Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Week 3, Night 2

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I forgot until I read Stephanie's recap that Ashley told Jared she was going to leave, and instead of saying gently but firmly, "I think that's for the best," he told her he didn't want her to go. What is he thinking? I'm thinking there's a self-centered little drama queen inside Jared that loves being the center of the obsessive worship Ashley pours all over him. I don't see the nice guy who can't bear to hurt her anywhere in this picture - who in their right mind thinks she's not getting hurt by him?

See also: how he needed Emily (or Haley?) to manage his feelings and forgive him for accepting a date with Caila. He's so desperate to see himself as a nice guy that he won't admit having done anything even the tiniest bit hurtful, which means he will never apologize. He'll just sit there with a hang-dog look until you finally apologize to him for being hurt by him. Newsflash: We're all going to be the bad guy in a fight or a break-up at some point. Own it, say you're sorry, and grow up. 

• Love 15
15 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Curious why they told Ashley that Daniel is the only single guy. He's more paired up with Sarah than either Evan or Nick are with anyone. Granted, Daniel would be the better match for her, but I wonder why they weren't even mentioned as options.

Maybe Jen was already there, and the episode was spliced together out of order. At 17:37, Nick is sitting with a tall brunette in the dark. It's definitely not Caila, no highlights like Lace, and I've never seen him talk to Izzy.

As for Evan, he's chasing Carly hard, to the point of using his medical condition for sympathy kisses and dates. I don't think a virginal 28-year-old who likes Jared would even consider him.

• Love 4

Daniel is killing it. I died laughing when he wondered if Ashley would want Canadian sex. Actually my favorite date ever on this franchise, and it was because of- shock!- the conversational value. I also loved his bi Fridays and that Nick was his top choice for age and "experience" (for the record, Daniel, Nick would be my choice too). It's totally my sense of humor and he cracks me up. I especially like that he seems to be genuinely interested in other people when he speaks to them and asks direct and honest questions.

Unpopular opinion I can see, but I also like Ashley. She may be delusional and immature, but she's not stupid. She has a decent vocabulary and expresses herself much better than most contestants on this franchise (albeit through a storm of tears, but nobody's perfect). I think she has a sense of humor, can be fun, and is interesting, we just don't get to see much of it because she's an emotional wreck over boring Jared. 

People I do not like: Evan. Josh. So super grossed out by them both. To a lesser extent, Jared.

I was really happy to see Jen show up and pair with Nick. I always thought she was really gorgeous on Ben's season! Obviously the cameraman noticed as well because I don't think I've ever seen them show such a blatant lingering shot of someone's cleavage before.

• Love 15

I would respect Nick's convo with AshleyI more if he wasn't a 35 yr old aspiring model covorting with 25 yr olds on his third go-around on the show. I wouldnt listen to what he had to say either.

AshleyI looked the best she ever looked on her date with Daniel when she didnt give a F and just put her hair in a ponytail and had fun conversations. Then she spackled on the white powder and red lips at the RC and channeled Joan Crawford. Not young, luminous 1932 Joan Crawford but the 1960s caricature No More Wire Hangers one where the brows and wide lips have overtaken the face.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, jade.black said:

I especially like that he seems to be genuinely interested in other people when he speaks to them and asks direct and honest questions.

This! It is sadly such a rare thing on this show (and, sadly in this day of everyone staring at their phones even while talking to others, IRL). I think Daniel is probably highly intelligent and easily bored hence his bizarre sense of humor. He is amusing himself.

Ashley might be book smart but girl is life stupid. So is Jared though. They are both too stupid to realize that they cannot remain "just friends". Other people can, but Ashley cannot and will never be just friends with Jared. She will ALWAYS think there is a chance. Jared must realize this, though. I mean, she's not subtle about it at all. So, is he stringing her along to be nice? No. It would be nicer to cut her loose and let her move on. So he's probably doing it because this way, if things don't work out with Caila (or whoever else he is with) he knows he has Ashley to come cry to, to make him feel better and desirable.

