Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S03.E03: Week 2, Night 2

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Or maybe they're just super drunk...;)

Speaking of super drunk that reminds me of the hilarity of one of the twins getting smashed off half a beer before her date. Classic. She had definitely reached that crying and/or telling everyone you love them point.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, kingshearte said:

I really just don't even know what to make of Daniel anymore. Half the time, he's a weird combination of seriously full of himself and making no sense whatsoever (his onion conversation on the last episode was so baffling to... Sarah? that she wasn't even sure how to continue the conversation)

I actually thought Daniel was just playing with her head, as in, is this chick sort of dumb, or really dumb. My (very intelligent) DH does this kind of stuff all the time.  I mean, any halfway intelligent person should be able to come up with a snappy response rather than just go blank.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Given Evan's habit of going after the alpha male, I have a feeling he very specifically picked Amanda and decided to interrupt their make out session specifically because he wanted to tick off Josh. He seems to enjoy provoking the macho types. I think he's hoping she's too nice to say no so, although he knows it isn't going to go anywhere, at least that's one hour (or however long these dates last) that he got one over big bad Josh. He can't possibly think he has an actual chance with Amanda. Right?

I kind of fell a little bit in love with Daniel and Sarah. Their talk felt about 98.9% more genuine than anything that has happened on this show. And they are kind of adorable around each other. Keep it up you two.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Finally, I'm finding this whole show and its premise kind of fascinating. On one hand, it is the trashiest, tackiest trainwreck of a concept. On the other hand, I actually find the idea that these people could find love more believable in this context than on the Bachelor/ette main shows. On the main show, there just really isn't that much time to truly get to know each other. Here, though, there's nothing but time. Yes, there's definitely some shallowness in initial attraction, and plenty of possibility for distraction. But if you do find a connection, and focus on that and spend time together talking (and getting physical — that's an important part of a relationship too), and you get to the end still into this person, I suspect there's a decent chance you can actually make something out of that. I certainly imagine that any couple who leaves the show as a couple probably knows each other better than most Bachelor/ette couples know each other by the end of their seasons.

Like the poster above, I agree. The show is clearly treated as the franchise's tacky and cheap cousin (which is probably why the producers don't even make much effort to make sure the couples hide after filming is over) but in my opinion, this show creates a better opportunity for two people to build something rather than being one of 25 women/guys competing for one person. Now this is not to say that I still don't think getting engaged at the end is stupid but there's certainly way more opportunity for the two people to have spent more than a few hours together like on the Bachelor/ette.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, kingshearte said:

I really just don't even know what to make of Daniel anymore. Half the time, he's a weird combination of seriously full of himself and making no sense whatsoever (his onion conversation on the last episode was so baffling to... Sarah? that she wasn't even sure how to continue the conversation), and the other half, he seems actually insightful and genuinely sweet. I think he went for Sarah initially as a safety thing, but I think he's found himself actually into her in spite of himself. And I do find that fascinating, because I really would not have predicted that one of the most seemingly shallow people this show has ever seen would pick the woman with one arm. I am legitimately very intrigued by their relationship. I kind of can't help rooting for it.

I agree.  When he arrived, he was disappointed at how unattractive all the women are.  (??)  and said that only the twins were attractive.  So I expected him to be way too shallow to be interested in Sarah. 

Daniel often has a weird posture.  Not always. but on B'ette and BiP, there have been a few shots of him with his back arched in an odd and unappealing way.  I wonder what that's about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, backformore said:

Daniel often has a weird posture.  Not always. but on B'ette and BiP, there have been a few shots of him with his back arched in an odd and unappealing way.  I wonder what that's about.

He has an unusually long torso.  Maybe an extra vertebra?  And pronounced lordosis, especially noticeable when he's humping his butt up in the air.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I've noticed Daniel's long torso, too.  He'd make a good swimmer.  Actually I've grown fond of him and I'm worried that Sarah will hurt him. 

Last year, Sarah dumped one guy to chase  Robert after he arrived and was having his moment of popularity..  Then the show had that mass Fantasy Suite night, and Robert chose not to have sex with her.  She was fine with "taking the relationship slow," until the next morning when the other women were talking about their wild hot sexy times and she decided Robert had failed and unceremoniously broke up with him. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

I agree.  When he arrived, he was disappointed at how unattractive all the women are.  (??)  and said that only the twins were attractive.  So I expected him to be way too shallow to be interested in Sarah. 

