Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E26: Blind Spot

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, AllyB said:

I remember a rumour back in the early years of this show that Ziering was actually very bald and had a pube hair transplant which was why his hair was so weird. It grossed me out so much.

Ha! There was a character on Grosse Point, the 90210-esque comedy that Darren Star created and co-wrote after leaving 90210, that suffered from baldness and had a very bad wig. Based on Ziering I presume!

On August 11, 2016 at 2:26 PM, AllyB said:

I remember a rumour back in the early years of this show that Ziering was actually very bald and had a pube hair transplant which was why his hair was so weird. It grossed me out so much.

Bye

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 9:57 AM, AndySmith said:

Didn't SD get into trouble with the producers over this?

I read some transcripts from one of the producers (Charles Rosen I think) and he went on about what a pain the haircut was. 

I'm surprised that next year we have Kelly and Donna with almost identical platinum short haircuts. 

On August 16, 2016 at 11:31 AM, CurlyATX said:

I read some transcripts from one of the producers (Charles Rosen I think) and he went on about what a pain the haircut was. 

I'm surprised that next year we have Kelly and Donna with almost identical platinum short haircuts. 

I kind of hate Kelly with short hair. She's such a little old church lady at heart to begin with and all the various soccer mom haircuts she favored when she went short really make her into the new Nana in my mind.

Meh, the haircut seems to age her a bit... it's a little late-series Carol Brady IMO.  Although JG looked amazing in red when Dylan finds out she and Brandon are dating (during Donna's debut I think).  JG always rocked red and cobalt blue (like in the electric slide to end racism episode).

I just sincerely don't remember Cress being in 90210 at all, so I must have stopped watching by this point, even though it felt like it was so big in my teenage life for so long. But it's funny because in the clips you played he was definitely workshopping his Mayor Lavon Hayes character from Hart of Dixie, with adorable Cress' BFF relationship with Rachel Bilson's formal shorts-wearing doctor being a HUGE part of why I loved that show.

By the way, Deshaun deserved so much better than Donna. Ugh. I hope the way they eventually wrote him out was revelation he'd had an on-court head injury that made him want to hang out with these obnoxious doofi and he'd now recovered and come to his senses.

Edited by STOPSHOUTING
  • Love 1

I find it hard to believe Lucinda, a horny desperate housewife that spent all her free time in the gym, made a pass at Brandon over Deshaun. And later he asks Donna and is funny and sweet and she turns him down to mope after David who was at his bitchiest and most sketch in every category height. GTFO 

• Love 1

I hope the way they eventually wrote him out was revelation he'd had an on-court head injury that made him want to hang out with these obnoxious doofi and he'd now recovered and come to his senses

I don't think he was ever written out, I think he just stopped appearing. Or, "And he was never heard from again".

(edited)
On 8/8/2016 at 8:18 PM, profreader said:

I posted my thoughts re the actor possibly having issues with playing a gay role in the other thread. But, seeing screencaps of them both, I think the recast actor is cuter (for my personal taste at least) and fits more the "gay guy of the 90s" mold. I dug those kind of preppy-ish floppy haircuts.

It is funny how body types have evolved -- is it that gym science (exercise-ology? I'm not a science person) has gotten better? Somehow so many people have figured out the secret to abs and whatnot. At the time I thought Jason Priestly was super cute and I could see the appeal of the others-- but today Brandon, Dylan and David all look like scrawny twigs -- and definitely don't have what "tv bodies" seem to be expected to be nowadays.

Shannen Doherty can be really stunningly beautiful -- she must have been in a very unhappy place in her life, because in the episodes lately she looks unhealthy, strung out and like she just rolled out of the rag bag (to use my grandmother's expression.)

Jack Armstong's cute. He's also, per IMDB, like 36 years old when he played the part. I wonder if part of why they recast Mike was because someone remembered that Steve should look like a kid next to him, not the other way around. LOL. I think it's hysterical they have someone born in the 1950's playing a character that should have been born in like 1972 or so. Reminds me of Hot Gay Grandpa on the 90210 remake. (You know, Trevor Donovan playing a guy born in 1992 when he was alive and kicking in 1978.)

I also really like this gay guy aesthetic of the time period. I dig it- no tattoos, a nice clean look, no scruffy beards, and the guys look like grownups instead of either overgrown little kids or weird lumberjacks. I think it's aged pretty well- my only problem is the lack of pecs. I really like a good set of firm pecs on a guy. Too bad I grew up in the raver/Queer as Folk era which seemed to be about baggy cargos, bleached frosted tips, and white tank tops.

And yeah, the body types are going to start changing fast in a few years to when we hit peak Abercrombie era with Tom Welling. The fashion's changed, but guys are still expected to have bodies like that. Even Dawson's Creek- the guys on that wouldn't have passed muster now, and they were significantly less dadbody than the people on 90210.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
On 8/8/2016 at 9:12 PM, bilgistic said:

I am crying laughing over the animated (but-not-completely) mannequin. She's like the Hall of Presidents at Disney World. ::shuddering::

I also thought Hall of Presidents! But then I decided she was definitely a castoff animatronic wench from the Pirates of the Caribbean. 

On 8/18/2016 at 2:33 PM, FozzyBear said:

I kind of hate Kelly with short hair. She's such a little old church lady at heart to begin with and all the various soccer mom haircuts she favored when she went short really make her into the new Nana in my mind.

On 8/20/2016 at 12:06 AM, AndySmith said:

I liked the short hair initially, when it wasn't too short. Season 6 I think she went for the pixie cut, which, didn't work for me. But the season 5 look, I liked.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17800000/Brandon-and-Kelly-beverly-hills-90210-couples-17811363-768-576.jpg

Kelly's personality got worse with the short hair, but Jennie Garth looked cute with the pixie. I think pixie cuts favor women with small features OR very strong features.

• Love 1