What I don't get is why Ashley is that obsessed with him. He's not that hot, or funny, or interesting, or interested. There are a lot of "nice" guys out there Ashley, get one before you go from a tight, hot Kim Kardashian to haggared, botoxed Kris Jenner. No one wants a Kris Jenner! lol And if you really want to find out what Jared really feels, show him you are not going to be at his beck and call forever.

I don't hate Ashley. I pity her. She showed with Daniel that she has a sense of humor, has some intelligence, and I love that she can laugh at herself, that's a great quality. She is pretty (though too much makeup and caterpillar eyes). If she weren't so obsessive and desperate she'd be quite a catch. Get over lip, lifeless Jared and find someone new.

• Love 9

Since I'm new to this franchise can someone give me the readers digest version of the back story of Jared and Ashley? When were they together before, and what was the result?

They went on a date last season, he's always said he wasn't interested in her but just wants to be friends and she gets jealous if he looks at another girl.  I'm not sure why he claims he wants to be friends.  She's crazy but I think he's sending her mixed signals.

21 minutes ago, dleighg said:

Since I'm new to this franchise can someone give me the readers digest version of the back story of Jared and Ashley? When were they together before, and what was the result?

They were both in Paradise last season. It was exactly the same as you're seeing now. She went into Paradise in love as-seen-on-TV and decided he was her soul mate before they even met. She staked her claim and cried if anyone else went near him. He was "too nice" (read "passive") to say he wasn't interested. So he was coupled with her under duress. However, what kills me is that apparently they went HOME and he continued these games of letting her cry over how in love with him she was without ever firmly saying it's not going to happen EVER. But, last season was truly exactly as you're seeing now: Ashley coming in day 1 crying before they ever even met, and then spending the whole rest of her time on the show crying that he wasn't as interested in her as she was in him.

• Love 3

Jared and Ashley and Ashley's sister recently went with Jade and Tanner to St.Lucia in a group trip, so even though Jared shows so annoyed with her on camera they're obviously close off.

• Love 5

Jared is passive. And I'm in the camp of what does everyone see in him? Sorry, all I see when I look at him is a mouth that needs some orthodontia and whiteners. Usually, I do not comment on people's appearance, but on tv, having a pretty perfect set of teeth is usually the low bar of beauty one has to pass. I just can't stand to see Jared's crooked incisor.  

And listening to the girls' chatter that Jared is "indecisive" and they never saw him "light up" before like he did when Caila arrived, just kind of says everything about this guy's personality. It's pretty dull.  

As for Ashley and the crying, it makes me seriously wonder what kind of upbringing she has. She is smart, I think she has a master's degree, but to be so emotional, nonstop? Heck, if that was me I would make myself get over Jared simply because at some point I would just want a life without all the tears. I think what happened to Ashley is that she went to Paradise thinking she'd either get with Jared or get distracted by someone else, and when she saw there was "no one else" for her, she went nuts over Caila and Jared. The previews show her kissing Wes, so I think that's going to be a step in the right direction for her, and also, maybe redeem the producers from using her immaturity so shameless, by sending in a nice catch like Wes to distract her. 

And I don't think Evan is in love with Carly. I think Evan is in love with being on tv, and needs to avoid being let go for as long as possible, just to prove that he is just as hot a catch as the other, hotter guys on this show. Carly is his ticket to staying on tv.

Edited by TheFinalRose
  • Love 7

I can't believe Ashley is the one getting blamed by most people for what an asshole Jared is. She acted like a straight up freak last season, or so the edit showed. If he didn't like her he shouldn't have kept in touch with her AT ALL. Can't anybody see that he's terrible? He could have left and never said another word to the girl and let her get over it. That's what a good man does. Instead he texts her everyday, rounds second base, introduces her to his family, meets her family on several occasions, sends her roses, and probably a number of other things to lead her on. He knows she's in love with him and he knows he does not and will not feel the same. But somehow this is her fault? He should have said goodbye to her last season and then refused all contact, blocked number, the whole nine. I don't even see him as a nice guy anymore. It's not that he's just a pussy ass and doesn't want to be the bad guy or doesn't want to hurt her. No. He's stringing her along. He's keeping her on his back burner. She'll take anything she can get from him because she loves him. And why not? He's been cultivating this relationship with Ashley for more than a year. And what's up with the couples vacation @Artsda mentioned? But this is Ashley's fault and Jared is just the misunderstood nice guy? Wow. 

