Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Highs & Lows

11 hours ago, izabella said:

Things are sort of falling apart for everyone right now.  Except Jude, I guess.  Is his attitude typical teenage moodiness?  I like moody Jude.  They're focusing on a different aspect of Jude besides his sexuality, and I'm interested to know what else is going on with him.

I think his attitude is more than typical moodiness, it's his foster past (plus mother dying/father the cause of her death), questioning his sexuality and religious beliefs, and maybe not knowing where he fits in the family.  Plus his friend got murdered.  Now that I just typed all that, I guess it would make me moody, too. I don't think self-medicating is going to be the answer, though.  

4 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

how much money did Lena and Steph spend on Gabes attorney? $20,000? That would have covered almost a year of payments to the IRS. These women are too generous.

I think it was $20,000 and they are too generous.  Gabe got lucky.  It was framed as partly in self-interest or Lena was in danger of losing her job.  She still is, given other shady things she has done or knows about. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I was thinking the same thing. That garage looks like it will be super nice. It could easily be rented out.

how much money did Lena and Steph spend on Gabes attorney? $20,000? That would have covered almost a year of payments to the IRS. These women are too generous.

They weren't being generous though, getting Gabe off the sex offender list was the only way for Lena to keep her job at Anchor Beach and it would have made it difficult (if not impossible) for her to get another job as an educator if she was fired for allowing a registered sex offender around kids. Pragmatically speaking Lena keeping her job/career would more than "pay off" the loan for them, and that's before factoring in the value of Gabe's free remodeling work.

• Love 2
On August 10, 2016 at 7:22 PM, KaveDweller said:

That's what happens when you keep dating your foster brothers and other relative-adjacent folks. These people should try Tinder or Match.com or something.

Exactly. I know the popular opinion is how awful Brandon is and anyone but Brandon with Callie is perfect but I just cannot wrap my head around the support for Callie and AJ and how anyone sees this as any healthier and better. The girl went from banging her foster brother to banging her foster brother's brother. They are all one extended family.

So when she and AJ inevitably implodes, does that mean Mike can't bring him around any Foster-Adams family get togethers? Because judging by Stef's treatment of Brandon in relation to her, we know that Callie is the one who must always be protected and since Brandon's already been run out of his home twice, sucks for AJ since he's only Mike's kid, when they end. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

I was surprised that Jesus ended up with a nail in his head (did they say it went up through his nose?) 

Did Jude really get addicted to marijuana that fast? And why did he have to buy it from the dealer at school instead of just ask his friend for some more. (Maybe the school should keep better eyes on their students, since it seem so easy to get the marijuana in the open at school).

Can someone fill me in on the restraining that was taken out against Brandon? I don't think I saw all of the first season so I'm a bit confused as to what grounds  they gave a judge so that he issue one, why did they feel it was necessary to get one (I understand that callie and brandon were developing feelings for each other, I just don't see why that would prompt a restraining) and why on earth would Brandon ever want anything to do with his moms ever again after they filed a restraining order against him in order to protect a foster child they just met.

Yes they did state the nail went up Jesus' nose in the episode.

i don't think Jude is "addicted" he just ls just an enthusiast.

Brandon and Cally were breaking all kinds of rules which prevented the adoption. I think moms were just trying to prevent a catastrophe 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, stillbored said:

I was surprised that Jesus ended up with a nail in his head (did they say it went up through his nose?) 

No. The neurosurgeon went through his nose to remove it, that's what Callie was saying.

• Love 3

what ever happened to the trans storyline with Jude? I remember they said in the first season that he was caught in his foster home dressing up as a girl and they seemed like they were continuing the storyline when he kept wanting to put on nail polish, but they just dropped it

12 hours ago, stillbored said:

Did Jude really get addicted to marijuana that fast? And why did he have to buy it from the dealer at school instead of just ask his friend for some more. (Maybe the school should keep better eyes on their students, since it seem so easy to get the marijuana in the open at school).

Can someone fill me in on the restraining that was taken out against Brandon? I don't think I saw all of the first season so I'm a bit confused as to what grounds  they gave a judge so that he issue one, why did they feel it was necessary to get one (I understand that callie and brandon were developing feelings for each other, I just don't see why that would prompt a restraining) and why on earth would Brandon ever want anything to do with his moms ever again after they filed a restraining order against him in order to protect a foster child they just met.