Now that we've gotten to know Daniel a bit better, I think all of his strange analogies--including comparing the girls to pigeons rather than eagles, etc.--is his way of being funny. We've seen other clips of him being very deadpan (pretending to be naked under his towel on 'ette comes to mind) and then laughing and saying he's joking, so now I see that he has a similar sense of humor to my husband--which has taken me a decade to "get"! I always tell my husband he's not funny because he'll say these things that aren't true but act like they are true and everyone is all "Huh?" and then he'll crack HIMSELF up over his joke. Daniel has that same kind of serious delivery that you're left wondering what the heck he's talking about, but he comes up with the most elaborate analogies for ANY situation that are absurdly clever or cleverly absurd. Episode 1 of this season I was down on him for his overuse of negative analogies about the girls--which was a MASSIVE letdown after his brilliant Hitler/Mussolini analogy. But especially after his talk with Sarah that everyone just sees him as a jokester and don't get to know the real him underneath that, I firmly believe that all of these analogies--including the seemingly insulting ones--are all part of the funnyman exterior that people don't understand about him.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

 Episode 1 of this season I was down on him for his overuse of negative analogies about the girls--which was a MASSIVE letdown after his brilliant Hitler/Mussolini analogy.

I don't think he'll ever be able to top the Hitler/Mussolini analogy. It's like Joseph Heller's Catch-22.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

I've noticed Daniel's long torso, too.  He'd make a good swimmer.  Actually I've grown fond of him and I'm worried that Sarah will hurt him. 

Last year, Sarah dumped one guy to chase  Robert after he arrived and was having his moment of popularity..  Then the show had that mass Fantasy Suite night, and Robert chose not to have sex with her.  She was fine with "taking the relationship slow," until the next morning when the other women were talking about their wild hot sexy times and she decided Robert had failed and unceremoniously broke up with him. 

Too bad he doesn't have broad shoulders, eh?

I totally forgot about Sarah and Robert.  She's just so boring and easily influenced.  Hope she goes soon, although she seems to be Miss Popularity now.  Do you think Christian is just using her because he thought he could easily get a rose out of her?  Perhaps she's the Girl-Next-Door type that guys fantasize about?  Pretty-ish, but not intimidating?  I guess she's a good listener?  That's all I got.

I'm so bored with the women this season.  Not a single one I'd want to have a conversation with.  They're just comic relief.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, backformore said:

 

Daniel often has a weird posture.  Not always. but on B'ette and BiP, there have been a few of him with his back arched in an odd and unappealing way.  I wonder what that's about.

I have to admit that ever since I saw him that day on the bachelorette working out with Chad outside on the deck, I've been calling him the silverback.

He was bent over doing one arm weight lifting and his elongated torso and posture looked just like a silverback gorilla. He looks fine to me now tho, because I like him bette after getting to know him a bit better watching him on this franchise.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

What is 'wrong' with Carly.   Seriously.  She is cute.  Her hair is a disaster yes.  Why is she friend-zoned or not appealing to men?   She's not 'sexy' maybe??  She has a cute face and a decent body.  I don't think she's any less 'pretty'--feature for feature-- than most /all the girls there.   What should Carly do to get in the game?  

The silverback gorilla reference...YES!  That was it.  Very odd.  

Yes Evan might seem all "nice guy' acting and "do the dishes and help with the kids" stuff (sorry it's too far back to quote)  but at the end of the night you'd have to sleep with him  and Eeeaah...No.  Weenie..whiney and I'm telling you -- passive-aggressive.  You'll want to kill him in his sleep and not know why.   

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/10/2016 at 10:15 AM, wings707 said:

Christian joined the cast for what?  7 or 8 days at best IF he stays past the next episode?  No way did he choose Sara so quickly.  She is rather plain and missing part of her arm is, unfortunately, not a turn on.  Just being honest here, you have all thought about that.  