Let's not forget Caila is Ashley's friend and told her she would NOT be going for Jared. Jared isn't her type, she said, and she wants it to work out for Ashley and Jared. Oh, and she's not going to Paradise this season at all. But then, who shows up making a bee line for Jared? Ashley's good friend, Caila. Then says she only decided to go two days ago so there was no time to tell Ashley. Yeah the fuck right. I can't wait until Caila drops Jared on his ass. Caila wants a rose and she doesn't care who she has to trample to get it. Friends included. Nice girl.

Sad that Ashley surrounds herself with people who pretend to be her friends but are really just wolves in sheeps clothing. I hope she finds somebody that will appreciate her loyalty and capacity to love. I think she deserves it more than anyone at this point.

I can't believe I said all that in defense of someone who irritated the shit out of me all last season and who I thought was pathetic. I was sort of done with her and a little pissed that we had to endure another round of Ashley's ugly crying. But this is just sad. Jared is on my shit list now. And he looks like a weremouse.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, jade.black said:

Daniel is killing it. I died laughing when he wondered if Ashley would want Canadian sex. Actually my favorite date ever on this franchise, and it was because of- shock!- the conversational value. I also loved his bi Fridays and that Nick was his top choice for age and "experience" (for the record, Daniel, Nick would be my choice too). It's totally my sense of humor and he cracks me up. I especially like that he seems to be genuinely interested in other people when he speaks to them and asks direct and honest questions

I love his sense of humor as well. And I cringe when it comes to small talk. It always feels for awkward for me. I totally appreciate him just throwing out some real questions. Physically, he doesn't do it 100% for me, but I'd be willing to see if he grew on me, because his personality is right up my alley. 

• Love 7

Add me to the list that really dislikes Jared.    And that fakey fake Caila.   I'd rather get a root canal than watch those two be lovey-dovey on my TV. 

Why Jared didn't pull the plug on Ashley after last season or Janner's wedding, I think is cause he knows being part of a franchise "couple" is the way to go so why not string her along till someone else come along.   Jerk.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

As for Ashley and the crying, it makes me seriously wonder what kind of upbringing she has.

Her dad was on After Paradise last night and he seems great. She and her sister grew up in a two parent household in the suburbs.

3 hours ago, thehepburn said:

I would respect Nick's convo with AshleyI more if he wasn't a 35 yr old aspiring model covorting with 25 yr olds on his third go-around on the show. 

Ooh...I never thought about Nick this way. Puts a very unattractive light on him, doesn't it? And I've been #TeamNick the whole time!

• Love 2

I normally shame watch this show, but actually had to comment on this episode because I was (very recently) in a situation similar to Ashley, but I handled it 100% differently.  I briefly dated a guy I met online, but he told me he just wanted to be friends.  I was fine with that, and agreed.  Immediately after, he started acting differently and it was confusing because I did genuinely want to be his friend without weirdness.  And unlike Ashley, we've actually...crossed that line.  He invited me to go to Hawaii with him, his roommate and his gf and I was absolutely ready to go until I realized I needed to talk to him about the weirdness, because I wanted to clarify what this trip was.  So I asked him, and he reiterated we were "just friends" and said he had no intention of leading me on, despite declaring Hawaii was a "couple's trip".  I then told him I would NOT be going to Hawaii, and that it would be better if we probably didn't speak anymore.  I knew I still liked him, and it probably wasn't a smart idea to agree to be friends in the first place.  But I will admit that his change in behavior made me feel there was hope. 

