Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Week 3, Night 1

• Start Topic

Of course it is all in the editing but I noticed Christian only spoke about his desire to get Sarah's rose and sticking around longer.  I did not hear him say anything in particular about Sarah and why  or whether he was into her.  I think we got two producer-driven roses last night.  One I was happy about (Nick) and the other, not so much (Evan).  

Josh is so gross. He is doing himself no favors on this show.  He always seems seconds away from losing his sh&t when he is not sucking face with Amanda.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I did, several times. Then I fast forwarded a bit. And through the whole thing I was thinking of George McFly:

Get Your Damn Hands Off Of Her

Genius! That is exactly how Evan comes off. It's hard to outcreep Crispin Glover, but man, he's giving it his best. 

I like the twins, particularly Emily of the tons of moles (eye roll.)  I wish there was some nice way to explain it all to her, she's sweet, funny and pretty, but I think the men grow bored with her conversation.  I hate to think that, in this dopey group, they're all too smart for her, but at least Daniel, Nick and Jared are.  Caila does have fabulous hair and a pleasant personality, but other than that, I don't see the "perfect."

Both of the twins are extremely dim. And honestly, I think they play that up because it fits their "brand" in life. Blonde, artificial Playmate twins, men probably aren't expecting or even wanting to find a Rhodes scholar underneath. But they can't have it both ways and if either one of them wants an actual relationship, they'll have to develop a personality beyond "blonde twin." 

Listening to them talk can be painful sometimes. So much nothing and it takes them so long to spit out the nothing words. I almost wonder if having their twin there to finish their sentences all the time hurts them in a solo situation because they really seem to struggle with finishing a thought on their own. 

As for Caila, taking into account that the most popular girl there is Amanda, whose entire persona is "sweet," I can certainly see how bubbly, smiling Caila would be the next dream girl. And in this crowd of processed hair disasters and makeup so heavy you can barely see their faces, her gorgeous hair and minimal makeup approach make her stand out. 

Oh Evan.  He walks up to make his big play for Amanda wearing sweat pants.  She kindly tells him that she isn't interested but that when she first met him he had "surprised," her.  Evan translates this to, "I was really into you, Evan and we could have had a wonderful romance but Josh came along and just as soon as that burns out It will be you and me forever!"It was nice to see how happy Vinnie and Izzy are.  They both seem so normal, good for them, bad for the show.

OMG, Evan's translation of Amanda's words was both hilarious and super creepy. Was he saving face or is that actually what he heard when she gave him the nicest brush-off ever? Ordinarily, I would think the former (like guys who don't even get a peck on the cheek after a date telling everyone they had sex), but Evan might just be delusional enough to hear what he wants to hear. 

He also clearly missed the inherent insult in her words, saying she was "surprised" by him sounded to me like he came across as a creep to her on his season (which, true story) and also maybe that he wasn't as ugly as he looked on tv (several people commented that he looked better IRL.) 

The Lace bar tussle was weird.  Why did some random chick pour water on her?  Producer driven per chance?  Although they were being really tacky in a public place.

That's pretty common for reality TV people in bars, I can think of dozens of instances where people on the Real World or Jersey Shore (remember the Snooki punch heard round the world?) have total strangers fucking with them. 

I was a little disappointed that Lace didn't fly off the handle more, they couldn't have chosen a crazier drunk to mess with. 

I'm sure they're all very aware of the specifics in the book but the show itself probably suggested they not say it because there are very serious accusations against Josh that he could, if he wanted to, sue over. So it's sort of a touchy situation. I never read Andi's book because just no, and I know some of the very specific things written in the book because it's 2016 and people screen capped it. So I absolutely believe someone like Nick who says he didn't read it but "heard" things, meaning he probably saw the most sensational parts about Josh, just like me and many others did. 

I can believe the others didn't read it, not that it stopped creepy Evan from acting as though he had insider info, but I have a hard time believing Nick hasn't read it. Maybe it's just the fact that I myself would never have the restraint to not read a book I know I was in, but I think he's probably read it. I don't blame him for not wanting to admit that on tv though. 