Nope, I have never thought about that at all. That's weird to think missing limbs are either turn-offs or turn-ons. It's actually kind of messed up. I mean sure, if it's a missing penis on a dude, that can actually put a damper on sexual intimacy, but you don't need to have two whole arms to be considered sexy and attractive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

In all honesty, I find Sarah's missing forearm to be....distracting....unusual. That's not to say it is something one couldn't get very used to, but it is just different, and not something I am used to seeing. She seems very sweet, but she seems very superficial in her own right. She is definitely a pretty girl, but when I see her I have always "seen" the missing forearm. It doesnt make her any less attractive, but it is still kind of shocking to my system. Looks like I am superficial and shallow too

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Was Christian also in the military, or am I making that up? If he was, then he may have an affinity for...no, not quite the word, not really appreciation or understanding, either... But he may have people he cares about who have lost limbs in a war, and thus he may have a more open heart to Sarah's life experience than the average Joe Civilian.

Share this post


Link to post

I actually don't find carly to be pretty at all. sure, those eyebrows made an improvement, but something about her face isn't attractive to me so I can def see why the guys there don't typically fall in love at first sight with her. 

Sarah is cute, unfortunately though I think the guys just want roses. Her voice sounds straight out of the kardashians.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I actually don't find carly to be pretty at all. sure, those eyebrows made an improvement, but something about her face isn't attractive to me so I can def see why the guys there don't typically fall in love at first sight with her. 

Sarah is cute, unfortunately though I think the guys just want roses. Her voice sounds straight out of the kardashians.

In my opinion, Carly is no better than a 5 in the "real world", and by the standards of the women usually cast on Bachelor and Bachelor-in-Paradise, probably closer to a 3.  Although the female cast thus far is, imo, subpar.  So she might be a 4.  But, yeah.  I can't see guys tripping over themselves to get to her.

I thought she was over-the-hill the last time she was on.  I really don't know why she insists on being a lifer for this franchise.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I enjoy reading your comments, but I had a need to point out something about Daniel - expressing humor as a trait doesn't mean that he isn't cocky or less cocky now. We just came across a nice and desirable trait (that's a first!). Despite being interested in Sarah, he is still arrogant to me and conceited. I remember when she asked him what does he know about her and he said that he knows that she likes him. To some, that was a joke, but a joke or not, it's still just another cocky statement by him to go with his cocky attitude. I am glad that he's interested in her and pleasantly surprised by it. I hope it works for her, because she seems like a nice, decent girl.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Alapaki said:

In my opinion, Carly is no better than a 5 in the "real world", and by the standards of the women usually cast on Bachelor and Bachelor-in-Paradise, probably closer to a 3.  Although the female cast thus far is, imo, subpar.  So she might be a 4.  But, yeah.  I can't see guys tripping over themselves to get to her.

I think, if her attitude wasn't so stank, she would appear prettier than she is but you add average looks with her mean girl personality and I can see guys flocking as far as possible away from her. If you listen to the guys when they talk about Amanda and how beautiful she is, almost everyone mentions how "sweet" she is. I think that makes her prettier to them than she actually is, because to me she's not very far above Carly and on par with Sarah.

None of these women are stunning. Lace is the closest (but that hair!!!!) But then, none of these guys are all that hot either. Having been recycling cast members for years now, Bach Nation is truly scraping the bottom of the barrel now. But it's still hilarious to watch. lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/11/2016 at 2:54 PM, Wandering Snark said:

Speaking of super drunk that reminds me of the hilarity of one of the twins getting smashed off half a beer before her date. Classic. She had definitely reached that crying and/or telling everyone you love them point.

Oh yes. I'd almost forgotten about that, but it was definitely hilarious. And in a way, kind of makes me like her just a teensy bit more, for evidently having some self awareness and self restraint. We never saw her act like that on Ben's season, which suggests that she kept the drinking to a minimum, and just figured that here, she could let a little loose for an afternoon. I reserve the right to revise my opinion if she starts getting all hammered all the time, but for now, it's nice to see someone not drink to excess all the time just because there's an opportunity to do so.

On 8/11/2016 at 3:00 PM, dleighg said:

I actually thought Daniel was just playing with her head, as in, is this chick sort of dumb, or really dumb. My (very intelligent) DH does this kind of stuff all the time.  I mean, any halfway intelligent person should be able to come up with a snappy response rather than just go blank.

I don't know, sometimes someone makes so absolutely no sense that a rational brain can't even process it. Certainly if you're not used to dealing with that kind of thought process. I certainly wouldn't think less of anyone's intellect for not being able to instantly switch into the kind of mental contortions required to hold their own in that kind of a conversation.