I feel that this guy, like Jared, probably kept me around because on some level he enjoyed the attention.  The "line crossing" was a sober decision on both parts, but in hindsight not a wise one.  But still.  I wish Ashley would realize her self worth, and understand that Jared is not a "nice" guy simply because he hasn't outright said no.  That actually makes him the exact opposite.  He engages her because he knows she will always be around to make him feel wanted.  I feel I'm also in the minority in that I have a bit of a soft spot for Ashley.  Like others have said, I think she can be funny and charming when she's not being emotionally unstable.  Nick absolutely hit the nail on the head by saying she does not actually love Jared, and while I have no doubt she is clinging to something that is not there, I also feel there could be a lot we don't see or is being said when they aren't on trashy reality shows.  But honestly, who knows?  I know that in watching this episode I was reminded of how big a bullet I dodged, because I would have felt like an idiot for spending that kind of money to go to Hawaii with someone who still claimed we were just friends despite everything.  And I feel Jared needs to put on his big boy pants and cut Ashley out of his life permanently if he wants any hope at moving on with his.  Continuing to engage her is only going to feed into her delusions.

• Love 5

I think part of Jared and Ashley's dilemma is that they both keep wanting to be part of these shows and only stay friends with people from it.  I could never be a big Nick fan because he can't seem to give them up and even though I enjoy people like Carly who I feel like I "know," at this point I would respect her more if she looked for love in a normal environment.  Caila, instead of worrying about becoming Ashley, should worry about becoming part of the Bachelor/ettes group that seem to not be able to date anyone outside it. 

• Love 4

Did I hear correctly early in the episode, I thought either Ashley or Caila said they had only met a couple of times? When Ashley was going on and on later in the episode about being betrayed by a friend it seemed weird, because I could have sworn one of them said they didn't know each other well.

It also pisses me off that Ashley goes after Caila for going on a date with Jared (even calling her names to Jared), but she's not mad at Jared for going on the date with Caila or with Twinsie.

• Love 13

As for Ashley and the crying, it makes me seriously wonder what kind of upbringing she has.

Her dad was on After Paradise last night and he seems great. She and her sister grew up in a two parent household in the suburbs.

Now that is interesting information. I can't recall anyone else lugging their daddy around with them as part of the publicity. Did he address her constant crying?

20 hours ago, weightyghost said:

Jared needs to get a restraining order. Yikes. 

And she blew through two of her three cries within the first two hours. 

She's mad at Jared for the fact that she can't get over him. She went there to date other guys, but wanted him to stay single? She's the worst. I continually love Nick for laying down the truth on everything.

Stalker alert!   Manipulation on the horizon with that one...in tens!

Well, Ashley can't be mad at Jared for dating because that would be a crack in his Knight in Shining Armor ideal Ashley's shoved him into. 

Jared's hellaciously passive which is no help to him with regards to Ashley b u t Ashley should be realizing that his reactions are not screaming "Marry me, Ashley!"

She's exactly like an actor/singer's True Fan who got a generic response to a fan mail, a perfunctory kiss at a meet and greet and any day now he'll come to her house and marry her. Any day now.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, jade.black said:

Daniel is killing it. I died laughing when he wondered if Ashley would want Canadian sex. Actually my favorite date ever on this franchise, and it was because of- shock!- the conversational value. I also loved his bi Fridays and that Nick was his top choice for age and "experience" (for the record, Daniel, Nick would be my choice too). It's totally my sense of humor and he cracks me up. I especially like that he seems to be genuinely interested in other people when he speaks to them and asks direct and honest questions.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE good dirty humor.  But, Daniel's convo seemed like a script from some B-rating pervert picture, where the lust-driven perv approaches a beautiful woman with a bevy of age-old sexual cliches.  The type of creep wearing a raincoat, black socks and nothing else.  Some of his dialogue was so old and tired and excessive that I was wondering if his grandfather wrote it for him.   And honestly, he seemed more comfortable sucking liquid out of that other guy's navel than dating Ashley.  I think Nick and Daniel SHOULD spark up a man thing.  

But then, he was with Ashley...so that says it all.  I thought it was hilarious that he simply went on eating when they carted Ashley off, to sacrifice "a virgin", which she seems to wear like a badge of honor.  We get it...you may or may not have ever had sex.  Not sure I'm buying it, because all of the virgins I've ever known kept that stuff private, but...   

• Love 2

I'm going to blame both Ashley and Jared for the mess that is their ... friendship? On/off again relationship? Whatever they want to call it.