I don't think they've ever really said directly what the grounds were, probably because there's nothing they could say that would be a plausible reason for a judge to issue a restraining order that would still allow for her to still live with/be adopted by the Foster Adams family afterwards. If they hadn't brought the restraining order back later as a way to hold up Callie's adoption I'd have assumed that the whole thing had been a dramatic bluff by the parents.

As to why they felt the need ... End of Season 1: She kissed Brandon, Jude saw them and yelled at her, Callie ran away with Wyatt (which violated her parole IIRC), Season 2: Callie got herself arrested because she had no money or place to live after Wyatt called the moms on her and ended up in Girls United instead of juvy, Callie saw Brandon outside of GU and ran out the door and embraced him in front of everyone (like, 2 minutes after Rita laid down things like that being against the rules), Rita told the moms that if Callie broke the rules and saw Brandon again she'd have her thrown back in juvy.

Aaron specifically told Callie he's 19, and that he's in a combined Bachelor's/Law degree program that gets him through the process faster. They made such a point of his age that I thought for sure they were setting it up so that he was a love interest for her. He also asked her repeatedly about whether her boyfriend was real or fake, and until he actually met AJ, he told her he would believe the boyfriend existed only when he saw him. And he kissed her when they went out on his motorcycle. I think it's pretty clear he's interested in her, but whether they go anywhere with it or not I don't know. I think it would be a rare and surprising move for a TV show to establish chemistry and interest and then drop it and definitively NOT pursue it. But it would not be a bad thing, it might even be a good thing because in real life it happens all the time. On the other hand, for the only time it ever happened in the history of TV to be when one of the people is trans, would to me be kind of a bummer.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

I think it's pretty clear he's interested in her, but whether they go anywhere with it or not I don't know. I think it would be a rare and surprising move for a TV show to establish chemistry and interest and then drop it and definitively NOT pursue it. But it would not be a bad thing, it might even be a good thing because in real life it happens all the time. On the other hand, for the only time it ever happened in the history of TV to be when one of the people is trans, would to me be kind of a bummer.

Didn't Cole have a crush of sorts on Callie, and she friend-zoned him?  I may be mis-remembering, because I do that.  As far as Aaron, she acted impulsively by getting on a motorcycle and going to a remote area with a stranger, and I would be OK if they didn't follow up her impulsivity with yet another shiny new relationship for her.  I really like the character of Cole, the actor does a terrific job, but Aaron isn't hooking me in yet. 

5 hours ago, GreenScreenFX said:

She totally friend-zoned Cole... Forgot about that.

Weird, you'd think being a fellow Girl's United person would be almost like being a foster brother, and thus, totally appealing to Callie.

• Love 4
On 8/12/2016 at 9:13 AM, possibilities said:

On the other hand, for the only time it ever happened in the history of TV to be when one of the people is trans, would to me be kind of a bummer.

And we saw some minor sparks flying between Cole and Callie, a nice prequel to this.

16 hours ago, LisaM said:

When Jude approached the dealer at school, I was sure she was going to say "Dude, your mother is the Vice Principal. No way I am getting involved selling to you!"

I actually, was weirded out by the fact that a 14 year old was apparently a pretty established dealer already. I know that the kids on this show are kind of exaggerated (like the fact that some 13 year olds were ready to have sex and drink), and that some kids do start young, but still. 

Despite my distaste for Brallie 2.0, AJ does really care about Callie and since the parents don't view it as inappropriate (for some reason) they are allowed to have some objectively sweet couple moments. However, I've been waiting forever for Callie and Aaron to be a thing. For one thing, they did kiss on Callie's Day Off and Aaron has made it very clear that he's interested. And Callie does have a thing for dangerous relationships. Aaron isn't in crisis, but he's close enough to it with the Kyle situation. Plus, Callie has totally been checking out since she and AJ achieved some stability as a couple. 

I think it'll be interesting if they really do explore it though. While I know Callie isnt prejudiced, exactly, I do think that Callie is the type of person who wouldn't be completely comfortable dating a transgender person. Like Cole was a friend as well, but I also think the fact that Callie saw him when he was transitioning affected her perception of him. I don't think Callie would be able to get over that hump of Aaron previously being a girl to fully commit to the relationship. 

I don't think Callie gives a shit about gender issues either way. When Aaron told her he was transgender she showed no hesitation or surprise and wasn't at all conflicted. 

I do think she is in love with Brandon, and none of her relationships will ever work out if she is around him.

I think one of the reasons why we are having a hard time with the events on this show is the time compression. The timeline is so wonky especially if you look at Hayden's first appearance versus these latest batch of episodes. Case in point Jesus' recovery which seemed like it happened overnight.

• Love 3