Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Week 2, Night 2

• Start Topic

Well, maybe Josh and Amanda deserve each other. Josh is horrible in the broadest sense of the word, but I really expected a segment of Amanda tearfully telling Nick that he just wasn't the one... or something. Maybe it was edited out? Amanda has been given such a positive edit thus far on the franchise, and this ep made her look downright rude. She and Josh are just pretending Nick isn't even there. I'm glad he didn't take the bait from Daniel to start a confrontation with Josh. He's smart, and Josh has just enough rope to metaphorically hang himself and reveal his true colors.

Josh and Amanda making out in front of Nick was utterly classless. Have they no shame? Oh right, they're famewhores, of course they don't have shame!

Glad Carly came clean with Evan. Too bad Cardboard Brandon picked the twin instead of her. Evan going for Amanda smacks of producer manipulation. It's Bachelor suicide. Any other girl would be a less risky pick for him. Again, I must reiterate, I am baffled as to why every man is dying for Amanda. 

And finally, Sarah has choices! This makes me giddy.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Come to think of it, it is sort of like a reverse of last season's situation where Joe dropped some woman, whose name I can't remember, for the beautiful but wooden Samantha, the moment she walked in.  Joe was a huge villain for being so fickle and some of the men were almost ready to fight him because the girl he made cry was a Single Mother.

Because Joe should have known you don't shoplift the pootie from a single mother. 

• Love 10

Amanda and Josh kissing on the couch was probably very brief.  Each time the camera shot to them it was the exact same clip with the motion slowed down to make it longer than it appeared.  

Christian joined the cast for what?  7 or 8 days at best IF he stays past the next episode?  No way did he choose Sara so quickly.  She is rather plain and missing part of her arm is, unfortunately, not a turn on.  Just being honest here, you have all thought about that.  I don't believe she is interested in Daniel either.  They want him to stay because he is the most entertaining of the group. 

I think Sarah will choose Daniel or vice versa and Christian will get or give a rose to a twin, they want to keep them, too.

I agree with the poster who said she needs a chin length (or just to her shoulders) good cut and color correction.  

Edited by wings707
Added spoiler tags
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Daniel is just the best.  His superficial advice for Evan was actually good!  I'd love to see Daniel give Evan a makeover.

Totally! We need one of those makeover movie montages to "Walking on Sunshine," the required soundtrack for all rom-com movie montages. Evan comes out of the dressing room in various outfits, Daniel gestures for him to give a little spin, nods in disapproval, and sends him back in; after coming out in something silly, Evan will come out in the perfect outfit, and Daniel will give a satisfied nod. They both try on hats and laugh and laugh. Then, the big reveal! Daniel will spin around the hairdresser chair, and there's a clean-shaven Evan, with hair swooped back (apparently "the" look according to this past season) rather than combed to the front/side. Amanda will drop Josh's face mid-kiss and rush to him with her rose. Carly will fall to her knees and curse the sky that she let him get away. Daniel will be standing in the background and give a little fist-pump cheer. Sarah will be so taken with Daniel's generous spirit in helping Evan that she'll grab his hand and they'll walk off into the sunset to live happily ever after.

• Love 24

Daniel is growing on me, though I still think his Day 1 comments were more asshole-y than dry humor.

Amanda and Josh are doing their best to get as much camera time as possible--I don't think they were making out as much as was showed, but it's all they've got to be semi-interesting.

Christian is gorgeous!  These are the details I miss out on by only watching this show & not The Bachelor/ette.

Jared is so boring!  He was boring last season too, but at least Ashley I brought her crazy to balance him out.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, PTVjones said:

Does anyone else think if Nick did to Amanda what Amanda is doing to Nick, Nick would be seen as a total a**hole and whatever new girl he'd be making out with would be seen as some kind of slut?

From the way the whole Nick-Amandaa-Josh thing is edited, it complete looks like Amanda went on the date with Josh and began to make out with him ever since with no conversation with Nick that she's no longer into him. If the situation was reversed and Nick did that to Amanda (who was so dreadfully boring on Ben's season and is no different on BIP) then Nick would be vilified for doing that to beautiful mother Amanda who's looking for a father for her children. I think it's just really hypocritical on the show's part to give Amanda a pass on that. Say what you will about Carly but at least she told Evan to his face and didn't just blatantly make out with someone in front of his face. 