Jared knows what he's doing by stringing Ashley along and it's gotten old. I don't know what his excuse is, but he needs to put on his responsible big boy pants and tell Ashley how he feels, point blank-- no ifs, buts, or maybe's. Then he needs to stick by his word, even after filming.

On the other hand, Ashley is a 28-year-old woman who should understand that being infatuated with someone does not make a relationship. It takes two to tango. No matter how badly you want a prince charming, and no matter how many mixed signals he sends you in real life, if he's rejecting a romantic relationship with you on national television then get some self respect, dry your eyes, and move on.  

I've witnessed more functional high school relationships in my life. 

• Love 13

I love guys who are snarky and funny; but something is just off with Daniel. It's like he is saying funny things i guess, but they don't relate to the person or current conversation and they often seem to come out of nowhere. I just find him to be really, odd. I did think Ashley seemed to be having fun and speaking intelligently during the date. I don't understand her or Jared. I'm sure Jared told her that he would not be 'coupling up' with her on this show and that he would be dating someone else. On the only hand, he is going on vacations with her, attending weddings as her date, meeting her family; who does that?

Caila is the innocent party here. I don't know how much they know each other and what Ashley told her, but I'm sure the show producers told her that Jared was free when she came in.  I still think Josh is very handsome and I'm annoyed that he let them play those stupid moaning noises (he probably had no choice). Nick seems fake to me always and Evan is gross. 

• Love 1

Just to add another wrinkle to the Jared/Ashley storyline...check out this passage from an article on a Bachelor Valentine's Day Auction they participated in NYC a few months ago...

Iaconetti went up for auction, though I didn’t spot a single unattached man present except for those onstage. Her friend Haibon gallantly snatched her up for around $700

I do think Jared has led her to believe that they will eventually work out as a couple. I have tons of male friends and NONE of them send me roses "just because". The problem is that while women "come around" on guys all of the time and end up falling in love with someone they didn't initially have romantic interest in, men almost never do. Men tend to know immediately if they have sexual interest or not, even if it's not acted on. Jared knows he's just not interested and he should have let her go a long time ago. It's really unfair that our brains work so differently when it comes to love but there you have it. 

Edited by PetuniaP
  • Love 9
49 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Now that is interesting information. I can't recall anyone else lugging their daddy around with them as part of the publicity. Did he address her constant crying?

She didn't lug him around.  The hosts had him on via Skype.  I'm not sure whether Ashley even knew he'd be on.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Hi Bugs Meany!  Weren't you a Jen fan on her season?

Hi Judy! I was the biggest fan, here or anywhere else. I not only hoped but predicted she'd be one-and-done: a handful of episodes of TB and then back to full-time civilian life. Hooking up with Nick Viall on Bachelor in Paradise is the exact opposite of that. I'm not a fan anymore :(

• Love 1
11 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Ashley is truly wasting the pretty. There's something sort of appealing about a nubile young virgin (just ask Daniel) but a thirty something virgin just doesn't have the same sound.  About the time Ashley's faked, hollowed out cheeks become real she'll wonder why she didn't look for Mr. Right while there were plenty of young single guys around. She's so beautiful, the only reason she doesn't have anyone is because she doesn't want one. She's picked a nice guy who she knows, deep down, will never love her back so that she can listen to sad songs and cry about him, but not have to actually engage in a real  relationship and do scary stuff.  I recognize the signs because I did the same thing -- when I was fifteen! 

I don't blame Jared for this.  We heard him tell her he just wasn't feeling it last year.  So she texts him and he politely texts back and at some point she talked him into a date and they tried kissing, but nothing happened -- for five months.  He could be really, really harsh with her and have all the social warriors talking about mans' cruelty to women, but I still don't think it would sink in.  She would say, "I know he doesn't really mean it because we're meant to be together."  She's just like  Evan with Amanda, finding  hope in some imagined sadness in the eyes.

I'm so torn on this girl.  Is it possible to feel empathy, disgust, concern, and impatience at the same time?  She makes me feel schizophrenic.  I don't understand how she goes through life in this dream world.   Wasn't she raised in the same household with her cynical sister - the married rich man's mistress?  They're polar opposites.  It's like the sister spent their teen years sneaking out of the house, while Ashley stayed home reading Harlequins.  She is just so emotionally immature.   

