Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: The Skinny, Pt. 1

• Start Topic

On 8/8/2016 at 6:49 AM, ClareWalks said:

Excellent! I will add a few things and make us a "workout game" (not a drinking game) for the reunion.

Guffaw: 10 squats

Excuses/"I lost 100 pounds!!!": 10 situps

Variation of "fat pride": 10 jumping jacks

Any mention of the word "spandex": 10 pushups

Inappropriate sexual comments/questions: 5 burpees

Product placements: 10 jump-rope hops

Whitney body-shames someone else: 10 bicycle crunches

Babs/Glenn look vaguely embarrassed: 10 lunges

Someone drops a truth bomb that annoys Whit: 10 tricep dips

References to Whit's "dance career": Up and down stairs two times, OR 10 high-knee march steps in place

Anything else I should add? Give me more strong possibilities and I will edit this post :)

Are you TRYING to kill us???!!!  Good lord I am going to have to stretch out before watching.  

I feel sad for her yet so frustrated with her excuses I could scream.  I don't want her shamed for her body.  It is what it is and nothing anyone says is as bad as what she says to herself.  I want her to be shamed for her REALLY bad attitude.  Well, not shamed but hold her responsible for her actions and inaction.  She has a platform to do a lot of good whether that is losing weight in a healthy fashion OR actually living her best self.  Not acting like a spoiled preteen.  

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Are you TRYING to kill us???!!!  Good lord I am going to have to stretch out before watching.  

I feel sad for her yet so frustrated with her excuses I could scream.  I don't want her shamed for her body.  It is what it is and nothing anyone says is as bad as what she says to herself.  I want her to be shamed for her REALLY bad attitude.  Well, not shamed but hold her responsible for her actions and inaction.  She has a platform to do a lot of good whether that is losing weight in a healthy fashion OR actually living her best self.  Not acting like a spoiled preteen.  

I honestly don't think she's saying anything negative about her body. I think she looks in the mirror and admires how she looks.  No snark intended in that comment.

• Love 3

I just don't know if I can watch this if they're going to roll tape of Whitney in clear distress because of her weight then cut to her friends and family giving a blank stare. They will never shoot straight with her.

Her pee pads will be all they deserve for not being real with her.

• Love 14

It is nauseating to me to watch her, watch herself in these clips. She can't get enough of herself. 

She is a bully.  This show was her chance to show us all that the 8 hours of "show" we saw out of 1,000 hours of actual footage was fake or edited to make her look bad. She's making herself look bad all on her own. 

I feel like she refuses to admit her weight might be leading to her health issues just because.

• Love 22
11 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Whit posted on fb that she has big news to share at the reunion. Speculation on the comments is that she has a ring on her left finger and is getting married

In the pic she posed she looks smaller than the reunion shot... Looks like she lost weight to me?

Well she is doing the pose that Tess Holliday and some other big women use - you basically move your hands closer to your belly to make more of a waist. 

She looks just as large as ever on the couch.

• Love 6
On August 8, 2016 at 8:00 PM, SongbirdHollow said:

Yeah, they're all going to say what the producers tell them and pay them to say. Fakity fake fake fake!

This is why I LOVE seeing the expressions of the family and friends while they show her embarrassing moments. 

• Love 8

Whit had THREE pizza apps that she orders from alternatively each month. Whit says she does this because she's "hypersensitive" abt these things because of  criticism of fat people.   Again,  BULLSHIT.  Whit feels GUILTY cuz she knows that pizza is not healthy.    Quite a spin.  TLC, you've found a consummate artist. .....a BULLSHIT artist. 

Edited by Tosia
Whit has put me off of food for a while, cuz I'm nauseous watching her rationalize morbid obesity.
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, stillhere1900 said:

Is the interviewer related to Holly Robinson Pete ?