• Love 12

Evan is so gross. His mannerisms, his appearance,  the way he talks everything about him makes me want to gag.  He's such a loser.  He seems to Him saying Amanda came there to meet him and was crying.. Wow he is totally delusional and acts like a, stalker.  I think he would be the emotionally abusive one not Josh.. And I find Josh disgusting in a different way.  If I were Amanda, I'd only make out with him in the shower. He's too dirty and greasy and soaked in sweat.  Yuck. Strangley I now like nick.  I'm sure that won't last long. 

Have never seen Jared so animated and talkative! He's really into callia! 

Edited by kira28
  • Love 11

Emily is delusional if she thinks she's prettier than Caila. While Emily is certainly not ugly, it's fairly clear that she puts a ton of effort into looking as good as she does, while Caila looks very naturally and effortlessly beautiful. There's nothing wrong with make-up or 'trying' to look good (I love make-up as much as the next girl!), but I can see how Caila would appeal to more men -- especially one like Jared, who previously turned down Ashley I. (who is also very attractive, but has that same sort of artificial look about her as the twins do). In contrast, Jared was very interested in Jade last season (before she and Tanner became an item) and Jade has a fairly low-maintenance/naturally beautiful look about her, as well.

Evan is just... awkward. I don't know what to make of him. His conversation with Josh was bizarre -- like, regardless of what happened (or didn't happen) between Josh and Andi, that's for Amanda to discuss with Josh, if she chooses to. I'm no Amanda fan, but she did ask him about the book on their date and seemed satisfied with his answer, so that's that. Evan rushing in to demand answers from Josh just comes across stupid and desperate... if I were Josh, I wouldn't have even bothered with inspirational platitudes and just told him to mind his own business.

Also kinda random: I hated Nick on both seasons of Bachelorette but he's now my favorite guy on BiP and by far, the most attractive one there.

Edited by lavenderpenguin
  • Love 14

I could have lived my entire life in great enjoyment NEVER hearing Josh make out with his pizza.  GROSS!  Why do they insist on putting those noises in every time Josh is doing anything?  Mmmm oh mmmmm GAH!

I actually feel kinda bad for Evan.  You don't become a  director of a men's clinic by being stupid and naive.  This is obviously played up by the producers and if I was him seeing this on tv I would be pissed.  Enh I guess he knew what he was getting in to? *shrug*

28 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:

Of course it is all in the editing but I noticed Christian only spoke about his desire to get Sarah's rose and sticking around longer.  I did not hear him say anything in particular about Sarah and why  or whether he was into her.

Sarah is one of the few people on this show I actually like and am rooting for so it pisses me off what is so obviously is happening to her!

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, whimsey98 said:

Think I'll pass on Part II, since the blubbering Ashley I. reappears for no good reason than drama.

I was beyond excited to see her arrival.  I give that excitement about 3 and a half minutes into tonight's episode before I am over her.  But....squeee...I seriously cannot wait!  Ooooh Jared.  Good luck to you, my man!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Right, but did they play Amanda's moans over all of that, or did I imagine hearing that?

I know they were playing them in the beginning, but I was so aghast at what my eyeballs were seeing that I may have gone temporarily deaf and I'm not going back to that dark place to find out.

• Love 7

Josh is so, so repulsive to me.  The definition of smarmy.  Also, to me, he comes off as quite dumb. I also strongly dislike Evan, but he was right in saying that Josh talks in cliches.  His inability to say anything of meaning in regards to Andi's book besides "its a completely fictional story" and "God has a plan" is almost comical. It would be much more convincing if he said something along the line of 'relationships are complicated, everyone says and does things they don't mean, Andy exaggerated many things to make me look bad and made some stuff up, etc."  Basically how Nick has handled it.  

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:

Of course it is all in the editing but I noticed Christian only spoke about his desire to get Sarah's rose and sticking around longer.  I did not hear him say anything in particular about Sarah and why  or whether he was into her.  I think we got two producer-driven roses last night.  One I was happy about (Nick) and the other, not so much (Evan).  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last week wasn't Christian talking a lot about how much he liked Sarah and was really into her?  I don't know if something happened in the meantime to cool him off, or if, as you said, it's the editing and those two or three comments were pulled out of hours of THs and anything he might have said about liking her were left on the cutting room floor.