And I think she knows exactly how she manipulates Jared.  He's really too nice.  He needs to ghost her - just disappear from her life.  She's either completely lacking in self-awareness, or she simply doesn't care how pathetic and crazy she looks. There's just something so selfish in the way she expects Jared to just deal with this mess.  She probably lied about the show because she knew he wouldn't go if she did. 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Bugs Meany said:

Hi Judy! I was the biggest fan, here or anywhere else. I not only hoped but predicted she'd be one-and-done: a handful of episodes of TB and then back to full-time civilian life. Hooking up with Nick Viall on Bachelor in Paradise is the exact opposite of that. I'm not a fan anymore :(

Say it ain't so!!! :)

• Love 1

I'm just starting last night's ep,

Chris: "So.  The crying? How's that going?"  HEEEEEEEEEEE!!

This show is so much better since it figured out that it needed to turn into the skid rather than fighting it.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 5

Jared reminds me of my high school crush, he even looks a bit like him. We were neighbors so we would go over to each other houses and hang out late at night watching tv and we would also go out places together. But I was always in the friend zone. We also worked together and he asked a girl from work to Prom and also dated a friend of mine from school which broke my heart. Flash forward a few years and my high school crush ends up being gay. To be honest I hate that I wasted 2 years pining for the guy but it does make me feel less rejected finding out he is gay. ;)

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Even Caila's opening is boring! Most of the people do funny stuff while 'Almost Paradise' is playing at the beginning, but she just is biting a piece of fruit. 

Still less boring than rubbing sunscreen on its skin or blowing a kiss.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Funniest thing so far:  Daniel watching Ashley being taken away by the group of men claiming they want a virgin sacrifice... waiting a few moments... shrugging... and then continuing with his dinner.

Oh, I know, right? You could practically see him looking at the producers off camera asking "So . . . . do I go after them?  What? No?  Ok, cool. [Stuffs mouth full of food]."

• Love 1
On August 16, 2016 at 8:56 PM, Ketzel said:

And Jared needs to grow a pair and tell the girl he isn't interested in a romantic relationship with her, period, the end, not happening, fuhgeddaboutit. I think he's been leading her on for over a year, and the kindest thing to do would have been to break all contact with her so she could stop getting all wound up in the pretend relationship he was having with her.

He needs to straight out break her heart. I hate it when guys are all wishy washy. Hurt her. It is the ONLY way this chick MIGHT possibly get over it...but I could see her spinning whatever he says to meet her warped narrative.

• Love 2

Ashley reminds me of Janice, Chandler's girlfriend from "Friends," and I cannot shake it. Something about the way she talks. I have not seen her on any of her shows before, but she seems obnoxious and sort of nuts. Jared looked ready to walk into the ocean and never come back. With Caila, I find it gross and shitty for her to call her a "whore." I don't know if Caila "lied" or not, but given how aggressive and crazy Ashley seems, I am sure she pushed Caila for some sort of reassurance that she really never should've sought. I don't know why they hung out, but I'm betting it was Ashley setting up their meetings specifically so she could ask Caila not to go on Paradise. That's an unreasonable thing to ask her. I seriously doubt they are legitimate "friends."

Daniel's reaction to the date card was hilarious. Completely deadpan: "Sacrifice a newborn calf or something." Ashley looked so confused and weirded out. "Well listen, I eat meat so I can do it." I do think he is joking when he acts like a weirdo, but while it's amusing to watch on TV, I bet when you're talking to him it is very uncomfortable. I don't think Daniel is giving his rose to Sarah -- I don't buy for one second he's attracted to her. He's far too shallow and judgmental about looks.

I actually remember Jen from Ben's season and I thought she seemed smart and poised and was a little surprised when she got sent home so early. But her date with Nick was so cringeworthy. Very early in the date she says, "I'm kind of attracted to you. I hope it's mutual." How awkward.

Evan continues to come off as either desperate or creepy, I can't decide which. But I don't think he realizes that what he is doing is not a good look. Ugh. Note to self: Do not go to the hospital in Mexico. They had no clue how to put the IV in -- that was disgusting.