See, I think the karma of Nick having done to Leah what Josh did to him is being lost here. Leah got pretty unsympathetic treatment, but she invites Nick on a date, they make out, she feels he's her guy, but then boom, Nick gets a date card and invites Amanda out on a date--no advance notice to Leah that he's not into her. So Nick and Amanda were all lovey dovey making out in front of Leah but no one feels bad for Leah. Now that Nick is getting a taste of that medicine, I'm not feeling bad for him.

Geez, it's just like high school back in the day.

• Love 10

I don't know if it's truly fair to expect two people to be a monogamous couple after one day, one date, and some kisses. It used to be much more acceptable to go on casual dates with different people until a couple agreed they were a couple. Nowadays a lot of people seem to go immediately from "We like each other" to "We must not see anyone else." I don't know that that's actually healthy without a bit of time to get to know each other first. (Not that I am suggesting anyone on this show is healthy, relationship-wise.)

That said, if someone I liked kissed me one day and then spent the next day playing tonsil hockey with someone else with no explanation (which may or may not be true), I doubt my reaction would be to pine for them. I'd be hurt, but I'd be angry at them. I sure wouldn't want them back.

Edited by simplyme
  • Love 6

I don't think Nick made out with Amanda in front of Leah, unless I missed it. Also, when he was given the date card, before he asked Amanda out, he did say that the point was to keep an open mind, which I think was his way of saying that he wasn't going to immediately commit to one person. The thing is though, I didn't get the impression Nick was mad at Amanda. The whole storyline is more that Josh seems disingenuous and that he went after Amanda specifically because Nick had gone out with her because he and Nick have a not so pleasant history. So that's why I think more people are being #teamNick and not liking Josh because they think that Josh just came across very smarmy and fake and with an agenda. YMMV. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Well, maybe Josh and Amanda deserve each other. Josh is horrible in the broadest sense of the word, but I really expected a segment of Amanda tearfully telling Nick that he just wasn't the one... or something. Maybe it was edited out? Amanda has been given such a positive edit thus far on the franchise, and this ep made her look downright rude. She and Josh are just pretending Nick isn't even there. I'm glad he didn't take the bait from Daniel to start a confrontation with Josh. He's smart, and Josh has just enough rope to metaphorically hang himself and reveal his true colors.

Yeah, I was wondering as well.  She seems like a sweet girl, so I was expecting her to go to him and say, "Look, I'm sorry, I had fun with you on our date, but I'm more interested in Josh.  Are you ok with that?"  Instead, we have her making out with Josh right in front of Nick, we see them holding hands walking away right in front of Nick, etc.  I don't think we've even seen them talk at all since Josh arrived.  It just seems so odd.  So either it really went down this way, or editing is done to make her look like a beeyatch due to her relationship with villain Josh.

I thought after the Daniel advice to go start a confrontation, we saw Nick approaching them, or at least perhaps I remember that from the preview?  Maybe that was just a confusing edit in the commercial tease to make it look like there was going to be a fight.  Just like the part where Josh said "Well, Amanda and I have a pretty good thing going on so I don't think you're going to get very far with that" was really directed towards Christian, but in last week's preview it made it seem like he was saying it to Nick.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Josh and Amanda making out in front of Nick was utterly classless. Have they no shame? Oh right, they're famewhores, of course they don't have shame!

On this show, you've gotta check your shame at the door, and on the way back you have to declare it with customs and even then they might not let you back into the US.

• Love 11

The cast's view of Amanda strikes me as a textbook example of cognitive dissonance. They don't like Josh and like Amanda (which may be a perfectly justifiable belief), so it doesn't even register to them that Amanda is equally responsible for what's happened. It's like when your worst enemy gives a generous charitable donation, your first reaction isn't to be happy for the recipients.

• Love 5

I think this whole summer show is just a fun interlude for the participants, the producers, and us--the "find true love" aspect really isn't in play like we try to believe with the regular series, and it's also fun that no one is expected to be part of the regular series. So if Josh plays Nick against Amanda or Nick plays Amanda against Leah, I'm laughing just like the producers hoped I would. 