Heaven help me, last night I was begging for someone to give Nick a rose.  DH thought I was crazy, but darned if my feelings about Nick from his Bachelorette seasons haven't done a complete 180.  Evan, OTOH, is not only the same s***-stirrer he was on Jojo's season, but now he's also a stalkery creep who imagines himself in love with any woman who will give him half a second's attention--and even some who won't.   He makes my skin crawl.

• Love 4

Let me see if I have this right.

Carly: No.

Evan: Yes.

Carly: No.

Evan: Yes.

Carly, I love you and your quirkiness and your biting commentary, but that is not Evan being "weird", that is called "without your consent", and you need to get your ratty-hair ass away from him. Why not see if you can get something going with Nick? The two of you can sit on the porch and yell at all the kids to get off your lawn.

Also, you are too funny to hang out with boring Sarah.

• Love 5

After Jared went off with Caila and Emily was so weepy-- Nick was being so kind and nice. I mean, she's known Jared for what, two days? If I were her I'd say "Hey Nick, let's go for a walk and splash in the water and have a fun day!" 

• Love 3

I will go back and read every post - this is what I live for sadly.

However there are two points I want to make so I can get them off my chest immediately.

1)  Amanda was so extremely KIND to Evan.  It blew me away.  (Yet so nicely assertive about exactly what she wanted to do.) It reminded me of why I liked her so much in Ben's season, even though the way she talks can be really bothersome.  The way she speaks though, is a superficial thing.  Deeply I just think she's a good person who handles herself extremely well.  I can't help but be pushed back into her corner, again and again (if this is the correct metaphor).  Her maturity in these situations.  Honestly, I don't care anymore if she wants to make out with Josh all day.  I worry about her, but this is what the show's about, so, meh.  No hate, here.

2)  I had an issue with a guy who would not leave me alone for months and months.  It was one of the worst experiences of my life.  After some therapy, I read a book about assertiveness and it seriously changed my life.  I've posted about stuff like this before and there is always someone who cries out victim blaming.  That's not what I'm about to do.  Somebody who spent 4 years writing papers on sexual assault and 15 years watching SVU would not do that.  However, let me say that Carly's behaviour with Supremely Quintessential "Nice Guy" Evan makes my skin very itchy.  I wish she'd make a decision either way and then confidently and assertively act on it.  Because there are guys out there who just refuse to hear no.  Again and again.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nice_guy

Caila is just such a catch.  I should probably find a more modern way to express that.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, lavenderpenguin said:

Also kinda random: I hated Nick on both seasons of Bachelorette but he's now my favorite guy on BiP and by far, the most attractive one there.

It's all in the edit. Nick's edit is so good this time that I'm waiting for him to be announced as the next bachelor, which I would love to see.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'm sure they're all very aware of the specifics in the book but the show itself probably suggested they not say it because there are very serious accusations against Josh that he could, if he wanted to, sue over. So it's sort of a touchy situation. I never read Andi's book because just no, and I know some of the very specific things written in the book because it's 2016 and people screen capped it. So I absolutely believe someone like Nick who says he didn't read it but "heard" things, meaning he probably saw the most sensational parts about Josh, just like me and many others did. 

I cracked up over the times it was said that his "former fiancé"  wrote a book -  not "Andi Dorfman,  who was the bachelorette he was engaged to!"   I think her first name was mentioned once, but they sure didn't want a lot of focus on her. 

It seems to me that the producers have all the participants in a holding cell someplace off-camera.  And they know exactly who each prisoner is interested in, or who is interested in them.   And then, at the exact moment that there is a relationship starting, the prisoner most likely to break it up or stir up some shit, is released on the beach. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, whimsey98 said:

I haven't watched the whole program yet but he does say they did not allow Vinnie to cut his hair...that he got a haircut before the series started and powered through to the end.  I don't know why, but that amused me because this show has so little going on beyond the sex tease that it is actually interesting to hear about hair just as a change off.  Anyway, anyone that is interested, I am providing a link and my apologies to those who are ready familiar with this show or have no interest; while I am pretty sure there are no spoilers but just in case I'll do the spoiler thing to protect your eyes: 

They need his hair the same for consistency in diary talks. 