I searched - I don't think they are related. Nothing against Shaun Robinson, but I would have loved to see my girl Nancy Grace be the moderator for THIS disaster. Or someone like that - a tough broad. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Whit had THREE pizza apps that she orders from alternatively each month. Whit says she does this because she's "hypersensitive" abt these things because of  criticism of fat people.   Again,  BULLSHIT.  Whit feels GUILTY cuz she knows that pizza is not healthy.    Quote a spin.  TLC, you've found a consummate artist. .....a BULLSHIT artist. 

There is no way she is only ordering one pizza a month. Especially not with buddy as a roommate. Maybe she switches off between the three pizza places and places an order with each every week. That would be three pizza but each store thinks she just gets one a week.

• Love 10

You can tell that she's secretly thinking in her head about how she's going to "get even" with each of them. They are so busy trying to kiss her ass and smile when she guffaws.

I think she uses one pizza app per month. But they won't notice that she buys 6 pizzas a week if she only does it for 4 weeks at a time before moving on to the next. So yeah, she only uses one pizza app a month, but orders 24 pizzas a month (roughly estimating 2 pizzas at an order, 3 orders a week).

Todd, it explains so much that Whitney taught you to "dance"

• Love 13

I said I was in no mood to watch this festival of ass kissing.  Damn it to Hell, I watched.  I would be damned if I would let her make me look like a jackass.  Okay.  You haven't got the balls or the spine to stand up to her.  Fine.  But why let her make you look like a shit-eating fool?  Call me out because I tried to intervene in your circling of the drain?  Hell, no.  Those people are enablers, and they deserve their futures of pee pads and bedside meals.

• Love 12

This is the episode that finally drove me over the edge into full on hatred of Whitney. She is a master manipulator and it is infuriating. The group of enablers she has surrounded herself with is equally maddening. Babs thinks Whitney needs to find a man who will stand up to her?? Are you kidding me Babs? She should know more than anyone that Whitney does not allow people who stand up to her in her life. She only allows enablers in her life.

First they start the reunion yucking it up about how funny it is that her friends and family are so concerned about her health that they stage a mock funeral. Har, har, har it's just so funny. Yeah, Whitney, those people who shave your legs, put on your shoes, and help you out of the shower when you hurt your back because of your weight are soooo lucky that you don't hold a grudge.

And she always seems to work her way out of getting caught in her lies. She continues to push the story that she doesn't eat anything all day until late at night. When Will found all those fast food containers in her car I distinctly remember that she said she would be running around in her car and then be starving in the middle of the day, so would get fast food. Which is it? Does she not eat until late in the evening, or does she buy fast food in the middle of the day because she is starving? Of course, when they show the clip they cut out the part where she says she would buy that stuff in the middle of the day so she's not called out on her lies.

She not only plays the haters card regularly, now she is playing the woman card too, cause the haters don't hate on Buddy and he's just as fat as she is. She's being treated unfairly because she's a woman! For the record, I am a woman. Yes, I do think woman can be judged more harshly on their appearance than men, but give me a break. I'll say it, Buddy is fat and unhealthy--it often sounds like he is having difficulty breathing. But maybe, just maybe, he doesn't have people hating on him on social media because he is not the star of the show!

You just go ahead Whitney, you keep up your horrible eating habits and keep gaining weight to spite all the haters. Go ahead until you have destroyed your health and you are bedridden or dead, 'cause that will show them!!!

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 23
56 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

She is a bully.

She certainly is.

The whole season was a joke, except its actually documenting someone killing themselves.  I have said it before, all of her family and friends are much more interested in being famewhores on the network with zero integrity.  Todd went to the funeral because he wanted to sing.   Ok........If he sings like he dances, please please don't sing.

Whitney is severely ill.

I have a theory about where all this started.   Babs......Babs the beauty, Babs the model, Babs and Glenn the perfect looking couple. Throw in the southern belle routine too.    They always show the photos of Babs when she was a model. They pop up everywhere, all the time.