I admit I'm 100 percent #teamjorge

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 8

I'll be honest... 

This season seems to be stuck on blonde.  So much so that I have a hard time remembering who is who and sometimes feel when they are grouped together that I'm looking at a bamboo floor.  They all seem to fade into one.

Was Clairol in charge of placing these babes?  

shopping.jpg

• Love 3

Oooh Daniel, what a surprise you turned out to be. Strange yes, but seems to be the most intuitive of the bunch. He spot on noticed the fakeness of Josh right off the bat. That big false smile plastered on his face screams " trust me, like me, I'm really a nice guy". I never fall for that smiling Jack ploy. 

Those disgusting slurping wet her whole face kisses with wide open mouth Josh is planting on Amanda..anybody else wanna puke, like me? How revolting. Let me tell you guys.. no woman wants their face covered with your slurpy spit.

Still on Daniel here tho. Whooda thunk that soaring proud eagle of a guy with such unachievable high standards for attractiveness among this group of very pretty women would become, and show his vulnerable side for Sarah, the beautiful bird with the broken wing,  I love that he's more cerebral than we've given him credit for. He's unique and funny without even trying to be. I hope Sarah gives him the rose.

• Love 11

Evan! What's wrong with him? Nothing as far as I'm concerned. He seems to be the most well mannered, and gentlemanly one of the bunch. Sure he's the nurturing sensitive type, but that's what you want after you've had your fill of face slurping macho men posturing gets old. They don't help with the dishes or kids. They're too cool and "manly" for that. 

So he's not big on muscle building, nor projecting false machoism to try to impress the ladies. Nope, he just acts like himself, who he is, and he is a kind and loving man from what I can see. He's the catch Carley, not you. How mean it was of you to speak like that of him on camera behind his back when all he was, was nice to you and showed interest, like what this whole show is supposed to be about. 

As for him (Evan) provoking the Chad, well who can blame him? People who wear big red flashing lights pointing at themselves are bound to get responses I would have been drawn to respond to such over the top look at me-ism too, concerning Chad the bad.

I think Evan is good looking, has an interesting face, and is not one of the pompadored  false bravado he-men marching around like roosters. He's just being real, and I think that's being more brave amongst this bunch, than any muscle man's "act".

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

See, I think the karma of Nick having done to Leah what Josh did to him is being lost here. Leah got pretty unsympathetic treatment, but she invites Nick on a date, they make out, she feels he's her guy, but then boom, Nick gets a date card and invites Amanda out on a date--no advance notice to Leah that he's not into her. So Nick and Amanda were all lovey dovey making out in front of Leah but no one feels bad for Leah. Now that Nick is getting a taste of that medicine, I'm not feeling bad for him.

I read that differently. Nick and Amanda were into each other from the start. Leah picked Nick for a date anyway as her plan B after Chad wasn't available. Leah was ridiculous on the date and had no connection with Nick, so Nick asked out Amanda next, with a polite explanation about getting to know different people. Then, when Leah asked Nick what he was going to do, he was honest and told her he was choosing Amanda so Leah would have a chance to connect with someone else. How much better could he have handled it, short of proposing to Leah at the end out of politeness?

Amanda was full-on moony-eyed for Nick from the beginning and jealous of Leah, but then dropped him for his nemesis in five seconds. It's not the worst thing I've ever seen, but no, I don't think Nick is due any kind of comeuppance on this show, or any Bachelor show.

• Love 11

Those silly twins! They are cute and funny and add humor to this show but I don't see how either of them can make a connection if 5 mins into the date they have to play the switcharoo game. That Brandon did seem like he sensed something different after the switch tho I think he was more involved in making his speaking voice sound deeper and lower than it actually is. It sounded unnatural and forced. Good luck to you tho Brandon! I hope and wish true love is found by all truly searching for it!

• Love 3

I really think Evan was only cast on the bachelorette because of his job.  He just doesn't belong here.  Here's my real problem with him though.   I actually love nerdy guys. The dorkier the better.  But I only like it when they own their dorkiness.  I don't consider myself unattractive and some people don't find the women on these show attractive but they certainly for the mold of conventionally pretty.  I know that if I were cast on this show I'd look around and be like,  what the hell am I doing here?  I don't fit in here!  Evan really doesn't seem to realize that he doesn't fit the mold of the bachelorguys.   It's fine that he doesn't, it just annoys me that he doesn't realize it.  Like James Taylor from Jojo's season.  He was more.attractive to me when he acknowledged.that he wasn't like those guys although it did end up at a needy place which was annoying.