34 minutes ago, huahaha said:

It's all in the edit. Nick's edit is so good this time that I'm waiting for him to be announced as the next bachelor, which I would love to see.

I would too!  I like him, always have.  We are in a small group.  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I would too!  I like him, always have.  We are in a small group.  

Yep, I liked him from the start.  I thought it was just me and @wings707, a few others.   I never thought he was a good match for Kaitlyn,  But Andi and Nick could have been a good match. 

• Love 3

I have never seen Jared so interested in a girl before. lol He really did light up when Caila got there. Usually he's just blah and running away from them. 

Josh's sweat and then him being all over Amanda was so gross that I don't know how she could stand without cringing. 

Evan not reading the book and then talking to Amanda about how bad Josh comes across in the book made him look like a fool. It seems his game to attack the other guy's character in a way to make himself look good and noble. He did it during Jojo's season too. 

I love Daniel, he's just the best entertainment. 

Nick's friendship with everyone (but Josh) seem great. They all seem to adore him.

If Nick's admitting some things in the book about him are true. Yet Josh claims the entire thing about him is fiction. I think Nick is the one telling the truth and Josh is protesting too much. If Nick can come out and admit there's truths there, then Josh is denying way too much. There's got to be some truth there too. 

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Carly's behaviour with Supremely Quintessential "Nice Guy" Evan makes my skin very itchy.  I wish she'd make a decision either way and then confidently and assertively act on it.  Because there are guys out there who just refuse to hear no.  Again and again.  

Production asked that she give him a rose.  I would put money on it. 

23 minutes ago, backformore said:

It seems to me that the producers have all the participants in a holding cell someplace off-camera.  And they know exactly who each prisoner is interested in, or who is interested in them.   And then, at the exact moment that there is a relationship starting, the prisoner most likely to break it up or stir up some shit, is released on the beach. 

LOL.  This show is unabashedly manipulated.  Christian choosing Sarah first?  No way.  Sarah liking Daniel?  HA.  NO!  They asked her to hook up with Daniel so he would stay around for comic relief.  

• Love 1

Emily is delusional if she thinks she's prettier than Caila.

Well then I guess I'm delusional as well, because I find Emily, and naturally Haley as well, to be far prettier than the bland, dull as dishwater, Caila.

I am so glad Caila did not become the Bachelorette because she would have put Bachelor Nation in a coma. I find her only value to be that they use her to treat insomniacs who haven't responded to heavy drugs. (thank you, Robin Williams).

And I say that knowing full well that neither twin is exactly a bundle of dynamite, personality wise. But purely on looks, I'll take Emily and/or Haley every time. They've got kind of a young Faith Ford thing going. And lord knows I loves me some Corky Sherwood Forrest.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, backformore said:

Yep, I liked him from the start.  I thought it was just me and @wings707, a few others.   I never thought he was a good match for Kaitlyn,  But Andi and Nick could have been a good match. 

I have always liked him as well but I definitely thought joining Kaitlyn's season was a huge mistake. I also never believed he was genuinely in love with Kaitlyn. I got a bit of going through the motions with his relationship/proposal with Kaitlyn. And as much as I'm not here for her and Shawn, I definitely think Kaitlyn chose right for her. But I definitely believed Nick loved Andi and was truly hurt after that season. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

It was nice to see how happy Vinnie and Izzy are.  They both seem so normal, good for them, bad for the show.

I totally agree... and maybe this is why they had to enact the "double date", to get them out showing off their relationship and yet have a more interesting/fiery couple with them.

To me Nick hasn't done anything great and Josh hasn't done anything awful. 

It's not about one doing something bad and the other doing something good.  It's about their personalities.  I find Nick very likeable and therefore attractive.  I find Josh not my 'type' of person (the way he acts, speaks, the things he says, his attitude towards Nick), not likeable, and consequently not attractive.  It's how you interact with people in daily life - you vibe with some people and you don't with others.

A lot of people dislike Caila.  Yet I don't remember her doing any 'negative' thing?  What has she done?  Smile too much....  Meh.  I like her a lot.