Glenn the father who cant say no to Whitney , who also cant stop or won't stop the very unhealthy dynamic I am convinced went on in that house. He is ultimately weak and useless.

I think Whitney knew early on there was no competing with her mother.  Of course its sick and sad that a child has to compete with their mother.

Just my opinion.

• Love 21

370 pounds my ass her ass.  First half was what it was. You had all her enablers sitting there kissing ass, Vitney giving them the side eye to make sure they fall in line, the lines, the excuses, etc, etc. 

How many of them are still going to be singing the same old song when they are wiping her ass from crap because she cannot reach back there anymore?

For the record Buddy is about 100 pounds away from Twitney. He was having trouble breathing, his face was puffy and he looked uncomfortable.  They all deserve each other.

Lennie was looking for a bonus on his cheque?  They both looked very uncomfortable just sitting next to eachother.

I disliked the interviewer. She didn't even question the no shoes. Dumbass.

• Love 14

I dvr'd part 1 and I'm 15 minutes in and I have to stop. Listening to Twits delusions and Glen Babs Posse acting so afraid of her and unable to drop some truth bombs - I CANT with this bitch.  I'm going to have to watch in 15min intervals and I soooo look forward to the comedienne slaying twit again . For now, I've pressed stop and will read the snark provided by you all. ( twitney I hate you ) 

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 10

I'm going to put myself in say...Todd's shoes. I've probably spoken to Whitney in earnest, friend to friend several times. I've voiced my concerns , offered my support, I've given a shoulder to cry on.  What does she do? Probably order one of her three pizzas for the month. Now here comes TLC offering me a check to play friend of Whitney.  

Ya know what? I'm taking the check. Gimme the check. This braying donkey is going to smoke and eat and skip workouts no matter what anybody says and she'll have a host of reasons why. Gimme the check.  I'm sure it's not a great amount being just "friend of" but it'll certainly cover a few mortgage payments or a chunk of my student loan. Whitney is going to do Whitney regardless.  

• Love 23
On August 8, 2016 at 9:49 AM, ClareWalks said:

Excellent! I will add a few things and make us a "workout game" (not a drinking game) for the reunion.

Guffaw: 10 squats

Excuses/"I lost 100 pounds!!!": 10 situps

Variation of "fat pride": 10 jumping jacks

Any mention of the word "spandex": 10 pushups

Inappropriate sexual comments/questions: 5 burpees

Product placements: 10 jump-rope hops

Whitney body-shames someone else: 10 bicycle crunches

Babs/Glenn look vaguely embarrassed: 10 lunges

Someone drops a truth bomb that annoys Whit: 10 tricep dips

References to Whit's "dance career": Up and down stairs two times, OR 10 high-knee march steps in place

Anything else I should add? Give me more strong possibilities and I will edit this post :)

Clarewalks!!! Are you trying to kill us lmao ???

• Love 2

Wow. Just wow. It's hard to believe her overinflated ego fit in the room tonight. 

I loved how she said "my producer" and "my camera op". Yeah, she's the star of the show, but they aren't Whitney slaves that have to help (lift) her up. They could have gotten injured too during the ski scene.  And then what? It can't be because Whitney is obese! No! It's because she suffers from exhaustion. Yeah...ok.

I really truly believe she doesn't want to lose weight. That passing out at the danceathon, not being able to put on shoes, injuring her back, and the multitude of other dangerous positions she has put herself in is directly related to her weight. The fact that she doesn't see that, or (more likely), refuses to see it, is truly mind boggling. 

While I personally didn't find the comedienne very funny, I am eager to see next week.  I more or less see her as someone who is cognizant of her own addictive behavior and history and can spot it in others. I give her credit for addressing and working on her own addiction. Unfortunately she is the odd woman out on that couch and she will be ganged up on. She will be bullied. But that's ok right? As long as the precious snowflake is protected, coddled, and is able to escape when she wants. Major eyerolls this past hour. Major.