And I'm already annoyed with Evan for bad mouthing Josh.  Like others have said, don't be a tattle tale.   Grow a pair.  Girls may stupidly fall for the guy who pulls their hair or the guy who defends them when their hair gets pulled but they never fall for the guy whining about how the hair puller or the defender aren't as nice as him.  

• Love 8

Tho I do like Evan, I also agree with everything ally862 just posted too.

Your right, he doesn't seem to notice he doesn't fit in with this bunch. Most likely he doesn't fit into many bunches and he's just used to being odd man out.

13 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

Tho I do like Evan, I also agree with everything ally862 just posted too.

Your right, he doesn't seem to notice he doesn't fit in with this bunch. Most likely he doesn't fit into many bunches and he's just used to being odd man out.

Thanks.  I hate to say it because I feel like I should feel bad for people like that but they just annoy me.  I think it's because I find self awareness attractive.   To be fair though, I don't think most of the guys on this show have that quality.  They're just unaware of different flaws than Evan.  I think that's why I like Wells so much.  He was the first one to acknowledge he isn't the big muscular guy like the others but he was still confident in who he is.  

• Love 1

I find it hard to have any sympathy for Evan. He's weird and ugly by TV standards maybe, but not in real life. (Not judging, I'm weird and ugly too). He signed himself for not one, but TWO reality television shows.  There are many nice, normal women everywhere who would love to date a decent looking, kind, gainfully employed single father but for some reason he didn't think that was good enough for him.  So when mean girls like Carly, the twins, Amanda, etc. blow him off for the Gaston's of the world he really only has himself to blame.

• Love 21
34 minutes ago, ally862 said:

I really think Evan was only cast on the bachelorette because of his job.  He just doesn't belong here.  Here's my real problem with him though.   I actually love nerdy guys. The dorkier the better.  But I only like it when they own their dorkiness.  I don't consider myself unattractive and some people don't find the women on these show attractive but they certainly for the mold of conventionally pretty.  I know that if I were cast on this show I'd look around and be like,  what the hell am I doing here?  I don't fit in here!  Evan really doesn't seem to realize that he doesn't fit the mold of the bachelorguys.   It's fine that he doesn't, it just annoys me that he doesn't realize it.  Like James Taylor from Jojo's season.  He was more.attractive to me when he acknowledged.that he wasn't like those guys although it did end up at a needy place which was annoying.

And I'm already annoyed with Evan for bad mouthing Josh.  Like others have said, don't be a tattle tale.   Grow a pair.  Girls may stupidly fall for the guy who pulls their hair or the guy who defends them when their hair gets pulled but they never fall for the guy whining about how the hair puller or the defender aren't as nice as him.  

For some reason, Evan reminds me of Milhouse from The Simpsons.  Like, he can't take a hint, he pines after a girl who's not in love with him, and he's just primed to always play the second banana (as it were).  Can't you just see him thinking "If she sees you’ll do anything for her, she’s bound to respect you!"

• Love 5

Personally I don't see why Evan agreed to come on this show.  Sure, he was on Bachelorette looking for love, even though he probably didn't know that he was cast as sort of the misfit geek nerd and because he makes men have boners.  But he should have known that BIP is all about the superficial - the looks, the muscles, the game, the confidence - all of which he has NONE.  Why would he come on the show?  The only possible outcome was to make him look like a pathetic buffoon.  He is delusional and stupid to think he can compete with the Josh's and Nick's of the world, at least when it comes to plucking a girl from Bachelor nation.

• Love 7

Yeah chocolatine, I forgot about that , his snooping in Chads bags. That was creepy, and unacceptable. I guess I just feel protective  towards haven't got a chance in Hell nerds, when they try to fit in, but never will. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, huahaha said:

I feel that Evan should start wearing a cape, learn a few circus arts, and hang out with the polyamorous crowd. He'd be a hit.