I thought Jojo would be a sexy exciting Bachelorette and she was as dull as dishwater so what do we really know.  Maybe Caila's season would have been interesting. I'm already more interested in her stint on BiP than Jojo's entire season.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 15
44 minutes ago, backformore said:

Well, I think it's an off-site hotel. If it's the same one where Michelle (Not Money) and Ryan Putz had their torrid affair 2 seasons ago, we got a nice glimpse from the hallway of Harrison trying to get into Michelle's room, and of course the balcony and grounds from the infamous re-enactment of Ryan's balcony plunge. But, yeah, same point. They are obviously all held and released the moment ANYONE says, "I'm so happy with X, and nothing will ever change that!" Da-da-DUM! Cue the footsteps of the one person who will change that!

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I thought Jojo would be a sexy exciting Bachelorette and she was as dull as dishwater so what do we really know.  Maybe Caila's season would have been interesting. I'm already more interested in her stint on BiP than Jojo's entire season.

That was another case of editing, I think. It was The Chad Show for too long, and then we didn't know any of the other guys. BiP has proven that at least a few of them make for good TV! The show also wanted to show JoJo interrogating all of the guys when obviously that's not how she spent most of her time.

21 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

A lot of people dislike Caila.  Yet I don't remember her doing any 'negative' thing?  What has she done?  Smile too much....  Meh.  I like her a lot.

For me, it was her speech. Caila's a smart girl but was often weird talking on camera, using smiles and kisses to bridge the gap.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I actually feel kinda bad for Evan.  You don't become a  director of a men's clinic by being stupid and naive.  This is obviously played up by the producers and if I was him seeing this on tv I would be pissed.  Enh I guess he knew what he was getting in to? *shrug*

Looking at that link made me sick.  Alabama is one of the worst states for women's health care and yet they still cater to men of all ages.  Women can't get access to minimal health care.  I find it laughable that a man can get his insurance to provide for help with erections and yet a woman has difficulty getting access to birth control.  Closing down the women's centers was horrendous for women's health by taking away access to routine health care like mammograms and pelvic exams.

The statement above does segue nicely into my opinion of Evan.  His tactic of protector is very misogynistic.  The women are so stupid they need his ultimate wisdom to get out of bed each day.  Someone upthread commented on Carley's nos to his yes'.  I wouldn't go within 100 feet of someone like him.  He is very manipulative and controlling.  Gross, let's not forget gross.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, alexa said:

I just can't help but think that Amanda is nuts for thinking it is okay to make out with someone on TV on a regular basis when you have 2 children at home you claim to love so much.

Doesn't Evan have kids too? He may not be shown making out on tv as much as Amanda, but it's certainly not through a lack of effort.

I don't think it's great parenting, but on its own it's certainly nowhere near "My God! These kids will never recover!" territory. I try to view these people as D-list actors getting paid for a few weeks of filming plus some appearances after.

• Love 1

Amanda is nuts for thinking it is okay to make out with someone on TV on a regular basis when you have 2 children at home you claim to love so much.

I guess it's a good thing I don't have kids because I kinda don't see what the big deal is (although I find the whole Josh/Amanda thing gross). What *would* disturb me is to see anyone with kids (or without kids, for that matter) acting violent on camera. 

Yep, I liked him from the start. I thought it was just me and @wings707, a few others. I never thought he was a good match for Kaitlyn,  But Andi and Nick could have been a good match. 

I've been here all along, too! I always liked Nick and was very annoyed by the poor edit he was getting, so this redemption arc of sorts is making me very happy. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, huahaha said:

That was another case of editing, I think. 

I realize that television shows are edited.  I'm not sure if that's a counterpoint or what.  I found Jojo's season extremely dull.  And sure, it was "edited" to be dull, then.... Ok?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, violetr said:

I guess it's a good thing I don't have kids because I kinda don't see what the big deal is (although I find the whole Josh/Amanda thing gross). What *would* disturb me is to see anyone with kids (or without kids, for that matter) acting violent on camera. 

I've been here all along, too! I always liked Nick and was very annoyed by the poor edit he was getting, so this redemption arc of sorts is making me very happy. 

I don't think it is awful, just that in the long run it will be embarrassing for her in community circles.  I don't think much about the single people on this show acting stupid on television because they don't have many home responsibilities, etc, but once you have children you become involved in the schools and community more.  It won't bring her a lot of respect in her day to day life...