Edited by JennMatMusic33
  • Love 17
52 minutes ago, diva2themax said:

I feel bad for her poor father. You can tell he's so ashamed & really doesn't want to be there. Also why the eff isn't she wearing shoes? She's sitting down ffs!

Whoa - I didn't look at the TV the whole time.... she's not wearing shoes?  Not even cute flipflops?  Doesn't that tell her something about the state of her health? Jebus H.

I did see the video of her training with Will. 1) Why would anyone film their workout sessions? 2) She was a lot slimmer. It's too bad she couldn't keep that up. She was still big, but I think she would have more of a platform for preaching being big and healthy at that weight.

When I heard "my truth," I wanted to gag. What is that crap about?  Is 'your truth' kinda like 'your reality' - it doesn't exist?  There's truth, there's reality, you don't get to manufacture a version just for you.

Regarding the pizza apps - yep, that sounds like an addict. It also shows this woman is too dumb to breathe. How much effort does it take to make a pizza?  You can buy the crust. You can make it with no cheese or just a little - certainly less than Domino's puts on it. Put some veggies on it. Shoot, go crazy and put some turkey pepperoni on it. There you go, Whit - a freakin' relatively healthy pizza at a fraction of the cost of what you pay for delivery, in about the same time, and much healthier. 'Cause you said you wanted to be healthy, right? 

Edited by aliya
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, littleone said:

Finally TLC. ...STOP making this women example

Now, if TLC cared they would yank the show.     TLC only cares about making a profit.  They can spot a troubled, character flawed person a hundred miles away willing to make them money. Willing to do anything no matter what the cost to their lives.   

They don't care if she has a heart attack or dies.   To them it just means bigger ratings (more money) and a couple extra specials, like a funeral where Tod dances.

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I really don't get the strange dynamic I'm seeing in this group. It's like...Whitney rules over all of them, and they all fall into place, like neat little minions. 

Even in the way they have them sitting. Queen Bee Twit on one side with her followers *ahem* enablers *ahem* on the other. 

Even tho I knew it wasn't going to happen, I was hoping one of them would have had the balls to scream at her that they do care about her health & don't want to see her die when she said she was caught off guard by the funeral intervention.  Yes Twit, that's how interventions work, they are supposed to be a surprise. 

Did Will even say anything about her food intake?  I know the announcer whispered something about the food to him but it wasn't addressed or did I miss it? 

I loved when someone else said something crude Twit said something like "Remember, Glenn Thore is in the house."  Yet it was OK for her to discuss her so called "intimate" relationship with Lennie, among other improper things with her parents there. Really classy Whit. 

I did like learning that Buddy seemed to have had no real love interest in Twit past or present. She makes it seem they were a real hot item esp the comment she made when they were in the hot tub. Not. 

Wonder if they'll bring up Roy next week.  Add me to the list that hopes Karen brings up Twit not wearing shoes. 

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

Well this episode was proof for me that all her "friends" are just associated with her like one big dysfunctional family who really don't like her or each other but are enmeshed in some strange symbiotic relationship going way back to high school.  Her defensiveness and inability to admit how her weight contributes to her physical problems is just unbelievable and you can see it on their faces as they react to her BS.  They are done with her but hanging in for the sake of the "old times" before she became such a monster, but more importantly at this point for the paycheck.   Which is why they all sit there off to the side like her little Greek chorus.

And Babs, she is just so tickled that her daughter has brought her fame and money that she has blinded herself to the sad reality and doesn't confront her daughter with it.  If that was MY mother she'd be staging mock funerals for me every WEEK and chewing my ass out for not waking up to the truth about myself.  Now to me, THAT's love, not Babs.  Babs is as delusional as her daughter.  Now we know where she gets it from.  I feel sorry for Glenn, he seems to have his head in reality.