Lol!  I'm not even sure what all this means, but Evan doing circus tricks in a cape is a great idea.   Maybe Carly can cut him in half and make both of them disappear.   

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Lol!  I'm not even sure what all this means, but Evan doing circus tricks in a cape is a great idea.   Maybe Carly can cut him in half and make both of them disappear.   

All of the poly people I know are bizarrely impressed with circus arts (silks, magic, etc.). I don't know what the correlation is, but it's there. Evan would fit right in, though he seems set on going after cheerleaders. He thinks his life should be spent tanning and barbecuing in the backyard. I think he'd be happier going to Ren Faires and playing Carcassonne. He just hasn't found his people yet. They are not on BiP.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, huahaha said:

All of the poly people I know are bizarrely impressed with circus arts (silks, magic, etc.). I don't know what the correlation is, but it's there. Evan would fit right in, though he seems set on going after cheerleaders. He thinks his life should be spent tanning and barbecuing in the backyard. I think he'd be happier going to Ren Faires and playing Carcassonne. He just hasn't found his people yet. They are not on BiP.

Haha I'm not poly but I love Ren faires and carcassonne!  I told you, I own my nerdiness haha. 

• Love 1

On a separate note, I actually felt bad for the twins this episode. They said they'd always been too scared to pull the switch, and when they finally did, the truth came out... Surprise! No one can tell them apart. Emily even tried to be pretty obvious - not flirty, different tone of voice, disinterested body language. And the poor dude couldn't sense that something was wrong. For all of the pluses of being a twin, that has to be hard to take.

• Love 1

I'm sure the Doublemint Twins thing gets them a lot of attention. Plus, neither girl wants to give up the long blonde hair. They do live in Vegas, after all! I don't think they mind when people confuse them generally. But how do you fall in love and feel like it's real if the person you're interested in doesn't care whether he gets you or your sister?

• Love 3
On 8/9/2016 at 11:39 PM, Irritable said:

The end of this episode was a little like watching a horror movie for me.  I wanted to scream at the television, "No, Evan!  NOOOOOOOO!  Don't do it!  Turn around!"

I actually had to pause it and collect/brace myself for a moment before continuing. Seriously Evan??

14 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Does anyone find the slurping and moaning and visible saliva remotely sexy?  It makes my stomach turn.  It is such a mood killer, and if any guy I dated ever "uh-uh-uh'd" while kissing me it would have been the last time.

Someone mentioned it being like a porn movie up in there and they were totally right, that was all I could think of is that the villain from Something About Mary (cant unsee that parallel now) was moaning like a porn star while kissing. Not to mention I was waiting for one of them to pass out from dehydration and have to get an IV. He is just 20 kinds of heinous.

• Love 1

Oh my god.  That scene with the three couples kissing on a divan or whatever reminds me of that time I watched '70s porn.

Oh, you mean the "sexy six?"  I couldn't tell who amongst the sexy six started that obnoxious phrase, but once the others thought it was worthy of repeating 25 times I almost lost it.  

I hold a throw pillow with fringe over my eyes while watching Amanda and Josh.  The fringe blocks out much of the scene and I can still hear the voice overs.  I started using the pillow block when I tried watching scary movies with my husband.   It works well for any disturbing images.

Hopefully you have ear plugs too.  

• Love 2

All of the poly people I know are bizarrely impressed with circus arts (silks, magic, etc.). I don't know what the correlation is, but it's there. 

Haha...I've known some of these too. I think it's because they tend to be creative and theatrical. Lots of actors and artists and yes,  Ren Faire types. Lookswise Evan would absolutely fit in! He should probably learn how to kiss, though.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Those silly twins! They are cute and funny and add humor to this show but I don't see how either of them can make a connection if 5 mins into the date they have to play the switcharoo game. That Brandon did seem like he sensed something different after the switch tho I think he was more involved in making his speaking voice sound deeper and lower than it actually is. It sounded unnatural and forced. Good luck to you tho Brandon! I hope and wish true love is found by all truly searching for it!

I agree.  I'm sure that someone in production encouraged them to switch, but pulling a stunt like that so early in getting to know a guy has the potential to ruin any chance of romance.  If a guy can't trust that you are who you say you are, why would he want to start a relationship?