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I realize that television shows are edited.  I'm not sure if that's a counterpoint or what.  I found Jojo's season extremely dull.  And sure, it was "edited" to be dull, then.... Ok?

I wasn't trying to convince you, just sharing my take on what happened. JoJo's season bored me too.

When Josh said Andi's book was fiction, he was referring to the fact that it's a fictionalized account. She doesn't name names, though everyone would know exactly who the characters represent.  Nick and Josh are called 25 and 26, as in the last two guys left after she eliminated 24. Its her way of being able to write whatever she wants, with no legal repercussions, either from individuals or the network.  I think Josh has been advised to say the book is fiction, and to not comment.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Kerri Okie said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last week wasn't Christian talking a lot about how much he liked Sarah and was really into her?  I don't know if something happened in the meantime to cool him off, or if, as you said, it's the editing and those two or three comments were pulled out of hours of THs and anything he might have said about liking her were left on the cutting room floor.

I don't think you are wrong. I think on the date and right after he was more specific about what he liked about Sarah.  Last night it was noticeably absent from his commentary. He just talked about wanting to stick around.  Frankly he kind of lost me when he referred to himself in the third person and as a "grown ass man." 

I hope Sarah meets someone IRL that does right by her.  These doofuses (doofi?) are entirely unsuitable. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, alexa said:

I don't think it is awful, just that in the long run it will be embarrassing for her in community circles.  I don't think much about the single people on this show acting stupid on television because they don't have many home responsibilities, etc, but once you have children you become involved in the schools and community more.  It won't bring her a lot of respect in her day to day life...

I think it is awful because her daughters are so young. The younger one wasn't even two years old when Amanda went on Ben's season.  At that age children are very attached to their mothers and have separation anxiety. Plus, the early years is when kids develop their personalities and grow and learn new things every single day, and you can never get that precious time back. Amanda has decided that it was more important to be on multiple reality shows than to be there for her daughters when they need her the most. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, reggiejax said:

Well then I guess I'm delusional as well, because I find Emily, and naturally Haley as well, to be far prettier than the bland, dull as dishwater, Caila.... But purely on looks, I'll take Emily and/or Haley every time. They've got kind of a young Faith Ford thing going. And lord knows I loves me some Corky Sherwood Forrest.

Funny...when I was in my early or mid twenties I would have DEFINITELY said the same thing...now that I am a bit older I guess tastes have changed, and I find Caila much more beautiful than the twins (who admittedly are still very beautiful).

Edited by bblancobrnx
Insert missing comma

Weighing in.......

Evan/Amanda/Josh/Nick: 

As much as Evan did say he'd go for it to let Amanda know he was interested and as icky awkward it was to have to watch him interrupt a face sucking session, twice; I think:

1. If you are on a show designed for you to explore dating with various people then kudos for Evan for calling it on Josh for being a possessive hog of Amanda's time. That is the kind of bravery that can only be learned by being one of many bachelors competing for a bachelorette -constantly being interrupted by other guys makes it "normal" to do the same.

2. Evans stated motivation for the first interuption was a last ditch effort to talk with someone he knew he was interested in. Fair game. His stated motivation for the second interuption was that, since he felt his exit was imminent he wanted to make sure someone had reminded Amanda to come up for air and look at the big picture with Josh.

While we see Nick mentioning how he can't believe Josh went after Amanda, I don't think he is pining for her. He may truly not be much attracted to any of the other girls. In addition he (and I) just can't help but feel as though Josh swooped in, picked whatever girl Nick was involved with, and has isolated the girl from being able to make more than minimal contact with any body other than him. The way it is edited makes the viewer want to make sure she is getting to know who he is because all we see is possessive animal lust coming from him. 

I laugh at Josh because he is so sure that these guys are trying to sabotage him and get the girl.

a. No one is trying to sabotage you, Josh. But you jumping to and clinging on to that conclusion makes me wonder if that's the kind of thing that YOU do to others.

b. They aren't trying to get the girl FROM you. To me their motivation is out of detached chivalry to make sure their fellow resort mate has an opportunity to see something other than the inside of her own eyelids.

Regarding Carly and Evan:

Carly seems to be the one who approached Evan in the first place. A few girls have mentioned he is more attractive than his editing. Maybe she's getting to know someone she wouldn't otherwise spend time with. Open mind is the catch word of the series, right?