• Love 5

There are SO many tragically bad pictures of this Ashley I elsewhere, with such bad clownish makeup, that its actually weird that the photo of her used for this article is one where she actually looks pretty good (albeit still crying).

11 hours ago, dleighg said:

What I recall is this - Ashley was on the Bachelor, was sent home.  She watched the Bachelorette, and Jared caught her eye.  She built up a fantasy in her mind about him, and went on Bachelor in Paradise last year, absolutely convinced that he was her soulmate and that she was in love with him.   It wasn't like what we're seeing this season, where someone says they came on the show hoping to meet a certain person.  She came on the show to make him fall in love with her, because she was already in love with him from seeing him on TV. 

When they actually met in person, he seemed mildly interested, but she was already planning their wedding in her mind.  She also talked about Disney princesses, and in her mind she was Jasmine and he was her Aladdin.   She wanted to lose her virginity to Jared.   Jared had a tough time letting her down, because he can't tolerate her crying over him.  In his mind, they went on a few dates, and didn't click.  In her mind, they had a torrid love affair and then he broke up with her and broke her heart.  But, she continued to chase him, knowing that he would eventually realize they were soulmates. 

Since last summer, they have been friends, it seems, but Jared has said he doesn't want to date her, and she's had a tough time accepting it.  She knew Jared was going to be on the show, and it seems she knew he would be attracted to Caila.  She says she came on this year to get over Jared, but, that's not logical.  The only way to get OVER  him is to get AWAY from him.

• Love 6

What happened to Daniel and Sarah?  Everybody was saying he was the single guy, but wasn't he really into Sarah?  We didn't see them hanging out or talking once, except for when Daniel told Sarah he was going on the date with Ashley.  

The whole Evan thing is just wrong.  This is a guy that wasn't supposed to last past the first women-in-power week, yet somehow the weasel is still around.  He gets sent to the hospital for a swollen ankle?  In an ambulance with sirens?  And what's with the doctor putting in an IV without wearing gloves and getting blood everywhere?

Jen...wow, she is pretty and has a nice body.  I don't remember her at all from Ben's season, but I'm paying attention now.  The ten crabs crawling on the beach while Nick and her having some sexy time was creepy, but I guess they had other things to pay attention to than the crabs.

I really think the producers have it in for Josh and make him look like an idiot with all the "mmms".  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Falafel said:

Very early in the date she says, "I'm kind of attracted to you. I hope it's mutual." How awkward.

Yes, who on earth would say that? If there's mutual attraction, it's usually pretty obvious. Just fishing for compliments? She's so pretty one wonders why she should feel a need to.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

Yes, who on earth would say that? If there's mutual attraction, it's usually pretty obvious. Just fishing for compliments? [Jen]'s so pretty one wonders why she should feel a need to.

I really didn't see it as needy or fishing for compliments. It was her blunt way of saying "Anytime you want to start making out, go ahead," since it's usually the girl who gives the green light.

And to answer ByTor's question, yes, it is so (that I'm no longer a fan). I'd expected more from her than falling for Nick Vile, in both senses: falling in love and buying his act. As the extended preview showed, pretty soon they're going to do much more than just make out. Vom.

• Love 1

In a weird way I like Ashley.. maybe it's because she is so blunt about her feelings, but she also irritates me with her irrational and immature behavior.

I also think Jared needs to be very direct with her.. but not for the same reasons I see many others expressing. He needs to be clear and direct for himself and his own sanity. I do think that doing so is way out of his comfort zone but he needs to for his own sake.. not Ashley's.  Ashley is pushing 30. Be a grown ass woman, Ashley, and don't allow yourself to be "strung along". Have some self respect for Pete's sake. You'll attract way more suitable men that way, over histrionics, guilt trips, and crying and gnashing of teeth. 

• Love 1

Ashley's stringing herself along, though. Jared isn't helping, but she's pursued him since she saw him. Nick told her the truth and she did the equivalent of  Scarlet O'Hara's "Tomorrow's another day" speech

• Love 3