• Love 5

Daniel's chyron read Canadian under his name. These must be the happiest chyron people in Hollywood; they get to have fun!

I keep.saying "have you tried dating someone not from The Bachelor?" when Carly moans about Finding Mr Right.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Oooh Daniel, what a surprise you turned out to be. Strange yes, but seems to be the most intuitive of the bunch. He spot on noticed the fakeness of Josh right off the bat. That big false smile plastered on his face screams " trust me, like me, I'm really a nice guy". 

I'm with you, Sassycat. Daniel's got a lot more going on upstairs than I'd first thought and is certainly deeper than most of the folks there. His comment about making someone laugh was sweet, and I get the whole thing about respecting people who want to get to know you. He seems to be able to see past superficiality, and maybe that's why he was the only one who hasn't gotten their panties into a bunch over Chad.

Hoping he doesn't turn out to be a d-bag as he's become my new favorite to watch. And I can't believe I just said that.

The twins crack me up. There's something childlike and innocent about them. I mean, they make petty comments but they don't seem jaded and hard like some of the other folks who have been around the block a few times. Is Ashley I joining? It'll be interesting to see them interact.

Evan...I don't care what the producers are promising you. Stop and think about what you're doing. I feel bad for him in that he really has no clue he's being manipulated (or does and doesn't care) by the show but not that bad because he's A GROWN ADULT.

Edited by kazza
  • Love 8

I don't know if it's truly fair to expect two people to be a monogamous couple after one day, one date, and some kisses. It used to be much more acceptable to go on casual dates with different people until a couple agreed they were a couple. Nowadays a lot of people seem to go immediately from "We like each other" to "We must not see anyone else." I don't know that that's actually healthy without a bit of time to get to know each other first. (Not that I am suggesting anyone on this show is healthy, relationship-wise.)

I still think the motivation is getting a rose to stay on the show as long as they can rather than finding someone.  Most of the people who are SO upset that their 1st date partner is hooking up with someone else are more upset they might not survive the next rose ceremony than being actually jealous.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, mertensia said:

Daniel's chyron read Canadian under his name. These must be the happiest chyron people in Hollywood; they get to have fun!

I keep.saying "have you tried dating someone not from The Bachelor?" when Carly moans about Finding Mr Right.

Carly was actually dating someone not from the show a while back. I think he was also a musician of some sort from Nashville and she took him to Janner's wedding. I thought they seemed like a good match, but then he dumped her in February. No idea why she can't seem to hold onto a guy. Maybe they get sick of her trash talking.

• Love 2

I can't stand Evan.  He's delusional and clueless.  So the most homely (by bip standards) chick on the show isn't into you so y decide to go for the most popular girl who is very obviously happily coupled up?? And then he talks shit about Josh.  He's nothing more than a whiny little punk.  He seems to suffer from short man syndrome by being weirdly aggressive toward men who are obviously more fit and coukd easily kick his ass.  I'm guessing Evan suffers from tiny penis syndrome since he's not short in heightheight.  And he's so gross and efimenete.  And has no self awareness.  Just yuck. 

I wonder who will save nick.  Seems like he's just hanging out and not putting any effort into getting to know anyone who is left.  Loved that the new guy dissed carly and asked Haley out.  Thought the twin thing was mean and stupidly immature.  That guy has been around the twins for like five minutes  why should he be expected to tell them apart. 

I don't think anyone is that into Sarah.  I think they see her As a good strategy to get a rose.  That no one else will go after her so their spot is secure until someone they really wanted to meet comes along.  I would bet Daniel doesn't give Sarah his next rose If he sticks around.  The guy gushing over Sarah seemed fake. I suspect she's a producer plant. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Oooh Daniel, what a surprise you turned out to be. Strange yes, but seems to be the most intuitive of the bunch. He spot on noticed the fakeness of Josh right off the bat. That big false smile plastered on his face screams " trust me, like me, I'm really a nice guy". I never fall for that smiling Jack ploy. 

Still on Daniel here tho. Whooda thunk that soaring proud eagle of a guy with such unachievable high standards for attractiveness among this group of very pretty women would become, and show his vulnerable side for Sarah, the beautiful bird with the broken wing,  I love that he's more cerebral than we've given him credit for. He's unique and funny without even trying to be. I hope Sarah gives him the rose.