The arrogance of this bitch makes me stabby - and I rarely get that volatile over someone on TV.  She thinks she knows better than anyone else why she fainted that day, and she does the verbal equivalent of holding her hands over her ears and going "lalalalalalalala" whenever anyone gives it to her straight.  Just because she tells herself that load of crap doesn't make it true.  What an ass she makes of herself on national TV.  I really hope the comedian rips her to shreds.

Oh and she probably doesn't wear shoes because at her weight it's too painful.

I disagree, I think she knows exactly why she fainted, but to actually admit it would be admitting that she needs to address it, and lose weight.

I'm watching the show at this point to see how long she'll live.  It doesn't really matter to me, I don't like her anyway.

• Love 6

What happened to Ashley? Did she finally get tired of kissing Whitney's massive ass? I really hope she quit this freak show. 

When Whitney bitched about how Buddy is also fat but doesn't get all the hate, all I could think of was Peter Griffin and his "men are not fat, only fat women are fat" logic. I agree that women are judged harder than men  but Buddy is able to put on his own shoes, ride a bike and ski. 

While I think the no BS campaign is a good one (especially for young girls) I don't think Whitney is the right person to represent it. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, DixonVixen2359 said:

What happened to Ashley? Did she finally get tired of kissing Whitney's massive ass? I really hope she quit this freak show. 

When Whitney bitched about how Buddy is also fat but doesn't get all the hate, all I could think of was Peter Griffin and his "men are not fat, only fat women are fat" logic. I agree that women are judged harder than men  but Buddy is able to put on his own shoes, ride a bike and ski. 

While I think the no BS campaign is a good one (especially for young girls) I don't think Whitney is the right person to represent it. 

I agree. It reminds me of one of the Where are They Now episodes from My 600 Lb Life I saw earlier today. Christina lost a HUGE amount of weight and wanted final skin surgery. When she went back to Dr. Now he was pretty adamant that she had traded in one eating disorder for a new one (she was eating maybe 450 calories a day and was becoming quite hollow). He told her she would have to gain weight before he would ever consent to the skin surgery and that she needed therapy help.

Whitney is similar. She is embroiled in an eating disorder- she may have very well had anorexia at one point but she is now definitely exhibiting other disordered eating and overall habits. It is not something I would want the young females in my family to look up to as a role model for no body shame. Just like many other Fat Acceptance folks or the HAES crowd - being convinced that being morbidly obese is healthy is equally disordered as being obsessed with thinness. 

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Honey said:

I disagree, I think she knows exactly why she fainted, but to actually admit it would be admitting that she needs to address it, and lose weight.

I'm watching the show at this point to see how long she'll live.  It doesn't really matter to me, I don't like her anyway.

Yes, I agree she knows deep down why she fainted - I was referring to her outward denial.  It's a big river in Africa and her feet are soaking in it.

• Love 8

Ten minutes in and all I can say is she's an ungrateful asshole. My husband walked through the room and his question was why is she so adversarial.  Cause she's an asshole!  I'll finish tomorrow. I'm too salty to continue tonight. 

• Love 13

Okay, so here's the thing. 1) the phrase 'skinny bitch' should never be used by anyone who claims to head the 'no body shaming' movement, because it's a body shaming phrase. That makes me all kinds of ragey.

2) I personally don't care how fat and/or unhealthy Whitney is. That's her deal. My deal is I am normal weight, much older than Whitney, and just about anybody could help me up if I fell on the ski slope or in the shower. I can shave my own legs and clip my own toenails. I'd be mortified if I had to have someone else do those things for me. Bottom line, I don't just accept my body. I love my body. That's my choice. Her choice is her choice, and I'm okay with that.

• Love 13

Her comment about the pizza app and rotating between the three apps made me think of an obesity show I watched on YouTube. (Maybe someone linked it here).  The guy in that show shared his secret when ordering pizza and other food to go, over the phone. He would ask "so how many people does that feed?" to make it sound like he was ordering for a group of people. 

I had never realized that people would use such tactics to disguise how much food they were buying for themselves. I've never seen anyone on my 600lb life mention it.

• Love 7