Maybe it really is Tom.  Or maybe it was just simply a case of the actors not being available.

I think it was that it wasn't crucial to the scene that they be there so why waste money and the actor's time by making them show up to taping of an episode they're otherwise not in.  I imagine they're contracted to do "x of 13" episodes.  

Edited by Guest
On 2016-08-18 at 7:57 AM, Happytobehere said:

I liked this episode because it gave us a sense of how Garrett got to be who he is now.  I still don't think he is an accomplice even with the covered in dirt and blood scene.  

Agreed; Garrett's become more interesting to me since the show's stopped making his every move imply "Hi, I'm an escalating fetishist, and you're lunch!"

I think his relationship with Tessa is the most interesting on the show; it certainly comes the closest to resembling an actual human interaction. Tessa's marriage to Brody is worse than Alison's and Tom's, and I find I don't care at all about Amazing Ali's marriage to Tom (although I think Tom is pretty cold his own self) or whiny Sophie and Cam's relationship to her, to heroin, or to the dead muskrat he's wearing on his head. I did like the telephone call between Garrett and his little muskrat-haired brother.

The show hasn't made me care enough about Jack for me to find his occasional fits of non-murderousness endearing.

On 2016-08-18 at 7:57 AM, Happytobehere said:

Madeline remains the key in this whole tale and we won't know the majority of the truth until she tells it.

Ain't that the truth?

On 8/18/2016 at 4:31 PM, preeya said:

I had the same problem with this scene. If anyone has an explanation, please jump in.

I think the loud thud was MC Gainey's character's heel kicking the floor, in his final death struggle.  Garrett kind of bucked a little at the same time.  The screen door was kind of flapping open and shut too but the thud I think was meant to show Garrett had to kill the mentor dude while he struggled against it.  

Not a very smart man to go to die out there but not bring a handgun or an excess of pain pills to OD on, for when the going got rough.  

No!  Seriously???

I'm kidding.  We posted that fact back with episode 1, and posted about it in each thread since.  

Speaking of which, if the paintings hold clues, and CBS has also said there are a lot of clues strewn about, then looking ahead at the rest of the ep titles makes me suspect

Yeah, I was wondering if it was going to play into the culprit/finale because of it.  That and she's becoming the more likely suspect with each passing red herring.