I wish I could figure Daniel out a little better. Some of his talking heads are so bizarre, I hope those are an act. His scene with Sarah on the bed was adorable and I could totally understand his appeal there, but those spacey interview clips where he gets lost in his own metaphors, I don't know. 

He's more entertaining to me than Ashley S. ever was and people do seem to genuinely like him. 

Brandon was such a robot on that date, zero emotion. It did seem like he knew something was different when they switched. 

As for the twins, I don't think either one of them is ever going to make a connection with anyone else as long as they have each other (which the show has guaranteed will be the case for their entire stay). 

I don't even see Evan as "kind". He was the first to provoke Chad on the Bachelorette with the steroids jokes, even tried to physically push him (which he tried to deny, but we all saw the footage), then whined and tattled to JoJo that Chad ripped his shirt. On BIP, he made snide comments about Chad before Chad even arrived, then took it upon himself to snoop around Chad's luggage for protein powder. He's a weaselly little shit-stirrer.

Evan is a classic "nice guy" (aka average looking guy with sky high standards who blames his inability to bag a supermodel on the fact that "women like bad boys" or whatever). 

His behavior with Chad and what looks to be the same shit again with Josh shows that he still believes that if he can take down the competition, he may "win" by default. It doesn't work that way, but he's clearly hanging onto that hope. 

Oh, you mean the "sexy six?"  I couldn't tell who amongst the sexy six started that obnoxious phrase, but once the others thought it was worthy of repeating 25 times I almost lost it.  

I still cannot believe that anything in that scene was occurring between actual adults and not 7th graders. Who the hell sits in a row making out and then gives themselves a "cool" group nickname?? Like, is this their first couples-only, makeout party because somebody's parents are out of town? So embarrassing. 

• Love 17

I fail to understand what the big deal is with Amanda and Josh.  I thought it was obvious that TPTB were playing editing tricks with their make-out sessions. I don't think they were kissing in front of everyone.  They may have been in sight of the group, but I suspect that they were reasonably separate, not sitting right in front of them.

I admit to skipping scenes, so I guess I missed the ones that implied Josh picked Amanda to stick it to Nick.  Nick didn't seem particularly bothered - most of the controversy seems to be discussed in talking heads/voiceover vs the interaction shown.  Amanda didn't owe Nick much - they'd been on one date (and honestly, Nick's interest on the date registered to me as only a few notches above Leah's - difference was he was physically attracted to Amanda).   Even if Nick and Amanda were interested in each other from the start, it's been what, 2-3 days? Nick will be just fine.  I thought the drama was overblown when it was Joe and Juelia, and here as well.  I understand Josh comes off disingenuous, but I'm not seeing this villain yet. There's so little to mine from these people that they have to manufacture drama.   

Evan and Carly are interesting to me because I see some parallels with the Carly and Kirk interactions from the previous season.  I don't think Kirk was physically repulsed by Carly, but he was never that into her, and was clear early on about moving too fast (not opinion - he's shown saying those words on camera).  But much like Evan, Carly ignored the obvious. Either Kirk was classy enough not to trash Carly on camera, or TPTB didn't show it.  I was highly entertained by Brandon picking one of the twins for the date over Carly.

1 hour ago, Palomar said:

I still think the motivation is getting a rose to stay on the show as long as they can rather than finding someone.  Most of the people who are SO upset that their 1st date partner is hooking up with someone else are more upset they might not survive the next rose ceremony than being actually jealous.

This. 

I really want to like Sarah, but her voice is as annoying as Baby Dragon Face (hat tip to JudyObscure).

• Love 6

I really just don't even know what to make of Daniel anymore. Half the time, he's a weird combination of seriously full of himself and making no sense whatsoever (his onion conversation on the last episode was so baffling to... Sarah? that she wasn't even sure how to continue the conversation), and the other half, he seems actually insightful and genuinely sweet. I think he went for Sarah initially as a safety thing, but I think he's found himself actually into her in spite of himself. And I do find that fascinating, because I really would not have predicted that one of the most seemingly shallow people this show has ever seen would pick the woman with one arm. I am legitimately very intrigued by their relationship. I kind of can't help rooting for it.