14 hours ago, seasick said:

What is 'wrong' with Carly.   Seriously.  She is cute.  Her hair is a disaster yes.  Why is she friend-zoned or not appealing to men?   She's not 'sexy' maybe??  She has a cute face and a decent body.  I don't think she's any less 'pretty'--feature for feature-- than most /all the girls there.   What should Carly do to get in the game?  

I don't know what the problem with her is either. And I find it interesting that so many here seem to find her downright unattractive. I actually find her one of the more attractive women who's there so far (I don't even hate her hair that much — I think Sarah's is way worse). I'm guessing there's a lack of true confidence that sets her back, which is unfortunate, because talk about a vicious circle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

No man will ever like either twin for very long because they both act as if it's a package deal. My mom is a twin and her relationships never last very long because her sister is always sticking her nose in my mom's business. And my mom lets her. They are always together or on the phone with eachother, they need approval from one another for every damn thing. They don't have an identity of their own except that my aunt is the leader twin and calls most of the shots. My dad, my step-dad both said that it got to the point where they didn't want to put up with both of them. And my mom is a good person, funny, and attractive. But nobody wants to deal with that kind of relationship.

I said all that because maybe that's why the twins get on my nerves so much. And probably why the men don't seem very interested in them so far. Nobody takes them seriously and it's their fault. Haley had a nice enough guy wanting to take her out and genuinely interested in her, so what does she do? She plays cutesy little twinsy games with him. Can't she even go on one date without her sister? They will never be taken seriously by men if they keep it up. It's annoying.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I actually don't find carly to be pretty at all. sure, those eyebrows made an improvement, but something about her face isn't attractive to me so I can def see why the guys there don't typically fall in love at first sight with her.

Yes, she definitely should get a medal for most improved eyebrows over the years.  I wish they would do a montage in homage to her brows.  Remember when they were those weird tadpoles? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, kingshearte said:

Oh yes. I'd almost forgotten about that, but it was definitely hilarious. And in a way, kind of makes me like her just a teensy bit more, for evidently having some self awareness and self restraint. We never saw her act like that on Ben's season, which suggests that she kept the drinking to a minimum, and just figured that here, she could let a little loose for an afternoon. I reserve the right to revise my opinion if she starts getting all hammered all the time, but for now, it's nice to see someone not drink to excess all the time just because there's an opportunity to do so.

I don't know, sometimes someone makes so absolutely no sense that a rational brain can't even process it. Certainly if you're not used to dealing with that kind of thought process. I certainly wouldn't think less of anyone's intellect for not being able to instantly switch into the kind of mental contortions required to hold their own in that kind of a conversation.

I don't know what the problem with her is either. And I find it interesting that so many here seem to find her downright unattractive. I actually find her one of the more attractive women who's there so far (I don't even hate her hair that much — I think Sarah's is way worse). I'm guessing there's a lack of true confidence that sets her back, which is unfortunate, because talk about a vicious circle.

Re: the twin that drunk on half a beer--  I can't help but think she's on medication--like possibly anti-anxiety meds of 'mood-stabalizers that don't mix well w alcohol.  Half a beer and wasted?  not without some help.

I brought up the Carly discussion;  I have to concede that she is 'old news' on this season so I think that's a big part of her getting no play.  

I hate the fact that Amanda's appeal is that she's 'sweet'-- which says insipid, unchallenging etc. She kind of sits there like a doll.  At least how she's edited here.  At least Carly has opinions--and I don't think her snark is particularly mean.  I agree with most of what she says  if I recall.   Her attitude does not exude dumb and sexy.  I think she could if she dolled up for that purpose --false eyelashes-- lots of makeup--side-long glances--but she is just not that kind.  I think she's more 'down to earth' and that doesn't fly for this show.  

Although I would say all the girls have normal, 'pretty' faces,  I wouldn't consider Lace at the top of the pretty list.  Yet she has a more alluring way I suppose.  Actually-- mean to say but she comes off as 'easy'. (and pathetic when she drinks)  Are my old-fashioned values showing??  I don't care LOL...

Those twins need to do something with those yellow haystacks for hair.   They live in LV..it's not like they are country bumpkins with only roller-set salons.   It's been that way forever since they tried out for Cowboys cheerleaders.  Soften that color and get some contrast. 