Evan gave Carly a rose because he saw something there. Carly gave Evan a rose....because he saw something there. Good for her whatever her motivation. She is giving it a chance. She is playing the game smart by keeping a guy around who is likely to keep her around. "It's a game" but realistically, These people are forced to make plays for each other to be able to stay around long enough to get to know each other, yet the romance part of it tends to prevent, or distract them from getting to know each other. Carly has stated that she is attracted to Evan, but she doesn't know what to do with his style of approaching women. I don't think he is creepy. He is just more of a thinker, more of a gentleman, more confident. So he doesn't jump on you as a way of showing interest. Hmm. Maybe a few years down the line the two of them will still have something interesting to talk about. They both say it like it is.....What's happening with Carly and Evan might actually enable the two of them to develop a friendship or romance that has a very strong foundation.

As far as Caila goes, on Bens season she was the one who was always happy never perturbed or anxious - to the extent that Ben was concerned about what it would be like when she had other emotions.

I think it's unfair to the twins to have them on together. They have each other to be comfortable with and break loose with each other. That need fulfilled, the guys don't really have a place to go with them.

Edited by Seawolff
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Seawolff said:

I think it's unfair to the twins to have them on together. They have each other to be comfortable with and break loose with each other. That need fulfilled, the guys don't really have a place to go with them.

Did they really change places to test that guy?  How did I miss that?  If so, I find it very juvenile and unfair.  You can't go around hand in hand and then expect people to notice your ears.

At some point they are going to have to split up a bit and develop their own personalities and personas.  One of them slept with a stuffed animal.  That is sooo mature.  I do like them though and think they are nice girls but they do need to get a handle on things.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Seawolff said:

As far as Caila goes, on Bens season she was the one who was always happy never perturbed or anxious - to the extent that Ben was concerned about what it would be like when she had other emotions.

Ok now I remember Caila.  She's the one that was terminally happy.  To me it seemed like she was putting on a show for the camera.  I mean everyone on reality tv does to an extent but wow this chick was weirdly over-the-top with the I'm so happy and I love everything Ben does kinda shtick.  She's pretty but really fucking annoying.  I hope she isn't on there long.

12 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Did they really change places to test that guy?  How did I miss that?  If so, I find it very juvenile and unfair.  You can't go around hand in hand and then expect people to notice your ears.

Yeah and I don't think they ever told him the truth either.  I'm all for a little gag for TV but come on let the poor guy in on the joke eventually.  He seemed like an ok guy too. 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, alexa said:

Oh, I get that. :) I agree that it may very well be embarrassing for her. I'm hoping she gets it out of her system before they're tweens and her very breathing is embarrassing to them.

I also think it's important that Evan not be given a free pass for the same behavior if we're going to criticize Amanda's choices, though I realize the mind wants to shy away from thinking of Evan...

• Love 1

I guess I'm in the vast minority (me 'n' Diablo Cody both), but I actually enjoy Evan. It's refreshing to see someone who's not completely ripped and has an  IQ higher than of a bowl of mashed turnips (I'm forgiving him for his little Thoreau transgression a couple of weeks ago).  And I think he and Carly are similar in a lot of ways-- I hope they go the distance. 

Then again, I used to have a huge crush on Crispin Glover as George McFly and am married to a guy who has been compared to Crispin Glover, looks-wise and mannerisms-wise... so there you go... ;)

Seriously, I love the heavy-handed editing in this show. The editors have given up any pretense of this being a serious matchmaking show and  milking the comedy. I'm into it.

Edited by LittleCabbage
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:

Frankly he kind of lost me when he referred to himself in the third person and as a "grown ass man." 

I think he was comparing himself to Daniel and in the aspect yeah I can see why he would say that.  Daniel kinda comes across as goofy and immature. 

55 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:

Last night it was noticeably absent from his commentary. He just talked about wanting to stick around

Enh I kinda thought Daniel was the one that was more interested in sticking around and Christian was actually invested in Sarah but IDK.  Sarah just seems so mature and in a way much older than these doofi (tee hee hee) so I can imagine finding a connection is a bit more difficult for her.