Josh and Amanda... probably were not in fact making out all day, but they were doing it enough that several people commented on how thoroughly their lips were glued together, so I have to assume it was more than just a brief session that we were treated to over and over again. For her sake, I truly hope that his moans were dubbed in and not actually happening while they were making out, because seriously? Tone it down a notch.

And Evan, the answer to your "why not?" question is that there is no possible good outcome for you in going after probably the most unavailable woman in the joint. Particularly not while she's actually in the process of making out with someone else. The sheer cluelessness and, frankly, thoughtlessness of interrupting people who are that, well, busy is staggering. Unless there's actually a fire, leave them be. If you insist on this foolhardy plan, and least pick a better moment. On the other hand, maybe he just needs to work though his self-sabotage issues with a therapist, because that's really the only reason I can see that he would embark on this terrible, terrible idea. That and producer shenanigans, naturally.

I also think that pulling a switcheroo on a guy who's known you for all of two minutes is really just setting him up to fail. A few more rose ceremonies down the line, maybe, but at this point, honestly, what do you expect? And I agree with those who observed that he did seem to sense that something was up, so I don't think he was quite as clueless as they're making him out to be.

Finally, I'm finding this whole show and its premise kind of fascinating. On one hand, it is the trashiest, tackiest trainwreck of a concept. On the other hand, I actually find the idea that these people could find love more believable in this context than on the Bachelor/ette main shows. On the main show, there just really isn't that much time to truly get to know each other. Here, though, there's nothing but time. Yes, there's definitely some shallowness in initial attraction, and plenty of possibility for distraction. But if you do find a connection, and focus on that and spend time together talking (and getting physical — that's an important part of a relationship too), and you get to the end still into this person, I suspect there's a decent chance you can actually make something out of that. I certainly imagine that any couple who leaves the show as a couple probably knows each other better than most Bachelor/ette couples know each other by the end of their seasons.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, kingshearte said:

Finally, I'm finding this whole show and its premise kind of fascinating. On one hand, it is the trashiest, tackiest trainwreck of a concept. On the other hand, I actually find the idea that these people could find love more believable in this context than on the Bachelor/ette main shows. On the main show, there just really isn't that much time to truly get to know each other. Here, though, there's nothing but time. Yes, there's definitely some shallowness in initial attraction, and plenty of possibility for distraction. But if you do find a connection, and focus on that and spend time together talking (and getting physical — that's an important part of a relationship too), and you get to the end still into this person, I suspect there's a decent chance you can actually make something out of that. I certainly imagine that any couple who leaves the show as a couple probably knows each other better than most Bachelor/ette couples know each other by the end of their seasons.

All this, plus there are just more choices for everyone. There's not one single person who everyone else is forced to be interested in or their time on the show is over.

For people like Jade and Tanner, who basically got together on day 1 and never wavered, what an awesome thing to get to spend 3 weeks hanging out on a beach with someone you like and your friends. 

And Evan, the answer to your "why not?" question is that there is no possible good outcome for you in going after probably the most unavailable woman in the joint. Particularly not while she's actually in the process of making out with someone else. The sheer cluelessness and, frankly, thoughtlessness of interrupting people who are that, well, busy is staggering. Unless there's actually a fire, leave them be. If you insist on this foolhardy plan, and least pick a better moment. On the other hand, maybe he just needs to work though his self-sabotage issues with a therapist, because that's really the only reason I can see that he would embark on this terrible, terrible idea. That and producer shenanigans, naturally.

For Evan's sake, I truly hope he's being egged on by producers or flat out offered something in exchange for making a complete fool of himself. If he genuinely thinks he has a shot...bless his heart. 

Josh and Amanda... probably were not in fact making out all day, but they were doing it enough that several people commented on how thoroughly their lips were glued together, so I have to assume it was more than just a brief session that we were treated to over and over again. For her sake, I truly hope that his moans were dubbed in and not actually happening while they were making out, because seriously? Tone it down a notch.

I'm a little bit fascinated by the fact that they truly seem to be in another world. When Evan interrupts them, it almost looks like they both just woke up. I mean, good for them if they're THAT into each other, but I just don't think I could forget about all the people around plus the cameras. Or maybe they're just super drunk...;)

• Love 1