Sarah lost me when she was on regular season (Ben Flapjack or Brad I can't remember) because she went for the pity rose.  She told a story of going on a zip-line with her dad in Downtown Vegas and they told her they didn't allow disabled people on the zip-line. Really?  Seems odd. Maybe it really happened, idk.  Bad move to use it --more attractive to act as if she feels no disadvantage and business as usual.  Funny/ironic that she got her chance in Mexico.  It does appear she has changed that approach.  (My favorite pity-rose beg was the girl who pounded on how she was adopted as a baby (so what?) and was now a closet organizer,   and did some kind of trust psychology exercises with the Bach.  Ben F I think.  I think she may have been on BiP last season. Jubee did the pity-rose act too..I wasn't a fan, but I still would have liked to see more of her here.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, seasick said:

Those twins need to do something with those yellow haystacks for hair.   They live in LV..it's not like they are country bumpkins with only roller-set salons.   It's been that way forever since they tried out for Cowboys cheerleaders.  Soften that color and get some contrast. 

 

Last picture I saw of them working (at a job), I think they were cocktail waitresses.  Certain men love that hair color and are willing to tip big for it.  As I woman, I also would like to see something more natural-looking, but they probably wouldn't get as much attention and their earning power would be reduced.  Gross but true.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, WhoAmIReally said:

Last picture I saw of them working (at a job), I think they were cocktail waitresses.  Certain men love that hair color and are willing to tip big for it.  As I woman, I also would like to see something more natural-looking, but they probably wouldn't get as much attention and their earning power would be reduced.  Gross but true.

They can still be blondes.  just softer.  I'm sure some men like that too.  And after working for years in AC and Vegas myself I can tell you the tip focus is usually a little further south. : )

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, seasick said:

Sarah lost me when she was on regular season (Ben Flapjack or Brad I can't remember) because she went for the pity rose.  She told a story of going on a zip-line with her dad in Downtown Vegas and they told her they didn't allow disabled people on the zip-line. Really?  Seems odd. Maybe it really happened, idk.  Bad move to use it --more attractive to act as if she feels no disadvantage and business as usual.  Funny/ironic that she got her chance in Mexico.  It does appear she has changed that approach.  (My favorite pity-rose beg was the girl who pounded on how she was adopted as a baby (so what?) and was now a closet organizer,   and did some kind of trust psychology exercises with the Bach.  Ben F I think.  I think she may have been on BiP last season. Jubee did the pity-rose act too..I wasn't a fan, but I still would have liked to see more of her here.

Both Sarah and Ashlee (the adopted closet organizer) were on Sean's season. Ashlee was on the first BiP season (as was Sarah). She latched on to Graham and scared off any other woman who was interested in him. Then she had a meltdown when Graham broke up with her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Amanda & Josh are the sleaziest couple I´ve ever seen on any of these shows. I don´t have a problem watching them make-out, but the thought of being one of the people stuck with them and the constant pda is almost creepy. I would have thought Amanda would try to have some self-control but I guess not...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was fishing at a local lake and was treated to a couple who obviously have been watching too much BiP... they were standing in the middle of the well-trafficked path making out full tongues waggin BiP style, while people riding bikes, walkers and pet walkers zipped around them.

They then moved to a bench directly in my view and continued their little pda show. At one point she had unbuttoned his polo shirt and had her hand on his shoulder inside his shirt while the other was on his head and the makeout continued.

I guess some people just can't handle themselves and/or have no regard for other in their "It's all about me" blinders-to-the-world universe... Amanda appears to be one of the oblivious type while Josh is doing it all on purpose to make a show of his conquest.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I cannot, like, deal with how, like, everything Amanda says sounds like a question? And like, she says "like" all the time? And like, she has no, like, discernible personality? ...I mean, What. The. Fuck. This woman may literally be the most boring person on the entire planet. How are multiple men vying for this vapid woman whose ONLY defining character trait is that she is a shitty mom who leaves her children for weeks at a time to film reality shows and introduce them to strange men in front of TV cameras? Crazy opinion: Leah was hotter than Amanda AND she offered the bonus of being a crazy person! I would so much rather she stuck around.

The Twins strike as the sort of people who were bullies in high school that ganged up on kids and loved it. They are so petty, so mean and so unaware of what assholes they sound like in interviews. They seem to think it's hilarious when it's never clever, just really rude. They were like that with Olivia and incessantly attacked her (the Women Tell All was hard to watch) and they continue to do it. Also, they strike me as incredibly dumb, immature and... a bit trashy. I just don't like them.

I almost feel bad for Evan, except I think he's weird and annoying. I find every scene he is in just absolutely cringe-worthy. I actually like Carly -- she seems gasp sort of normal? Too normal for this show, quite frankly. But then, her expectations of getting guys on this show despite being a "normal" woman is hard to watch.

Christian choosing Sarah struck me as awfully suspicious. Wouldn't he just pick the girl he wants to sleep with the most? It's not like he knows her at all yet since he just got there. And look, I don't want to sound like an asshole, but, elephant in the room here: She has one arm and these people are shallow as fuck. If people are coming in and making decisions purely on looks, because let's be real, that's what this show is, am I wrong to think that for all these people who are obsessed with working out and beauty that having one arm would be a deal-breaker? I think Sarah seems normal and nice and pretty, but Christian didn't know her! I thought he came across as super fake and wayyyy too enthusiastic on their date. I agree with others who said he maybe sees her as an easy target to secure a rose. That's sort of shitty.

I don't know what to make of Sarah and Daniel. I mean, Daniel is seriously the weirdest person ever. Every conversation they show him having is just weird. I've determined it can't be the editing and cherry picking because it's seriously every time he talks. So, that sort of makes me think it's possible he means what he says that he can be hard to understand and he likes that she seems to understand him. But then I remember what show I am watching and have to think it's about camera time. Of the shallow men on the show, Daniel seems the worst of the bunch. Again, not to sound like an asshole, but is an "eagle" who thought all the girls were ugly and spends all his time working out really interested in a physically handicapped woman? I do have a hard time buying it. I think Daniel is progressive, but intensely shallow. Have Daniel and Sarah ever kissed on the show? In this last episode he said he wanted to kiss her but he had a bit of a cold. Hmmm. Red flag.

Jared is about as exciting as watching paint dry and the fact that he chose one of the twins just makes me have a lot of doubts about his character. Can't say I understand why women are interested in him.

Anyway, I think basically everything on this show is just fake, I've decided.

Edited by Falafel
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Falafel said:

Jared is about as exciting as watching paint dry and the fact that he chose one of the twins just makes me have a lot of doubts about his character. Can't say I understand why women are interested in him.

I think Jared is seen as a challenge.  His stalkers perceive him as the sensitive but aloof guy who is waiting for the right girl to unleash his love and passion.  They all think they're the special one who can do it.  No luck so far. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Falafel said:

I cannot, like, deal with how, like, everything Amanda says sounds like a question?

Yeah the so called "up-talkers" get on my last nerve as well. It's also one of those 'once you notice it' things where it will drive you nuts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 8:33 AM, seasick said:

Sarah lost me when she was on regular season (Ben Flapjack or Brad I can't remember) because she went for the pity rose.  She told a story of going on a zip-line with her dad in Downtown Vegas and they told her they didn't allow disabled people on the zip-line. Really?  Seems odd. Maybe it really happened, idk.  Bad move to use it --more attractive to act as if she feels no disadvantage and business as usual.  Funny/ironic that she got her chance in Mexico. 

That's right!  she wan't allowed on a zipline because you had to hold on with two hands, or something like that.  So - I am assuming that the guy with the date card was told to choose Sarah, because the zipline date was going to be hers.  I think it was set up that way, not a coincidence. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, WhoAmIReally said:

I think Jared is seen as a challenge.  His stalkers perceive him as the sensitive but aloof guy who is waiting for the right girl to unleash his love and passion.  They all think they're the special one who can do it.  No luck so far. 

IIRC in both seasons he was the one asked out on the date.  Last season Ashely I consumed him, then this season Jube tried to bag him.  (luckily he was able to wrestle free).  

I don't know what planet he came from but it is a rare earth.  So well mannered, dignifed, kind, extremely diplomatic  ( 'last season everything happened so quickly with Ashley--I wouldn't change last paradise for anything but hoping this paradise is a little easier") Yeah.   The girl hog tied you, dragged you to her lair,  whined and boo-hoo'd you into near insanity.  Nice of you to put it that way,  but we all know you wanted to gouge your ears out and smash your head on the rocks. (and he was too kind and classy to shake her off.)

Point being he hasn't had much of a chance to make his own choices.  And frankly I don't think he likes most of these party girls or desperados.   HE Really doesn't belong in that setting--he's not about the crazy.  I agree -he's looking for SomeOne and most of these girls are just not it.   (C'mon...  Michelle Money,? Claire,( i kinda felt for her but she's shop-worn)  Lace and OMG that other girl that showed up at the end last season--someone said she looked like a camel-smoking grandma or something.LOL)    He's not a party animal.  But of course we all know who's going to show up to haunt him again!  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, seasick said:

don't know what planet he came from but it is a rare earth.  So well mannered, dignifed, kind, extremely diplomatic  ( 'last season everything happened so quickly with Ashley--I wouldn't change last paradise for anything but hoping this paradise is a little easier") Yeah.   The girl hog tied you, dragged you to her lair,  whined and boo-hoo'd you into near insanity.  Nice of you to put it that way,  but we all know you wanted to gouge your ears out and smash your head on the rocks. (and he was too kind and classy to shake her off.)

I have always liked Jared.  I know all these folks are looking for some kind of recognition by being on these shows rather than love, but at least Jared keeps a relatively low profile instead of acting outrageous and trying to get his face out there.  I find him refreshing and feel that he classes the place up.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

It's also telling that everyone, male and female, talks about what a nice guy he is.  My oldest memory of him was an early date with Kaitlyn.  The two of them walked into a room with a bed covered in roses and jumped on it rolling around and laughing.  I think he already knew it was Shawn for Kaitlyn and the two of them had a real friendship going.  I know his looks don't appeal to everyone but I love his chiseled features. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/12/2016 at 0:36 PM, EuropeanGirl said:

I enjoy reading your comments, but I had a need to point out something about Daniel - expressing humor as a trait doesn't mean that he isn't cocky or less cocky now. We just came across a nice and desirable trait (that's a first!). Despite being interested in Sarah, he is still arrogant to me and conceited. I remember when she asked him what does he know about her and he said that he knows that she likes him. To some, that was a joke, but a joke or not, it's still just another cocky statement by him to go with his cocky attitude. I am glad that he's interested in her and pleasantly surprised by it. I hope it works for her, because she seems like a nice, decent girl.

Interesting you mention this.  It's no accident that Chad and Daniel were buddies.  

26 minutes ago, whimsey98 said:

Yeah, but Jared has showed up twice for a show where the choices are based on pretty shallow criteria.  Unless he is living on an desert island somewhere, it is hard to believe Jared couldn't meet nice women outside of the show (and he has said he has plenty of dating opportunities).

This. I can see where being a nice guy in this pool of...males is appealing, but I do wonder how authentic you can be about finding "someone" when you keep returning to the same well that just happens to be a highly publicized TV franchise.

37 minutes ago, whimsey98 said:

They all seem so bored (Sarah said this season they couldn't even go out into the water because the producers figured out the contestants were having conversations that couldn't be recorded in the ocean). 

Oh this is interesting, and yet confirms that nothing really happens on the show (what is there to do beyond drinking and the "random" dates?).  Not sure what kind of interesting things are said in the ocean, but they have to catch it all for their sound bites! 

I don't know, I think I'd respect people more if they just admitted that they enjoy hanging out on a beach with other attractive people (for free) with the opportunity to raise their profile.  If you find someone you click with, great! I'm not really sure why the "I wanna meet and get to know new people" mantra is so prevalent on this show.  There should be no party line.  As others have referenced, no doubt that most of these folks already have in mind who they want to hook up with, if not contacted said person before the show.  

Someone mentioned that Bachelor Pad was more interesting because there was the element of gamesmanship and competition, and I tend to agree. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I appreciate that it isn't as frowned upon when they say that they were talking before the show. Last season, Joe was dodging bullets and trying to keep it a secret that he was talking to what's-her-name before filming began. Honestly, it irritated me that they thought we were all so stupid that we didn't know they have ways of contacting each other. And AFTER Nick showed up on Kaitlyn's season, they still tried to play us like we're stupid. So I'm glad that they're admitting it this season. I wish more shows would allow the stars to just come clean. We all know reality stars get paid. I'm talking to you, Twit from Fat and Fabulous. You didn't buy that house with a 1hr per week dance class and an internship. But anyway... 

Yeah we know y'all been talking. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×